HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-07-2013, 12:14 AM
DrEasy
Waiting for Methot

vCash: 500
I haven't been following things too closely: has Regin been playing anywhere during the lockout? If so, how has he been doing?

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
I haven't been following things too closely: has Regin been playing anywhere during the lockout? If so, how has he been doing?
I think he was playing in the Danish league for a bit and was the best player on the ice every night. He is pumped and can't wait to get the season started.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:29 AM
DrEasy
Waiting for Methot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I think he was playing in the Danish league for a bit and was the best player on the ice every night. He is pumped and can't wait to get the season started.
Nice!
I have high hopes for him. Imagine what a healthy and performing Regin could do to this roster.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:50 AM
derriko

I have a feeling Lats is going to boom or bust this year, and if he booms (paces for 25-30 goals) then we got the steal of free agency last year, especially on that contract of his

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Nice!
I have high hopes for him. Imagine what a healthy and performing Regin could do to this roster.
Sorry, but even in my wildest dreams I can't picture a healthy Peter Regin.

Laszlo Panaflex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:36 AM
NuxFan09

I think Silfverberg should be tried on the top line with Spezza, but let him earn it. Just stack the first line and let Silf hang with Turris and Lats.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Turris - Silfverberg
Greening - Regin - Neil
O'Brien - Smith - Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Anderson
Bishop

^ If Silfverberg gets comfortable pretty quickly in the NHL and produces, it's the best case scenario because then you could flip him and Alfie and the 2nd line then gets a big boost. I also really like that 3rd line. It's got decent offensive potential.

Last edited by NuxFan09: 01-07-2013 at 01:42 AM.
NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:41 AM
NuxFan09

Oh, and regarding Silf:

While the Sens should have him earn his top 6 minutes, it's also prudent with young players to put them in certain situations to succeed and get some easy points to boost their confidence. Needless to say, one way to do this is put him on the 1st PP unit. There's tons of talent there and he should be able to pick up some easy points.

Michalek - Spezza - Silfverberg
Alfredsson - Karlsson

^ Dat PP!

Latendresse - Turris - Regin
Wiercioch - Gonchar

^ Solid 2nd unit.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:42 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Our D is thin, but there is no reason to try for a lottery pick.

I also think that Silfverberg should line up with Turris and Alfie. It just makes sense.

Face reality. We don't have time to F around with the lineups. Lats should play with Spez & Michalek.

Lehner should be on the big boy team.

Let's roll.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

My only concern is Anderson. Seems he didn't practice much during the break. With no real camp and a short season I hope he gets a better start this year than last. No team can afford to play catchup.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:20 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

I also think that Silfverberg should line up with Turris and Alfie. It just makes sense.

Face reality. We don't have time to F around with the lineups. Lats should play with Spez & Michalek.

Let's roll.

How is putting Lats with Spezza and Michalek "F(ing) around with the line up"? He has never played with them. Who says it won't be a better place for Silf

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I have a feeling Lats is going to boom or bust this year, and if he booms (paces for 25-30 goals) then we got the steal of free agency last year, especially on that contract of his
I feel the same way. I'm leaning towards him busting tho. Atleast it's just a one year contract so depending on how he performs we can bring him back next or let him leave.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Jake

Quote:
Actually, he played in Langenthal in the Swiss 2nd tier. Had 2+3 in just 4 games.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Panaflex View Post
I don't doubt that Vancouver will try to shop him, but I hope Ottawa stays away from him. He still has 2 more years left at 4.2 million after this one. He didn't exactly have a strong season last year either. I think we could do better.
He may be really cheap to trade for, though. And, we can always use an amnesty buyout on him at the end of the year. We don't really have anyone to buy out at this point.

I wouldn't pay much, but for the right price, I'd take him on.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Orange Thunder

I think Latendresse will surprise and be worth much more than his salary.

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

Let's roll.
Wonder if Bmurr and Maclean could go with lehner and bishop and give Anderson a weekend stint in
Bingo as a conditioning stint. Gives Anderson a chance to get in shape, so he doesn't get hurt trying
to get up to speed. As a bonus lehner is red hot right now

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:53 AM
topshelfie

Latendresse Spezza Silfverberg
Michalek Turris Alfredsson
Greening Smith Neil
Regin O'brien Condra
Daugavins

Methot Karlsson
Phillips Gonchar
?? ??

Cowen Lundin
Wiercoch Boro

Anderson Lehner Bishop

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Not a lot of time to get a feel for young players, rookies or chemistry, so the team will try to stay as cohesive as possible in terms of last year and also using vets over rookies where possible. Teams with the most change in the offseason will likely struggle more, given the coaching (or lack there of) and implenting systems will be so hard. Not only with a short camp, but minimal practices all year given games every other night. Coaches and GM's know the team needs to hit the ground running and be fast out of the gate.

As such, I think guys like Stone, Ceci, ZBad and Da Costa may not even be at camp, and if they are, it will be for experience, not with hopes of making the team. But I doubt Ceci gets an invite, and Stone too. Even guys like Da Costa, Zibanejad and Hoffman might not get invited, given the depth of veteran forwards. All will be told they will likely see time with the team before year's end. But with Daugavins, Regin, JOB and a few other vets in the mix, the Sens are already 14 deep or so. Silverberg I expect will get a long look in the top 6, as will Latendresse, although perhaps not as long if he doesn't produce. Besides the other top 4 front line forwards (Alf, Milan, Spezz and Turris) that leaves Smith, Neil, Greening, Condra along with JOB, Regin and Daugavins as the 13 forwards the team keeps when the season breaks.

They want guys like Stone, Da Costa, Zbad, Hoffman, Pageau, Dzu, Grant and the rest of the future forwards to get bigger ice time in Bingo, as all need work on their games.

On D, I think Benoit is in for sure given his experience. I think Borowiecki will have the inside edge over Wiercioch given his style of play and the fact the Sens won't really need Wierioch on the PP. But all three of these guys may start the year with the team until Lundin is back. Not a lot of depth there, though.

Lehner will stay in Bingo, and Bishop will be the back-up until injuries or poor performance makes it necessary to bring Lehner up. This is the stone cold reality of the contracts and two-way deals. If Anderson and Bishop play decent and stay healthy, he may not make an appearance with the Sens (a big if, though). As such, it wouldn't shock me to see Lehner get called up if the others are struggling late in the year, and they just keep three goalies at the pro level (can't send Bishop down) and ride Lehner for a spell. It's the kind of move Murray has done before.
PW has very little to offer outside of the PP. He seldom wins battles in the corner and is literally the worst defensive dman on the Bsens, including Claesson and Wideman. He gets caught up ice because the thinks offence first, has poor lateral movement and often gets beat to the outside. He is weak and the only time he plays physical he gets a cross checking penalty. The fact that he is a .5 PPG may get him an invite. Benoit has 23 points and is a +3. I'm sure they see this as an "offensive pairing"". If they need offence these guys will get the call but if they need any shut down defence there are other choices. For Benoit, being the son in law of the goalie coach should help.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Vancouver will not trade Edler for our prospects/spare parts. Just FYI. Same goes for Whitney in Edmonton.
I doubt Whitney is going anywhere this year.

Elder may be available, most likely depends on what he is expecting in dollars on his next contract. If it is over $4M, and I believe will be, Gillis will most likely be forced to trade him.

IMO Gillis will trade Elder for prospects/picks, since he really doesn't have a lot of cap wriggle room in 2013-14 for taking back contract.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:

This is what happens with fan forums on the internet.

Suddenly this becomes gospel.

He didn't play any hockey in Denmark so he sure wasn't the best player on the ice every night. And it really wouldn't be very impressive to be the best player in a mediocre Danish league.

Colin Greening actually took that role. He player everybodys ass off and Zack Smith also was clearly the best player on his Danish team.

But none of the Danish players found the Danish league to be attractive enough to play there.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
PW has very little to offer outside of the PP. He seldom wins battles in the corner and is literally the worst defensive dman on the Bsens, including Claesson and Wideman. He gets caught up ice because the thinks offence first, has poor lateral movement and often gets beat to the outside. He is weak and the only time he plays physical he gets a cross checking penalty. The fact that he is a .5 PPG may get him an invite. Benoit has 23 points and is a +3. I'm sure they see this as an "offensive pairing"". If they need offence these guys will get the call but if they need any shut down defence there are other choices. For Benoit, being the son in law of the goalie coach should help.
This make me think you haven't been watching the B-Sens play at all.

PW has probably been the best overall D-man for the B-Sens since his return from injury.

FYI Wideman is probably the worst D on the B-Sens and while Claesson has been a nice surprise, he isn't close to PW at this point in time.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HappyGilmour

Latendresse - Turris - Condra
Greening - Regin - Silfverberg
O'Brien - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Leddy - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Anderson
Bishop

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:28 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

I'd love to see us try to pry one of Buffalo's defenceman loose. The Sabres have more NHL defenceman than they can even keep on their roster:

Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, Pardy, Weber (not Shea), Sulzer, Brennan... one of those guys could suit up for us this year (and possibly beyond, depending on who we'd target / who's available.)

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Nizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
O'Brien - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Leddy - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Anderson
Bishop
Condra on 2nd ..Man I cant wait till that bench warmer gets replaced by a talented prospect

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Condra on 2nd ..Man I cant wait till that bench warmer gets replaced by a talented prospect
But Condra dominated the Slovenian 3rd division.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
O'Brien - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Leddy - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Anderson
Bishop
I know you like Condra, but putting him over Silfverberg? Really?

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote