HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: The Neverending Story

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Rude Dog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think it will be a tweener roster player + good prospect(not blue chip) + 1st round pick.

Or a solid top-6 roster player and drop or downgrade one of the other two pieces.

ex. Kulemin/Bozak + Kadri + 1st

or Lupul + Kadri/1st
I would be beyond shocked if the Leafs included a 1st unless there is something major coming back in add'n to Lou. Just don't see it happening.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:37 PM
EvoLu7ioN

[QUOTE=Rude Dog;57211045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post

Tell me you weren't happy when Schneider started over Lou in the play-offs? I know how excited I was when Lou got the start. Nothing made me happier then watching the Nucks lose and I always felt Lou gave them a way better shot of doing it.
He actually played well, it was the players in front of him that didn't give the team a chance to win. And he gives his team a better shot at winning than 25 of the 30 other starting goalies in the league, that has been the case consistently for the past 5 years, and it will continue to be the fact for the next 2-3 years.

Last edited by SixthSens: 01-06-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: flaming
Old
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Rude Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
You must've been ecstatic when you found out D. Sedin was concussed and Maxim Lappierre was our first line RW.

Can't wait for a new season.
Actually unlike many...I am a big fan of the Sedins. Seem like good guys and never take a shift off. I thought the hit was dirty. Now Kesler on the other hand.....

Old
01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Luongo on TSN's Game On
Is he wrong?

May have missed something in the last couple hours

Old
01-06-2013, 06:48 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So if he can be waived, who holds the hammer?
Well if your GM is a spiteful jerk like you say he isn't then Vancouver. But you would think a mediocre trade even if it is just picks is better then getting nothing for him. But hey if your GM would rather give him up for nothing than get something then have at it. It is a very bad way to manage your assets but hey if Gillis wants to teach Lou a lesson waive him.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Well if your GM is a spiteful jerk like you say he isn't then Vancouver. But you would think a mediocre trade even if it is just picks is better then getting nothing for him. But hey if your GM would rather give him up for nothing than get something then have at it. It is a very bad way to manage your assets but hey if Gillis wants to teach Lou a lesson waive him.

It's not going to come down to that, I just took it to an extreme to prove a point: Luongo does _not_ want to be adversarial to his GM. Period. It doesn't help Luongo at all.

A mediocre trade to anyone is fine. It's when you think he can direct himself to FLA at the exclusion of all other options that it starts to delve into fantasy a bit.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Rude Dog

[QUOTE=EvoLu7ioN;57211597]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Dog View Post

He actually played well, it was the players in front of him that didn't give the team a chance to win. And he gives his team a better shot at winning than 25 of the 30 other starting goalies in the league, that has been the case consistently for the past 5 years, and it will continue to be the fact for the next 2-3 years.
Maybe if Schneider was in net they would have won those games 1-0. And don't pretend that I am alone. A vast number of Nuck fans I know felt the same way.

Last edited by SixthSens: 01-06-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: qep
Old
01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
It's not going to come down to that, I just took it to an extreme to prove a point: Luongo does _not_ want to be adversarial to his GM. Period. It doesn't help Luongo at all.

A mediocre trade to anyone is fine. It's when you think he can direct himself to FLA at the exclusion of all other options that it starts to delve into fantasy a bit.
I never said that, but he can pretty much say I am going to Florida or waive me. I don't think Florida is the only place he will go. But he might not want to go to Toronto and be the "savior". People say that Vancouver is a crazy market where the press will get after Lou if he uses his no trade. What the heck will happen if he goes to Toronto the team is bad and no matter how good he is he loses? He will get killed of course that would probably get Burke fired, but it still would be a ton of heat on Luongo. I think he will talk to Gillis and be reasonable but I also think he will use his no trade to get what makes him happy.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
EvoLu7ioN

[QUOTE=Rude Dog;57212469]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post

Maybe if Schneider was in net they would have won those games 1-0. And don't pretend that I am alone. A vast number of Nuck fans I know felt the same way.
A vast number of Canucks fans also want Gillis to just trade Luongo for a bag of pucks, so a vast number of Canucks fans need to piss off lol. And "maybe if" Luongo was in net for games 3-5 we would have won a few and turned the series around once our leading goal scorer drew back into the lineup

Last edited by SixthSens: 01-06-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: qep
Old
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
I never said that, but he can pretty much say I am going to Florida or waive me. I don't think Florida is the only place he will go. But he might not want to go to Toronto and be the "savior". People say that Vancouver is a crazy market where the press will get after Lou if he uses his no trade. What the heck will happen if he goes to Toronto the team is bad and no matter how good he is he loses? He will get killed of course that would probably get Burke fired, but it still would be a ton of heat on Luongo. I think he will talk to Gillis and be reasonable but I also think he will use his no trade to get what makes him happy.

I can't argue your final statement because it's two ambiguous. What makes Luongo happy? Who knows what he is really going to hardline on. Just have to see.

Also, on the pressure of markets. I may have this wrong, but I think VAN is _much_ harder on its goaltenders than TOR is. An aged Eddie Belfour was hailed as a hero there. If Luongo does what I think he can over there, he would be hailed as a god. I'm confident he would be praised for his play... Only time will tell.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Bozak, Franson and a 3rd for Luongo. If you guys want you can substitute Frattin in for one of those players, NHL release and looking good in the AHL, he is NHL ready.

Bozak I know you guys need a centre and he could be a nice fill in for Kesler until he's back and he would be a great #3 for you.

Franson is a RD and has a great shot, I know you have Garrison for his shot, but Franson would be a nice piece for your power play.

Everyone is going to say underpayment but its hard to determine what his market value is, given the term left on the deal, not the cap hit which is reasonable.
Change the 3rd to a 1st and I might consider it. Franson doesn't really fit since Tanev is better than him and we still have Ballard for the rest of the year (Who is also better than Franson), Franson is a waste of talent as a 7th defensemen and Alberts is great in that 7th D role anyways.

Bozak, Frattin, 1st.

Maybe, would like a prospect since Bozak is a Pending UFA and who knows if we will re-sign him since we will need cap space for Edler and have Schroeder, Kassian, Jensen coming up, even Gaunce might be ready for a long look in the pre-season.

Not sure at this point, I think we could get something better from FLA.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bach View Post
Please god and all that is holy let Lolongo not come to Toronto.
I don't want to watch him every Saturday night on CBC.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
NYVanfan

wow, offline for a few hours to watch seahawks and this thread swells by a dozen pages. guess the news of game on has been a major catalyst ...

can't wade thru all of it ...fair to say the majority has just been a sea of leaf posts proposing some package of scraps, and/or saying how crappy Luo is? that would be the logical guess

cheers

Old
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Fogelhund

Quote:
If Luongo does what I think he can over there, he would be hailed as a god. I'm confident he would be praised for his play... Only time will tell.
Praised as a god, or hung out to dry... depends on how it goes.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Don't know where you're getting your info PBPantherfan but its wrong.

‏@mirtle
Fact is Canucks might get more at trade deadline or next summer. Don't think it's impossible they wait. #Luongo

@mirtle
Luongo situation funny in that hockey world seems split on what will happen with him. Most lately say he'll decline to go to Toronto.
He is going to decline the team with the biggest need....that should really drive up the old value.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
He is going to decline the team with the biggest need....that should really drive up the old value.
Not that it would matter to Toronto, if it were true.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Todd Bertuzzi(Scottie Upshall), Alex Auld(Jose Theodore), Bryan Allen(Ed Jovanovski).

Enjoy.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Todd Bertuzzi(Scottie Upshall), Alex Auld(Jose Theodore), Bryan Allen(Ed Jovanovski).

Enjoy.
Lol.

Big fan of Jovo back in his prime (was my favorite player), but no one is taking on that 35+ contract with 3 years left at 4.125.

Or a big contract in Upshall for a player that isn't an improvement on what we already have.

And Dan Ellis is playing great in the AHL, I have no problem signing him or calling up Lack, Theodore is no priority.

No thanks.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:

Enjoy.
How on earth did you come up with those comparisons?

Old
01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Enjoy.
Is Upshall coming off a 71 point season and known as one of the premier power forwards in the game?

Is Ed Jovanovski a young top 4 defenseman?

01-06-2013, 07:41 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:

Enjoy.
Are you implying that the Todd Bertuzzi of 2006 = the Scottie Upshall of 2013? Unless Scottie has transformed into a top 20 forward over the lock-out then I think you are mistaken.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Are you implying that the Todd Bertuzzi of 2006 = the Scottie Upshall of 2013? Unless Scottie has transformed into a top 20 forward over the lock-out then I think you are mistaken.
replace upshall w weiss and id do it, assuming we buy jovo out after this year

Old
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
SouthFLFan79

It will be funny to watch the reactions when he is traded to chicago or edmonton for less then what people are talking about. Not only will the Canuck fans flip out but the leaf fans would too.

I dont think he will go to either the cats (unless it is dirt cheap for florida, he isnt a need for us) or leafs personally. I think it will be some other tean.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
replace upshall w weiss and id do it, assuming we buy jovo out after this year
As would I. Weiss+ for Luongo would be most ideal return at this point.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:

Enjoy.
Bryan Allen = Luke Schenn
Alex Auld = James Reimer
Todd Bertuzzi = I guess Joffrey Lupul would be the closest?

Closed Thread