NBA Regular Season Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Nalyd Psycho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
That looks like way too much for the Bucks to be giving up and I doubt Pau would be very motivated if he was sent to Milwaukee.
The Bucks are a playoff team without a low post offensive threat. Pau would be motivated because he'd be used correctly. On a team that appreciates him.

Illsova had a great year last year but as a stretch 4 on a team that needs an inside scorer, he's not as valuable as he would be to LA. Udrih is a good back-up, but just a back-up. Udoh is young and could develop, but probably nothing more than a bench player. Same with Harris. LA gets a 4 who compliments Howard and depth. Milwaukee cashes their depth in for a solution to their post needs.

01-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
The Bucks are a playoff team without a low post offensive threat. Pau would be motivated because he'd be used correctly. On a team that appreciates him.

Illsova had a great year last year but as a stretch 4 on a team that needs an inside scorer, he's not as valuable as he would be to LA. Udrih is a good back-up, but just a back-up. Udoh is young and could develop, but probably nothing more than a bench player. Same with Harris. LA gets a 4 who compliments Howard and depth. Milwaukee cashes their depth in for a solution to their post needs.
The Bucks problem is trying to scratch their way to being a "playoff team" and getting trapped in the cycle of mediocrity, this would only contribute to that further for a couple of years, which is why it would actually be likely they'd do it because they seem determined to continue to be a 10-7th place team. They don't have Jennings locked down, if he is gone then the best thing they could do would be to get rid of Ellis and try to rebuild properly.

I imagine Gasol rather than be motivated would pout about being shipped to an average team that won't be competing for anything after coming from the bright lights and being accustomed to winning but it's merely speculation on how he would respond. Didn't he kick up a stink about not wanting to go to Houston?

Old
01-06-2013, 02:24 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
The Lakers window has closed. Time to rebuild.
Knicks are the favorites this year.

Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers. Clippers are the lone team with minimal playoffs experience.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:24 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Damn, Clippers rolled the Warriors

Old
01-06-2013, 02:28 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Is Dwight Howard sending cryptic messages to the media that there is a divide in the Lakers locker room?

Old
01-06-2013, 02:32 AM
mr gib

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
Is Dwight Howard sending cryptic messages to the media that there is a divide in the Lakers locker room?
probably should practise free throws

Old
01-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...lay-each-other

Good read, funny just how opposite Kobe and Howard are in regards to their personalities. Either way, things aren't looking good for the Lakers. Sad to see just how much Pau has regressed.
He has regressed but D'Antoni is ruining what's left of Pau's career with this offense. He is useless out there. Pau won't average 19 and 10 again but I think he'll do a lot better if he gets traded to another team.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers. Clippers are the lone team with minimal playoffs experience.
I feel confident we can beat all those teams in a 7 game series.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
The Bucks problem is trying to scratch their way to being a "playoff team" and getting trapped in the cycle of mediocrity, this would only contribute to that further for a couple of years, which is why it would actually be likely they'd do it because they seem determined to continue to be a 10-7th place team. They don't have Jennings locked down, if he is gone then the best thing they could do would be to get rid of Ellis and try to rebuild properly.

I imagine Gasol rather than be motivated would pout about being shipped to an average team that won't be competing for anything after coming from the bright lights and being accustomed to winning but it's merely speculation on how he would respond. Didn't he kick up a stink about not wanting to go to Houston?
I disagree. They'd have three all-star level players and a good mix of support players for them. Sanders would be a perfect center to compliment Gasol and Mbah A Moute would be the perfect PF to compliment him. I don't think Gasol is nearly as moody as people make him out to be. Dealing with Kobe would be enough to frustrate anyone.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Rhaego

Highlights of the night, Iggy with a killer crossover in there.

And yes I only post these when a Nugget is in them

Old
01-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Kershaw

Old
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Pau Gasol's only trade value if it's for a player that has the same age (ish) and salary and plays the same position. Only guy I could think of is Carlos Boozer.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Huh? The Clippers were getting their ***** kicked all night in Oakland. There was no reason for them to showboat. Not to mention just about every bench player on the Clippers plays a big role. They literally have no benchwarmers except for Ryan Hollins, who would play key minutes on a lesser team. The ones that were dancing like clowns after the Griffin 3 FAIL were bench warmers who only play in garbage time.
They were showing the Clippers up, but the teams don't like each other. I enjoy watching that stuff because it leads to more passionate, intense play when they meet again. The next 2 games should be tighter and much more intense and competitive.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
They were showing the Clippers up, but the teams don't like each other. I enjoy watching that stuff because it leads to more passionate, intense play when they meet again. The next 2 games should be tighter and much more intense and competitive.
Agreed. They were already rivals before, but for all the wrong reasons. It was a battle of who avoids finishing last. BTW, there's only one game left between them. Dubs are 2-1.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

I know they are the Wizards, but how do you manage to not score in the final 7?

Of all the players who would get an elbow to the nose, it's Gasol.

Last edited by KaylaJ: 01-06-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

wow two bad breaks for Howard here in clutch time. First the rebound then giveaway, then the block right to Gally and he drains the shot.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:03 PM
StringerBell

Lakers need to win these games. No excuses at this point.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Rhaego

Mamba is too good, but not good enough tonight. Nuggets are a weird team, when they play well they find ways to lose. When they play average or bad they find ways to win. I don't get it.

Regardless nice win Nuggs

Old
01-06-2013, 11:08 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

for some reason I have that Lakers channel on TW. I don't get the games but I get post game and it's always interesting. James Worthy just seems frustrated.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Biggest flaw right now is D'Antoni wanting a team full of old guys who are killer in the halfcourt to play with pace and run and gun with 3's. It is destroying the team. Our defensive rebounding isn't too good either.

I think the mistake should be corrected,this coach should be gotten rid of and I'm not at all in the minority in thinking so. The guy doesn't seem invested into coaching a winning team.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 01-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
I still think Artest shoots way too much.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
for some reason I have that Lakers channel on TW. I don't get the games but I get post game and it's always interesting. James Worthy just seems frustrated.
The games are blacked out? Why?

Old
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
The games are blacked out? Why?
I figure since I don't live in the LA market and they want me to pay for League Pass (there are 3 of them, 2 in English which I get and a Spanish one which I'd have to pay for-$7). As of a few weeks ago the replays also said "Black Out", but today it actually says Denver~Lakers on the English ones so I'll have to see if that has changed.

What's great is TW has this station on my cable package but I may not get Houston's new channel to watch the Astros, brilliant...

James Worthy: "It's February. I mean it's January, not December anymore." He also said "sour grapes" and mentions biting an apple

Last edited by KaylaJ: 01-07-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Lakers meltdown :

Quote:
Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just can’t get along, and there’s a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2HHEpewgi

Old
01-07-2013, 08:34 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
No worries, the Lakers have a competent coach that is capable of bringing the team together and.... oh wait, never mind!

Closed Thread