HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: The Neverending Story

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
x94Galchenyuk94x*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
What makes you think Gillis is going to just give you Luongo for spare parts? If he held on to Luongo all summer holding out for a good deal, he's not going to change that position now.
Solid prospects on the cusp of making the jump to the NHL = spare parts.. k.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
topchowda

Quote:
What makes you think Gillis is going to just give you Luongo for spare parts? If he held on to Luongo all summer holding out for a good deal, he's not going to change that position now.
As a neutral fan in this deal, not liking either team. Kadri has to be (will be) involved in this deal for an elite goaltender. Colbourne hasnt shown much this year ( reading leafs boards they were dissappointed in his performances thus far). But a deal centered around Kadri is completely fair. Even if the additions were minor

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Brad Zeimer mentioned today that Van wish list is a 3rd line center, depth d and back up...
Manny - UFA
Lapierre - 3rd
Pahlsson - 4th (x2)

Alberts - 3rd
Rome - UFA
Joslin - UFA

Same wishlist every year, same method of getting those pieces every year.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
As a neutral fan in this deal, not liking either team. Kadri has to be (will be) involved in this deal for an elite goaltender. Colbourne hasnt shown much this year. But a deal centered around Kadri is completely fair. Even if the additions were minor
Disagree. Kadri hasn't shown much at the NHL level, whereas Luongo is an established top 5 goalie. From a Canucks perspective as well, Kadri is the type of player who would clash with Vigneault. I don't see him being successful here so it would be a waste of a trade.

01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Finally listened to the luongo interview. In my very biased opinion, luongo will be traded before the season starts. It is clear his preference is Florida. It also seems like he is hesitant to agree to play in Toronto. Now the 3 way game of chicken between Florida, luongo, and gillis begins.
If this were true Id say the canucks and the panthers could wait eachother out, Van holding on to an elite goalie isnt a bad position. Florida has a decent goalie and a very good prospect in markstrom

Last edited by topchowda: 01-06-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eclipse View Post
If Luongo is going to go to Toronto Burke will have fleeced Gillis. Nothing substantial will be given up by the Leafs.

lol, did you think VAN would actually "win" this deal? They are losing the best player, and to some of us that's an auto-loss.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
colchar

Quote:
Disagree. Kadri hasn't shown much at the NHL level, whereas Luongo is an established top 5 goalie.

If Luongo is as great as Canucks fans like to claim, why have they basically run the guy out of town?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
While your question wasn't directed at me, I feel like the panthers organization really begins to handcuff itself if the do not touch list extends all the way down to shore.

That goes without saying, but I think Erick did put him on _his_ list.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
If this were true Id say the canucks and the panthers could wait eachother out, Van holding on to an elite goalie is a bad position. Florida has a decent goalie and a very good prospect in markstrom
This is the first time I've ever seen someone say that holding on to an elite goalie is a bad move. I just don't understand the logic behind that.

Old
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Disagree. Kadri hasn't shown much at the NHL level, whereas Luongo is an established top 5 goalie. From a Canucks perspective as well, Kadri is the type of player who would clash with Vigneault. I don't see him being successful here so it would be a waste of a trade.
Everything you said could also be applied to Huberdeau. Doesn't mean he can't be a part of the return. Both players would be helpful to get(to varying degrees, obviously)

Old
01-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Bjugstad
Grimaldi
Howden
Huberdeau
Knight
Kosov
Markstrom
Matheson
Petrovic
Rau
Robak
Shore
Trochek

...and I'm leaving out a lot more prospects and the entire NHL roster.

Among the usual suspects in the Luongo sweepstakes, Florida has more to realistically offer, both in quality and quantity.

Tallon will get him, just a matter of figuring out which combination of assets will get it done.
Out of this list, I would guess Huberdeau, Bjugstad, and Markstrom are absolutely untouchable. Matheson is probably here to stay as well; he was just drafted. Howden is another one of Tallon's 1st round draft picks and he's very loyal to his players. I just don't see these type of guys going in a deal for Luongo.

Maybe there's a chance with Shore, but I would personally rather not.

A combination of the rest of the prospects, a roster player, Theodore, and a 3rd round pick is what I'd give up for Luongo.
Or one of the rest of the prospects, a roster player, Theodore, and a 2nd round pick.

That's what I'd personally give up.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
If Luongo is as great as Canucks fans like to claim, why have they basically run the guy out of town?

Run him out of town or _he_wants_ to leave? Or a combination?

For a guy being run out of town, he seems pretty pro-canuck still

Old
01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
Because message board Canuck fans can be very fickle and always need a scape goat. Nevermind that he was our MVP in the 2011 playoffs, and co-MVP of the 2012 season. Canuck fans want results or they'll pin it on the most convenient player they can find no matter how illogical it may be.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Out of this list, I would guess Huberdeau, Bjugstad, and Markstrom are absolutely untouchable. Matheson is probably here to stay as well; he was just drafted. Howden is another one of Tallon's 1st round draft picks and he's very loyal to his players. I just don't see these type of guys going in a deal for Luongo.

Maybe there's a chance with Shore, but I would personally rather not.

A combination of the rest of the prospects, a roster player, Theodore, and a 3rd round pick is what I'd give up for Luongo.
Or one of the rest of the prospects, a roster player, Theodore, and a 2nd round pick.

That's what I'd personally give up.

Ahh I see.

So would you do: Theodore + 2nd + Shore + Goc?

Or Shore + Petrovic + Theodore + 3rd?

Of the names you mentioned available, Shore and Petrovic would seem like the best logical fits for VAN.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Ahh I see.

Of the names you mentioned available, Shore and Petrovic would seem like the best logical fits for VAN.
I think he was saying Shore/Petrovic/any other prospect on the list apart from aforementioned + Theodore + 3rd
Or a prospect who wasn't on the list + Theodore + 2nd

Both of which are easy nos from our perspective.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
lol, did you think VAN would actually "win" this deal? They are losing the best player, and to some of us that's an auto-loss.
Agreed, unless you get a first out of Toronto. Then it will become the worst trade in Leaf history even though the Leafs got a great player.

Sound familiar? You know how it goes.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Ahh I see.

I would look hard at Shore + Petrovic + Theodore + 1st round pick...

Old
01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
topchowda

Quote:
This is the first time I've ever seen someone say that holding on to an elite goalie is a bad move. I just don't understand the logic behind that.
whoops i meant isnt a bad position*

Old
01-06-2013, 10:24 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Shore, Petrovic and Theodore.
I like Petrovic and Shore, but all indications are that Mike Gillis wants a player who can help us win NOW. I love the physicality that Petrovic brings, he would be a hit with Alain Vigneault. Right now, Shore is a bit of a tweener - 2C/3C in the NHL, but his offensive skills are improving.

However if the Leafs had a deal that included Nazem Kadri, Florida would have to up the ante quite a bit as Kadri has the potential to be an impact player.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:27 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
whoops i meant isnt a bad position*

That makes sense now.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Brad Zeimer mentioned today that Van wish list is a 3rd line center, depth d and back up...

My thoughts: With the fact it is a shortened season...

Trade

Luongo to TOR

for Bozak and MacArthur

Sign...

Arnott for $1M
Vandermeer for $750 or add Franson in Lu deal and sign for $600K
Ellis for $700k

all pro-rated amounts

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.000m) / Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)
Jim Vandermeer ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Dan Ellis ($0.700m)
2 Pending UFA's and nothing for the cupboard. Not enough and there are a few players I would consider over Arnott.

Quote:
Coming around on Shore, but would still want more along with him to make it worthwhile (definitely a 1st round pick as well). But no Shore, No Bjugstad, No Gudbranson, No Huberdeau, No Luongo to Florida trade.
Well those 3 definity aren't happening but we could still get something to apease us, I agree that Shore should be in if possible, although I also really want Petrovic in the deal.

Quote:
Luongo to Toronto for 2 pending UFA third liners? I certainly hope Gillis doesn't blow it and do something like that. That would be an absolutely horrible return for Luongo.
Actually I think they could work out if we get more, or atleast one of them. McArthur could perhaps be a 2nd liner on our team and is a solid 2 way player (Basiclly another Higgins perhaps with more offensive skill)

McArthur, Kadri, Finn.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - McArthur

Then we sign Edler, and if we have enough money at the end of the season we can try to get him signed too or else let him go and it is NBD since we get other things in the trade.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Erick

Quote:
Ahh I see.

Something like that, yes.

If Tallon is interested in a deal, I think the latter proposal is rather realistic for both sides.

Perhaps you want someone more NHL ready, I don't know. Goc is probably our most underrated forward and I wouldn't really like moving him either, but I'm not going to say he's untouchable either, to be fair. It's worth noting that if you prefer Goc for the NOW, he's injured -- a big reason why I'm not expecting the team to do all that great this year. Injuries to players like Goc/Bergenheim who play in all situations kinda sucks. That was our best line in the playoffs.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:35 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
2 Pending UFA's and nothing for the cupboard. Not enough and there are a few players I would consider over Arnott.

Well those 3 definity aren't happening but we could still get something to apease us, I agree that Shore should be in if possible, although I also really want Petrovic in the deal.

Actually I think they could work out if we get more, or atleast one of them. McArthur could perhaps be a 2nd liner on our team and is a solid 2 way player (Basiclly another Higgins perhaps with more offensive skill)

McArthur, Kadri, Finn.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - McArthur

Then we sign Edler, and if we have enough money at the end of the season we can try to get him signed too or else let him go and it is NBD since we get other things in the trade.
Wouldn't want MacArthur as he's not an upgrade on what we have. I would, however, do that deal if it were Lupul instead of MacArthur.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
for once we agree that statment baffles me

Old
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
I would look hard at Shore + Petrovic + Theodore + 1st round pick...
That is probably the absolute max possible return for luongo.

My prediction of the panthers final offer would be:

Matthias/shore +ellerby+ non-first round pick for luongo.

Canucks get a 3rd/4th line C who has established a place in the NHL or a solid Prospect, and a young defenseman that can play immediately on the 3rd pairing and a pick.

Seems like that solves everyone's problems.

Closed Thread