HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread, Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
SteveCangialosi123

vCash: 500
Can someone give me an update on how Larsson, Josefson, and Tedenby have been playing? I haven't been following at all I've been completely shut off of all hockey and been watching the NBA(go Knicks lol). Thanks in advance.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
Can someone give me an update on how Larsson, Josefson, and Tedenby have been playing? I haven't been following at all I've been completely shut off of all hockey and been watching the NBA(go Knicks lol). Thanks in advance.
There's been a lot of info and discussion in the last 3 or 4 pages, and at this point you may as well replace Tedenby in that question with Butler.

Josefson and Larsson have looked exactly as they should: like NHLers playing in a league below them. Larsson is like 3rd or 4th on the team in points and was 2nd at one point, while leading the team in assists. Josefson came out with a bang and looked by far the best on the team, but since he started playing with Pesonen and Anderson, the line as a whole has been scoring less.

Tedenby's been ok, and shown some improvement in the past month or so. However, he's been playing shutdown minutes on a 3rd line of Sesito and Gionta lately, and he was bouncing around the lineup before that. No idea what that means for him in the NHL camp, cause I get the impression Lou wanted him mostly working on defense in the A.

Butler has been absolutely on fire, and he's been that way since Henrique was injured, oddly enough. Goal after goal after goal. He looks really good and definitely looks like a top-6 NHLer, which is great since he's a RW. He's been playing with Joe Whitney and Steve Zalewski so it's not like he's got world-beating talent on his line, either.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

The A-Devils twitter just posted the starting lineup and it's Anderson - Wohlberg - Zalewski - Urbom - Gelinas. Looks like that's it for Larsson, Josefson, and Butler. It'll be interesting to see if management puts Tedenby in that same group or not.

On the plus side, now more of our prospects can get some consistent playing time.

EDIT: And Gelinas is on the board two minutes in.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Devils731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
The A-Devils twitter just posted the starting lineup and it's Anderson - Wohlberg - Zalewski - Urbom - Gelinas. Looks like that's it for Larsson, Josefson, and Butler. It'll be interesting to see if management puts Tedenby in that same group or not.

On the plus side, now more of our prospects can get some consistent playing time.

EDIT: And Gelinas is on the board two minutes in.
All those guys are playing today and it's the end of the 2nd period.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Mgd31

lol.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
All those guys are playing today and it's the end of the 2nd period.
Yeah, twitter crashed on me, apparently. Seeing the different lines got me all jumbled.

EDIT: If only I had waited to see Larsson and Tedenby both score...

Last edited by Hockey Sports Fan: 01-06-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Larsson and Tedenby scored.

Quote:
Larsson converts on an odd-man rush off a feed from Pesonen. 3-2 Devils with 8:49 to play in the third. #adevils
Tedenby fires home a wrist shot to put the Devils ahead 4-2. 3:49 to play in the third. #adevils
Zalewski adds an empty-netter and the Devils lead is now 5-2 with 2:02 remaining in the third. #adevils

Old
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Albany breaks this game open with three goals in the third. Larsson, then Tedenby, then Zalewski.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Devils731

Albany started to rack up points around the time Henrique got hurt. Weird coincidence.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Albany started to rack up points around the time Henrique got hurt. Weird coincidence.
Sometimes it takes the guy everyone expects to carry them to drop out for everyone else to pick it up.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:16 PM
FirmestPiano

yay larsson! want goal proof asap

Old
01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
There's been a lot of info and discussion in the last 3 or 4 pages, and at this point you may as well replace Tedenby in that question with Butler.

Josefson and Larsson have looked exactly as they should: like NHLers playing in a league below them. Larsson is like 3rd or 4th on the team in points and was 2nd at one point, while leading the team in assists. Josefson came out with a bang and looked by far the best on the team, but since he started playing with Pesonen and Anderson, the line as a whole has been scoring less.

Tedenby's been ok, and shown some improvement in the past month or so. However, he's been playing shutdown minutes on a 3rd line of Sesito and Gionta lately, and he was bouncing around the lineup before that. No idea what that means for him in the NHL camp, cause I get the impression Lou wanted him mostly working on defense in the A.

Butler has been absolutely on fire, and he's been that way since Henrique was injured, oddly enough. Goal after goal after goal. He looks really good and definitely looks like a top-6 NHLer, which is great since he's a RW. He's been playing with Joe Whitney and Steve Zalewski so it's not like he's got world-beating talent on his line, either.
Thanks man. That's great to hear about Larsson. If he can take a big step offensively that would really soften the blow of losing number 9. I have really high hopes for Josefson too if he can take his game to the next level (and stay healthy) that would be a big plus.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Zippy316

Looked like the lines were:

Anderson-Wohlberg-Zalewski
Hoeffel-Josefson-Butler
Tedenby-Gionta-McKelvie
Pesonen-Sestito-Zajac

Surprised at how much ice time McKelvie is getting. They really like him in Albany. At least in the AHL, he reminds me of like an Asham. A guy that can chip in here or there but can score too. Asham is a solid NHL player, not just a goon like Janssen is.

EDIT: After looking at the score sheet, Pesonen and Hoeffel were both on the ice for goals with Sestito or Zajac. So I can't say for certain what line each was on. If I had to guess, Pesonen was on the second line.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Looked like the lines were:

Anderson-Wohlberg-Zalewski
Hoeffel-Josefson-Butler
Tedenby-Gionta-McKelvie
Pesonen-Sestito-Zajac

Surprised at how much ice time McKelvie is getting. They really like him in Albany. At least in the AHL, he reminds me of like an Asham. A guy that can chip in here or there but can score too. Asham is a solid NHL player, not just a goon like Janssen is.

EDIT: After looking at the score sheet, Pesonen and Hoeffel were both on the ice for goals with Sestito or Zajac. So I can't say for certain what line each was on. If I had to guess, Pesonen was on the second line.
Pesonen and Josefson have been together for a while.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM
CerebralGenesis

I forgot about Pesonen. I bet theres a rookie card of him made this season.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post

From what I've been hearing Pesonen is having a pretty good year...any chance he gets a look for the NHL team?

Old
01-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I'd like to try Pesonen on the fourth line with some combination of Gionta/Carter/Bernier at some point.

I'd be shocked if Butler isn't called up, given our non-existent depth at RW.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Butler already has a ticket to be in the opening night lineup IMO. It would be stupid for him not to be. Tedenby likely will be until Henrique comes back. In that time he will try, and keep his spot, or be sent back down. Butler will be no matter what. Unless that dream I had of Parse being in the lineup, and Butler not actually comes true. Yeah I know right?

Pesonen will probably be the default forward called up if we have issues. Like the same way Sestito was last year. Maybe even Whitney. I don't think we'll be rolling with Sestito, but Pete really liked him it seemed.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Hockey Sports Fan

Butler could still have a terrible camp, but then so did Henrique last year. So much up in the air right now, it's gonna be an exciting camp!

Old
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Old
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Butler could still have a terrible camp, but then so did Henrique last year. So much up in the air right now, it's gonna be an exciting camp!
I think he'd have to be pretty terrible though not to make it. Aside from he, and Tedenby I can't see anyone else from Albany really making the team full time right now. Whitney, and Pesonen possibly in a depleted lineup as call ups later on. I would say Butler is a lock, and even Tedenby at least until henrique comes back. Josefson, and Larsson would be in no matter what too.

Then again I'm being haunted by that Parse dream still! Imagine if Parse was being kept out of Albany's lineup so much, so they could really save him for the NHL!

Old
01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
In a short and compressed season, injuries will pile up. It wouldn't surprise me to see half the AHL team called up at various points.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I know, I said that. But the way the score sheet was, I just said that I couldn't say for certain whether or not he was there.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Mustangs

Send a message via MSN to Mustangs
Teddy is turning up the heat, which is good news for his development. Just in time for camp.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Jack Griffin

Kelly Zajac gets sent back down to Trenton after putting up 2 pts in his first AHL game this year. I would rather have him in Albany than Wohlberg.

Closed Thread