Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Why don't you admit that you hate Mayweather because you're a Pacman fan.

Pretty clear that you guys are biased towards Manny. He's ducked just as many fighters and made as many BS demands in his career as Mayweather has. It's also pretty clear that he was juicing at one point and that's why he refused to do blood testing (which btw was the biggest issue preventing the fight with Mayweather). He's not a total dirtbag like Mayweather is but he's far from being a great person in my eyes considering how conservative he is.
I'm a Pacman fan and I don't like Mayweather. See, that was easy.

And shut up about ducking already. I don't believe Floyd ducked anyone. If the money ain't right, the fight ain't happening. Just like I don't believe he ducked Margarito or Cotto when the WW division was super hot at the time. Mayweather chose to "retire" instead, but I have no doubt that those two fights could've been made had Cotto and Margarito been with Golden Boy. "Pretty clear that he was juicing" Yeah, right. What are, a drug expert now? Yeah, Pacquiao is not a saint. But he looks like one compared to Mayweather.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Floyd/Pac is going to happen like the Hopkins/Roy Jones rematch. By the time it happens, it will be irrelevant.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:26 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Yeah I don't see the non biased boxing fan cheering on/happy with that knockout. Why would you be. Manny fought every single opponent ever suggested to him and by all accounts was much more open in his efforts to try and make a fight with Floyd happen. He fought everyone, big, small, young, old.. He was the people's champ truly, and always wanted to give fight fans his best - always. He is humble and good natured, I don't know how a straight faced plain old fight fan can cheer on Pacquiao getting KO'd and be happy to see him lose, unless you're Mexican (and even they came around on him these past few years) or black in the USA, especially if youre a true Floyd fan. Thing is I like Floyd, and there was maybe a 1.5 year window when I thought Manny at the top of his powers would be the Only challenge to Mayweather, the only fighter with a hope or prayer to beat him. But in the past 2 years he's lost a bit of his speed, while Floyd is still quick and kept his technical edge skill wise. He'd lose to Floyd now, but i don't think it would be as lopsided as people think. Styles make fights, and Marquez has always been the one guy - with his counter right to Pacquiao's southpaw left always forcing the action - who had the gift to win. Not to mention his sheer heart and mental fortitude. It's amazing and a credit to Manny he even fought Marquez a fourth time. That's why I think there needs to be a 5th and final fight next May. And like I said, call me crazy but I thought Manny looked good... to me he has at least 1-2 fights left in him.
Non-biased boxing fans are happy for a legendary fighter who just had the greatest moment in his career. You don't have to be Mexican, or American, to be a big fan of Marquez. He has as much heart and fortitude as anybody.

Old
12-17-2012, 03:28 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I'm a Pacman fan and I don't like Mayweather. See, that was easy.

And shut up about ducking already. I don't believe Floyd ducked anyone. If the money ain't right, the fight ain't happening. Just like I don't believe he ducked Margarito or Cotto when the WW division was super hot at the time. Mayweather chose to "retire" instead, but I have no doubt that those two fights could've been made had Cotto and Margarito been with Golden Boy. "Pretty clear that he was juicing" Yeah, right. What are, a drug expert now? Yeah, Pacquiao is not a saint. But he looks like one compared to Mayweather.
I actually agree about the ducking issue. I only said that because I figured you guys were implying Floyd ducked fighters by saying Pac fought everyone ever suggested to him.

As for juicing, I'm not an expert but I'm not naive either. It's really quite obvious that he was at one point. You don't gain that much muscle, that quickly, naturally. That, along with his refusal to do blood testing, makes him look pretty guilty.

Old
12-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Gain that much muscle? Are you ****ing kidding me? Manny was never buff. He's alway had the same body-type. Back when he was fighting at 130, he was already weighing in at 144 on fight nights. In his last fight, he was at 151, the heaviest he's ever been in his career. Wow, a gain of 7 pounds! He must be on steroids! Stop saying "it's really quite obvious." If anything, you are being naive. And yes, he did refuse the blood testing, but eventually agreed to it. Your point?

Old
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Gain that much muscle? Are you ****ing kidding me? Manny was never buff. He's alway had the same body-type. Back when he was fighting at 130, he was already weighing in at 144 on fight nights. In his last fight, he was at 151, the heaviest he's ever been in his career. Wow, a gain of 7 pounds! He must be on steroids! Stop saying "it's really quite obvious." If anything, you are being naive. And yes, he did refuse the blood testing, but eventually agreed to it. Your point?
I've had people, who likely know a lot more about Boxing than you, explain it to me and it makes perfect sense. I'm not wasting my time looking up all the points they made but do some searching around and I'm sure you'll some articles that make the same points. He obviously agreed to the blood testing after the roids were out of his system.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
I've had people, who likely know a lot more about Boxing than you, explain it to me and it makes perfect sense. I'm not wasting my time looking up all the points they made but do some searching around and I'm sure you'll some articles that make the same points. He obviously agreed to the blood testing after the roids were out of his system.
And who are these "people"? Pacquiao-hating morons who just want to discredit everything he's done? And yeah, you ain't wasting time searching around because they're really nothing but accusations with no valid proof. And great ****ing logic. He needed roids against boxers that were inferior to Mayweather, but he won't need them anymore against him. And who are you to say someone knows boxing more than me? Been following boxing since Oscar de la Hoya's early years. It's clear to me that you're the one who knows nothing about Pacquiao by saying stupid **** like "gain that much muscle quickly." Note: He's already agreed to blood testing since 2010. So it's been 2+ years now and the drug accusations only started after the Cotto fight when Mayweather Sr. started spreading the rumor.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 12-19-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
And who are these "people"? Pacquiao-hating morons who just want to discredit everything he's done? And yeah, you ain't wasting time searching around because they're really nothing but accusations with no valid proof. And great ****ing logic. He needed roids against boxers that were inferior to Mayweather, but he won't need them anymore against him. And who are you to say someone knows boxing more than me? Been following boxing since Oscar de la Hoya's early years. It's clear to me that you're the one who knows nothing about Pacquiao by saying stupid **** like "gain that much muscle quickly." Note: He's already agreed to blood testing since 2010. So it's been 2+ years now and the drug accusations only started after the Cotto fight when Mayweather Sr. started spreading the rumor.
You're obviously a Pacman fanboy judging by how worked up you're getting. Please show some proof that he agreed to blood testing in 2010. If he did, it was well after Cinco De Mayo when they were hoping to fight. You're in denial. Good search around and you'll plently of people making pretty good arguments that he was juicing. I'm not saying he did for sure but I think it's likely.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
You're obviously a Pacman fanboy judging by how worked up you're getting. Please show some proof that he agreed to blood testing in 2010. If he did, it was well after Cinco De Mayo when they were hoping to fight. You're in denial. Good search around and you'll plently of people making pretty good arguments that he was juicing. I'm not saying he did for sure but I think it's likely.

Getting worked up? Hmm, let's see. First, you claim that you know more boxing than me (that's basically what you implied even though you said "I've had people"). And then you call me a fan boy because I'm defending Manny (with facts). Looks like it's you who's getting worked up.

Oh yeah, I'm a fan boy when I openly admit that he lost the third fight against Marquez. If I'm a fan boy, then you're a hater. Here's the proof that he agreed to the blood testing in 2010:

http://www.examiner.com/article/mann...od-tests-video

If anyone who's in denial, it's the haters who can't accept that he could do what he did. Believe whatever you want to believe, but just make sure your argument isn't as retarded as "He gained that much muscle that quickly." LOL @ you falling for that. Give me a ****ing break. I've seen these arguments on boxing message boards over and over again and anyone who used that argument just got laughed at.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 12-20-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
TSN showed a replay of the Pacquiao/Marquez fight tonight, still awesome.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
TSN showed a replay of the Pacquiao/Marquez fight tonight, still awesome.
I watched it for the first time last night. Manny was trying to finish Marquez, wanting to make a statement. Marquez has some power man. Great fight. Would watch them go again. Mayweather can go sit in a corner by himself.

Pretty good undercard fight with Gamboa and Farenas too.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Friday Night! Who else is watching?

03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Me and hopefully this Dib fight isn't like the rest. Saw him fight in Vegas about 6 years ago when he was a prospect and he made me think I was at a track meet.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Wow. This sucks. Get out of the ring before you taint it.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

It's like watching hummingbirds fight.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Bernard Hopkins beat...someone....last night to become IBF light heavyweight champ, and the oldest fighter to win a major title at age 48. Sad thing is that I didn't even know he was fightning, seems like no one else here did either

Old
03-11-2013, 09:00 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Bernard Hopkins beat...someone....last night to become IBF light heavyweight champ, and the oldest fighter to win a major title at age 48. Sad thing is that I didn't even know he was fightning, seems like no one else here did either
He was fighting Tavoris Cloud.....pretty big name, actually. Undefeated coming into the fight and had been LHW champ for 3 years or so. He was arguably the #1 LHW in the world before losing the Hopkins. Very impressive win for B-Hop.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:01 AM
LyleOdelein

I know a lot of fight fans were preoccupied with the UFC event last night, but I highly recommend catching a replay of the Bradley-Provodnikov fight from last night.

You won't regret it. It was an absolute war with both guys showing amazing heart. One of the better fights I've seen in awhile.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:38 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I know a lot of fight fans were preoccupied with the UFC event last night, but I highly recommend catching a replay of the Bradley-Provodnikov fight from last night.

You won't regret it. It was an absolute war with both guys showing amazing heart. One of the better fights I've seen in awhile.
Amazing fight.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
What a great fight last Saturday.

You gotta love spring time for boxing. Looking ahead, I'm freakin' giddy looking at some of these fights coming up:

Rios vs. Alvorado 2- Holy ****. This is gonna be epic. I'm thinking about putting some money on Alvorado. He could have won the first fight if he boxed more; if he makes the adjustment and stays disciplined, he should pull it out. I just don't know if the urge to brawl will be too compelling for him...

Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux- Very intriguing fight. Two of the fastest hands in the sport collide. I think this one might underwhelm but it might also be incredible. Rigondeaux is very underrated though and there's a definite chance for an upset here. I wonder what the odds are gonna be.

Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah- Should be a very entertaining fight for the first half until Judah fades and Garcia takes it over. This one is easy money though. Garcia's emerged as the type of guy that Judah couldn't beat in his prime, let alone now. Should be a fun fight either way though.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero- IMO this is the most intriguing Mayweather fight of the last decade, since he fought Castillo. Guerrero is one of the best technical fighters that Mayweather has ever fought, especially while being in their prime. He's smart, southpaw, tough as hell, he might present some real challenges to Floyd. Obviously you have to take Mayweather via decision, but I think this one might be a lot closer than people are expecting.

Saul Alvarez vs. Austin Trout- Alvarez is probably my favorite fighter in the sport right now, but I don't like this match up for him one bit. This one guarantees to be a great fight, like Cotto and Trout it should be a technical war. But I got a bad feeling that Trout will squeak out an upset like he did against Cotto. This is one that I wouldn't put a dime on, but I cannot ****ing wait to watch it.

Anyway, just looking at those fights, it's definitely a really hype couple of months in the sport of boxing. That **** blows GSP and Diaz outta the water. UFC isn't even close to boxing right now.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
DaaaaB's

I enjoyed your post until the last two sentences. Sad that people still have bash one sport to pump up the other. A true fight fan should realize that both sports have great fights and both have some snoozers. As far as saying UFC isn't even close to Boxing right now, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. If you're talking popularity then you're wrong. If you're talking about excitement level, that's just your opinion.

Anyhow, I can't wait for all these fights especially Rios/Alvarado II & Mayweather/Guerrero. A few other ones I'm looking forward to are Mares/Ponce De Leon, Martinez/Magdelano, Matthysse/Peterson, Brook/Alexander and Quillen/Guerrero.

Also, looking forward to Lebedev/Jones at Cruiserweight but jones will likely pull out before that fight actually happens. Leo Santa Cruz is set to fight on the Mayweather/Guerrero undercard and rumour is his opponent will be Anselmo Moreno which would make for a great fight. I've also heard Adonis Stevenson will move up to LHW to fight Chad Dawson. Hopefully, that comes true. Also, sounds like Pac/JMM V will go down this summer. Definitely a great time of the year for Boxing.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Helenius won against Michael Sprott yesterday after ten rounds of really lethargic boxing. Certainly wasn't a convincing effort by the "Nordic Nightmare"...

Old
03-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Helenius won against Michael Sprott yesterday after ten rounds of really lethargic boxing. Certainly wasn't a convincing effort by the "Nordic Nightmare"...
Still very rusty and he again hurt his hand that has been a mess for couple years plus add the shoulder surgery. Helenius' future not looking good imho, those injuries are holding him back. He is about 60% boxer atm when comparing to the boxer we saw against Liakhovich.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Still very rusty and he again hurt his hand that has been a mess for couple years plus add the shoulder surgery. Helenius' future not looking good imho, those injuries are holding him back. He is about 60% boxer atm when comparing to the boxer we saw against Liakhovich.
Agreed, he's not a kid anymore. He should've totally destroyed Sprott, which obviously didn't happen.

I'm a bit worried.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:47 AM
PSUCapsFan

Bradley vs Provotnikov is fight of the year so far in my opinion. Bradley is not a human being. He got clocked hard at least 8 times and managed to pull through. Provotnikov is the new Maidona, just with more speed and power.

Amazing fight.

Bradley proves he is the real deal, Provotnikov loses money because now noone will want to fight him.

Closed Thread