Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 50
1st and 3rd periods were very good for Sarnia tonight. 2nd not so much. Goldobin, Boucher, and Sarault are all on fire right now. Going to be very dangerous once Galchenyuk is back. Hopefully Goldobin will be able to continue to put up points on the 2nd line. Don't really see that being an issue with Latta out there with him though.

Fake Edit: For comedic value, I was sitting next to Dustin Jeffrey tonight and didn't even notice. Don't really know how that happened.

Fake Edit: Craig Duininck deserves the Dickie's Hardest Working player EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:33 AM
BoxerMax

vCash: 500
Does anybody have any updates on JP? Will he be playing tonight?

Old
01-05-2013, 01:25 PM
BoxerMax

Gibbie ‏@tgibson_radio
@JonPauly34 Didn't make the trip!! Precautionary...Welcome to the O @dawzy31 & @hergott_36!! #StingTalk #whatnoisedoesanOttermake

Well thats not good. Hopefully it is only this weekend and not long term.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:03 AM
massey

With the NHL strike over,Goodbye Gali,nice watching you develop,wish you well in Montreal.I hope this isnt a future comment from the sting team.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:08 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
With the NHL strike over,Goodbye Gali,nice watching you develop,wish you well in Montreal.I hope this isnt a future comment from the sting team.
I have been wondering bout Gally....this will be interesting in a short camp.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Shaun Bisson

I've got a feeling that with the combination of JP and Barrick hurt, plus the lockout ending (meaning the departure of Gally), we're going to see the Sting become sellers.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
lazyboy

I suspect Galy will be in Montreal. Had camp started in Sept I was fairly certain he would be returned to the Sting after missing pretty much all of last year. But given his season so far, with where Montreal finished in the standings last time out, with a shortened season and not considered a contender and especially considering the Habs cap situation for next season, I can see Montreal keeping him for a lesser role this year and having him more NHL ready for next year (something along the lines of Seguin with Boston). Selfishly I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, it was a pleasure to watch you Alex and best of luck at the next level

Old
01-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I still think you are getting him back, FWIW.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
I suspect Galy will be in Montreal. Had camp started in Sept I was fairly certain he would be returned to the Sting after missing pretty much all of last year. But given his season so far, with where Montreal finished in the standings last time out, with a shortened season and not considered a contender and especially considering the Habs cap situation for next season, I can see Montreal keeping him for a lesser role this year and having him more NHL ready for next year (something along the lines of Seguin with Boston). Selfishly I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, it was a pleasure to watch you Alex and best of luck at the next level
I think the biggest thing that allows Montreal to bring Gally to the Habs right now is that a 48 game season is short and long enough to get him his NHL legs and adjust to a new kind of game. 2013-14 he will be a 1st or 2nd line player and be expected to contribute big points, but this short season will be used as an in-game development period for him, in my opinion.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Tough tough situation for Sarnia if they potentially lose Galchenyuk. Clearly the team knew this might happen but I am sure that Beaulieu is having a long sit down with Bergevin and pleading his case too.

Skill-wise, Galchenyuk should be started in the NHL (and he will be for a brief stint at the minimum) but I have a hunch he could be returned due to the shortened season and burning of his ELC.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Tough tough situation for Sarnia if they potentially lose Galchenyuk. Clearly the team knew this might happen but I am sure that Beaulieu is having a long sit down with Bergevin and pleading his case too.

Skill-wise, Galchenyuk should be started in the NHL (and he will be for a brief stint at the minimum) but I have a hunch he could be returned due to the shortened season and burning of his ELC.
You're right. The situation regarding the ELC will be the biggest factor for Montreal. If he does make the transition to the big club, do you see Beaulieu blowing the team up?

Old
01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
lostinspace

As a casual lurker and part time poster, I want to say that the reason Sarnia has a better record away is that the away fans appreciate our talent better then we do. The last home game you could almost hear a pin drop during most of the game. If you want a championship team then we all better start acting like it

Old
01-06-2013, 05:17 PM
massey

Quote:

i also believe the ELC will be key whether Gali stays or goes.I also think Jocko can plead his case of what he has done with Gali also this year.He is on the #1 line in the OHL today.The sting are one key defenseman and forward away from being a serious contender.They have lots of 2013 draft to help achieve some players although maybe short on youth.

Hats off to the rookie Dawe in net.Today was his best game to date.3-0 is a good way to start.Although he is 19 he looked good for sure.What a relief.Congrats to the Sting for a great performance so far this year

Are we buyers or sellers?? Stay tuned

Old
01-07-2013, 07:24 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

If the cap is $64M then the Habs will be pretty tight against the cap (especially next year). With Galchenyuk's ELC cap hit ($3.225M via capgeek.com), that might be hard to wiggle him into their roster.

It doesn't affect much this season but prolonging that ELC under the new CBA is something they have to seriously think about.

Last edited by dean youngblood82: 01-07-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 AM
HockeyCritics

I honestly think Galy will stay with Stings

Old
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
If the cap is $64M then the Habs will be pretty tight against the cap (especially next year). With Galchenyuk's ELC cap hit ($3.225M via capgeek.com), that might be hard to wiggle him into their roster.

It doesn't affect much this season but prolonging that ELC under the new CBA is something they have to seriously think about.
The $64M cap is for 13-14 season. This years cap is still over $70M

Old
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritics View Post
I honestly think Galy will stay with Stings
It is Sting no Stings

Old
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
BoxerMax

Things are going to get interesting. Will Gally come back? I hope so but he is by far good enough to be playing in the NHL. What about Murphy too, I dont think he will stay in the desert, but he has been sold all year, and you never know.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
battlingBard56

I can see from his stats that he's having a great season, but obviously haven't been able to watch him play for myself. So I wanted to ask, how has Boucher looked recently? Thank you for any input you can give.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Things are going to get interesting. Will Gally come back? I hope so but he is by far good enough to be playing in the NHL. What about Murphy too, I dont think he will stay in the desert, but he has been sold all year, and you never know.
It is "solid" not sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
I can see from his stats that he's having a great season, but obviously haven't been able to watch him play for myself. So I wanted to ask, how has Boucher looked recently? Thank you for any input you can give.
Boucher has been good this season. He has certainly improved his consistency and seems to have found better chemistry with Sarault. He still lacks that ability to create offensive opportunities solely by himself as he doesn't have the breakaway speed or vision to do so. However, Boucher is playing to his strengths and that's finding the scoring areas and getting open to utilize his ridiculous shot release.

I should also mention that he is showing more confidence in his puck handling and that is a good sign. Last year and early in the season, Boucher seemed to always favour passing the puck as soon as he got it in the defensive zone but no he does occasionally rush it. Nice to see.

I still question his ability to become a regular NHLer but I think that will depend mostly on whether he can find the type of chemistry with a future player down the road like he has in Sarault (and Galchenyuk) in Sarnia. He's progressing in several areas and that is always a good sign with any prospect.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Sailed past the 1,000 post HF limit here, so please continue the discussion here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1317923

Closed Thread