HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Your team needs/trade bait for 2012/2013 season

Old
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Douglas Murray for Clarke MacArthur?
I'd do that.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
lifeisruff

Sabres needs

depending on whether Grigoenko stays (or is even giving a tryout or not)
-Veteran center who can kill penalties.

also
-third line right winger, or top six left wing.

available
TJ Brennan
Jordan Leopold
Andrej Sekera
and one of
Ville Leino
or
Nathan Gerbe

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I'll try the Ducks

Needs: top six winger who can play physical.

Personal wants: 2nd line center. Been preaching this for years but its never going to happen. Plus Murray and BB seem pretty confident in Holland.

Assets: draft picks, also hold NYI 2nd which could be a very high pick.

Ton of solid prospects. Only ones I'd really call untouchable are Gibson, Holland, and Vatanen. Seriously doubt Etem or Palmeiri are moved either though.

Not sure who is available. Think Malone type. Need someone to play with Getz and Perry

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Pens could use at least 1 top six winger, possibly 2.

Kunitz - Crosby - X
X - Malkin - Neal

Ideally, I'd rather have Dupuis slot down onto the third line, and either trade Kennedy or move Cooke down to the 4th line. At the very least, the Pens could use 1 top six winger, with Dupuis re-uniting with Kunitz and Crosby. Not ideal, but at least it's had some success in the past.

Pens also need a bounce-back season from Paul Martin on defense, or they could use another solid (preferably solid defensively and plays somewhat physical) top four defenseman.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
1) Because Steen got himself turned into the "throw in" on the Stempniak deal by playing center in Toronto. He was a hairs-breadth from washing out of the NHL at the position and I do not even remotely like the thought of putting him back there.

I also doubt his ability to stay healthy as a center when he can't manage it as a winger.

2) Oshie hasn't shown a darn thing when he's been tried at center, and McDonald would get himself killed playing center in our system. Neither one is a legit option to play the position. Sobotka would be the next person in line, and his numbers aren't good enough to man the position full time.

Hitch is willing to give Steen the first shot at the position and I trust Hitch well enough, but IMO Army could really help this team by grabbing a guy like Getzlaf, Jordan Staal or Kesler(just throwing names around, nobody get your panties in a bunch) to go on top of Backes/Berglund. IMO that is the 1 piece that would put our forward ranks over the top.
Steen is not the same player he was since the trade, has developed a better overall game with the blues. we are talking about a 3rd line center he, we don't need a 30 goal scorer, just defensively responsible and able to put up some points which Steen is more than capable of as is Oshie. McDonald played some of his best hockey as a center, I know the risk of injury is there, but he wold be a last option there really. He'll I don't even mind Sobotka as the third center cause he will have some decent wingers to work with. Bottom line, our d lost Cola and added Woywitka? Not good, if we want to go deep need a better d in case Cole cannot cut it.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Setoguchi for Niskanen?
Coyle for Despres?
I would do the first without hesitation - not because Nisky hasn't been good for us, but simply because we should be able to replace him from within while plugging a 'here and now and future' hole with Setoguchi.
The second.... we sure could, on much the same grounds, but I think Despres is a better prospect than Charlie Coyle long term and would be the more influential player here and now also.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:58 AM
DavidBL

Ducks Needs:
Top 6 LW
2C

Available:
Cogliano, possibly Lydman, Picks (probably anything outside the first round), Prospects.

Unlikely to be moved prospects:
Etem, Kerdiles, Lindholm, Holland (If 2C is not returning in trade).

I think Vatanen could be moved as an offensive Puck moving LH D. He is small for NHL but isn't doing to bad in the AHL this year. Might be early to move any prospects unless they are for a significant upgrade in the 2 needs.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:19 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 View Post
Oilers

Top pairing dman
2nd line centre with size and skill

Bait

Hemsky
Gagner
Whitney
1st rounder
Pajaarvi
Omark

Probably not enough quality players for a top pairing dman, but maybe a decent #2 centre.
I'd take out Pajaarvi and the 1st rounder and add Ryan Jones and Yakupov. I would like to see how the D turns out this season without adding anyone.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:30 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac125330 View Post

Needs:
Top 4 shut down defenseman
Either a top six power forward to replace Ruutu (hip surgery) or a gritty bottom six forward

Trade Block:
Jamie McBain or Joni Pitkanen (can't lose both)
Jiri Tlusty (only for the power forward)
Zach Boychuk
Any draft pick
No Dalpe? He seems very available to me. I'd also throw Biega in the list of assets that is appealing and potentially available. He's redundant in your system as Faulk and McBain already possess his attributes. I'd also put Murphy on that list but there is a mismatch in your needs and his value (too high for what you need to get back). Pitkanen should not be trade bait.

I proposed Raymond for Boychuk or Dalpe. UFA after this year and basically covers for the loss of Ruutu for this season. We have too many guys on the left side and need a player that can play wing and center.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:34 AM
ginner classic

Canucks needs:

3C
1RW (upgrade, but not likely)
3RD (Tanev is 2RD of natural right side guys and 3RD once Edler or Garrison moves over)
5C (prospect that can play NHL minutes this year to compete with Schroeder. Ebbet is the current 5C)
4RD (prospect that can play NHL minutes in a pinch)
Picks

Available

I think we know the answer to this

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:54 AM
rypper
FIRE BENNING.

vCash: 50
I think the canucks most dire needs are a 3rd line center (with Malhotra being questionable.) and some good defensemen prospects. With Edler upcoming as a UFA it would take the sting of losing him if we had some young cheap prospects ready to compete for the spot.

Available

Luongo
Ballard
Raymond
etc.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:34 AM
HiddenInLight

Sabres Needs: Veteran #3/4 defensively sound center, preferably a vet. Offensive upside not required but a little bit would be nice.

Assets: You need a defensemen? We've got the guy for you. Young (Brennan etc) Older (Regehr, Leopold), defensive, PMD. We have them all. Our roster is over stocked with them.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Sabres Needs: Veteran #3/4 defensively sound center, preferably a vet. Offensive upside not required but a little bit would be nice.

Assets: You need a defensemen? We've got the guy for you. Young (Brennan etc) Older (Regehr, Leopold), defensive, PMD. We have them all. Our roster is over stocked with them.
If Leopold can play RD, how about Malhotra for Leopold?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
Sabres needs

depending on whether Grigoenko stays (or is even giving a tryout or not)
-Veteran center who can kill penalties.

also
-third line right winger, or top six left wing.

available
TJ Brennan
Jordan Leopold
Andrej Sekera
and one of
Ville Leino
or
Nathan Gerbe
Joel Ward + mid round pick for Sekera? Salary and years remaining are fairly similar. I think he'd be an ideal partner for Green. That might not be enough going back to the Sabres though.

I'm probably the only Caps fan who would offer it, but I'd be willing to trade Laich for Sekera + something.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:54 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 View Post
Oilers

Top pairing dman
2nd line centre with size and skill

Bait

Hemsky
Gagner
Whitney
1st rounder
Pajaarvi
Omark

Probably not enough quality players for a top pairing dman, but maybe a decent #2 centre.
We don't need a top pairing d-man THAT badly. We need a tough as nails 2nd/3rd pairing d-man who keeps the crease area clean on the PK.

I'm happy with Smid-Petry

Schutlz/ Schultz should be decent for a second pairing, but if we could get a meaner shutdown d-man to play with Justin it would be better. If we could Nick could play with Whitney on the third pairing that would be ideal. Still if we could get a tough 3rd pairing guy who's good on the PK i would be very happy.

We don't need a second line center. We've still got Gagner kicking around. I figure this is his last chance. He'll be working fulltime with legit snipers like Hall, Eberle and Yakpuov this year, so there will be no excuse for him to have problems putting up points.

Pajaarvi and Hemsky probably aren't going anywhere unless we're getting someone experienced with 3+ years left on their contract in return.

That first round pick is untouchable until the end of the regular season.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:00 AM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Toronto needs:

#1 Centre
#1 Goaltender
#3 Centre (if Tyler Bozak is traded)

Trade bait:

Nazem Kadri
Cody Franson
Clarke MacArthur
Tyler Bozak
Carl Gunnarsson
Korbinian Holzer
Ben Scrivens
Prospects (Joe Colborne, Jesse Blacker, Jerry D'Amigo)
Draft picks

King William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
TrillMike

Guys who are probably availible from Dallas:
Brendan Morrow
Stephan Robidas
Mark Fistric

I'd like for them to add another right-handed forward who can put up 10-15 goals, hit and kill penalties.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
MisterD

From this Oiler fan's POV, I'd like a bigger, more physical #2 Center, and a physical top 4 Dman. An upgrade in goal would be nice, but I'm ok with running with Dubnyk for now.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
MisterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Guys who are probably availible from Dallas:
Brendan Morrow
Stephan Robidas
Mark Fistric

I'd like for them to add another right-handed forward who can put up 10-15 goals, hit and kill penalties.
I'd be interested in getting Morrow for the Oilers. Not sure what I'd cost to get him though.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:54 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Needs
Young - Prime, NHL top 4 Defender

Potential Trade Package
(Choice of) Cal Clutterbuck/Devin Setoguchi
2013 First Round Pick
(Choice of) Matt Dumba/Zack Phillips/Erik Haula
--- Charlie Coyle/Johan Larsson could be added to acquire the right player.

A lateral swap likely doesn't do the Wild a whole lot of favors in terms of a trade for defenseman. Just shifting the deck chairs around. If the Wild make a move using any of their more significant assets, it will likely be for a bigger impact.

Available for minor compensation
Darroll Powe

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

Sure, I'll play....

Needs #2C: Frans Nielsen is a perfect #3C who can play #2 in a pinch, but I'd rather let Strome keep terrorizing the OHL rather than get thrown to the wolves just yet, short season or no. Maybe he gets a quick peek next year, but there's no point in letting him get snakebitten like Bailey and Nino - let him max out in the O' where he can put people's doubts to sleep.

That being said, Bailey's more effective on wing, Cizikas & Ullstrom could stand to develop a little more as well, and that leaves zippo for a #2C.

Needs 1 top-4 and one 3rd pairing D-man: Hamonic should be back form his injury just fine, but in case Visnovsky's successful with trying to dodge Long Island again, the Isles only have Streit, Hamonic, MacDonald, & Carkner with NHL experience. deHaan is the new Martinek, injury-wise, so I'm pretty close to doubting his chances. Defense has been too dicey in Bridgeport to call up Wishart or Donovan. As underlined by Snow's last draft, the Isles need defense. They'll have a big, mean and deep defense in a few years if the right players pan out (Reinhart, Pelech and Mayfield all come off as "likely future NHL'ers" to me, and there are a number of others) but that doesn't help now.

*Needs veteran presence for top 6 RW: Just my opinion, but I'd rather someone of a demeanor as Brendan Morrow (if he's even available from Dallas, just using an example) play to JT's right rather than a largely inconsistent and maddeningly un-threatening Okposo or a stop-gap in Boyes (though I'd give Boyes the chance.)

Needs to poop or get off the pot with DiPietro and burn an amnesty buyout: Do it now and start maketing for the Brooklyn move. Bring Koskinen back over for Bridgeport (if they can) and go with the tandems of Nabokov/Poulin and Nilsson/Koskinen, respectively (NHL/AHL).

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:15 AM
umbertovanek
Je suis Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Joel Ward + mid round pick for Sekera? Salary and years remaining are fairly similar. I think he'd be an ideal partner for Green. That might not be enough going back to the Sabres though.

I'm probably the only Caps fan who would offer it, but I'd be willing to trade Laich for Sekera + something.
I don't think Sekera should be on Buffalo's trade bait list. Not for a 3rd line center, anyway. He's pretty much a 1st pairing guy these days and if he got traded, it should be for a big piece and, frankly, Joel Ward is not it, and neither is Laich.
Sekera is prbly. more valuable to the Sabres, than what he would fetch in a trade (cheap contract!).

If we could interest you in some of our other D-men, like maybe, Brennan, Weber, Leopold, Regehr, that would be another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If Leopold can play RD, how about Malhotra for Leopold?
I thought of this, too. Question remains however, is Malhotra healthy enough. Canucks are pretty thin down the middle with Kesler questionable, so why wouldn't they use him themselves?

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Flyers:
top pairing defenseman
young defenseman with potential
young potential starting goaltender (schnieder etc.)
top 6 winger

assets:
any draft picks
daniel briere
scott laughton
erik gustafsson
marc-andre bourdon
anybody besides Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier could potentially be had for the right return i would think.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
I thought of this, too. Question remains however, is Malhotra healthy enough. Canucks are pretty thin down the middle with Kesler questionable, so why wouldn't they use him themselves?
His offensive game has been lowered since his eye injury, bu he's still a great face-off ace and veteran leader. The Canucks have had issues with scoring from their bottom-6, so Malhotra isn't as useful to us anymore, especially with rumours of Bozak being involved in a Luongo trade. But for a team like Buffalo that just needs him to take defensive matchups to allow their young kids to do their own thing as well as helping mentor them, I think he would be a good addition. Leopold isn't exactly a high price to pay either.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:22 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertovanek View Post
If we could interest you in some of our other D-men, like maybe, Brennan, Weber, Leopold, Regehr, that would be another story.
?
what would it take from the Flyers to get Regehr?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote