HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Anyways I think we should end the discussion on who to get rid of. Let's just keep this thread based on Capitals pre-season and players that we HOPE have a good season. No arguing over who needs to go or whatever. I hope Perreault has a good camp and transfers finally to NHL level.

If anyone is interested i'm good at Photoshop like software and i'm making a Facebook cover photo called "The Future" with Capitals players and prospects in Caps jerseys.

Also can make it as a wallpaper if needed. Will include players like Ovechkin, Backstrom, Laich, Johansson, Carlson, Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Barber, Galiev, etc.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Don't sell yourself short. I think you should suit up and head over to Kettler when camp starts. Teach this team a thing or two about hard work.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Backstrom: 2013 couldn't of started any better.

Quote:
"I'm standing at the airport in Moscow right now, and am about to board a plane to Washington. 2013 really couldn't have started off any better than this. This is the best thing that could have happened.

"It feels so good to finally go back home. That's what Washington feels like for me now, like it's my home. But above everything else, I'm just really excited about playing in the NHL again."

Backstrom isn't familiar with all the details of the new CBA but he is happy that it will last for 10 years. [Ed. note: the sides could opt out after eight.]

"It's great that we have a new deal so that we don't have to go through all this again after six years."

It's not yet determined when camps open up for the Washington Capitals, but it will happen soon, and the team's first line center hopes that he will be able to take advantage of the fact that he up to game speed thanks to him playing in the KHL during the lockout.

"Things have been going really well for me in Russia, so of course I'm hoping that my good game shape continues."
http://www.japersrink.com/2013/1/6/3...m-lockout-over

The optimism and the thing about the good game shape continuing makes me believe he is either already healed or very close to it.

The most interesting thing about home being Washington. Love hearing that, Ovechkin said the same thing in December.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:16 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

It's fun watching Brad get initiated around here...

Old
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklas Backstrom
2013 really couldn't have started off any better than this.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
It's fun watching Brad get initiated around here...
I know my Caps haha.

But I bet half of the people here would say that getting rid of Jeff Halpern was a smart move also

Old
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Who even worries about 4th liners before the season starts? Those are the easiest players to replace.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I know my Caps haha.

But I bet half of the people here would say that getting rid of Jeff Halpern was a smart move also
You're going to be a popular fella on these Caps boards Brad

Old
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post

Old
01-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Capitlols

Very interested to see a uptempo fore-checking system.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
LetsGoBears

Was going to read the OP but stopped after Beagle. The players named have very if nothing to do with Beagle being on the team. There is actually one, two or maybe even a wildcard third player in Hershey that could make Beagle expendable but none were mentioned.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Was going to read the OP but stopped after Beagle. The players named have very if nothing to do with Beagle being on the team. There is actually one, two or maybe even a wildcard third player in Hershey that could make Beagle expendable but none were mentioned.
We went over some players from the prospects and Hershey that could replace Beagle long term. Garrett Mitchell is a good one. Galiev if he finally moves up to the NHL could replace him as well.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Neither one of Galiev or Mitchell is a center, and Galiev isn't a grinder.

So no, neither one of those could replace Beagle 'long term'.

And why you're getting so hung up on Beagle, I have no idea. He's a perfectly capable 4th line center, and makes under $1M. Players like him are a dime a dozen. There's no reason to be concerned over finding his replacement. There are probably 5-10 guys available as free agents every year that could do the job.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
We went over some players from the prospects and Hershey that could replace Beagle long term. Garrett Mitchell is a good one. Galiev if he finally moves up to the NHL could replace him as well.
Have you even read a scouting report on either of those players?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Neither one of Galiev or Mitchell is a center, and Galiev isn't a grinder.

So no, neither one of those could replace Beagle 'long term'.

And why you're getting so hung up on Beagle, I have no idea. He's a perfectly capable 4th line center, and makes under $1M. Players like him are a dime a dozen. There's no reason to be concerned over finding his replacement. There are probably 5-10 guys available as free agents every year that could do the job.
Like I stated before, Hendricks is the center on that line in my book. He's improving and as I believe Langway mentioned, if he continues to do so Beagle may become more expendable.

Keith Aucoin had better stats and they dealt him although he was aging. He could've put up the same numbers he did every single season and it wasn't enough to warrant the Caps keeping him. Why do you think Beagle isn't on a thin leash here? I'm all for keeping him on Hershey and occasional use, but he's simply not a starter on an NHL team that already has a bountiful of centers. Backstrom, Johansson, Ribeiro, Laich, Hendricks, and now Kuznetsov.

With Tom Wilson coming in, you honestly believe they'll keep Hendricks, Brouwer, Chimera, and Beagle? I'm sorry but I doubt it man.

Just adding Kuznetsov, Forsberg, and Wilson and they would have to get rid of several players. Ward is probably gone, who else would you take out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Have you even read a scouting report on either of those players?
Haha, I know Galiev is expected to underperform but Mitchell could surprise some. He's doing well in Hershey, I believe? Scouts aren't full proof. Laich was drafted in the 6th round. Brassard and Frolik were taken ahead of Claude Giroux in 2006.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:31 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Hendricks is a terrible center. He had a good run at the faceoff dot last season, but is much better suited on the wing.

Tom Wilson won't have any effect on any of the players you mentioned for the length of their contracts. He'll be in Hershey for next season, at least. That'll likely be followed by at least a season on the 4th line.

Kuznetsov and Forsberg are both top-6 wingers. Forsberg takes Ribeiro's roster spot (Mojo moves back to center) and Kuznetsov takes Wolski's. Neither has anything to do with Beagle.

You seem to not understand the various roles that players must fill on a hockey team. It's not all about compiling stats.

I won't even get started on Aucoin....

Old
01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

"Eat my words"

"on a thin leash"

"full proof"

This is starting to get kinda awesome.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Like I stated before, Hendricks is the center on that line in my book. He's improving and as I believe Langway mentioned, if he continues to do so Beagle may become more expendable.

Keith Aucoin had better stats and they dealt him although he was aging. He could've put up the same numbers he did every single season and it wasn't enough to warrant the Caps keeping him. Why do you think Beagle isn't on a thin leash here? I'm all for keeping him on Hershey and occasional use, but he's simply not a starter on an NHL team that already has a bountiful of centers. Backstrom, Johansson, Ribeiro, Laich, Hendricks, and now Kuznetsov.

With Tom Wilson coming in, you honestly believe they'll keep Hendricks, Brouwer, Chimera, and Beagle? I'm sorry but I doubt it man.

Just adding Kuznetsov, Forsberg, and Wilson and they would have to get rid of several players. Ward is probably gone, who else would you take out?

Haha, I know Galiev is expected to underperform but Mitchell could surprise some. He's doing well in Hershey, I believe? Scouts aren't full proof. Laich was drafted in the 6th round. Brassard and Frolik were taken ahead of Claude Giroux in 2006.

Hendricks is 31, he is what he is. Beagle can play wing on a checking line so those two aren't mutually exclusive.

Aucoin is an undersize scorer that's doesn't have the skills to be one in the NHL. He is not an effective checking line player. Johansson and Laich aren't good centers and Ribeiro can't win a faceoff to save his life. Kuznetsov isn't even here this season so that's irrelevant.

Wilson isn't even going to get invited to training camp this season.

Galiev is a scoring winger so his situation is irrelevant to Beagle.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Hendricks is a terrible center. He had a good run at the faceoff dot last season, but is much better suited on the wing.

Tom Wilson won't have any effect on any of the players you mentioned for the length of their contracts. He'll be in Hershey for next season, at least. That'll likely be followed by at least a season on the 4th line.

Kuznetsov and Forsberg are both top-6 wingers. Forsberg takes Ribeiro's roster spot (Mojo moves back to center) and Kuznetsov takes Wolski's. Neither has anything to do with Beagle.

You seem to not understand the various roles that players must fill on a hockey team. It's not all about compiling stats.

Do you believe there is no chance in hell that Ribiero stays with the Caps beyond this season?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:41 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Quote:

Quote:
"Eat my words"

"on a thin leash"

"full proof"

This is starting to get kinda awesome.
Awesome posts.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:42 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post

Hendricks is 31, he is what he is. Beagle can play wing on a checking line so those two aren't mutually exclusive.

Aucoin is an undersize scorer that's doesn't have the skills to be one in the NHL. He is not an effective checking line player. Johansson and Laich aren't good centers and Ribeiro can't win a faceoff to save his life. Kuznetsov isn't even here this season so that's irrelevant.

Wilson isn't even going to get invited to training camp this season.

Galiev is a scoring winger so his situation is irrelevant to Beagle.

I just highlighted in bold everything you said that didn't make sense. We're talking about the future, not this season. Keep Beagle for now, you have to let go of someone when these players show up.

I just want to know who you guys would get rid of. I bolded the ones i'm giving you a choice of. That's the entire point of me saying these things. I simply listed players that were already on the hot seat of losing their jobs when the new players come in. I'll give Chimera and Brouwer the benefit of the doubt for the sake of argument.

You need to find a place for Kuznetsov, Forsberg, and Wilson at least. Possibly Galiev, Mitchell, or Barber if they want to bring them up, which I don't doubt. Don't forget we also attained Zach Hamill.

Good luck.

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Laich
Chimera, Ribeiro, Brouwer
Perreault, Johansson, Ward
Beagle, Hendricks, Wolski

Old
01-06-2013, 10:42 PM
MoJoSauce

Quote:

By the time Kuznetsov, Forsberg and Wilson are on the caps team a lot of these guys contracts will have expired. I don't think there will be a problem with them at that point. Also kuzmetsov wont be here until the 14-15 season, so we have a while. Who knows when Forsberg and Wilson will actually make the roster.

Galiev is not translating well to the big leagues at all. He is still strugling in Hershey, he likely will need a full season in the AHL, maybe 2.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Again, assemble a roster while keeping Beagle and adding more than three players and we'll talk. If you think Ribeiro is a one year deal you lose all credibility. One of the most underrated centers in the league.

Future prospects: Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Barber, Galiev, Hamill, Mitchell to name a few.

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Laich
Chimera, Ribeiro, Brouwer
Perreault, Johansson, Ward
Beagle, Hendricks, Wolski

Old
01-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
If you think Ribeiro is a one year deal you lose all credibility. One of the most underrated centers in the league.
And why is that? It takes two to make a deal..

Old
01-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
By the time Kuznetsov, Forsberg and Wilson are on the caps team a lot of these guys contracts will have expired. I don't think there will be a problem with them at that point. Also kuzmetsov wont be here until the 14-15 season, so we have a while. Who knows when Forsberg and Wilson will actually make the roster.

Galiev is not translating well to the big leagues at all. He is still strugling in Hershey, he likely will need a full season in the AHL, maybe 2.
I doubt this though.

Kuznetsov is already 20, will be 21. Forsberg could make the roster at 19. Backstrom made it at 19. Johansson did it when he was 20 yet was a lower prospect than Forsberg. I definitley see Kuznetsov making the roster in 13-14 and possibly Forsberg if he decides it's time to make a jump. Wilson, maybe.

Regardless, my question stands. Re-new contracts of who? Ward is a given, but got to get rid of either Wolski, Beagle, Chimera, Brouwer, or Perreault for these guys or use them as replacements. Which ones do you choose?

Closed Thread