HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leaf Talk - With Andy Frost?

Old
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost

vCash: 500
Leaf Talk - With Andy Frost?

So, I read last season that AM 640 will no longer be doing Leaf Talk and that TSN will be taking over. Sad to see Mr.Frost lose his job. Long time listener. Any idea who will be replacing him?

InterceptSchenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
mapleleaf979

I heard him do a commercial on TSN radio. It was non-hockey but I was thinking it was good sign. Leafs game night isnt complete without Andy. His perspective is very sharp.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Cor
I'm Not Drunk

vCash: 50
I could see the Fan 590, or TSN Radio picking him up to do it.

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Everlong
-

Didn't they scrap Leafs Talk with Andy a long time ago? Maybe it just seems that way. I did stop listening to it a couple years back though. Too many ridiculous callers. Nothing very productive/insightful.

The Fan has a pretty decent post-game show with Jeff Sammuit.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

I heard their radio broadcasts would be split between the Fan 590 and TSN Radio 1050. So I guess any post game show would be on whatever station each specifc game.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I heard him do a commercial on TSN radio. It was non-hockey but I was thinking it was good sign. Leafs game night isnt complete with Andy. His perspective is very sharp.
Maybe if he actually listened to the callers opinions instead of rewording them into his own it might be a good show.The guy barely lets someone finish a sentence.He's great on Q107 though.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Didn't they scrap Leafs Talk with Andy a long time ago? Maybe it just seems that way. I did stop listening to it a couple years back though. Too many ridiculous callers. Nothing very productive/insightful.
640 did. They moved away from sports. TSN has to pick him up, Andy is a gem on the radio. Who else cant live without people calling in mentioning a prospect on our team called "Nigel Cadboury" with a bright future?

Old
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Paris in Flames

Andy Frost has like...9 other jobs. Losing a job or two probably good for him.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Dark Passenger

Frost is a legend and someone should pick him up to run the show on another station. Memories of shooting up the DVP after a game at the Gardens, listening to Frosty.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Action Jackson

Dissapointing news, great show

Action Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Dissapointing news, great show
A good chance TSN picks it up. Not alll is lost.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I heard him do a commercial on TSN radio. It was non-hockey but I was thinking it was good sign. Leafs game night isnt complete without Andy. His perspective is very sharp.
He does a bunch of those. I've heard him do a commercial on the Fan.

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
He is both an MLSE and Corus employee.

I'm not sure if something could be worked out with the enemy.
I think Nattress and Sammut are pretty good.

The name "Leaf Talk" most likely cannot be used.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Mike from Buffalo will feel the effects the most

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
Mike from Buffalo will feel the effects the most
**** him

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:11 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterceptSchenn View Post
So, I read last season that AM 640 will no longer be doing Leaf Talk and that TSN will be taking over. Sad to see Mr.Frost lose his job. Long time listener. Any idea who will be replacing him?
Q107 i heard

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:40 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

Good riddence to Andy Frost who was one of those annoying MLSE homeristic biased boot licking tools they have in abundance on Leafs broadcasts that i can't stand. Frost was just as pathetic as Bowen Millen Hendricks Ralph Dumblevy McGill and Osborne they should all be dumped they suck. Unbiased objective commentary is better.

And hopefully the FAN 590 post game show won't be hosted by that hack Vito from Woodbridge.

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

fan590 has leaf games this yr
why was i hearing the leafs were to be on tsn1050 back in the summer?

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

It was announced months ago that Leafs games would be split between the FAN590 & TSN1050. Thankfully Andy Frost will not be doing Leafs Talk anymore.

TSN1050's signal sucks they need to improve it or they are going to get a lot of heat from pissed off Leafs fans outside of Toronto.

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 01-07-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 04:50 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

The Fan has a pretty decent post-game show with Jeff Sammuit.
That's what made the show great.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
Good riddence to Andy Frost who was one of those annoying MLSE homeristic biased boot licking tools they have in abundance on Leafs broadcasts that i can't stand. Frost was just as pathetic as Bowen Millen Hendricks Ralph Dumblevy McGill and Osborne they should all be dumped they suck. Unbiased objective commentary is better.

And hopefully the FAN 590 post game show won't be hosted by that hack Vito from Woodbridge.
All the guys you mentioned work for MLSE, just like every other team has their own commentators who focus on their own team. They're not supposed to be unbiased and objective. It's networks like the CBC or NBC that have a responsibility to be unbiased.

If you don't like that fact, and want ALL broadcasts to be completely objective and unbiased, that's fine, but your complaint is with the entire sports broadcasting industry, not these guys.

Joey Hoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post

If you don't like that fact, and want ALL broadcasts to be completely objective and unbiased, that's fine, but your complaint is with the entire sports broadcasting industry, not these guys.
Complete BS!

Have you ever listened to the play by play broadcasts of the most popular sports on the planet the world cup of soccer the euro cup of soccer and the NFL? Apparantly not because the commentating is as objective as it gets that's one major reason why these sports are a million times more popular around the world than the NHL where teams like the Leafs have annoying biased unlistenable commentators.

Order Leafs tv and listen to Foster Hewitt and his son Bill Hewitt call Leafs games in years past they were great nowhere near the annoying homers like Joe Bowen and Greg Millen are. And when the team hasn't won jack since 67 and made the playoffs in 7 years and we got Bowen & Millen constantly going off about how great the Leafs are looking and sounding like fools it's an embarrassment.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Complete BS!

Have you ever listened to the play by play broadcasts of the most popular sports on the planet the world cup of soccer the euro cup of soccer and the NFL? Apparantly not because the commentating is as objective as it gets that's one major reason why these sports are a million times more popular around the world than the NHL where teams like the Leafs have annoying biased unlistenable commentators.

Order Leafs tv and listen to Foster Hewitt and his son Bill Hewitt call Leafs games in years past they were great nowhere near the annoying homers like Joe Bowen and Greg Millen are. And when the team hasn't won jack since 67 and made the playoffs in 7 years and we got Bowen & Millen constantly going off about how great the Leafs are looking and sounding like fools it's an embarrassment.
Neither the Hewitts or any of the other guys you just mentioned are employed by the teams they commentate. You don't watch local broadcasts of the NFL or European soccer.

Seriously, next time Bowen does a game, find a stream or the other teams' broadcast and see for yourself.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Neither the Hewitts or any of the other guys you just mentioned are employed by the teams they commentate. You don't watch local broadcasts of the NFL or European soccer.

Seriously, next time Bowen does a game, find a stream or the other teams' broadcast and see for yourself.
My 49ers play the Packers this weekend and 49ers fans don't have to worry about crappy biased commentators like the Leafs have ruining the game the NFL commentators always call the game as objectively as it gets.

Seriously what you don't seem to get is that only Leafs fans enjoy biased annoying commentators.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
My 49ers play the Packers this weekend and 49ers fans don't have to worry about crappy biased commentators like the Leafs have ruining the game the NFL commentators always call the game as objectively as it gets.
That's because it will be a Fox or NBC broadcaster, not one employed by the 49ers or the Packers.

Quote:
Seriously what you don't seem to get is that only Leafs fans enjoy biased annoying commentators.

Try harder to understand what I'm telling you.