HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lockout Thread UPD 1/6 - framework of new CBA agreed to

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
You didn't miss a beat and already are in mid-season form. Its like no games were cancelled.
I am that talented. You'll see tons of players be out of breath their first game but not me. I don't need practice. I am the franchise player.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I am that talented. You'll see tons of players be out of breath their first game but not me. I don't need practice. I am the franchise player.
thornton is going to be the player in the best shape on the team lol.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Randy Hahn ‏@sharkvoice Check out CSN Bay Area tonight at 6 and 10:30 where I'll join Brodie Brazil to talk Sharks hockey and the new season.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Randy Hahn ‏@sharkvoice Check out CSN Bay Area tonight at 6 and 10:30 where I'll join Brodie Brazil to talk Sharks hockey and the new season.
Soo good to see and hear Randy. Statement of really not being able to afford prolonged losing streaks, predictions of injuries to players out of game shape, brief review of offseason (Robinson, Stuart, Burish).

Ugh, Kevin Kurz with more later on in the program...

Old
01-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Soo good to see and hear Randy. Statement of really not being able to afford prolonged losing streaks, predictions of injuries to players out of game shape, brief review of offseason (Robinson, Stuart, Burish).

Ugh, Kevin Kurz with more later on in the program...
Damn, I feel asleep. Have to try and catch it at 10:30.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

Quote:
Damn, I feel asleep. Have to try and catch it at 10:30.
I wouldn't worry too much. It's Sportsnet Central and they have stuff about the 49ers and whatnot too. The segment w/ Randy was really short. Brodie was talking about the lockout and the deal.

Kevin Kurz of course has to come in live from the Shark Tank for w/e reason. Critical of duration of negotiations, optimistic that Sharks' alternate playing situations will help, talks about Demers likely being ready to go maybe during first week and Burns not really saying anything.

And yeah, Kevin Kurz is gonna stay on with the broadcast crew, apparently.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. It's Sportsnet Central and they have stuff about the 49ers and whatnot too. The segment w/ Randy was really short. Brodie was talking about the lockout and the deal.

Kevin Kurz of course has to come in live from the Shark Tank for w/e reason. Critical of duration of negotiations, optimistic that Sharks' alternate playing situations will help, talks about Demers likely being ready to go maybe during first week and Burns not really saying anything.

And yeah, Kevin Kurz is gonna stay on with the broadcast crew, apparently.
I just wanna see and hear Randy talk Sharks hockey

I've got the DVR set now, so I should be good.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
sonticus
Blown Tire

Quote:
I just wanna see and hear Randy talk Sharks hockey
I know exactly what you mean. It was also great seeing Sharks highlights on TV for longer than 2 seconds.

Last edited by sonticus: 01-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper Confirmed #NHL Board of Gov meeting will be this Wed in NYC to ratify new #CBA deal. Oh.. to be a fly on that wall!

Old
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Iron Chef

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
NHL sends memo to clubs indicating no camps before Saturday (and may not open until Monday), 48-game season to begin Jan. 19

Old
01-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

Old
01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

What is this? ****ing Slapshot?

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle NHL players apologize to fans, vow to play hard http://*******/Ux5rXw

Old
01-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Berto2k

Quote:
What is this? ****ing Slapshot?

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle NHL players apologize to fans, vow to play hard http://*******/Ux5rXw
link censored...need help!

Old
01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
link censored...need help!
I can't even find the quote in the article lol, but it's the USA article on starting dates etc...

Maybe it's Mirtle who's the dufass.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...stics/1812831/

Old
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Hm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couture
“I can only speak for myself, but I would say no to that,” Couture told Brazil. “It’s definitely not water under the bridge. I understand it took both parties to go through this, but there are still some hard feelings towards the other side. I was able to be in some meetings and really realize what they were trying to do. We fought hard to get what we got. Basically we were fighting to give back less than they wanted, to take more and more and more from us. I wouldn’t say it’s water under the bridge, no.”
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...t-says-couture

Old
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 438
Quote:
I really do wonder if the biggest story this season will be stuff happening off the Ice, which is basically the anomosity everyone shares towards everyone. I mean yesterday in the main forum Someone told me that because I was here, I care about hockey and should forgive and just enjoy the games. I'm sorry but I can't do that. When we went into this lockout, I was told that the issues were considerably smaller than what happened in 2004-2005. That was the reason why both sides waited, and waited, and waited. Now, 4 months later and only a 50 game schedule, I'm expected to forgive everyone and watch the games like nothing happened?

I will be very interested to see what lasting impact this lockout had. Will Bettman be gone? Will he even come out to award the Stanley Cup and face the tomatoes flying from the crowd (Oh man if this Stanley Cup is awarded in a place like Pittsburgh or Vancouver, hide the children)?

I'm glad Hockey is back, but there are hard feelings on all three sides, Fans, Owners, and Players. We can't allow what happened in the last 4 months to swept under the rug. Hopefully some good will come out of it, but it will be interesting to see what that will be in the next few seasons.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN Not confirmed/official, but from a reliable source: #sjsharks will open Jan 19th on the road.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 438
Quote:
Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN Not confirmed/official, but from a reliable source: #sjsharks will open Jan 19th on the road.
Ever since yesterday I was thinking the Sharks will open on the road at Staples Center in a Rivalry game watching the Kings raise the banner. Hey, if they want key rivalries, you can't get any bigger on the west coast at least with Northern and Southern California.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle Teams can use the compliance buyouts in summer of either 2013 or 2014. They function like other buyouts: Players receive two-thirds of $$$

Old
01-07-2013, 03:22 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Can we now get rid of the Stupid Shoot-Out!

As well as the stupid tie point system NOW!

Old
01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
do0glas

Like the no more cap circumvention. Very favorable to sharks standard operating procedures in the long term. To me, this change makes us a huge player in the new UFA market. Our team is attractive to most players, but when we can only offer up a 5 year deal versus a 10-12 with a huge signing bonus, most will take their talent elsewhere. Now, our contracts are competitive and we have a winning history, and most players recommend the franchise. see: seto etc.. This also ties in with contract length limit as well. It will be a lot harder for teams to drop a 7 year contract on someone with less salary variance than ever. so we wont see as many long term contracts except for special cases...at least in theory.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
Like the no more cap circumvention. Very favorable to sharks standard operating procedures in the long term. To me, this change makes us a huge player in the new UFA market. Our team is attractive to most players, but when we can only offer up a 5 year deal versus a 10-12 with a huge signing bonus, most will take their talent elsewhere. Now, our contracts are competitive and we have a winning history, and most players recommend the franchise. see: seto etc.. This also ties in with contract length limit as well. It will be a lot harder for teams to drop a 7 year contract on someone with less salary variance than ever. so we wont see as many long term contracts except for special cases...at least in theory.
On the one hand, it makes it easier to get UFA's since the Sharks offers will be similar to other teams.

On the other hand, it takes away a Shark competitive advantage. Other teams giving out bad contracts was good for the Sharks in many ways.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
On the one hand, it makes it easier to get UFA's since the Sharks offers will be similar to other teams.

On the other hand, it takes away a Shark competitive advantage. Other teams giving out bad contracts was good for the Sharks in many ways.
Bad GM's will still overpay players and sign them on bad contracts.

01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
So, has anyone looked at the schedule of HP Pavilion? It's booked solid in February with tennis from the 11th-17th, a Pink concert on the 18th and then figure skating from the 20th through the 24th.

That's going to be a hellacious road trip.

01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Vaasa

I honestly stopped paying attention and had no idea an agreement had been reached. Can anyone point me to a link that gives an overview of what the new deal is?

I won't be seeing any of the game anyway, but I'm still a bit curious.

Closed Thread