Old
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
ummm isn't WM at the Met's stadium??? WTG rocky
MetLife Stadium replaced Giants Stadium.

“Trust your instincts, because you’ve got great instincts” - Undertaker to Dean Ambrose
Old
01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Since we lost this thread once.. I'm going to sticky it.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Since we lost this thread once.. I'm going to sticky it.
Oh look at me, I'm a mod, I can sticky things. YOU MAKE ME SICK!

Old
01-06-2013, 04:35 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
You stickied it?! You've got some nerve...

Moving on, I really hope te streak isn't defended. Isn't he whole point of "end of an era" imply neither HHH or Taker would wrestle again?

Old
01-06-2013, 04:38 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
You stickied it?! You've got some nerve...

Moving on, I really hope te streak isn't defended. Isn't he whole point of "end of an era" imply neither HHH or Taker would wrestle again?
I had it as "The end of what remains of the Attitude Era."

Old
01-06-2013, 05:09 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

If that Lesnar - Rock thing would happen, who would win?

I'm guessing the buildup is, Rock wins at the Rumble, loses it at EC in the chamber due to Lesnar taking him out.

Then at Mania Rock vs Lesnar. Who wins? I can't see Rock losing without there being a rematch. Rock wins, Lesnar moves on to another storyline. Worried that a month 1/2 feud would be too short.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
If that Lesnar - Rock thing would happen, who would win?

I'm guessing the buildup is, Rock wins at the Rumble, loses it at EC in the chamber due to Lesnar taking him out.

Then at Mania Rock vs Lesnar. Who wins? I can't see Rock losing without there being a rematch. Rock wins, Lesnar moves on to another storyline. Worried that a month 1/2 feud would be too short.
Another thing that was involved in that rumor was that Vince McMahon is PISSED at his current roster and wouldn't mind having Rock/Lesnar be a title match.

Lesnar can work a few dates after WrestleMania if he were champion, The Rock would likely be back into heavy promotion for movies and more filming, but he has proven time and time again that he makes time for WWE. If Lesnar vs. Rock did happen and it was for the championship, the result would be real unpredictable because really, it could go either way. I'm starting to believe Lesnar vs. Rock will really happen.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:21 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Would be awesome.

Rumble winner faces WHC
Rock vs Lesnar
Punk vs Cena - maybe a 30min-1h Iron man match
Streak Match *Sheamus, Barrett, Bryan (To prove to Kane he's better)* WHO I DON'T THINK ANY OF THEM WOULD HAVE A CHANCE.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

No one on the roster has a CHANCE at the streak against The Undertaker. No one is a believable threat. The only ones that are believable threats to the streak are Cena, Rock or Lesnar. I like the idea of a handicap match against The Shield though.

WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
No Holds Barred: CM Punk vs. Triple H
World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton
3 on 2 Anything Goes Handicap Match: The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Ryback and The Undertaker

you need something to bridge between WM28 - WM30, where I think we'll finally get the inevitable John Cena vs. The Undertaker match, in what will be The Undertaker's final match. At least with a 3-on-2 Handicap match, the streak has a legit chance of ending and The Undertaker doesn't have to be involved. A straight up one-on-one match against a guy like Punk is way too predictable because no one believes Punk will ever end the streak.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
No one on the roster has a CHANCE at the streak against The Undertaker. No one is a believable threat. The only ones that are believable threats to the streak are Cena, Rock or Lesnar. I like the idea of a handicap match against The Shield though.

WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
No Holds Barred: CM Punk vs. Triple H
World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton
3 on 2 Anything Goes Handicap Match: The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) vs. Ryback and The Undertaker

you need something to bridge between WM28 - WM30, where I think we'll finally get the inevitable John Cena vs. The Undertaker match, in what will be The Undertaker's final match. At least with a 3-on-2 Handicap match, the streak has a legit chance of ending and The Undertaker doesn't have to be involved. A straight up one-on-one match against a guy like Punk is way too predictable because no one believes Punk will ever end the streak.
Where is Cena in any of those matches? The WWE wouldn't dare have their golden boy not be in a high-profile match at 'Mania. I'd replace HHH with Cena and have the No Holds Barred stipulation remain.

Punk/Cena has been one of the best feuds of the past few years and to have [possibly] one final major match between the two at the Granddaddy of Wrestling would be awesome, IMO. Granted, it'd be better if there was gold on the line, but these two have built themselves into legit main eventers who could work one hell of a match without a title being defended.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

I always forget Cena in these damn things.

Maybe he could fit in and make it a six man tag team match with Undertaker involved and it begins a bit of foreshadowing to Cena/Taker at WM30.

Cena close to being beaten or putting in a half-ass effort, leading to Undertaker doing all the work and getting the final pinfall. It ends with Cena and Taker having a staredown and Cena just walking off with his hands on his hips and looks back at Undertaker celebrating going 21-0.

It limits Undertaker's in-ring work for this year and sets the stage to build towards Cena/Taker, as Cena would then be cutting promos throughout the course of the year on Undertaker until Undertaker would accept.

EDIT: Or even just make it The Shield vs. Cena/Taker in a handicap match. I think Ryback should go against Big Show.

Last edited by Dean Ambrose: 01-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Another thing that was involved in that rumor was that Vince McMahon is PISSED at his current roster and wouldn't mind having Rock/Lesnar be a title match.

Lesnar can work a few dates after WrestleMania if he were champion, The Rock would likely be back into heavy promotion for movies and more filming, but he has proven time and time again that he makes time for WWE. If Lesnar vs. Rock did happen and it was for the championship, the result would be real unpredictable because really, it could go either way. I'm starting to believe Lesnar vs. Rock will really happen.
I don't think he'll put Lesnar in the title picture unless they have his contract worked out and he gives them more dates to use him. If not, I don't think they'll put him in a title hunt. He's the perfect opponent for Taker though.

If Vince is upset at the roster, there's no better way to stick it to them than by giving the title to the Hollywood part-timer who he knows will treat the title with respect and with it around his waist, will put that belt in the main event at WrestleMania where it belongs. It will increase the prestige and importance of the title from the irrelevance that it has been in for a while. Punk has done a good job of bringing it out of the gutter even with the damage done by Cena by calling it irrelevant. However, Rock will bring it to another level and if the roster is motivated by having that shoved down their throats, maybe they will treat it better and make it more important when they speak about it in their programs.

Another point about WrestleMania is I don't think they will have Cena lose a second Mania in a row and if 'Once in a Lifetime' lives up to its name, it will have to be with someone else. However, if Lesnar-Taker and Punk-Rock happen, who is left for him to go with that would make for a compelling angle to culminate at WrestleMania. I don't think Ziggler-Cena can last that long. Maybe Kane-Bryan can split and Bryan can feud with Cena for that to give Cena a W at Mania but I doubt it will be very good.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

I'm hoping the card now turns out (top 3 matches):

Rock vs Brock (WWE title)
Punk vs HHH
The Shield vs Cena & Undertaker

Agreed on The Rock bringing prestige back to the championship. Props to Punk, but I've been bored to tears lately of him. The Rock winning the title will be a breath of fresh air PLUS the title will get exposure it hasn't seen with The Rock doing promotions outside of wrestling too.

And regarding Lesnar's contract, I'm pretty sure Meltzer said Lesnar will be paid extra for any additional dates added (from the 30 on his original contract) & there will be negotiations before they're actually added.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
I'm hoping the card now turns out (top 3 matches):

Rock vs Brock (WWE title)
Punk vs HHH
The Shield vs Cena & Undertaker

Agreed on The Rock bringing prestige back to the championship. Props to Punk, but I've been bored to tears lately of him. The Rock winning the title will be a breath of fresh air PLUS the title will get exposure it hasn't seen with The Rock doing promotions outside of wrestling too.

And regarding Lesnar's contract, I'm pretty sure Meltzer said Lesnar will be paid extra for any additional dates added (from the 30 on his original contract) & there will be negotiations before they're actually added.
I thought the term of his deal was through the night after WM, is it not? It would make sense even with negotiations ongoing to have Lesnar go with Taker but not the title. If they figure out the new contract well ahead of time like within the next month or so, they can change their plans and put Lesnar-Rock together and give Lesnar the belt but not before then.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I thought the term of his deal was through the night after WM, is it not? It would make sense even with negotiations ongoing to have Lesnar go with Taker but not the title. If they figure out the new contract well ahead of time like within the next month or so, they can change their plans and put Lesnar-Rock together and give Lesnar the belt but not before then.
Lesnar's current contract goes until WrestleMania 29 with 30 appearances. If WWE wishes to add more appearances on the RTWM, Lesnar is paid more money and is paid per appearance.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Lesnar's current contract goes until WrestleMania 29 with 30 appearances. If WWE wishes to add more appearances on the RTWM, Lesnar is paid more money and is paid per appearance.
Unless they negotiate a new deal. I doubt they want to run him on a per appearance setup. There's not a good guarantee for the company there.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Lesnar will do it, especially if he's in a program with The Rock. They're good friends outside of the ring. If Lesnar was getting a hot head, Rock would definitely cool him down.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Yeah, no way they waste one of Undertaker's last 2 Mania matches for a throw away tag team match over 3 rookies.

It's a simple solution:

Punk/Undertaker WM 29
Cena/Undertaker WM 30 (Taker's last match, closes out Mania etc etc)

As for what Cena does this year? Who knows.

- add him as the third wheel onto the Sheamus/Orton match
- book Cena v Mr. McMahon. You'd have to bring Vince back in only a couple weeks time and turn him heel, but Vince is due for *sigh* another Mania match and best to my knowledge he's never worked Cena on PPV. Highly unlikely, but still an option if they acted fast enough.
- Cena/Triple H/_____ v The Shield. Don't know who the third guy would be. Ric Flair? Shawn Michaels? El Dandy? Maybe the aforementioned Mr. McMahon?

Punk/Taker will suck like their other encounters because Punk does not have any chemistry with bigger guys, but Punk deserves The Taker at Mania after all the hard work he's put in the past few years. If you don't put Punk with Taker, who do you put him with? Triple H?

Last edited by El Dandy*: 01-06-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Having Taker in a handicap match paired with Cena at Mania sounds ****ing terrible.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

The Undertaker and anyone against The Shield sounds awful.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
I would much rather see Punk/Cena/Rock in a triple threat for the WWE title rather than feeding Punk to Taker for 21-0. Can't believe that after holding the title and being obsessed with it for over a year that he presumably drops the title on the Road to Wrestlemania and ends up in a non-title match with Taker where nobody expects him to win.

The only opponent I have any interst in seeing the Undertaker face at Mania is Lesnar. After their staredown at UFC a couple years ago, everyone was DYING to see the match but Brock was still under contract at UFC so it never happened. They've worked well in the past and it would be fun to see now.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Undertaker is now being advertised for a rare autograph session on Friday, April 5th for Wrestlemania weekend.

I admit jealousy to anyone that is getting to meet The Undertaker.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:18 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

SO now that we have the Rock vs Cena in the near future. I expect this to be a more respectful buildup. Cena gets in trouble, Rock comes out to his rescue. Not as much lame jokes as last year.

Punk will whine, want his rematch, Cena will get involved. Somehow this will end up a triple threat match.

So many possibilities from here on then.

Punk uses his rematch clause, Lesnar gets involved, leading to Lesnar vs Rock at Mania.

What would bombshell the world is if Cena uses his Rumble victory on the World title

Closed Thread