Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

Royce White Appreciation Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Like I said, he is classless. His selfishness and attitude problems will never allow him to play in the NBA.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:57 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Which is something millions of others deal with and find ways to function in society. This guy is being a baby and is using his "condition" as a crutch to say what he wants and get his way (team assigns him to d-league, he says no).

I don't feel bad for this guy at all. I bet when the Rockets release him he'll sue them for firing a disabled person.

Is there a reason you put condition in parenthesis?

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Is there a reason you put condition in parenthesis?
Because he is coping with something millions deal with and is acting like he's the only one with it and that he is entitled to not do his job and talk down his boss in the process.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Because he is coping with something millions deal with and is acting like he's the only one with it and that he is entitled to not do his job and talk down his boss in the process.
OK. Next, what does he want and what have the Rockets offered? And these Drs being brought up what have they suggested or said and who do they work for?

Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I'm not going to pretend like I understand this guys situation, and I try to adopt an approach similar to KaylaJ's but it's just becoming such a circus with this guy. He's definitely not doing himself any favours from a NBA career standpoint.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:35 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I'm not going to pretend like I understand this guys situation, and I try to adopt an approach similar to KaylaJ's but it's just becoming such a circus with this guy. He's definitely not doing himself any favours from a NBA career standpoint.
Personally I think this would all be better if it was dealt with in a much more quiet way. White will take to Twitter no matter what, but the media should just let that be and move on. No more stories about where he's been sent or if he's been suspended. Most people following this story from the beginning knew this was not going to be some Rudy epic where White walks out onto the court in his first year and many people have questioned if it would ever happen (even before all of this), so why continue to cover it esp when there are so many questions not answered? I do my best to stay away from it simply because of how hurtful it can be to read such naive comments people have about anxiety, but maybe it's time everyone stepped back and realized people's issues are like snowflakes, all different.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Can't it be tragic and a circus?

01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Personally I think this would all be better if it was dealt with in a much more quiet way. White will take to Twitter no matter what, but the media should just let that be and move on. No more stories about where he's been sent or if he's been suspended. Most people following this story from the beginning knew this was not going to be some Rudy epic where White walks out onto the court in his first year and many people have questioned if it would ever happen (even before all of this), so why continue to cover it esp when there are so many questions not answered? I do my best to stay away from it simply because of how hurtful it can be to read such naive comments people have about anxiety, but maybe it's time everyone stepped back and realized people's issues are like snowflakes, all different.
If he's going to continue to speak about it publicly and call out his GM/team then I think the media should cover it. The fans and anyone else paying attention to this story should know that he refused to show up to practices, refused his D league assignment, and is now suspended.

It's a weird and sad situation but far too many people are just taking White's side and feeling sorry for him. He is dealing with a serious problem here but people should also look back at his history. Got arrested a couple of times, I think he assaulted a security guard, got suspended in college, decided to quit and walk away from basketball, etc. He has a lot of issues and not all of them are related to his anxiety.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
If he's going to continue to speak about it publicly and call out his GM/team then I think the media should cover it. The fans and anyone else paying attention to this story should know that he refused to show up to practices, refused his D league assignment, and is now suspended.

It's a weird and sad situation but far too many people are just taking White's side and feeling sorry for him. He is dealing with a serious problem here but people should also look back at his history. Got arrested a couple of times, I think he assaulted a security guard, got suspended in college, decided to quit and walk away from basketball, etc. He has a lot of issues and not all of them are related to his anxiety.

If they're going to cover it, they should cover it all. What does White want/need, what has Houston offered, and who are these Drs who get brought up? Every time they do a story, it's just the same old blurb as last time with he's been sent down/suspended and some tweets. Great, and?

Also, I think it's pretty obvious if he's not with the Rockets or their Dleague team that he didn't report. What's the point of continuing to bring it up when everyone already knows why? I like how NBATV covered it, said it happened and moved on to other cuts and whatnot, but didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. It's fine to be mentioned, but constantly getting articles about it?

Old
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Royce White was on PTI today. He said they're in the process of finalizing the plan that will help him going forward and he should be reporting to the D-league on February 11th.

Good to hear that everything seems to be falling into place for him and the team. It's probably going to be awhile before we see him in the NBA but at least going to be on the court again.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote