Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2012, 11:44 AM
RaybCamn

vCash: 500
I do not subscribe to Boston Globes online website, I read it in the paper this morning well sell them at the store where I work. That is why link was not posted. As for the working out part right now, any working out is great, even light stuff.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:45 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Links are always nice.
It seems it's behind the paywall anyway. Preciate the update.

Old
07-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
It seems it's behind the paywall anyway. Preciate the update.
Just checked their mobile site and there's nothing at all. I wonder what their criteria is on what goes where?

Old
07-22-2012, 12:54 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
And what exactly constitutes "working out"? Lot's of possibilities to get overly excited about vague statements like this, IMO.
If he's been cleared for contact he's OK to do whatever workouts he wants. So depends on his routine.

Good news but the real decider will be seeing how he plays a real game.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Alan Ryan

Peverly says he is ready to go. Skating and off-ice workouts indicate his knee is OK.

Listen to his comments on this NESN video: http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/rich-pev...as-healed.html

Old
07-24-2012, 06:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Peverly says he is ready to go. Skating and off-ice workouts indicate his knee is OK.

Listen to his comments on this NESN video: http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/rich-pev...as-healed.html
Good to see/hear that, didn`t look like he was fully back up to speed when he returned late in the season and playoffs, his timing didn`t look right to me

Old
07-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post

Great to see, Peverley is very underrated around the league and is capable of playing second line minutes when he needs to.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:28 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Great to see, Peverley is very underrated around the league and is capable of playing second line minutes when he needs to.
Agreed, he`s a good 2nd liner but an excellent 3rd liner which is where ultimately I`d like to see him play full time this year. If he`s on this teams 3rd line all year it means were healthy, and for this team to be successful, it needs it`s health as we all saw what happens when it isn`t (suspect this applies to every team), some can withstand injury to key players for a while, not often a team can make a deep run with key players out.

The Pens won the Cup without Sid, but that was what??? A game or two (albeit game 7), most teams who win have a few things in common, solid goaltending, timely scoring and health

Old
07-24-2012, 12:08 PM
ronwm

Horton cleared for contact?....

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

During the presser, PC said Horton has been cleared for contact, McQuaid completely cleared, Seguin & Khudobin on the road to recovery.^BB

Old
07-24-2012, 02:12 PM
bostone737

what is the difference between cleared for contract and completely cleared? The more I read into that the more nervous I'm getting about Horton, he can skate but can't play or something?

Old
08-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Decepticon77

Marc Savard

Anybody heard anything on Savard i would think if he kept in shape the post concussion symptoms may be gone. and if they are i hope he comes back he could be a great edition since of course he signed a 7 year contract we still have to pay him so....

Old
08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

nobody is saying anything optomistic about savard ever coming back... my own worries is he manages to pass a physical at some point at which time his insurance will probably refuse to pay out and at which time he will become ineligible for the ltir too.

but last i heard there was no risk of him passing the physicial anytime soon.

sadly even if his concusion issues do clear up {and of course we all hope they do for his quality of life} he has still been away from the game for a long time now. He is also north of 30. Guys that are away from the game for too long at this age rarely make successful comebacks unless they are super super motivated

savard never had a reputation even at the best of times to be a super super motivated guy. I would be incredibly shocked at this point if he ever plays another game in the NHL even if he did get healthy enough to do it. So for his sake I hope he doesnt pass his physical until he gets his money... and after that I hope he gets his perfect health back. Thats about the best end to this story that I think we have a realistic chance of hoping for.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:09 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon77 View Post
Anybody heard anything on Savard i would think if he kept in shape the post concussion symptoms may be gone. and if they are i hope he comes back he could be a great edition since of course he signed a 7 year contract we still have to pay him so....
welcome back. Were you on the Fiji islands? a Turkish prison or sauna? coma? part of the men in that Bud Light commercial taken away by aliens to their planet.

Last i heard he kept in great shape and because of that the PCS went away and he was going to come back and solve the power play problems and lead us to a Cup

btw as a former mod I noticed you post every couple of years- 14 months between posts seems to be standard

Old
08-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Decepticon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
welcome back. Were you on the Fiji islands? a Turkish prison or sauna? coma? part of the men in that Bud Light commercial taken away by aliens to their planet.

Last i heard he kept in great shape and because of that the PCS went away and he was going to come back and solve the power play problems and lead us to a Cup

btw as a former mod I noticed you post every couple of years- 14 months between posts seems to be standard
yeah i keep forgeting about this forum for some odd reason because i acctually like which is weird i couldn't sleep tonight so i was like ill try and post something

Old
08-31-2012, 04:44 AM
fender227

no the pcs is still there. It is unlikely he will ever play again. He is going to attempt a career in pro golf though.

Old
08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon77 View Post
Who cares about his damn contract. Insurance is taking care of it. To answer your question, nothing's changed and he's not coming back.

I am Boston Strong

Old
08-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Shaun
beauty

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91
I miss Boston sooooo much too it's the greatest pro sports city in the world

Old
09-01-2012, 06:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
marc savard ‏@MSavvy91
I miss Boston sooooo much too it's the greatest pro sports city in the world

He`s going to make a great PP coach for this team when he`s ready

Old
11-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
He`s going to make a great PP coach for this team when he`s ready
One can only hope

Old
01-06-2013, 09:16 PM
ProdigalFan
StillDontGrowOnTrees

A question: Will Quaider be playing when this all starts or does he still have to wait awhile to be cleared for contact after his surgery in October?

Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
A question: Will Quaider be playing when this all starts or does he still have to wait awhile to be cleared for contact after his surgery in October?
I don't know about being technically cleared for contact, but he's not capable at this time. He's skating and playing a little shinny but that's about all, according to Haggerty.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...1&feedID=10428

Old
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Ugh, they are so thin at defense and forward. I wonder if they bring Mottau back. I know he had signed with San Antonio of the AHL, I think Chia's one weakness has been over paying for bottom pair defensemen and bottom six forwards.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 PM
ProdigalFan
StillDontGrowOnTrees

Thanks for the article, Artemis. That answered my question.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
ronwm

McQuaid to play Saturday?!?!

Quote:
It was originally thought that Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid wouldn’t be ready to play until February after undergoing surgery in early October for a blood clot. But on the opening day of training camp Sunday, both Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli and head coach Claude Julien said that the rugged 6-foot-4 defenseman will be ready to go for the season opener on Saturday against the New York Rangers.

“I would assume so, yes, unless he stinks out there,” Chiarelli told the media with a smile. “He’s been cleared to play now. I don’t what level of contact he can take, but I think he’s been cleared to play.”
Full story here.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Grumpy Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
Ugh, they are so thin at defense and forward. I wonder if they bring Mottau back. I know he had signed with San Antonio of the AHL, I think Chia's one weakness has been over paying for bottom pair defensemen and bottom six forwards.
Don't have to worry about this happening, just saw he signed a 2 way deal with the Leafs.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=48387

Closed Thread