HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

vCash: 500
I can't believe Beagle's point production is actually a debate right now... LOL

Old
01-06-2013, 10:55 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
the johansson on the first line is the dumbest thing...thing....mcphee has already mentioned that he likes the chemistry between the two swedes when they play together and sees johansson playing wing while ribiero is here. this is easy research if you read mcphee's comments about the ribiero trade.
Then McPhee is wrong on this issue. There is no point on keeping the future #2 center that won't even play with Backstrom the majority of his career on wing. Johansson will be paired with Forsberg and Kuznetsov with Ovi and Backstrom in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Johansson in games where he was top-3 in FO attempts:
45 GP
10 G 12 A 22 P
P/G: 0.49

Johansson in games where he was #4 in FO attempts:
14 GP
1 G 6 A 7 P
P/G: 0.50

Johansson in games where he was less than 4th in FO attempts (i.e., he was a winger):
17 GP
3 G 12 A 15 P
P/G: 0.88

But OMG, don't be stupid Mojo's not a winger, lulz.
Am I the only one who sees this?

Mathe is hahrd

Old
01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Which way? You didn't provide an arrow.
Top right hand corner

The fact you even left Ward on the team and then criticize me is laughable. You can go now.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

22/45 = 0.49
7/14 = 0.50
15/17 = 0.88

Math is indeed hard.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
22/49 = 0.49
7/14 = 0.50
15/17 = 0.88

Math is indeed hard.
I don't think you got my point.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:00 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Apparently not, other than every Caps prospect is going to make it to the NHL, and therefore we should get rid of perfectly productive players to make way.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:01 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
You guys must be in a bad mood figuring the Skins game or something. I'm actually a pretty cool guy with some knowledge of the sport so you could lay off with the insults and mockery.

Won't be responding to ANY posts with huge bold lettering or someone constantly mocking.

Already pointed out that I know Galiev is not a Center, but Hendricks can fill our center role if he keeps improving. Just as Langway said, that would make Beagle (get this) almost USELESS.

Already settled for keeping Chimera and Brouwer, but eventually they'll move down the lines when the new guys come in.

I have no idea why someone named this the 2013 Capitals Camp thread, I was referring to the future of the Capitals from next season to the next several years

If you want to be a dbag instead of actually discussing topics, then the door is that way.
Not a Skins fan so not sure what that is all about?

We've already said that Hendricks faceoffs skills are not that of Beagles, and the Caps aren't benching/ditching Beagle to move Hendricks to center to make room for Galiev on the 4th wing. Also mind pointing me to where Langway said that?

How about you actually respond to some of the numbers and facts that have been presented to you and stop acting like a victim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I can't believe Beagle's point production is actually a debate right now... LOL
A debate requires to or more sides. Right now it is one person running around beating on things and other watching and wondering what the hell is going on.

Last edited by LetsGoBears: 01-06-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradd View Post
hendricks can fill our center role if he keeps improving.
2010-11 77GP 9G 16A 25P
2011-12 78GP 4G 5A 9P

Math is hard.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Already pointed out that I know Galiev is not a Center, but Hendricks can fill our center role if he keeps improving. Just as Langway said, that would make Beagle (get this) almost USELESS.
Too bad he signed a three-year extension. 4Cs signed to three-year deals never get traded. If it happens, it happens but to this point GMGM likes him just fine. Of course, he's often not rewarded for such strong loyalty to fringe players. Pinning Beagle's potential redundancy on one particular player, though, says a lot about the organization's center depth.
Quote:
I have no idea why someone named this the 2013 Capitals Camp thread, I was referring to the future of the Capitals from next season to the next several years
That someone would be me since your original post says: "In my opinion these players have got to play well THIS SEASON or be on extreme pressure from the fans and McPhee to leave town."

Since there's little in the way of forthcoming camp competition, this was an adequate prelude to the season of sorts. Or was. I think we need a do-over.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Apparently not, other than every Caps prospect is going to make it to the NHL, and therefore we should get rid of perfectly productive players to make way.
Never said that at all. I started out stating what players were on the hot seat. Let you guys have Chimera and Brouwer although if you read the post it was actually a low chance both would leave.

I said guys that produce 5 points on an NHL roster in that time span should go. Not sure why this is so complicated. I like Beagle as a player and as a person, but I think we could improve in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Not a Skins fan so not sure what that is all about?

We've already said that Hendricks faceoffs skills are not that of Beagles, and the Caps aren't benching/ditching Beagle to move Hendricks to center to make room for Galiev on the 4th wing.

How about you actually respond to some of the numbers and facts that have been presented to you and stop acting like a victim?
Redskins lost, so that's what I was referring to.

Hendricks is improving in my mind and is becoming a better player each year with the Caps. Quality guy and quality player.

All i'm saying is that if you have Hendricks keep improving and he can take faceoffs there is no need for Beagle. At this point, even a free agent could be better who could actually help produce that forth line better.

That was literally all I was saying. Not sure why everyone has to freak out about it though.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Too bad he signed a three-year extension. 4Cs signed to three-year deals never get traded. If it happens, it happens but to this point GMGM likes him just fine. Of course, he's often not rewarded for such strong loyalty to fringe players. Pinning Beagle's potential redundancy on one particular player, though, says a lot about the organization's center depth.

That someone would be me since your original post says: "In my opinion these players have got to play well THIS SEASON or be on extreme pressure from the fans and McPhee to leave town."

Since there's little in the way of forthcoming camp competition, this was an adequate prelude to the season of sorts. Or was. I think we need a do-over.
Yup. And I do think the thread title is a little misleading since I wasn't talking about camp, was talking about the general season and what is going to happen in the future.

If you can't tell I believe in Perreault a lot. I'll give you that Beagle can be a replacement but eventually they'll part ways with him. Alot of value in Hendricks, try not to throw it away. Little value in Beagle since he's not going to be one of those guys who is locked up and a huge fan favorite.

No biggies though.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Hendricks: 9P in 78 GP = 0.115 P/G

Beagle: 5P in 41PG = 0.122 P/G

Math is hard.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:18 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Hendricks: 9P in 78 GP = 0.115 P/G

Beagle: 5P in 41PG = 0.122 P/G

Math is hard.
Going by one season when the others he failed to get below 15?

Never scored more than 5 points in a season in the NHL. An undrafted player who played with Hershey 07, so 6 years.

Don't know why we're fighting though, we're all Caps fans.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

Ahh my first visit to the boards since the season was supposed to begin, glad to see some old good time posters and nothings changed! Can't wait to see some games this lock out has been insane..

Question, I was hearing orlov was a little banged up recently.. Do you guys think be will be with the caps when healthy or in hershey?

Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Never said that at all. I started out stating what players were on the hot seat. Let you guys have Chimera and Brouwer although if you read the post it was actually a low chance both would leave.

I said guys that produce 5 points on an NHL roster in that time span should go. Not sure why this is so complicated. I like Beagle as a player and as a person, but I think we could improve in that area.

Redskins lost, so that's what I was referring to.

Not acting like a victim at all. I've gotten "you are 12 years old" and "you're such an idiot" and "you know nothing about hockey" and so on. Very immature since I never attacked any of you all. I'm actually wondering what the hell the mod is doing at this point.

Hendricks is improving in my mind and is becoming a better player each year with the Caps. Quality guy and quality player.

All i'm saying is that if you have Hendricks keep improving and he can take faceoffs there is no need for Beagle. At this point, even a free agent could be better who could actually help produce that forth line better.

That was literally all I was saying. Not sure why everyone has to freak out about it though.
Oh, so "Johansson on the first line is the dumbest thing ever" isn't an insult to someone? You're going to catch some flak when people are providing evidence for their statements and you try to debate with anecdotal evidence. Either shut up and learn or don't get butt hurt when people call you out.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Matt Hendricks: 9 points in 78 games (0.115 points/g), 53.6 % FO => good player, can play 4C, should extend

Jay Beagle: 5 points in 41 games (0.122 points/g), 57.7% FO => bad player, not good enough for 4C, get rid

Old
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Oh, so "Johansson on the first line is the dumbest thing ever" isn't an insult to someone? You're going to catch some flak when people are providing evidence for their statements and you try to debate with anecdotal evidence. Either shut up and learn or don't get butt hurt when people call you out.
I never said anything factually wrong, did I? I claimed that these players weren't consistent. No one has proven me wrong yet about this. I'm only insulting someone because I got called stupid and a 12 year old when i'm a grown ****ing man. Grow up.

Quote:
Matt Hendricks: 9 points in 78 games (0.115 points/g), 53.6 % FO => good player, can play 4C, should extend

Jay Beagle: 5 points in 41 games (0.122 points/g), 57.7% FO => bad player, not good enough for 4C, get rid
Sooo..

Faceoffs: Close, about .4%
Playmaking: Beagle career high 5 points. Hendricks alot more

Did you not check the faceoff percentage before you posted? Plus I get a great guy for a shoot-out who has been proven to have quick hands! And only a couple years older!

Old
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer (lots of offensive zone starts)
Laich-Backstrom-Wolski/Perreault (Wolski/Perreault battle it out for the last top-6 spot)
Chimera-Johansson-Ward (MoJo needs to play C for his development, clicked with Chimera in the past)
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb (energy/hitting, all capable of moving up one line
Hamill-Wolski/Perreault (Hamill has put of decent points with the Bears)

Alzner-Carlson (No explanation necessary)
Hamrlik-Green (No one but Hamrlik likely to deserve top-4 minutes)
Hillen-Orlov (Erskine against tougher teams, Hillen when they need mobility)
Erskine

Holtby
Neuvirth
I think Mojo playing with one or both of 8/19 will be better for his development than playing on the 3rd line with chimera and ward, even if he would be playing center

Old
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Sooo..

Did you not check the faceoff percentage before you posted?
I'd say this is a pretty good place to look at faceoff percentage.
That's a 4% difference, not a .4% difference, and it's pretty significant.

Ignoring the fact that playing Beagle and playing Hendricks aren't mutually exclusive ideas, Hendricks, at Beagle's age, had never played an NHL game, much less scored an NHL point. Beagle has yet to be given a full season at the NHL level. It's reasonable to expect that he'd improve his production if he was.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:37 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
I'd say this is a pretty good place to look at faceoff percentage.
That's a 4% difference, not a .4% difference, and it's pretty significant.

Ignoring the fact that playing Beagle and playing Hendricks aren't mutually exclusive ideas, Hendricks, at Beagle's age, had never played an NHL game, much less scored an NHL point. Beagle has yet to be given a full season at the NHL level. It's reasonable to expect that he'd improve his production if he was.
Sorry, I meant 4. It's getting late. I don't see that being a huge signifcant difference, though. Also depends on how many faceoffs were taken, although this doesn't factor in that much this time. Laich took 1400 but his percentage isn't great.

We'll just settle this argument with a "we'll see" I suppose. No one is going to win because clearly I believe he is a scrub and you think there is more for him.

Also I love how Halpern is at the top.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Except, you've given absolutely no reason why you think Beagle is a scrub other than 'OMGZ, 5 POINTS! You're also ignoring the fact that Hendricks is a much better winger than center, and basing your entire argument that he can play center on his faceoff percentage.

That's why you're taking heat on this issue, and deservedly so.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
I never said anything factually wrong, did I? I claimed that these players weren't consistent. No one has proven me wrong yet about this. I'm only insulting someone because I got called stupid and a 12 year old when i'm a grown ****ing man. Grow up.

Sooo..

Did you not check the faceoff percentage before you posted? Plus I get a great guy for a shoot-out who has been proven to have quick hands! And only a couple years older!
You never said any facts so you are right there. NBTW beat me to it, but he showed you facts that shows your claim is at best weak. A couple of us have proved you wrong, but you didn't notice that through your basic misunderstanding of numbers and harping about points. Now you're contradicting your earlier statement about not insulting people.

How about you grow up and actually debate like a "grown ****ing man" with actual numbers and understanding of the debate at hand.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Except, you've given absolutely no reason why you think Beagle is a scrub other than 'OMGZ, 5 POINTS! You're also ignoring the fact that Hendricks is a much better winger than center, and basing your entire argument that he can play center on his faceoff percentage.

That's why you're taking heat on this issue, and deservedly so.
Did many times, don't feel like going over it again. It's on this page. All you need to do is scroll up.

Was trying to resolve this nicely. Good night

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 01-07-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: flame
Old
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
I'll give you that Beagle can be a replacement but eventually they'll part ways with him. Alot of value in Hendricks, try not to throw it away. Little value in Beagle since he's not going to be one of those guys who is locked up and a huge fan favorite.
Quote:
Going by one season when the others he failed to get below 15?

Never scored more than 5 points in a season in the NHL. An undrafted player who played with Hershey 07, so 6 years.

Don't know why we're fighting though, we're all Caps fans.
Quote:
I never said anything factually wrong, did I? I claimed that these players weren't consistent. No one has proven me wrong yet about this. I'm only insulting someone because I got called stupid and a 12 year old when i'm a grown ****ing man.

Sooo..

Faceoffs: Close, about 4%

Quote:
Sorry, I meant 4. It's getting late. I don't see that being a huge signifcant difference, though. Also depends on how many faceoffs were taken, although this doesn't factor in that much this time. Laich took 1400 but his percentage isn't great.

We'll just settle this argument with a "we'll see" I suppose. No one is going to win because clearly I believe he is a scrub and you think there is more for him.

Also I love how Halpern is at the top.
Quoted it for you with bold in attempted resolution.

I'm a grown man and don't need to be belittled. Also Hendricks put up 16 points in a little bit more games than Beagle when he was 28. Next season he put up 25. Hendricks was on an NHL roster, he played 4 games, and did more in the minors than Beagle did transferring to the NHL starting position the next year. Beagle had a good year in 2009 but didn't play more than thirty games in the NHL until 2 years later, where he racked up (get this) 3 POINTS!!

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 01-07-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: flame
Old
01-06-2013, 11:55 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

You just quoted 2 posts where your only argument against Beagle was the 5 points, which is exactly what I said. The others didn't have any particular argument against him.

You're gonna have to up your game and bring more substance than that if you want to post here without being constantly ridiculed.

Closed Thread