HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Well...now that the lockout is over....expect Jacobs to send renewal invoices out next week, so he can try and get money faster.
Yeah...Usually March starts my 10 months of payments.

01-06-2013, 03:59 PM
mypitsthelife
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCup2011 View Post
So what's the guess at the minimum prices once tickets go on sale? I'm afraid to see what Jacobs is going to gouge customers for.
Interested in what you all guess as well

Old
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
beaverjc

Tickets

I am also an option 1'er and the right thing to do is lock in current prices for at least 3 years for STH that selected this option. They arent raising prices next season so we should get exemptions until at least the season after.

Regarding the autographed sticks - its my opinion based on past experience to expect little and if anything goes beyond that its gravy. I literally think we will get autographed mini plastic knee hockey sticks when in the past I was hoping for a game used Synergy stick from a player.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

I'm curious what they are going to try to force the people who bought the 10/11 game mini plans into. One would think the'd have the option of a complete refund. As they were buying specific games. As opposed to full STH's who are locked into every game. I imagine they either let you choose from a 5/6 game option or a full refund.

01-06-2013, 06:54 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I am also an option 1'er and the right thing to do is lock in current prices for at least 3 years for STH that selected this option. They arent raising prices next season so we should get exemptions until at least the season after.

Regarding the autographed sticks - its my opinion based on past experience to expect little and if anything goes beyond that its gravy. I literally think we will get autographed mini plastic knee hockey sticks when in the past I was hoping for a game used Synergy stick from a player.
There is hockey this year I don't see how Option 1 people feel extra taken advantage of or anything. Sure it might have looked like the wrong move when there might not have been a season but anyone who wants playoff tickets will have to commit to next year as well...so I fail to see how anyone who chose that will get any sort of raw deal.

I would like to see them not raise prices drastically for each playoff round this year.
That will make up for games being crammed into a small window and the other bs.

Raises of under or around 5 dollars per ticket are fine with me if the team wins the Cup and the demand is outrageous and thereby justifying them. The team deserves the extra money if the fact of the matter is resellers are selling tickets for 2-5 times cost since they can't double the prices or anything drastic.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
There is hockey this year I don't see how Option 1 people feel extra taken advantage of or anything. Sure it might have looked like the wrong move when there might not have been a season but anyone who wants playoff tickets will have to commit to next year as well...so I fail to see how anyone who chose that will get any sort of raw deal.

I would like to see them not raise prices drastically for each playoff round this year.

Raises of under or around 5 dollars per ticket are fine with me if the team wins the Cup and the demand is outrageous and thereby justifying them. The team deserves the extra money if the fact of the matter is resellers are selling tickets for 2-5 times cost since they can't double the prices or anything drastic.
Huh?
They deserve whatever they ask for and get.
They wont raise season ticket prices.
They are a dynamic pricing team and will charge expected market price in advance and then adjust the price as games approach.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I'm curious what they are going to try to force the people who bought the 10/11 game mini plans into. One would think the'd have the option of a complete refund. As they were buying specific games. As opposed to full STH's who are locked into every game. I imagine they either let you choose from a 5/6 game option or a full refund.
I'm a 10-game plan owner, and I'm wondering myself. We'll see.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:35 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.5%

Quote:
Yeah I am still waiting to hear back on this as well.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:43 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

Because if you selected option #1 you got a lower APR in exchange for a ticket price freeze. If option #2 gets you a higher APR/refund AND the same ticket price as option #1 then the end result is option #1 got the worse deal.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
gobruins14

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Because if you selected option #1 you got a lower APR in exchange for a ticket price freeze. If option #2 gets you a higher APR/refund AND the same ticket price as option #1 then the end result is option #1 got the worse deal.
That's actually not accurate. Option 1 was 3% APR w/Price Freeze while Option 2 was 1% APR w/Refunds.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
I'd be extremely surprised to see them attempt to raise prices. It would be a PR nightmare.

Prior to the last few months, I thought there was still a small chance they'd raise prices next year. But that was if they started around Thanksgiving and were having a great year. Even if they get off to a hot start, say .700 hockey or so, I can't see them raising prices. They usually announce renewal info in mid March. I don't think they's attempt to gouge just 2 short months removed from this PR nightmare.

But I put nothing past JJ's greed.
People are talking about a price freeze for the next couple of years. I think next year the prices should go down. I mean the prices won't/shouldn't go up.. but why should they stay the same? **** that they should go down. You just had a lockout shortened season, and i know we're all pretty loyal fans but that just ridiculous.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobruins14 View Post
That's actually not accurate. Option 1 was 3% APR w/Price Freeze while Option 2 was 1% APR w/Refunds.
You are correct.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:30 AM
NASCL

KPD tweeted that the rumored home opener is MLK matinee against the Leafs.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
People are talking about a price freeze for the next couple of years. I think next year the prices should go down. I mean the prices won't/shouldn't go up.. but why should they stay the same? **** that they should go down. You just had a lockout shortened season, and i know we're all pretty loyal fans but that just ridiculous.

My guess is at least 50% of the ST base took option 1. Which means the B's are guaranteed that $ for next year. With that high of a renewal rate before they even start their renewal push campaign, I highly doubt they would even consider dropping prices. I think the only way it would even enter their minds is if the first two months of games we come out of the gates and play horribly. By horribly I am talking well below .500 hockey.

Even if we just play .500 hockey, I still say there's no chance of a price increase.

Come March, if we aren't looking too sharp do not be surprised at all if they take a page out of the C's book from last year. They will do what they have to to get their high renewal rate.

The C's offered their loyalty (option 1) STH's a price freeze and a 8% APR. Come renewal time last year the reps extended the same offer to the disloyal (option 2) STH's. They were all given the same 8% interest rate...but never too any risk. Although JJ's measly 3% loyalty option was only 2% higher than the disloyal option, when push comes to shove and the renewal rate isn't what they were hoping for, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them give the same perks to everyone- price freeze + full 3% APR.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:54 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
My guess is at least 50% of the ST base took option 1. Which means the B's are guaranteed that $ for next year. With that high of a renewal rate before they even start their renewal push campaign, I highly doubt they would even consider dropping prices. I think the only way it would even enter their minds is if the first two months of games we come out of the gates and play horribly. By horribly I am talking well below .500 hockey.

Even if we just play .500 hockey, I still say there's no chance of a price increase.

Come March, if we aren't looking too sharp do not be surprised at all if they take a page out of the C's book from last year. They will do what they have to to get their high renewal rate.

The C's offered their loyalty (option 1) STH's a price freeze and a 8% APR. Come renewal time last year the reps extended the same offer to the disloyal (option 2) STH's. They were all given the same 8% interest rate...but never too any risk. Although JJ's measly 3% loyalty option was only 2% higher than the disloyal option, when push comes to shove and the renewal rate isn't what they were hoping for, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them give the same perks to everyone- price freeze + full 3% APR.
I just think coming off a shortened season and since in this town he lost the pr battle (even though tickets are selling) i see charlie or someone bending his ear to make it up to the fans. There will be some kind of concession... but we'll probabley get 1 free pretzle.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Hey....now that it's over....do we all bombard our reps with the "Where's my stick?" emails? LOL Poor guys. Tried to keep everyone happy with no good news and no real answers for so long. I bet they're thrilled to get ready to do "normal" work.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Hey....now that it's over....do we all bombard our reps with the "Where's my stick?" emails? LOL Poor guys. Tried to keep everyone happy with no good news and no real answers for so long. I bet they're thrilled to get ready to do "normal" work.
Wait until that mess unfurls. I believe based on seniority STH request what player stick they wanted. Everyone is expecting a game used Seguin signed stick when most of us will be getting a signed plastic mini knee hockey stick from Anton Khudobin.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
KPD tweeted that the rumored home opener is MLK matinee against the Leafs.
That would absolutely suck. 7 or 7:30pm games only.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-07-2013, 10:25 AM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.5%

I want/need free center ice!

Old
01-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

You guys are a grumpy group. Yea, the Bruins customer service isn't great. Yea, the perks kind of blow and it's not clear/consistent on how/when they will be administered. But you have the luxury of being a season ticket holder, paying far below box office prices to go to games and watch a team that (I asusme) you love.

Is it the best way to run a business? No. Is it annoying from time to time? Sure. Are some of the billing issues/errors we hear about inexcusable? Absolutely. But the amount of *****ing that happens around here about things like signed sticks (that will end up in a basement or garage for 75% of people) and locker room tours blows my mind. Suck it up, buttercups. We have some hockey to watch.

I'll be sure to get off your lawn now.

Last edited by Kate08: 01-07-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
That would absolutely suck. 7 or 7:30pm games only.
Not a chance. That makes it next to impossible to appeal to kids/families.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Not a chance. That makes it next to impossible to appeal to kids/families.
The first game back should be a night game. If you want matinee games, wait until Saturday like they normally do after Christmas.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
The first game back should be a night game. If you want matinee games, wait until Saturday.
There's been an MLK Day matinee for at least as long as I've had tickets.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
NASCL

MLK has been matinee for quite some time. The local bars/restaurants hate day games.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
You guys are a grumpy group. Yea, the Bruins customer service isn't great. Yea, the perks kind of blow and it's not clear/consistent on how/when they will be administered. But you have the luxury of being a season ticket holder, paying far below box office prices to go to games and what a team that (I asusme) you love.

Is it the best way to run a business? No. Is it annoying from time to time? Sure. Are some of the billing issues/errors we hear about inexcusable? Absolutely. But the amount of *****ing that happens around here about things like signed sticks (that will end up in a basement or garage for 75% of people) and locker room tours blows my mind. Suck it up, buttercups. We have some hockey to watch.

I'll be sure to get off your lawn now.
This killed me.. 1st world problems i guess. MY buddy keeps bothering me about the stick and getting a good one so we can sell it? really man.. I don't know how to unload a stick haha. I will admit i'm one of the first to *****, but i do spend hard earned money.. the least I want in return is a well runned, well communicated experience.

Closed Thread