HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
  #651
D Fresh
Lost Horizons
 
D Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,753
vCash: 50
Pumped to see these new maps.
Games good so far, I haven't come across anything so serious it turned me off permanently

D Fresh is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:25 PM
  #652
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,853
vCash: 50
If you are going to play zombies (especially tranzit), please have a damn microphone

TheGooooch is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
  #653
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,223
vCash: 500
Heres how stupidly OP swarm and K9 are. The guy gets them at 11-1 , and he finishes freaking 114-2 .... He probably got 2 gun kills between those loop of streaks.... So stupid.

Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:27 AM
  #654
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Got my diamond SMGs last night. Feels good.
Congrats! How was the chicom?

Carl Carlson is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 08:53 AM
  #655
gimme an olands
wha
 
gimme an olands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
i've been using the fal on maps like carrier and yemen - feels like i'm cheating

fal w/ reflex & quickdraw
ghost & flak jacket (perk 1 greed)
toughness
dexterity
c4
flashbang

never really gave the gun a chance because it's semi-auto. was told the only way it's playable was with select fire, but after trying it, it's deadly as a semi-auto weapon - two shot kills.

gimme an olands is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:52 AM
  #656
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,667
vCash: 500
Map pack is January 29th right?

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
  #657
wingsnut19
Registered User
 
wingsnut19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Congrats! How was the chicom?
Not bad after I got select fire for it. Did the no attachments challenge separate from the no perks challenge so it wasn't so bad. But still probably won't ever use it again.

wingsnut19 is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
  #658
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
How exactly DO you get gold? Sorry, I just got the game three days ago. I thought it was always headshots but I don't see it in the camos.

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
  #659
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
How exactly DO you get gold? Sorry, I just got the game three days ago. I thought it was always headshots but I don't see it in the camos.
Once you get 100 headshots with a weapon , it unlocks 5 other camos which you have to do certain little things like 20 double kills , to get those 5 camos unlocked. Then once you have all the camos unlocked you get gold.

Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
  #660
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Once you get 100 headshots with a weapon , it unlocks 5 other camos which you have to do certain little things like 20 double kills , to get those 5 camos unlocked. Then once you have all the camos unlocked you get gold.
Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up man.

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
  #661
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon
 
kingsboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,184
vCash: 500
just got gold for my M27 last night. Moving on to the Fal.

kingsboy11 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:24 PM
  #662
Richards to Gaborik
Registered User
 
Richards to Gaborik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Got so damn sick of TDM, made the switch to headquarters and am having a much more enjoyable experience.

Also, am I the only one who HATES the spawning system in this game? I swear 90% of the time I die it's because of somebody that spawned behind me.

Richards to Gaborik is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
  #663
Smelling Salt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Yeah the spawning is bad. You really gotta watch the minimap to see where your teammates are because if you are near one end of the map and your mates in the middle/at the other end, you're probably about to get shot in the back.

I especially find this bad on Slums.

Smelling Salt is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:53 PM
  #664
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,284
vCash: 50
Just finished playing a game of Domination on Raid. Went 100-3 with 3 sets of Dogs and Swarm each. But guess what? Mother ****ing Theater Mode didn't record the gameplay so I have no proof that it actually happened. Playing a few more games I notice that Theater Mode isn't recording any of my gameplays now. WTF Treyarch? My best game ever by a huge margin on Black Ops 2 and I can't even save it as a film or anything.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
  #665
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,921
vCash: 50
Anyone have the issue of the same few maps playing over and over again on HC TDM?
Seems like its always Plaza or raid...dont mind raid but last night I played Plaza every 3rd game it seemed and in a span of 2 hours I did not play aftermath, turbine or express once.

Hope I dont sound like I am whineing but just want to know if anyone else had these issues this weekend?

Ziggy66 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
  #666
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Heres how stupidly OP swarm and K9 are. The guy gets them at 11-1 , and he finishes freaking 114-2 .... He probably got 2 gun kills between those loop of streaks.... So stupid.
Don't hate. But yeah, they are a little overpowered. The main problem is that there are ways to (partially) exploit the scorestreak system. One of the ways is obviously looping your streaks. Another is playing game modes a specific way. I got an Orbital VSAT at only 5-0 last night on Domination by simply capping the home flag, capping B (with three kills on the flag), and capping the opponent's home flag (with two kills on the flag). Just that alone gave me 1000 pts. from the kills and 450 from the flag caps. Pretty absurd how many points you can amass super fast playing Domination the right way.

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
  #667
Carl Carlson
Registered User
 
Carl Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Anyone have the issue of the same few maps playing over and over again on HC TDM?
Seems like its always Plaza or raid...dont mind raid but last night I played Plaza every 3rd game it seemed and in a span of 2 hours I did not play aftermath, turbine or express once.

Hope I dont sound like I am whineing but just want to know if anyone else had these issues this weekend?
It's not just in HC I've found I play a lot of the same maps whenever I jump on. I've played a ton of raid, slums, standoff and plaza. I'll go days before maps like drone or cargo or aftermath pop up.

Carl Carlson is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 08:01 PM
  #668
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Just finished playing a game of Domination on Raid. Went 100-3 with 3 sets of Dogs and Swarm each. But guess what? Mother ****ing Theater Mode didn't record the gameplay so I have no proof that it actually happened. Playing a few more games I notice that Theater Mode isn't recording any of my gameplays now. WTF Treyarch? My best game ever by a huge margin on Black Ops 2 and I can't even save it as a film or anything.
What's your KDR now? I know it used to be above 3.00. Pretty impressive.

My highest kill counts (70+) have all come running Orbital VSAT/Dogs/Swarm as the streaks.

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 08:16 PM
  #669
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,662
vCash: 500
Some of you guys are ridiculously good at this game. I don't think I've had a game with 50+ kills yet. My best games so far are like 45-10

Having serious trouble getting headshots with the M8. Consistently getting 2-4 a game. With other guns I'd be in the 5-7 range most of the time with random games of 10+. Not with the M8 though. Been a grind. Called it a night at 50. Hoping to finish it tomorrow, but going to need some big games to do that.

I was put into a game today where the team was losing something like 70-20 (KC). Jump in, go 16-1 with a warthog and k9 unit called in and cut the defecit to 100-80 by the time the game was over; so close!

silverfish is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
  #670
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Some of you guys are ridiculously good at this game. I don't think I've had a game with 50+ kills yet. My best games so far are like 45-10

Having serious trouble getting headshots with the M8. Consistently getting 2-4 a game. With other guns I'd be in the 5-7 range most of the time with random games of 10+. Not with the M8 though. Been a grind. Called it a night at 50. Hoping to finish it tomorrow, but going to need some big games to do that.

I was put into a game today where the team was losing something like 70-20 (KC). Jump in, go 16-1 with a warthog and k9 unit called in and cut the defecit to 100-80 by the time the game was over; so close!
I'm definitely a tier below the top echelon of players in the world. Current stats are:

Prestige 8, Level 12
KDR: 2.17
W/L: 1.07
SPM: 368
Total kills: 28,000+
Weapons: More than half of all my kills are split fairly evenly between the SMGs.

How did I get this? Play way too much.

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
  #671
NY Dynasty
Greetings stranger!
 
NY Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Ever since Christmas, I see a lot more high scorestreaks like Dogs and Swarm. I usually don't equip them myself and use a uav-counter uav-orbital vsat combo. Helps get other people those high streaks though. Currently sit at a 2.21 kdr. Would have been higher had I not gotten the assault shield in gold.

NY Dynasty is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
  #672
southpaw24
Registered User
 
southpaw24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Owen Sound, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,413
vCash: 500
I'm pissed, before today I was 2 Bloodthirsty medals away from golding the SVU. Played a game got another BT medal, went to look to make sure it was only 1 more I needed and not it says I only have 4??? WTF!

southpaw24 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
  #673
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
What's your KDR now? I know it used to be above 3.00. Pretty impressive.

My highest kill counts (70+) have all come running Orbital VSAT/Dogs/Swarm as the streaks.
My k/d started going down dramatically a few days after release, probably because of the skill based matchmaking system. It was a 3.54 but has gone down little by little ever since. I'm hovering around a 2.55 now, which is lower than my k/d in the first Black Ops.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
  #674
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
My k/d started going down dramatically a few days after release, probably because of the skill based matchmaking system. It was a 3.54 but has gone down little by little ever since. I'm hovering around a 2.55 now, which is lower than my k/d in the first Black Ops.
That's pretty damn high. What's your SPM, W/L, preferred game mode, etc.?

Richie10 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
  #675
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
That's pretty damn high. What's your SPM, W/L, preferred game mode, etc.?
Not that great a SPM, around 325 I believe. W/L is awful because I back out of games a ton. Mostly Dom, KC, Hardpoint.

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.