HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In the System Part III (All Preds minor league and prospect talk)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 10:46 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Milwaukee beat Chicago 4-3. Kevin Henderson had a brilliant end to end goal and a key assist. Chicago couldn't handle the Henderson-MVG-Latta line.

Taylor Beck looked terrible on the PP. If I was the coach, I would replace him on that duty for a game or two. That was the worst game that I have seen Beck play in Milwaukee, even with 2 assists.

Last edited by adsfan: 01-03-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old
01-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Hockeyfever

Ads win

Good to see the Ads comeback to win. Henderson had a great game all around. Scoring, assisting and blocking shots. He was a workhorse out there tonight.

The power play has been bad all year and I think the coach needs to make changes there. Why is Cehlin on the first line power play still? He has two goals in about his last 23 games. Watson gets hardly any power play time but is tied for the team lead with 12 goals. Why not let him play on the first line power play?

Speaking of Watson he comes through again and scores the game winner with just 1:33 left in the game by crashing the net.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:25 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
The Admirals have a tendency to do this for years and it annoys the hell out of me. Up two goals going into the 3rd period, get outshot 14-1 and give up the tying goal in the last couple of minutes.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Everlong
-

Watson so clutch.

Edit: spoke too soon

Old
01-05-2013, 10:35 PM
The Fuhr*

Jeremy Smith is looking real good after a slow start... Press just breed goalies, wow

Old
01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
The Admirals have a tendency to do this for years and it annoys the hell out of me. Up two goals going into the 3rd period, get outshot 14-1 and give up the tying goal in the last couple of minutes.
That is what happens when you stop playing offense and spend the period chipping the puck 5 or 10 feet over your own blue line. When the Admirals did advance the puck over the red line, they sent 4 guys off at the same time on a change, so OKC could pass the puck up to the far blue line away from the bench side.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Ads have a game this afternoon at 3 PM. Josh Shalla has been recalled. Others likely to Milwaukee today as Blum, Ellis, and Mueller all likely are held out among others...

Old
01-06-2013, 05:52 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Big comeback win for the Ads today. Down 2-0 they get it to 2-2 and then go to a shootout. They score 4 straight times in the shootout (Blum, Mueller, Puustinen, Beck) and they needed all of them to keep the game going. After Jurco and Ellis missed their attempts it went to Marc-Louis Aubry who missed and Josh Shalla who scored in the 9th round to win the shootout 5-4.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Big comeback win for the Ads today. Down 2-0 they get it to 2-2 and then go to a shootout. They score 4 straight times in the shootout (Blum, Mueller, Puustinen, Beck) and they needed all of them to keep the game going. After Jurco and Ellis missed their attempts it went to Marc-Louis Aubry who missed and Josh Shalla who scored in the 9th round to win the shootout 5-4.
rather shocked that Mueller, Blum and Ellis were playing today but i guess its just as well that they stayed in shape. also possible that milwaukee didnt have time to get more bodies to town I suppose

Old
01-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
rather shocked that Mueller, Blum and Ellis were playing today but i guess its just as well that they stayed in shape. also possible that milwaukee didnt have time to get more bodies to town I suppose
There was no time to get replacements. Grand Rapids played pretty dirty too. Latta got an elbow to the face that cut the bridge of his nose and Cam Reid was knocked out by a cheap shot elbow/forearm to the face after beating Triston Grant to the front of the net. Looked like Reid was knocked out cold. Spoke with his brother afterwards and word was that he was being held out for precautionary reasons, but was overall OK. Grant should be suspended for that hit.

Kevin Henderson scored the GTG burying the rebound of a great move to the net from Blum. Henderson started the play carrying the puck from his blue line through the neutral zone and chipping it off the boards to himself to enter the zone. Henderson really moves well for his size and IMO should get a look at camp and potentially a recall this season. I believe Henderson is a diamond in the rough...

Old
01-06-2013, 09:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
There was no time to get replacements. Grand Rapids played pretty dirty too. Latta got an elbow to the face that cut the bridge of his nose and Cam Reid was knocked out by a cheap shot elbow/forearm to the face after beating Triston Grant to the front of the net. Looked like Reid was knocked out cold. Spoke with his brother afterwards and word was that he was being held out for precautionary reasons, but was overall OK. Grant should be suspended for that hit.

Kevin Henderson scored the GTG burying the rebound of a great move to the net from Blum. Henderson started the play carrying the puck from his blue line through the neutral zone and chipping it off the boards to himself to enter the zone. Henderson really moves well for his size and IMO should get a look at camp and potentially a recall this season. I believe Henderson is a diamond in the rough...
Henderson is on an AHL deal with the Admirals, at least for now.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Henderson is on an AHL deal with the Admirals, at least for now.
Henderson was signed to a two-way extension last season. He is Predators property...

Old
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
adsfan

Quote:

No, Detroit guys playing dirty? Like somebody boarding Weber with 2 seconds left?

Old
01-06-2013, 11:22 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Henderson was signed to a two-way extension last season. He is Predators property...
confirmed per tsn's player bio on Henderson

Quote:
2012/06/08 Signed as a free agent by the Nashville Predators to a one-year two-way contract.
I didnt realize he was a San jose castoff....

Old
01-07-2013, 08:14 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Gotcha. I had thought we signed him, but googling brought a couple of sights that said his rights were not owned by any NHL team.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

In case you haven't heard. Chet Pickard has been one of the best signings in swedish hockey this year. Some experts are calling him the best goaltender in the league.

Pontus Åberg has developed as well, matured alot in his game and is one of the top players as of now.

The whole team has gotten a huge boost since the coach change.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
ilikeblocks

Will we see Taylor Beck in Nashville during this truncated season? He seems to be doing well in the AHL.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Will we see Taylor Beck in Nashville during this truncated season? He seems to be doing well in the AHL.
He, Latta, and Mueller will be the three callups, but we don't expect him to make the roster out of camp. IMO he won't get called up this year, but it all depends on injuries.

That said, he'll be up here next year at some point, nearly assuredly.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Poile says 3 players will be called up from Milwaukee: Bourque, Ellis, Blum.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Poile says 3 players will be called up from Milwaukee: Bourque, Ellis, Blum.
Not sure who all was down there...any surprises that were left? Glad to Blum coming out, let's at least see what he can do. I assume that leaves Bartley as the next callup at D.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Not sure who all was down there...any surprises that were left? Glad to Blum coming out, let's at least see what he can do. I assume that leaves Bartley as the next callup at D.
Bourque is the only IR guy. Blum and Ellis is down on the farm. Bourque is hurt but Mueller?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Soundgarden

Do you guys think that Austin Watson could be called up at some point this half season?

Old
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Do you guys think that Austin Watson could be called up at some point this half season?
"The road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee."

I think Watson is talented enough to, and I could be wrong, but I expect Mueller, Latta, and Beck to be the callups, since Watson is an AHL rookie. That said, I wouldnt be shocked to see him called up this year, and could definetly see him making the roster out of camp next season.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Hockeyfever

Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
"The road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee."

I think Watson is talented enough to, and I could be wrong, but I expect Mueller, Latta, and Beck to be the callups, since Watson is an AHL rookie. That said, I wouldnt be shocked to see him called up this year, and could definetly see him making the roster out of camp next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I also think that Watson is talented enough. I am leaning towards Watson being called up for the upcoming camp but not sure if he sticks. Like Top 6 I wouldn't be shocked to see him called up and also think that he has a good chance to make the roster next year out of camp. He has been doing well in Milwaukee during his rookie AHL year.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Bourque is the only IR guy. Blum and Ellis is down on the farm. Bourque is hurt but Mueller?
With those 2 in Nashville, Milwaukee is left with 5 healthy D-men. That includes Anthony Bitteto, a call-up from Cincinnati. COR has stayed in Milwaukee.

Foss is out for the season, Moore hasn't played in about 2 months, Ekholm has a foot in a boot.

Closed Thread