HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Boedker signs two year contract

Old
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
That's a nice sentiment, but not even Crosby or Ovechkin can will a team to a cup on their own. If Boedker suddenly becomes a 40 goal guy, that'd be amazing considering the scoring we lost when Whitney left. The Coyotes absolutely need a gamebreaking player in the worst way possible. Someone who can, on occasion, fly past even the best orchestrated defense and make a seemingly impossible shot. Meat and potatoes only gets you so far.

Hopefully he stays hot and never looks back.

Lockout is apparently over, so send him home please.
Let's pick up Nielsen.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:49 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Boeds, Philip Larsen and Frans Nielsen got a nice farewell by the Lukko fans before leaving Finland.

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:08 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Boeds, Philip Larsen and Frans Nielsen got a nice farewell by the Lukko fans before leaving Finland.

Cool, thanks.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Vip
Das it mane

vCash: 50
I can't wait to see how he plays this season..

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|

vCash: 450
Still unsigned... Why is this taking so long? No arbitration ... Is there a deal and GMDM is just waiting for him to get back from summer vacation to sign? Wish I knew what was happening.

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:52 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Maloney resigned Rundblad to a one-way deal about 500K less than what we were expecting, amid rumors he'd bolt to the KHL. Not worried at all about Boedker.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
Still unsigned... Why is this taking so long? No arbitration ... Is there a deal and GMDM is just waiting for him to get back from summer vacation to sign? Wish I knew what was happening.
Because they are avoiding burning any bridges. When you rush something involving someone's life, career, and this much money, things can get ugly quick. They are doing it the way they should. Boedker means a lot to us and we don't want to risk making him disgruntled. They will have him signed by training camp, I think.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:15 AM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
There may be some formality involving cash and ownership, but like IPreferPi said, not staying up late worrying about this. Boedker is a valuable piece, but I don't see a team money-whipping him (the stupid teams already blew their loads on the David Clarksons of the world) and haven't heard anything about any animosity. Given how f'ing hot it's been the last month, if I were Boedker, I wouldn't be in a super big hurry to come to town and sign the contract ... that can wait a few more weeks ...

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:20 AM
BUX7PHX

I think we may announce once ownership gets completely resolved. It does make sense that if Mikkel and his agent want to hammer out some sort of long term deal, they each want that assurance, and frankly, everyone does. Not filing for arbitration has to make it known that there is some sort of number in place, anywhere between 2 and 5 years and how we would like to spread that cost out.

The only remaining possibility is that the market swayed towards an uptick in salary that our management doesn't want to offer. Look at Winnipeg - they had so many RFAs, the team couldn't leverage one against the other and had to pay pretty hefty price tags (some players like Little are worth it, IMO). But then there's Couturier, who signed for the bridge contract people would like to see Boedker sign. Comparing some of the salaries to production, there are obvious good contracts and meh contracts, and that could have raised Boedker's market value alone. Shrewd move by his agent if he advised not filing, and waiting things out until market was further established.

I'm thinking the first scenario is more likely than the second.

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 02:57 AM
XX
... Waiting

Maloney has said he isn't big on paying for potential. If Boedker wants term, it's going to be based around his current production, which isn't anything to write home about. A bridge contract is probably in the best interests of everyone involved.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 04:13 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
There may be some formality involving cash and ownership, but like IPreferPi said, not staying up late worrying about this. Boedker is a valuable piece, but I don't see a team money-whipping him (the stupid teams already blew their loads on the David Clarksons of the world) and haven't heard anything about any animosity. Given how f'ing hot it's been the last month, if I were Boedker, I wouldn't be in a super big hurry to come to town and sign the contract ... that can wait a few more weeks ...
Haha for once Denmark has had a very hot July, so he wouldn't be escaping a lot

All of July has been 82-93degrees with clear skies and a VERY high humidity! I know it's hotter in Phoenix, but the humidity here makes it feel so much worse.

Back on topic:

Can't find the article, but Mikkel and his agent both said to Danish media, that Boedker has no interest in signing with other teams or filing for arbitration. He wants to stay in Phoenix.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 07-30-2013 at 04:28 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:12 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
He wants to stay in Phoenix.
He is a good kid. The moment he signed his last contract, he said he had to go out and earn it. Very affable, this dane. It makes him not being signed strange. Just about the last RFA I expected Maloney to have issues with. Could be an ownership thing. I suppose he could also be a part of a trade for another player that needs an extension, if we want to consider plausible scenarios.

Odd.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 11:02 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He is a good kid. The moment he signed his last contract, he said he had to go out and earn it. Very affable, this dane. It makes him not being signed strange. Just about the last RFA I expected Maloney to have issues with. Could be an ownership thing. I suppose he could also be a part of a trade for another player that needs an extension, if we want to consider plausible scenarios.

Odd.
Yeah; who knows if they are far apart or waiting on ownership or differing on # of year? I'd like to see him stay here; hoping that they can come to an agreement that they can all live with that keeps him here, that gets him here in time for camp.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I remember being told not worry about Wheeler and not to worry about Turris. "It's fine, they're going to sign. I wouldn't worry unless it's training camp and they haven't signed"...yeah, we all know what happened next. Both times the smoke did indeed lead to fire! To be clear, in no way am I associating Boedker with those ass clowns or saying he isn't going to sign, I'm just saying that until he is signed...I'll continue to be very nervous.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
RR

I wonder if the delay in signing Boedker and getting the details on the Rundblad signing have something to do with the sale, and who must approve the contracts. Lately all the announced signings have been 2-way AHL deals. Just a thought.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I wonder if the delay in signing Boedker and getting the details on the Rundblad signing have something to do with the sale, and who must approve the contracts. Lately all the announced signings have been 2-way AHL deals. Just a thought.
I really hope it's something like that!

Old
07-30-2013, 04:07 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I remember being told not worry about Wheeler and not to worry about Turris. "It's fine, they're going to sign. I wouldn't worry unless it's training camp and they haven't signed"...yeah, we all know what happened next. Both times the smoke did indeed lead to fire! To be clear, in no way am I associating Boedker with those ass clowns or saying he isn't going to sign, I'm just saying that until he is signed...I'll continue to be very nervous.
Apples to oranges, though. Boedker committed himself to establishing his two-way game and dutifully played bottom 6 minutes - ultimately Tippett rewarded him with top 6 minutes in the 2012 playoffs and last season. Turris groused and chafed with playing in a checking line role publicly.

Maloney will get this done.

Old
07-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Apples to oranges, though. Boedker committed himself to establishing his two-way game and dutifully played bottom 6 minutes - ultimately Tippett rewarded him with top 6 minutes in the 2012 playoffs and last season. Turris groused and chafed with playing in a checking line role publicly.

Maloney will get this done.
As I said, in no way am I associating Boedker with Wheeler or Turris, I get the situations are completely different. What I am saying is that the old adage where there's smoke, there's fire has proven to be true in the past for this franchise despite many at the time saying there was nothing to worry about. Well here we are again, there's most definitely smoke and most are saying not to worry about it. Until Boed's is signed, I'm going to be rightfully nervous that there's fire in there somewhere.

Old
07-30-2013, 05:54 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
As I said, in no way am I associating Boedker with Wheeler or Turris, I get the situations are completely different. What I am saying is that the old adage where there's smoke, there's fire has proven to be true in the past for this franchise despite many at the time saying there was nothing to worry about. Well here we are again, there's most definitely smoke and most are saying not to worry about it. Until Boed's is signed, I'm going to be rightfully nervous that there's fire in there somewhere.
Certainly understandable, but sometimes smoke is just smoke too. :-) How many times have we heard Yandle trade rumors (and get insufferably lectured by other fanbases on his trade value and ability as a player)? He's still here as a Yote. The Rundblad KHL rumors amounted to nothing, either. And don't forget most of us were really bearish on Tippett's, Maloney's, and Doan's future with the club. Fortunately for us, hope and optimism actually won out in their cases. :-)

Simply gotta look at this at a case by case basis. I just don't see anything resembling storm clouds regarding Boedker's future as a Yote. Of course I could be totally wrong, but until I have a good reason to doubt, I'll remain optimistic.

Old
07-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Certainly understandable, but sometimes smoke is just smoke too. :-) How many times have we heard Yandle trade rumors (and get insufferably lectured by other fanbases on his trade value and ability as a player)? He's still here as a Yote. The Rundblad KHL rumors amounted to nothing, either. And don't forget most of us were really bearish on Tippett's, Maloney's, and Doan's future with the club. Fortunately for us, hope and optimism actually won out in their cases. :-)

Simply gotta look at this at a case by case basis. I just don't see anything resembling storm clouds regarding Boedker's future as a Yote. Of course I could be totally wrong, but until I have a good reason to doubt, I'll remain optimistic.
Those are silly rumors, I take Boedker not signing yet much more seriously than those. Speaking of silly rumors, I wouldn't even hear about most of them if some of you didn't venture out into the swamplands of the mainboards and bring that stank back with ya! haha

Old
08-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Vandalay Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Haha for once Denmark has had a very hot July, so he wouldn't be escaping a lot

All of July has been 82-93degrees with clear skies and a VERY high humidity! I know it's hotter in Phoenix, but the humidity here makes it feel so much worse.

Back on topic:

Can't find the article, but Mikkel and his agent both said to Danish media, that Boedker has no interest in signing with other teams or filing for arbitration. He wants to stay in Phoenix.
No one really worries about those things, since it's way too late to file for arbitration and he can't sign with another NHL team without it being in the form of an offer sheet, which I really don't think Boedker is a target for. Usually offer sheets are only used for players in the +$4.5 million area, and Boedker is not in that area.

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
What I am saying is that the old adage where there's smoke, there's fire
what smoke?

there was no smoke with the other two bums, just a big middle finger to the Coyote's organization and fans.

we haven't had any smoke since GMDM took over.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
what smoke?

there was no smoke with the other two bums, just a big middle finger to the Coyote's organization and fans.

we haven't had any smoke since GMDM took over.
Ehh...Turris. Still, I think both sides are just being careful of expectations and a deal will be done soon.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Ehh...Turris. Still, I think both sides are just being careful of expectations and a deal will be done soon.
there was no smoke with Turris.... it started as a big fire.... just like Wheeler.

I think you're right about both sides being careful... hence no smoke.... just normal negotiation.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
DesertDawg

My guess:
MB won't finalize the contract until after the ownership saga has ended. Not that he would leave the organization, but he may take a longer contract, back loaded to stay (once new ownership takes over) vs a smaller up front contract (if the saga goes back to square one). I'm hoping when the Coyotes introduce new ownership, they will also announce Boed's new contract...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote