HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: The Neverending Story

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 09:09 PM
  #726
Roboholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Surprising that Shannon is the only one emphatically saying Luongo to Toronto. You'd think if he knows something other insiders would have also heard this and reported it? But his source must be pretty good if he's sticking by this claim, weird.

Roboholic is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
  #727
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I have to admit it's going to be pretty funny reading all the disappointed Canuck fans on here after a trade is worked out. You guys aren't going to get back what you think he's worth.
thanks for the admittance, i imagine that would've been hard to keep to yourself.

NYVanfan is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:17 PM
  #728
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
He may not be a defensive specialist but he's a pretty damn good defensive center. Backchecks his ass off and made some pretty nice goal saving plays getting back in the play last season, he's a very intelligent player. He may not score a ton but with the skill that you guys have he may do better than you think.
Bozak is not a good defensive center. His advanced stats and possession numbers are really bad. If the Canucks weren't happy with Hodgson's performance defensively, Bozak would be worse especially since he doesn't have 20 goal scoring talent either to make up for it.

__________________
May 17, 2014: The day nightlife changes in Vancouver...PM me for details.
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
  #729
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Let's take Kadri out of the deal and put in Colborne/Ashton.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
  #730
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Let's take Kadri out of the deal and put in Colborne/Ashton.
What makes you think Gillis is going to just give you Luongo for spare parts? If he held on to Luongo all summer holding out for a good deal, he's not going to change that position now.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
  #731
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
What makes you think Gillis is going to just give you Luongo for spare parts? If he held on to Luongo all summer holding out for a good deal, he's not going to change that position now.
He held on all summer? I guess he was the on GM allowed to make deals during the lockout.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM
  #732
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,803
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
He held on all summer? I guess he was the on GM allowed to make deals during the lockout.
The lockout didn't start in the summer.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
  #733
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
He held on all summer? I guess he was the on GM allowed to make deals during the lockout.
Didn't realize the lockout started in the summer. I guess Gillis is the only GM not allowed to make deals before the lockout?

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
  #734
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Finally listened to the luongo interview. In my very biased opinion, luongo will be traded before the season starts. It is clear his preference is Florida. It also seems like he is hesitant to agree to play in Toronto. Now the 3 way game of chicken between Florida, luongo, and gillis begins.

Beezeral is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
  #735
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Finally listened to the luongo interview. In my very biased opinion, luongo will be traded before the season starts. It is clear his preference is Florida. It also seems like he is hesitant to agree to play in Toronto. Now the 3 way game of chicken between Florida, luongo, and gillis begins.


Three way game is between VAN, TOR and FLA. It's been that way for a while. TOR has got to have something on this if people are saying the deal is all but done to TOR.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
  #736
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Didn't realize the lockout started in the summer. I guess Gillis is the only GM not allowed to make deals before the lockout?
My apologies gents, i read that wrong.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
  #737
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
C'mon Erick, are you equating Clemmenson to Luongo now? Luongo would not have impacted your goaltending in the playoffs? I know it's a hypothetical, but it does call for some reason on your part.



The panthers played well defensively under Dineen. From what I saw anyways. Their 227 GA was the least in the division as well.



But listen, I don't want to "sell" Luongo to you. I know you want him at a bargain bin price (or not at all), but assuming something __fair__ goes down between these clubs, it's not outside the realm of reason that Luongo ends up back in FLA for more than you thought it would cost.
Well, the team won 3 games in the playoffs and the goaltending was fine. Did you watch the series? Goaltending was not really the primary reason the team lost in the 1st round. + didn't Luongo's superior team also exit in the 1st round? He can't save an elite team, but apparently he's the savior for our average team now?

The reason for the 227 GA had more to do with good goaltending than a good system. Any Panthers fan would tell you this. Dineen's system isn't even defensive-oriented. Theodore and Clemmensen were left out to dry/had to make big saves several times last year.

As a matter of fact, the primary reason the Panthers made the playoffs last year was the consistency of the goaltending.


I would love to have Luongo; it's an upgrade. It's also not worthy of our top prospects at this time. If the team happens to miss the playoffs this year, it's likely that they would've missed it with Luongo, anyway.

By the way, Markstrom will be ready next year. He's probably ready now, but the Panthers are being really cautious with their top prospects since Dale Tallon and Mike Santos started running things down here.

Erick is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
  #738
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Three way game is between VAN, TOR and FLA. It's been that way for a while. TOR has got to have something on this if people are saying the deal is all but done to TOR.
See I think Toronto is only a threat if something can't get worked out with the panthers. Of course they are interested, and in a vacuum would be the favorite to get luongo, but I really think luongo does not want to be in Toronto. If it becomes certain that a deal can't be worked out with Florida, I see luongo being convinced to change his mind.

Hence my belief that luongo is the third party in this game of chicken. Not the leafs.

Beezeral is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
  #739
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Brad Zeimer mentioned today that Van wish list is a 3rd line center, depth d and back up...

My thoughts: With the fact it is a shortened season...


Trade

Luongo to TOR

for Bozak and MacArthur


Sign...

Arnott for $1M
Vandermeer for $750 or add Franson in Lu deal and sign for $600K
Ellis for $700k

all pro-rated amounts


Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.000m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Jim Vandermeer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Dan Ellis ($0.700m)

echlfreak is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
  #740
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well, the team won 3 games in the playoffs and the goaltending was fine. Did you watch the series? Goaltending was not really the primary reason the team lost in the 1st round. + didn't Luongo's superior team also exit in the 1st round? He can't save an elite team, but apparently he's the savior for our average team now?

The reason for the 227 GA had more to do with good goaltending than a good system. Any Panthers fan would tell you this. Dineen's system isn't even defensive-oriented. Theodore and Clemmensen were left out to dry/had to make big saves several times last year.

As a matter of fact, the primary reason the Panthers made the playoffs last year was the consistency of the goaltending.


I would love to have Luongo; it's an upgrade. It's also not worthy of our top prospects at this time. If the team happens to miss the playoffs this year, it's likely that they would've missed it with Luongo, anyway.

By the way, Markstrom will be ready next year. He's probably ready now, but the Panthers are being really cautious with their top prospects since Dale Tallon and Mike Santos started running things down here.



I don't really want to dispute all that you have written because then I feel like I have to "sell" Luongo to you. Really, it comes down to if you value him enough to want to trade for him. You don't, and that's fine. What's happening here is speculation that Tallon might. That's all.



It's a call Tallon will have to make. Just like it's a call Burke will have to make and so on. As an aside, Shannon sticking to his guns really makes me think now that something's up with TOR and that we all might be doing the wrong thing by speculating about FLA at all. We should find out pretty soon. Somewhere on Tuesday or Wednesday I should think...

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
  #741
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
See I think Toronto is only a threat if something can't get worked out with the panthers. Of course they are interested, and in a vacuum would be the favorite to get luongo, but I really think luongo does not want to be in Toronto. If it becomes certain that a deal can't be worked out with Florida, I see luongo being convinced to change his mind.

Hence my belief that luongo is the third party in this game of chicken. Not the leafs.


Panthers are the first choice, obviously. But if a deal can't be worked out, he goes to TOR. And by the sounds of it, that's exactly what has transpired behind the scenes. That FLA said thanks but no thanks, and that TOR made a pitch to get it done.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
  #742
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I don't really want to dispute all that you have written because then I feel like I have to "sell" Luongo to you. Really, it comes down to if you value him enough to want to trade for him. You don't, and that's fine. What's happening here is speculation that Tallon might. That's all.



It's a call Tallon will have to make. Just like it's a call Burke will have to make and so on. As an aside, Shannon sticking to his guns really makes me think now that something's up with TOR and that we all might be doing the wrong thing by speculating about FLA at all. We should find out pretty soon. Somewhere on Tuesday or Wednesday I should think...
For what it's worth, I would be willing to give up some of the prospects listed before. Just not our top prospects, especially not our best offensive prospects who just so happen to play C.

What you said is true, though; it's all speculation at this point. Hopefully it does get finalized soon.

Erick is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
  #743
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Panthers are the first choice, obviously. But if a deal can't be worked out, he goes to TOR. And by the sounds of it, that's exactly what has transpired behind the scenes. That FLA said thanks but no thanks, and that TOR made a pitch to get it done.
If that's what happens, that's what happens.

Beezeral is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
  #744
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 6,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Brad Zeimer mentioned today that Van wish list is a 3rd line center, depth d and back up...

My thoughts: With the fact it is a shortened season...


Trade

Luongo to TOR

for Bozak and MacArthur


Sign...

Arnott for $1M
Vandermeer for $750 or add Franson in Lu deal and sign for $600K
Ellis for $700k

all pro-rated amounts


Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.000m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Jim Vandermeer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Dan Ellis ($0.700m)
Shore, Petrovic and Theodore.

ginner classic is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:55 PM
  #745
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Brad Zeimer mentioned today that Van wish list is a 3rd line center, depth d and back up...

My thoughts: With the fact it is a shortened season...


Trade

Luongo to TOR

for Bozak and MacArthur


Sign...

Arnott for $1M
Vandermeer for $750 or add Franson in Lu deal and sign for $600K
Ellis for $700k

all pro-rated amounts


Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.000m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Jim Vandermeer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Dan Ellis ($0.700m)
Luongo to Toronto for 2 pending UFA third liners? I certainly hope Gillis doesn't blow it and do something like that. That would be an absolutely horrible return for Luongo.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 PM
  #746
Numbers
Registered User
 
Numbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Brad Zeimer mentioned today that Van wish list is a 3rd line center, depth d and back up...

My thoughts: With the fact it is a shortened season...


Trade

Luongo to TOR

for Bozak and MacArthur


Sign...

Arnott for $1M
Vandermeer for $750 or add Franson in Lu deal and sign for $600K
Ellis for $700k

all pro-rated amounts


Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.000m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Jim Vandermeer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Dan Ellis ($0.700m)
Vancouver may as well just not trade with Toronto and make those signings anyways. Do you truly believe Gillis will trade Luongo for 2 mid/low end future UFA's?

Numbers is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
  #747
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
For what it's worth, I would be willing to give up some of the prospects listed before. Just not our top prospects, especially not our best offensive prospects who just so happen to play C.

What you said is true, though; it's all speculation at this point. Hopefully it does get finalized soon.

Agreed. Just curious though, who are those prospects listed before that you would be willing to give up? I take your explanation to mean that Bjugstand and Shore are not among them?

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
  #748
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Agreed. Just curious though, who are those prospects listed before that you would be willing to give up? I take your explanation to mean that Bjugstand and Shore are not among them?
While your question wasn't directed at me, I feel like the panthers organization really begins to handcuff itself if the do not touch list extends all the way down to shore.

Beezeral is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:03 PM
  #749
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Agreed. Just curious though, who are those prospects listed before that you would be willing to give up? I take your explanation to mean that Bjugstand and Shore are not among them?
Coming around on Shore, but would still want more along with him to make it worthwhile (definitely a 1st round pick as well). But no Shore, No Bjugstad, No Gudbranson, No Huberdeau, No Luongo to Florida trade.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
  #750
Jaqen
Registered User
 
Jaqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,570
vCash: 500
If Luongo is going to go to Toronto Burke will have fleeced Gillis. Nothing substantial will be given up by the Leafs.

Jaqen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.