HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658

I think when he says "I love Colorado and want to be there long-term" I think he really means, please trade me somewhere else.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
gdg9

vCash: 500
Franson + Kadri + Bozak for ROR +

(+ wouldn't be huge, more to even out # of contracts if required by COL)

Last edited by gdg9: 01-07-2013 at 10:11 AM.
gdg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdg9 View Post
Franson + Kadri + Bozak for ROR +

(+ wouldn't be huge)
Let me help you, it better have NEGATIVE VALUE and lots of it.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

I think when he says "I love Colorado and want to be there long-term" I think he really means, please trade me somewhere else.
I thought he meant he wants to go Toronto or he's never playing in the NHL?

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
I thought he meant he wants to go Toronto or he's never playing in the NHL?
And you can see it in his eyes that he wants to be traded for Bozak and a 4th specifically.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
gdg9

Quote:
Let me help you, it better have NEGATIVE VALUE and lots of it.
You may not like the specific players in that proposal, and that's fine.
Maybe the teams aren't good trading partners and a deal won't work.

But from a value standpoint...
- Another 3rd yr player in the same positon with almost identical points totals (106 vs 107) in less games played
PLUS
- A teams top forward prospect
PLUS
- a young 6'5" RFA Dman who has had some success in the NHL.

If you think that value is laughable (as your comment suggests) then you are absolutely dreaming about what you think you will get, given the premise set out in the original post of this thread (remember, the premise is that they can't come to a contract agreement, and ARE going to move him).

And before someone points it out, I'm aware Bozak is a UFA at season's end, but I highly doubt COL would have any problems signing the hometown boy to a contract extension at a decent price.
You could add it as a condition to the deal if you want.

Last edited by gdg9: 01-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:

- Another 3rd yr player in the same positon with almost identical points totals (106 vs 107) in less games played
PLUS
PLUS

If you think that value is laughable (as your comment suggests) then you are absolutely dreaming about what you think you will get, given the premise set out in the original post of this thread.

And before someone points it out, I'm aware Bozak is a UFA at season's end, but I highly doubt COL would have any problems signing the hometown boy to a contract extension at a decent price.
What does Colorado stand to gain from that deal though? A couple of could-be players for a player thats been in the NHL since he's been drafted? He also has more playoff experience then two of those players.

Colorado needs players that will help the team. None of them do that. Deal might even make us a bit worse plus its not like we already have dmen that can be or are as good as Franson in Elliot or Barrie.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
I don't see this thread getting far. After all, an Avs player is involved, and we all know that every Avs player is a golden god.
this Leaf fan gets it, why can't the rest of them?

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:43 AM
gdg9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
What does Colorado stand to gain from that deal though? A couple of could-be players for a player thats been in the NHL since he's been drafted? He also has more playoff experience then two of those players.

Colorado needs players that will help the team. None of them do that. Deal might even make us a bit worse plus its not like we already have dmen that can be or are as good as Franson in Elliot or Barrie.
How does it make you worse?!?
Under this scenario you already DON'T HAVE O'REILLY in your lineup.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
gdg9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew
I don't see this thread getting far. After all, an Avs player is involved, and we all know that every Avs player is a golden god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
this Leaf fan gets it, why can't the rest of them?
I'm starting to understand as well...

Old
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:

PLUS
PLUS

If you think that value is laughable (as your comment suggests) then you are absolutely dreaming about what you think you will get, given the premise set out in the original post of this thread.

A signed Ryan O'Reilly? I don't think I'm dreaming. lol

Value standpoint?

- Cody Franson has shown VERY LITTLE at the NHL level (I don't care how big he is) and he certainly IS NOT a top-4 d-man at this point. I know Leaf fans thought it was an amazing pick-up to get him along with a salary dump from Nashville for literally nothing but he just isn't anything special, sorry.

- Nazim Kadri has shown VERY LITTLE at the NHL level and while he's STILL a 21 year old prospect, there is still very much a lot of uncertainty with this player. [it's funny, because when other teams try to trade their prospects for an established LEAF, they are told that there are risks because X player is still a prospect. However, it's apparently not acceptable when Kadri is involved? ]

- Tyler 'Superstar' Bozak EVERY SINGLE LEAF FAN ON THE PLANET WANTS TO TRADE HIM, hmm, perhaps an indication of something? Nah, he's awesome and will only get better. The fact that you indicate that 3rd year player and 26 year old Tyler Bozak and 3rd year player and 21 year old Ryan O'Reilly are somehow CLOSE is hilarious.

My counter offer to this atrocity would be this:

Hishon - he's our top forward prospect
Ryan O'Byrne - he's 6'5" and has had some success
David Jones - Over the past 3 years, has scored 10 more goals and 1 less point in 24 less games (172GP 57G 41A 98PTS)

for

JVR - Over the past 3 years, has scored 1 more point in 24 more games (196GP 47G 52A 99PTS)

Sound good? Not too appetizing? Weird, because that is the exact same crappy offer you sent to us. The only difference is that I KNOW it's a crappy offer and wouldn't expect any knowledgeable Leaf fan to accept it.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:

Value standpoint?

- Cody Franson has shown VERY LITTLE at the NHL level (I don't care how big he is) and he certainly IS NOT a top-4 d-man at this point. I know Leaf fans thought it was an amazing pick-up to get him along with a salary dump from Nashville for literally nothing but he just isn't anything special, sorry.

- Nazim Kadri has shown VERY LITTLE at the NHL level and while he's STILL a 21 year old prospect, there is still very much a lot of uncertainty with this player. [it's funny, because when other teams try to trade their prospects for an established LEAF, they are told that there are risks because X player is still a prospect. However, it's apparently not acceptable when Kadri is involved? ]

- Tyler 'Superstar' Bozak EVERY SINGLE LEAF FAN ON THE PLANET WANTS TO TRADE HIM, hmm, perhaps an indication of something? Nah, he's awesome and will only get better. The fact that you indicate that 3rd year player and 26 year old Tyler Bozak and 3rd year player and 21 year old Ryan O'Reilly are somehow CLOSE is hilarious.

David Jones - Over the past 3 years, has scored 10 more goals and 1 less point in 24 less games (172GP 57G 41A 98PTS)

for

JVR - Over the past 3 years, has scored 1 more point in 24 more games (196GP 47G 52A 99PTS)

Sound good? Not too appetizing? Weird, because that is the exact same crappy offer you sent to us. The only difference is that I KNOW it's a crappy offer and wouldn't expect any knowledgeable Leaf fan to accept it.

S3rkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
gdg9

Quote:

The fact that you indicate that 3rd year player and 26 year old Tyler Bozak and 3rd year player and 21 year old Ryan O'Reilly are somehow CLOSE is hilarious.

for

Except the whole premise of this thread is that O'Reilly is NOT signed, and WILL NOT sign with COL!!!

Also, no where did I state Bozak is equal to O'Reilly. That's why a top-prospect, plus another decent piece were added to the deal.
All I stated is that their point totals were comparable... the point being Bozak is worth far more than you give credit for.

As for your attempt at a sarcastic counter proposal... if JVR was in the same hypothetical situation (ie. NOT signed and NOT WILLING to sign), that proposal you made probably WOULD be in the ballpark of what to expect!
Not saying I would necesarrily take the exact deal you stated, but it would definitely be in the ballpark of what could be realistically expected.

(Thankfully JVR is signed long-term, so it's a moot point)

Anyway... as the person stated earlier, this thread is going nowhere.

I'm tired of trying to argue and reason with people who clearly don't have the proper reading comprehension to even understand the original purpose of this thread.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

vCash: 50
Avs - Leafs = Bad trading partners (at least fan base value wise)

As soon as there is a thread with an Avalanche center it's almost like its an open invitation to Leaf fans offering Bozak, Franson or Kadri.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Drydenwasthebest

I am unsure of the value, but what about something around O'Reilly and Desharnais? O'Reilly is younger, Desharnais is cheaper. They had similar point totals last year. Maybe each side adds a pick or some kind of prospect to make a balance?

I am the first to admit I do not want to trade DD, and want to see how he does for us this season, but I have liked ROR since he played minor league hockey. In any case, I am looking into this as a value idea, not because I actually want to trade DD. I am just curious.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I am unsure of the value, but what about something around O'Reilly and Desharnais? O'Reilly is younger, Desharnais is cheaper. They had similar point totals last year. Maybe each side adds a pick or some kind of prospect to make a balance?

I am the first to admit I do not want to trade DD, and want to see how he does for us this season, but I have liked ROR since he played minor league hockey. In any case, I am looking into this as a value idea, not because I actually want to trade DD. I am just curious.
As a fan of both teams I can safely say that O'Reilly brings more to the table and if he was to get traded it wouldn't be for an undersized pivot, he would most likely be used to bring in a potential top pairing d-man.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Except the whole premise of this thread is that O'Reilly is NOT signed, and WILL NOT sign with COL!!!

Also, no where did I state Bozak is equal to O'Reilly. That's why a top-prospect, plus another decent piece were added to the deal.
All I stated is that their point totals were comparable... the point being Bozak is worth far more than you give credit for.

As for your attempt at a sarcastic counter proposal... if JVR was in the same hypothetical situation (ie. NOT signed and NOT WILLING to sign), that proposal you made probably WOULD be in the ballpark of what to expect!
Not saying I would necesarrily take the exact deal you stated, but it would definitely be in the ballpark of what could be realistically expected.

(Thankfully JVR is signed long-term, so it's a moot point)

Anyway... as the person stated earlier, this thread is going nowhere.

I'm tired of trying to argue and reason with people who clearly don't have the proper reading comprehension to even understand the original purpose of this thread.
It has nothing to do with reading comprehension and everything to do with VALUE. You believe that RoR being an unsigned RFA, lowers his value, when it doesn't. It just DOES NOT. I don't care if that's the ridiculous premise of the thread, it doesn't lower his value.

Let's say the Avs try to sign RoR and it's just not working out. They make him available to all 29 other teams. Do you seriously believe that they won't be able to do better than the horrible, lame-ass offer you proposed?? Because that's what you SAID.
"If you think that value is laughable (as your comment suggests) then you are absolutely dreaming about what you think you will get, given the premise set out in the original post of this thread (remember, the premise is that they can't come to a contract agreement, and ARE going to move him)."
As usual, we receive a take-it-or-leave-it horrible proposal for a bunch of players that you wouldn't mind getting rid of and a "you won't be able to do better than that" comment at the end of it. This isn't new.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Why are we obligated to be interested in a proposal not containing pieces we need?

Elliott > Franson
Sgarbossa = Kadri (to us)

Soooo... Bozak to replace O'Reilly whom wouldn't sign with us is what it boils down to.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Drij

Bozak and a 2nd round pick for Stastny.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

To Colorado:

D Jake Gardiner
C Tim Connolly

To Toronto:

C Ryan O'Reilly
D Shane O'Brien

Leafs aren't going to get O'Reilly for a pile of scraps, Gardiner would get their attention. Connolly gives Colorado an offensive replacement up the middle in the their top 9 or a guy to flip somewhere for futures. O'Brien provides depth and toughness at a decent cap hit for Toronto.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
To Colorado:

D Jake Gardiner
C Tim Connolly

To Toronto:

C Ryan O'Reilly
D Shane O'Brien

Leafs aren't going to get O'Reilly for a pile of scraps, Gardiner would get their attention. Connolly gives Colorado an offensive replacement up the middle in the their top 9 or a guy to flip somewhere for futures. O'Brien provides depth and toughness at a decent cap hit for Toronto.
That seems like a bad proposal. Putting aside Connolly's questionable value, you realize that he is a UFA at the end of the season?

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
To Colorado:

D Jake Gardiner
C Tim Connolly

To Toronto:

C Ryan O'Reilly
D Shane O'Brien

Kinda like it... fills needs for both teams, with decent value.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:05 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Kinda like it... fills needs for both teams, with decent value.
Replace Connolly with Bozak and O'Brien with Wilson and I think the Avs do it. They just resigned O'Brien... Colorado really does not operate that way. Or I would be starting Jones trade threads all day long.

Wilson is better than O'Brien yes but Bozak is better than Connolly and fits what I would imagine the Avs being happy with as a third line center.

For all the fun that we make of Bozak I could totally see the Avs going after him as a UFA to fill the third line role if we traded one of our centers anyways.

Personally I like the Kulikov idea better but I don't really see a center FLA would part with in the same type of deal.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Replace Connolly with Bozak and O'Brien with Wilson and I think the Avs do it. They just resigned O'Brien... Colorado really does not operate that way. Or I would be starting Jones trade threads all day long.

Wilson is better than O'Brien yes but Bozak is better than Connolly and fits what I would imagine the Avs being happy with as a third line center.

For all the fun that we make of Bozak I could totally see the Avs going after him as a UFA to fill the third line role if we traded one of our centers anyways.

Personally I like the Kulikov idea better but I don't really see a center FLA would part with in the same type of deal.
They just re-signed Wilson as well...their deals were a few weeks apart.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
They just re-signed Wilson as well...their deals were a few weeks apart.
Yeah but the difference was that Wilson was a RFA not a UFA. He wasn't going anywhere anyways without a trade.

CobraAcesS is online now   Reply With Quote