HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Back to streaming I go!
I'm hoping for free Center Ice (or whichever one has game streaming) just for you

01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
They should give the fans free Center Ice for 50 games.

On a side note. I don't what the latest update is but anyways;

my good friend works for the islanders in a particular fashion that he would know this more than anyone, he texted me 2 1/2 hours ago saying the lockout is officially "over," the islanders are slated to have practice tomorrow morning around 8 am.

My friend is a diehard rangers fan btw. Hopefully he and I and some others will be getting tickets to the rangers @ islanders next week.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

This shortened season, or I should say at this time the season starting is just bad luck for some teams.

Kopitar has just been sidelined for 3 weeks.
Kesler is still recovering from surgery.

There are other players out with injuries. Hopefully the Rangers roster is close to a 100% other than Sauer.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
broadwayblue

think they are all ready to go except for Sauer.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Further to what I reported earlier today, confirmed now that NHL's Board of Governors meeting is Wednesday in NYC (to vote on new agreement)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

Old
01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
think they are all ready to go except for Sauer.
Brooks tweeted earlier today that Sauer will not play this year.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I'm hoping for free Center Ice (or whichever one has game streaming) just for you
and I'll be able to get NYR games because it's out of market for me

Old
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Brooks tweeted earlier today that Sauer will not play this year.
Always had a feeling Sauer's concussion was worse than what was speculated. I was expecting him to be back to start the 13-14 season but on second thought right now considering how out of the question he is, we'll be lucky to have him in the equation come playoff 13-14? Wouldn't want to throw a recovered player into the playoffs either so 14-15?

He could always recover quickly this season and gear up for the next but doesn't seem too likely if I had to guess.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:37 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Right, forgot about him. That further supports my point that it happens with regularity.
it might be fairly common for elite players but still pretty rare overall. don't remember the exact number but remember reading that the fight over 5 years vs 7 years effected like 30-something contracts out of 700+ players...

and of those 30ish contracts many of them were only that long because they had fake years on the end...alot of those deals are long cause they could be structured to lower the cap hit. now that you can't do that as much that lessens the need to give out those extra years.(if you could)

Old
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Always had a feeling Sauer's concussion was worse than what was speculated. I was expecting him to be back to start the 13-14 season but on second thought right now considering how out of the question he is, we'll be lucky to have him in the equation come playoff 13-14? Wouldn't want to throw a recovered player into the playoffs either so 14-15?

He could always recover quickly this season and gear up for the next but doesn't seem too likely if I had to guess.
It took Andy McDonald a long time to recover from his concussion problems. Sauer might not be done completely he must take the time to be completely symptom free before he gets back on the ice.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I thought it was a good interview. I liked his response to the question about winning the cup this year and if it holds the same value.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
It took Andy McDonald a long time to recover from his concussion problems. Sauer might not be done completely he must take the time to be completely symptom free before he gets back on the ice.
Ya. To be 100% honest, all the talk about how he is our absolute #4 defensemen (that's saying a lot considering it's stack McD, Staal, Danny G) eludes me a bit because it's been quite a while since I've last seen him play and memory is failing me.

Having that said, it follows smoothly that he'll be starting from square one in his professional career.

Another reason why I don't think the Sauer vote of confidence by a lot of the people on here is necessarily a vote on the recovered Sauer as opposed to the former Sauer.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Of the top of my head, in a worse spot than us are

Bruins, Flyers, Sharks, Vancouver?, possibly the Pens
It depends on from what perspective you look at it.

There is a huge difference between not being able to resign a UFA and not being able to resign a RFA for example.

With Pronger, less room is always tough on Philly..

A team that is close to the cap, and not yet a PO team, like Calgary, will have an extremely tough time with zero mobility.

Vancouvers problem is still that they are a two player team. At the same time, if the find the right tradin partners they could rid 10m plus in a hurry.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Ola

Quote:
I get that...but this team is gunning for a cup this year and/or next, and they have the best shot to do that with the group currently assembled. Now if they were to win the cup this year, perhaps they make a proactive move to re-position the team going forward...but otherwise I don't see them dealing any key players during the next two seasons.
Good point, but it also depends on what you get in return. Follow that Ryan Murphy kid in Carolina. He could do wonders for our PP right away.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
So,

the first msg I read yesterday when I woke up at about 11 AM was .. the lockout is over.
Great message

I really hope that we will be able to watch NHL over gamecenter live as last year, this was just great. But I really hope they improved some things for people want to watch NHL on demand - and just set the "overall duration" for every game to 5 hours..
Otherwise I can see how the game ends because of the maximum video time, that really su**s

Old
01-07-2013, 03:50 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Not posted in a long time, Felt a bit bitter about the whole situation but when i saw the news i came here.

I don't even know how many games the season will be for. How many is it?

Old
01-07-2013, 03:59 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
Not posted in a long time, Felt a bit bitter about the whole situation but when i saw the news i came here.

I don't even know how many games the season will be for. How many is it?
48 probable

50 if ratification is super quick

Old
01-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

I don't know why it "doesn't seem likely" to you. We don't have any medical information. On the one hand, he's not retiring, which is good. On the other, he's not going to be back this year, which is bad. Where is he? Nobody knows.

The Rangers will need to evaluate him in June to figure out if they should qualify his contract or to let him go UFA. If they determine he can be ready at any point next season before the playoffs, they should qualify him because it would save them a draft pick in acquiring a kid like him for the Cup run.

But if he's nowhere near close to returning by June, he should consider retiring. By then, he will have been out for a year and a half. If that's not enough time to show a lot of progress, he will never recover.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Prust's contract just looks even worse

Old
01-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I don't know why it "doesn't seem likely" to you. We don't have any medical information. On the one hand, he's not retiring, which is good. On the other, he's not going to be back this year, which is bad. Where is he? Nobody knows.

The Rangers will need to evaluate him in June to figure out if they should qualify his contract or to let him go UFA. If they determine he can be ready at any point next season before the playoffs, they should qualify him because it would save them a draft pick in acquiring a kid like him for the Cup run.

But if he's nowhere near close to returning by June, he should consider retiring. By then, he will have been out for a year and a half. If that's not enough time to show a lot of progress, he will never recover.
Ya. I said if I had to guess which can be just a feeling or from seeing how the team has handled it. The amount of chatter for Staal's concussion was quite a bit more than Sauer's. That's obviously partly because Staal's more important to the team and has a bigger pedigree and attraction from fans everywhere but I dunno... the quieter the team is, the less optimistic I am.

Again, I'm "guessing" so maybe it's worthless opinion but that's how it is in my mind

Old
01-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Happy for the little people like my son who interns for the Rangers and works for a website that streams NHL games...

Old
01-07-2013, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
so excited, I don't even know which posts from you guys I should comment on .... just happy we have hockey back.
You thought there would be no season.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
Prust's contract just looks even worse
i wonder if montreal will buy him out along with gomez? It may happen if they need to open space they can find someone to do him job cheaper i bet.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
TSN's Bob McKenzie was tweeting earlier that some KHL teams are offering some extra stuff to some of the top russian players to stay in the KHL and not return to the NHL. He thinks this will heat up a lot of things over the contract issues between the KHL and NHL like before the Radulov. Would be very interesting if Kovalchuk and Ovechkin don't come back.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Bring Back Avery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
TSN's Bob McKenzie was tweeting earlier that some KHL teams are offering some extra stuff to some of the top russian players to stay in the KHL and not return to the NHL. He thinks this will heat up a lot of things over the contract issues between the KHL and NHL like before the Radulov. Would be very interesting if Kovalchuk and Ovechkin don't come back.
That would be sweet. No Kovie and no Ovi I mean.

Closed Thread