HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Icehogs down 2-4 right now in 3rd period.

Awful power play. Wasted chance.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
RomersWorld*

Beach with a rocket shot on goal then 10 seconds later gets taken off for a diving call.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Wait, no talk on how Nick Leddy stank up the joint this weekend? Paired up with Clend's and provided the other team with pretty much a three on five at full strength? Three goals against?

Hello?

I thought Leddy was on another level? a lower level then everybody else in the A, perhaps? Just goes to show, he needs alot of work and when the season starts, should be right where he is, in the A.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Wait, no talk on how Nick Leddy stank up the joint this weekend? Paired up with Clend's and provided the other team with pretty much a three on five at full strength? Three goals against?

Hello?

I thought Leddy was on another level? a lower level then everybody else in the A, perhaps? Just goes to show, he needs alot of work and when the season starts, should be right where he is, in the A.
I saw the game in TO yesterday, 2 goals were a direct result of Leddy. But he still looked like the best Dman on both teams and the 3 Leaf fans I was with, completely agreed with me.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
First off ,, Putting Leddy/Clendening together on pairing is damning indictment of Hogs coaching

Old
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
odessa
Ima Firen Mah Lazar

How's Chris Calnan playing atm? We propably dont see another Jeremy Roenick, but i sure hope he developes tough 2nd line power forward!

Old
01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:

Hello?

Attended Friday's game and after a fairly decent start, the Ice Hogs looked dismal. Leddys play was awful that night. I was hoping to see him bounce back Saturday but he was just as bad then. Sure, he is a great skater and has his moments on offence, but defensively and physically he is nowhere.

As for the others: let me put it this way. When Paradis and Bollig are two of your best players, something is wrong. Hayes had a few moments, as did Ben Smith and Saad. Their play was passable. As for our other so-called prospects:

Beach - nowhere to be found
Morin - the hype has stopped for good reason
Pirri - was trying in spurts but his play was disappointing
Kruger - has a little more time in the AHL, hence some nice passes but too bad that he cant seem to avoid going lateral or backwards with them. He refuses to move the puck forward and is still dominated physically
Shaw - some good efforts but too small to play the game he wants to play

Old
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

Hello?

Oh noezz! Leddy had a bad game? OMFG!!! JEBUS!! Why r he even n AHL? He r not manly enuf 4 such league! Send him to Euro team wear he r b better at life.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
First off ,, Putting Leddy/Clendening together on pairing is damning indictment of Hogs coaching
Quite true. Q would likely do the same. DOH

Old
01-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Quite true. Q would likely do the same. DOH
No one's sure at this point how much of Rockford's player usage is coming from the Hawks' brass.

Q, Bowman, and Smith are with the team for almost every practice and game. I've heard it was Smith who decided to move Jimmy Hayes to center and work with him there.

It's possible that Dent may not like these pairings, but he doesn't seem to be putting up much of a fight about them.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Hawkaholic

My observations from the game in TO:

Shaw - Didn't notice him much, got his nose dirty a few times but didn't stick out offensively.
Pirri - was fairly invisible most of the game, had a couple moments when he showed some flair, but nothing special.
Kruger - One of the better Hogs, and controlled the puck well. Made a few nice plays, but a few bad ones too. He's better off in the NHL imo.
Hayes - Strong skater for a big man, didnt do much offensively but is good enough to be a depth guy.
Beach - Terrible, i've completely soured on him. Stupid penalties, still a ****** attitude, diver, etc.
Saad - saw limited playing time, a couple bad turnovers, got smoked by Mark Fraser.
Morin - our best offensive player imo, has some slick moves, beauty shot, I think he could possibly make the jump this year.

Leddy - bad game, but still looked out of place playing in the AHL. Can do whatever he wants with the puck, just makes bad decisions in his postioning. Doesn't get physically dominate like some say, but he does get over powered every once in a while
Clendening - Great PP QB great PMD...thats about it.
Stanton - Very meh, not bad, but not that great.

Hutton - AHL goalie, not much else to say. Makes great saves, lets in easy goals..too inconsistent.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Attended Friday's game and after a fairly decent start, the Ice Hogs looked dismal. Leddys play was awful that night. I was hoping to see him bounce back Saturday but he was just as bad then. Sure, he is a great skater and has his moments on offence, but defensively and physically he is nowhere.

As for the others: let me put it this way. When Paradis and Bollig are two of your best players, something is wrong. Hayes had a few moments, as did Ben Smith and Saad. Their play was passable. As for our other so-called prospects:

Beach - nowhere to be found
Morin - the hype has stopped for good reason
Pirri - was trying in spurts but his play was disappointing
Kruger - has a little more time in the AHL, hence some nice passes but too bad that he cant seem to avoid going lateral or backwards with them. He refuses to move the puck forward and is still dominated physically
Shaw - some good efforts but too small to play the game he wants to play
Leddy can rush the puck as well as anybody. But he hasnt done anything to work on playing in his own zone, and its looking like he never will. I agree with everything you said.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Oh noezz! Leddy had a bad game? OMFG!!! JEBUS!! Why r he even n AHL? He r not manly enuf 4 such league! Send him to Euro team wear he r b better at life.
If it was one game it would be different, its been his entire time in the A.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:14 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
If it was one game it would be different, its been his entire time in the A.
Funny, you seem to be the only person who thinks Leddy's been awful in the AHL. But, no worries, because now that the lockout is over Leddy will finally be able to leave the roughest, toughest, manliest league in the world and go play in the NHL.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Funny, you seem to be the only person who thinks Leddy's been awful in the AHL. But, no worries, because now that the lockout is over Leddy will finally be able to leave the roughest, toughest, manliest league in the world and go play in the NHL.
Nope. Leddy is not any better defensively and will get smoked again if he is given a spot on the Hawks blue line. I'd rather Hawks trade him while he is worth something.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Hurr durr. Who figured the lockout would be over for a good 12 hours and we're already hearing the chicken littles.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

trade Leddy while he has some value

Old
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Sarava

Just a reminder to everyone...feel free to disagree with whoever you like, but you need to focus on the opinion you disagree with and not the poster. Le'ts try to keep this somewhat civil. Thanks!

Old
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Hurr durr. Who figured the lockout would be over for a good 12 hours and we're already hearing the chicken littles.
I'm really happy to have this back.

This entire day has really helped me understand those bankers from Stockholm in 1973.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:58 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Nick Leddy's stats as a sophomore:

Quote:
Goals: 3 / Assists: 34 / Points: 37 / +-: -12
Good for 25th among defensemen in points. Before I hear a "Look at that +-. Terrible defense" arguement, 2 of the top 3 defensive scorers were in the negative, including the holy Brian Campbell he replaced.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Nick Leddy's stats as a sophomore:

Good for 25th among defensemen in points. Before I hear a "Look at that +-. Terrible defense" arguement, 2 of the top 3 defensive scorers were in the negative, including the holy Brian Campbell he replaced.
Campbell also had how many more points then Leddy last year on a much, much weaker offensive team.

I wont even get into the arguement over defense considering Leddy just doesnt play it. Not in the nhl, not in the A.

To say Leddy isnt a product of the Hawks system is just pure folly.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Blue Liner

Never thought I'd see someone hate a player more than BWC hates Stalberg.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Campbell is product of his coaches letting him freelance and neglect his D

He should be grateful that Q showed him how to play D and didn't bench him for his constant mistakes his 1st 2 seasons as a Hawk

Old
01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Never thought I'd see someone hate a player more than BWC hates Stalberg.
I dont hate Nick Leddy, as I have met him more then once while he has been down here and find him a decent kid.

But he isnt that good.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Campbell is product of his coaches letting him freelance and neglect his D
Which is almost similar to Leddy considering he can feast on a high powered offense for points and not even a bit worry about keeping the puck out of his own net.
Quote:
He should be grateful that Q showed him how to play D and didn't bench him for his constant mistakes his 1st 2 seasons as a Hawk
Which is similar again to Leddy considering two leagues have solved the riddle of playing Nick Leddy when he is out on the ice.

That Hawks management I tell ya.....saints.

Closed Thread