HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Raymond and a top-6 d-man to Ottawa

Old
01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
FrontenacSens

vCash: 500
Raymond and a top-6 d-man to Ottawa

Raymond could benefit from a change of scenery, Ottawa would be a good fit if they don't want Silfverberg in the top-6 right away. They also need a defenseman with NHL experience.

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:23 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddz17 View Post
Raymond could benefit from a change of scenery, Ottawa would be a good fit if they don't want Silfverberg in the top-6 right away. They also need a defenseman with NHL experience.
Silfverberg would have to have the worst game possible to not be on the top 6. We don't need raymond, we just need a top 4 defender.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

I like Raymond but no need.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
mstad101

Ballard and Raymond for fill in blank?

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:26 AM
hilib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Ballard and Raymond for fill in blank?
Hell, with that deal, picks or a mid-level prospect should be okay, or a 3rd line C... it's essentially a cap-dump from Vancouver's end, but what Raymond brings(great speed, decent pk'ing abilities) make up for Ballard's bad contract, turn it into actually expecting something of (not too much) value returning.

hilib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:08 AM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilib View Post
Hell, with that deal, picks or a mid-level prospect should be okay, or a 3rd line C... it's essentially a cap-dump from Vancouver's end, but what Raymond brings(great speed, decent pk'ing abilities) make up for Ballard's bad contract, turn it into actually expecting something of (not too much) value returning.
Ballard n Raymond for Smith n 5th.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilib View Post
Seems better then buying him out from our side, I'd rather give him a chance to turn his game back to what it was. Midlevel prospects or a 3rd line C? Anyone in mind?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:11 AM
Ho Borvat

I know he just got re-inked but could a Sens fan fill in te blank for me?

Zack Smiths availability is __________?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:30 AM
OMadahey

He's available for the right price.
I'd do Ballard and Raymond for condra and a 4th. Maybe switch condra for smith but I like smith wouldn't want him gone he's a good 3rd C, who pks and is tough

OMadahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMadahey View Post
He's available for the right price.
I'd do Ballard and Raymond for condra and a 4th. Maybe switch condra for smith but I like smith wouldn't want him gone he's a good 3rd C, who pks and is tough
TBH we wouldn't really have a use for Condra. I like the game he plays, but I just don't see him as a fit here. I like his energy and the way he makes use of what he has, but....it's basically a pure dump of salary for us then, and I think, say, come next season, Ottawa fans will look back at that trade and laugh at how easily they got Ballard and Raymond.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:54 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I don't think the Sens particularly need Mason Raymond, even though he gets more flack than he deserves. Could maybe use Keith Ballard, but I'm not sure Sens ownership wants to invest that much money in a #4-#6 defender.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
TBH we wouldn't really have a use for Condra. I like the game he plays, but I just don't see him as a fit here. I like his energy and the way he makes use of what he has, but....it's basically a pure dump of salary for us then, and I think, say, come next season, Ottawa fans will look back at that trade and laugh at how easily they got Ballard and Raymond.
I suspect Murray would offer up more than Condra and a 4th but I can't think what. Most of the guys on the team are guys who he really wants on the team. Maybe a 3rd, Gryba and Petersson. Or something. We don't have many expendable assets for salary dumps, although I do agree they could both be welcome additions.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I don't think the Sens particularly need Mason Raymond, even though he gets more flack than he deserves. Could maybe use Keith Ballard, but I'm not sure Sens ownership wants to invest that much money in a #4-#6 defender.
Kind of what I thought. I mean Foligno and Raymond, I thought, would make a potent winger duo, but...where on the Sens line up?

As for Ballard, I think a change of scenery gets him to that #4 spot, and long term, could back up Karlsson as a replacement to Gonchar's offence...but with nice big body checks for a little guy.

Neither are particularly stellar players, but they put in solid work night to night, and both need a fresh start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I suspect Murray would offer up more than Condra and a 4th but I can't think what. Most of the guys on the team are guys who he really wants on the team. Maybe a 3rd, Gryba and Petersson. Or something. We don't have many expendable assets for salary dumps, although I do agree they could both be welcome additions.
That's the million dollar question to me. If we took Condra, who takes Raymonds' 2/3 winger spot, we need either something new (a 3rd line center...still), or a bottom pairing defender...at which point I ask why we make the trade (unless Murray or other Sens boosters know something we Canucks fans don't ).

A higher pick, say a 2nd? Sure, but then back to Stempniaksen's comments...why do the Sens do this (unless we Canucks fans know something the Sens fans don't)?

I mean clearing 6.475 million before what we take back is tempting, but it doesn't serve a purpose until next years cap drop, when we can buy out Ballard (if need be) and let Raymond walk.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

What about a Mr. Edler.... What kind of package would it take to get him out of Vancouver

Old
01-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Kind of what I thought. I mean Foligno and Raymond, I thought, would make a potent winger duo, but...where on the Sens line up?
Sadly, Foligno's not with us anymore.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
What about a Mr. Edler.... What kind of package would it take to get him out of Vancouver
One your team wouldn't be willing to give up.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:50 AM
professorchaos

Would hate to lose Ballard, so underrated it is criminal. Edler could be had for the right price, but it would require a lot of ifs and buts.

professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:51 AM
rypper

Quote:
His value varies whether you are looking to acquire an upcoming UFA or if he is re-signed. Either way I think the price would be steep.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:56 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I know this isn't an Edler thread, but since the topic has strayed towards that I could easily see the Sens moving their 1st + Zibanejad if they are sure they can re-sign him.

Edler - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci

Heck of a top-four longterm if everyone pans out.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:04 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Ballard n Raymond for Smith n 5th.
No thanks, want no part of Raymond (aka Ryan Shannon v 2.0) or Ballard (grossly overpaid bottom pairing Dman).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I know he just got re-inked but could a Sens fan fill in te blank for me?

Zack Smiths availability is __________?
Almost nil. He is an ideal 3rd line center, and we have precious little toughness as it is , without losing him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
One your team wouldn't be willing to give up.
That's fine, we're better off pursuing him if/when he hits UFA. If he doesn't hit UFA or sign elsewhere, we still have our good young assets. But the chance to play with Karlsson may be too tempting for him not to come here. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's good friends with Alfie too.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:14 AM
ManoWarrior

Quote:
Tough to say. I'll give it a shot. Ottawa isn't going to give up any of their top flight players, but Vancouver wants to get younger/bigger, Needs a 3C and I would really like them to get a quality defense prospect ready for call-up. This trade would probably only be done if the Nucks got another dman, let's say in the luongo trade.

Edler, Raymond

Zibanejad, Wiercioch, Regin + 3rd/Smith

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
What about Da Costa? Would he be available, and is he capable of playing 3C?

With Spezza-Zibanejad-Turris-Smith-Da Costa as your C depth, I'd think one might be available.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
You would love Da Costa. Grit + scoring touch.

Edler, Raymond for Da Costa, Zibanejad, +

The plus depends on whether Edler resigns or not.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Raymond for Condra + 3rd. DEAL.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
You would love Da Costa. Grit + scoring touch.

Edler, Raymond for Da Costa, Zibanejad, +

The plus depends on whether Edler resigns or not.
I was more thinking along the lines of a minor deal for him, like Ballard + 2nd for Da Costa + 3rd. I think we could use him, but he's not worth losing Edler. And if we take Da Costa, then we don't really need Zibanejad, and vice versa.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote