HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minny-Chicago

Old
01-06-2013, 08:25 PM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Kruger-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Clutterbuck
Hayes-Mayers-Shaw

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc494 View Post
Nah I'd only want Hackett or Backstrom. I still think something around the first deal could work if you guys are only willing to give up Backstrom. Love the name too, Dr. Itor.
What I meant was, if you wanted Backstrom then take out Hackett; if you wanted Hackett then take out Backstrom. I can't imagine us dealing them both.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
I don't see how this trade makes Minnesota better.

If Clutterbuck wants too much money, flip him for a pick. Simple as that.

I can't see the Wild trading either Backstrom or Hackett. Harding's diagnosis and injury concerns are too risky to guarantee him as our #1 goalie, and Hackett's too unexperienced. If the Wild want to compete anytime soon, they'll likely hold onto Backstrom.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

How about Setoguchi for Leddy, something around those two? My God the first Leddy trade was horrible now that I think about it.

Or I'd be interested in Clutter for Hjalmarsson(sp?) straight up. None of the other pieces interest me, and we have internal replacements for Clutterbuck.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Gotta stay under the cap somehow.
That's where Cullen and Butch come in. Big money off the books, which may allow us to keep Backstrom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I don't see how this trade makes Minnesota better.

If Clutterbuck wants too much money, flip him for a pick. Simple as that.

I can't see the Wild trading either Backstrom or Hackett. Harding's diagnosis and injury concerns are too risky to guarantee him as our #1 goalie, and Hackett's too unexperienced. If the Wild want to compete anytime soon, they'll likely hold onto Backstrom.
Summed it up perfectly.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
How about Setoguchi for Leddy, something around those two? My God the first Leddy trade was horrible now that I think about it.

Or I'd be interested in Clutter for Hjalmarsson(sp?) straight up. None of the other pieces interest me, and we have internal replacements for Clutterbuck.
Pass on the bolded.

I could get behind a Hammer for Clutterbuck trade.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
jrc494

Minny fans, can you not deal Backstrom because Harding's MS? Would you otherwise have confidence giving Harding the starting job? The Hawks REALLY need consistent goaltending this year.

Also I wouldn't mind a Hammer-Clutterbuck deal either. Would that work straight up/what would we need to add to have Lucia thrown in?

jrc494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
STC

Quote:
Yes this is a good idea. He was at his best when he was paired with Brian Campell during the Cup year. Smart player, sound defensively, and can throw his body around when he needs to.
In other words he has gone steadily downhill for the past 2 years.

He's really overrated by our fanbase. He looked like a #5 dman at best last year and that's being generous.

STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:33 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

vCash: 155
Quote:
Minny fans, can you not deal Backstrom because Harding's MS? Would you otherwise have confidence giving Harding the starting job? The Hawks REALLY need consistent goaltending this year.

Also I wouldn't mind a Hammer-Clutterbuck deal either. Would that work straight up/what would we need to add to have Lucia thrown in?
If Harding didn't have MS, the plan was to trade Backstrom at the deadline if Harding was ready to handle a playoff run and they were in position to be in the playoffs, or trade him if they were tanking fast. Harding would have the 1a job, Hackett would get a shot at the 1b. Obviously that isn't happening so who knows now.

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
STC

Hammer for Clutterbuck? Yes please!

The fact that all us hawks fans are saying we would do that should tell you how we "really" feel about Hammer.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
In other words he has gone steadily downhill for the past 2 years.

He's really overrated by our fanbase. He looked like a #5 dman at best last year and that's being generous.
He was paired with Campbell in 2010-11 when he and Soupy were out against the Sedin's vs. Vancouver.

Hammer had to adjust to life last year without the D partner he's had throughout his entire NHL career. He's still a quality 2nd pairing Dman.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Hammer for Clutterbuck? Yes please!

The fact that all us hawks fans are saying we would do that should tell you how we "really" feel about Hammer.
Clutterbuck brings much needed physicallity and grit to the Hawks top-9. With the amount of NHL Dmen Chicago has on their roster, why wouldn't Hawk fans be receptive to that deal? It's a good hockey trade.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Chevrier

Way too much IF in the original proposal. Like above poster said, given Harding's future with the MS diagnosis, the Wild owe it to themselves to hold onto Backstrom and let Hackett bide his time until he is completely ready. I've always thought that Backstrom was a great goalie who got overlooked in Minny at times, but given what I'm predicted to be the Wild's upcoming upswing, a solid veteran goalie is exactly what they need and have. Hackett's time will come, but there's no need to make it tomorrow given Harding's condition.

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
STC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
He was paired with Campbell in 2010-11 when he and Soupy were out against the Sedin's vs. Vancouver.

Hammer had to adjust to life last year without the D partner he's had throughout his entire NHL career. He's still a quality 2nd pairing Dman.
I think he's terrible and shouldn't be anywhere near a second pairing. The worst part of game is between his ears. No hockey sense, makes terrible decisions breaking the puck out.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:43 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I think he's terrible and shouldn't be anywhere near a second pairing. The worst part of game is between his ears. No hockey sense, makes terrible decisions breaking the puck out.
Uh, which Hjalmarsson have you been watching? Hammer has very good hockey sense, he's just not much of a puck-mover. He has excellent positioning, a great stick and is able to time checks almost perfectly (for the most part). The entire team struggled to move the puck consistently last year because the forwards were instructed to cheat up the ice all the time and they almost never had 5-man break outs up the ice coming out of their zone; that's on coaching.

Just because Hammer doesn't bring much offense doesn't mean he's not a top-4 Dman. He's very, very good defensively and on the PK. He needs to be paired with a partner who can move the puck though, which is why I believe someone suggested pairing him with Brodin.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Not sure I'd want to trade Clutter to a soon-to-be divisional rival.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:51 PM
jrc494

Quote:
Please just ignore this guy and all of his negativity. Hammer is a solid 2nd pair D who has great hockey sense. The reason we can deal him is because our log jam at the 4D position with Oduya, Roszival, Montador, and Leddy.

jrc494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
Please just ignore this guy and all of his negativity. Hammer is a solid 2nd pair D who has great hockey sense. The reason we can deal him is because our log jam at the 4D position with Oduya, Roszival, Montador, and Leddy.
I have a feeling that when teams can buy out their players, Chicago will give Olesz and Montador the axe.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Clutterbuck for Hjalmarsson
Hackett for Clendening

or combined (then you add Emery that MIN has depth in Goal or a backup)

I'd love those deals from a Hawks POV. Not sure if MIN would like this.
Hawks goaltending is bad as it is, need to gamble a bit here.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:08 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Too many moving parts in the original proposal. And on the Wild's end, those parts are fairly significant contributors. They're getting close to the point where moving players for minimal gains and futures isn't going to help them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Clutterbuck for Hjalmarsson
Hackett for Clendening

or combined (then you add Emery that MIN has depth in Goal or a backup)

I'd love those deals from a Hawks POV. Not sure if MIN would like this.
Hawks goaltending is bad as it is, need to gamble a bit here.
I'd do the latter in a heartbeat. Wild need more depth on the blue line, especially higher end depth, and Clendening would absolutely fill that. Kuemper and Gustafsson have both proven there's not much of a drop off from Hackett and if I had to bet money on it, I think Gustafsson's ultimately the better of the trio when all is said and done.

As for the Clutter/Hjalmarsson swap, not a fan. I think the Wild have the pieces to add to Clutterbuck (if they wanted to move him) to get a better defender if that's the route they wanted to take. I like Clutterbuck's viability on this team more moving forward than I would Hjalmarsson's.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
P10p

Take Hackett and Backstrom out and Minnesota goes from a top goeltending stable to a near bottom. Hackett has been great at all levels thus far.

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote