HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 01:11 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Id do Omark for Mason
Id also do PRV + 3rd for Luongo. Id even be willing to do Hemsky for Luongo if both sides added some pieces to make it work (im not sure what theyd be)
Really? I think everyone would do that and not bother thinking about it. Plus an amnesty safety net? That's fantastic

Just got back from Fernie - HfOil's got NHL hockey back. Looks like a good weekend.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:30 AM
DousedInOil

Thanks Bob!

No thanks Steve Mason.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:46 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

I must thank Bob for clarifying up one of his bigger Brain Farts , and people should realize this was all about ratings and had no hockey sense in it at all.
Some people seriously need to get a life if they believe that the Oilers would trade for either Luongo or Bouwmeester. Either trade could cripple the Oilers for years, especially the Luongo one, and do really you think the Canucks would trade him to a division opponent. The Bouwmeester idea has a Stauffer personal interest, due to his friendship with Bouwmeester's family, should be taken as another one of his many Brain Farts.

The fact is the Oilers need to get some size in their top 6, especially at C and maybe a RHS physical Dman. The Oilers will be a better team in this short season, but their still not a playoff team, and it is ridiculous to think otherwise.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:08 AM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I must thank Bob for clarifying up one of his bigger Brain Farts , and people should realize this was all about ratings and had no hockey sense in it at all.
Some people seriously need to get a life if they believe that the Oilers would trade for either Luongo or Bouwmeester. Either trade could cripple the Oilers for years, especially the Luongo one, and do really you think the Canucks would trade him to a division opponent. The Bouwmeester idea has a Stauffer personal interest, due to his friendship with Bouwmeester's family, should be taken as another one of his many Brain Farts.

The fact is the Oilers need to get some size in their top 6, especially at C and maybe a RHS physical Dman. The Oilers will be a better team in this short season, but their still not a playoff team, and it is ridiculous to think otherwise.
You do realize this is more or less the same group that signed Horcoff to a 6 year 33 million contract, right?
Not to mention naming Ethan Moreau captain and giving a 67 year old Pat Quinn a head coaching job. Or having Kevin Prendergast as the head scout, the same KP that assembled the last WJC team and chose Pouliot over Parise. Ect ect.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:25 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
You do realize this is more or less the same group that signed Horcoff to a 6 year 33 million contract, right?
Not to mention naming Ethan Moreau captain and giving a 67 year old Pat Quinn a head coaching job. Or having Kevin Prendergast as the head scout, the same KP that assembled the last WJC team and chose Pouliot over Parise. Ect ect.
When they clean house a couple of years ago, which I think it was more of Tambo's doing, they missed Kevin Lowe.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I find the Redden and Regher/Leopold ideas intriguing. I would be expecting a nice bonus to take Reddens deal for the season. Katz isn't going to spend that kind of money buying a guy out for nothing significant.
I like the idea of Regehr. He would add a lot of bite to the backend. Right now he is probably more of a third pairing guy but he still knows how to play.

Some have said that Buffalo is in cap trouble. That is actually not true. They have lots of cap space right noiw and will be fine going forwrad. What they do have is a lot of salary on the books. Regehr gets $4M this year which is a lot to pay a guy for #4/5 minutes. I think I also heard that he might not mind coming back west. If you could get him cheap I think he works well for this team right now.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 330
Before reading any posts I'll post a quick thought. Given that buyouts can happen not only after this season but next season, should we really be expecting the same type of movement that we would've if those buyouts were this summer? Are there all that many teams in need of cap space like last time?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:05 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Gillis is apparently nuts with what he is asking for. Rumour has it he wants Florida to offer up Bjugstad+ and at the draft wanted either Gardiner +the 5th or our 1st overall. Unless he gets a good dose of reality, buying RL out may be his only option.
I wouldn't call him nuts, just like the CBA negotiations he was/is taking his time.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:08 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Why would you want Steve Mason? What possibly value could he bring to this team
Well there is a slight chance that a new environment gets the kid going again, although I would've done a deal last year. One in which you could've sent him to the AHL to regain his game. Now I fear there just isn't time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Thanks for the info Bob. Much appreciated
x2

As a side, didn't Tencer mention a wow a week ago or something?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Well there is a slight chance that a new environment gets the kid going again, although I would've done a deal last year. One in which you could've sent him to the AHL to regain his game. Now I fear there just isn't time.
I doubt it, he's lost his game, not that he had much game to begin with (see James Reimer), he's best left to his own devisices, he can either get his game together in the minors or over seas, or he can just fade away, that's the point he's at right now.

Quote:
As a side, didn't Tencer mention a wow a week ago or something?
I'm getting the sense that there may have been a "wow" move before the new year, but now it's more an effort to get listeners - "Hey, we have info, Hey, listen, Inside info, LISTEN" etc.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:20 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I doubt it, he's lost his game, not that he had much game to begin with (see James Reimer), he's best left to his own devisices, he can either get his game together in the minors or over seas, or he can just fade away, that's the point he's at right now.

I'm getting the sense that there may have been a "wow" move before the new year, but now it's more an effort to get listeners - "Hey, we have info, Hey, listen, Inside info, LISTEN" etc.
Ya I'm very doubtful on Mason, but that's why a Bulin for Mason deal made sense last year. Throw the kid in OKC see if he could regain his game and give him a shot for this year. Now it's pretty much useless as neither OKC or the Oil really have time to work with the kid and his head issues.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:24 AM
undertow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Before reading any posts I'll post a quick thought. Given that buyouts can happen not only after this season but next season, should we really be expecting the same type of movement that we would've if those buyouts were this summer? Are there all that many teams in need of cap space like last time?
considering that this years version of the oil are sitting at 63mill, and eberle and hall get huge raises next season. for the oil to be under 64mill for next season means even more rookies in the lineup or some very cheap veterns. even if horc is bought out, thats still a center position that would need to be filled. only save maybe 3mill in that move and might end up with lower quality player.
plus teams that are sitting good with the cap for next season will be able to get some good players cheap on the trade block. should be a interesting and busy shortened off season.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:29 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
considering that this years version of the oil are sitting at 63mill, and eberle and hall get huge raises next season. for the oil to be under 64mill for next season means even more rookies in the lineup or some very cheap veterns. even if horc is bought out, thats still a center position that would need to be filled. only save maybe 3mill in that move and might end up with lower quality player.
plus teams that are sitting good with the cap for next season will be able to get some good players cheap on the trade block. should be a interesting and busy shortened off season.
Why rookies? Fill it with the 1mil vets that are available every year.

Are rookie bonuses still allowed to go over the cap? If so there's about 8.5mil of space as well.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:01 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
The back up goalie won't be making $3.75 million next season. Souray's $1.5 million buyout falls off next season. Hall's raise is only $2.25 million from a cap perspective. Eberle's raise is $4.84 million. Plus there is always the option of buying out Horcoff.

I suspect that it will be too challenging to resign/replace Whitney, resign Gagner, and resign Smid without pulling the trigger on Horcoff.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
BowDangles

I wonder if we will see a trade frenzy next week when the GMs can execute trades... The Oilers do still need another Dman.. but this buyout situation might stop teams from dumping decent players...

Old
01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I wonder if we will see a trade frenzy next week when the GMs can execute trades... The Oilers do still need another Dman.. but this buyout situation might stop teams from dumping decent players...
IMO the Oilers would best take a wait and see approach to their D at the beginning of the season. The price for a D their looking for could be a little too steap, if Peckham returns to form, I would have no problem with what they have.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I don't think we see much until a later date. Be some movement as teams will need to fill out rosters and such.

Kinda shocked neither side really said anything about having a bigger roster size to start the year. With a short training camp, I'm sure teams would like a longer look at certain players, even if meant only in practice.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
I like the idea of Regehr. He would add a lot of bite to the backend. Right now he is probably more of a third pairing guy but he still knows how to play.

Some have said that Buffalo is in cap trouble. That is actually not true. They have lots of cap space right noiw and will be fine going forwrad. What they do have is a lot of salary on the books. Regehr gets $4M this year which is a lot to pay a guy for #4/5 minutes. I think I also heard that he might not mind coming back west. If you could get him cheap I think he works well for this team right now.
I agree. With a $64.3M second year cap, the Sabres have over $9M in cap space not including raises to Enroth and Hodgson to sign a 3rd line winger and one top 4 defenseman (assuming a guy like Pysyk makes the team by next year).

I'd also welcome Regehr on my team and don't think he's been as bad as his numbers. He was a healthy minus and didn't put up many points, but he was put in a lot of really tough situations in Buffalo playing almost exclusively in defensive zone situations and against the toughest opposition possible.

01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
He could make Devan Dubnyk look really, really good

Old
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
frag2

Quote:
Negative value

Old
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Psychoil

Is there gonna be a trade deadline? If so, when do you guys think?

Old
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
Is there gonna be a trade deadline? If so, when do you guys think?
Rumored to be April 5

Old
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Not sure where to put this until I see more confirmation.

from https://twitter.com/coreypronman

Quote:
Wow... RT @SlavaMalamud: Swedish Federation has announced a new agreement with the NHL. No player younger than 22 allowed to leave for NA
Does that mean no Klefbom for another 3 years?

Edit: that was quick. Phew.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
Quote:
The Swedish news are not true. A badly translated report in the Russian media. Clubs have 4 years to sign players, not 2. Sorry, and exhale.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

That's quite the mistranslation.

Reminds me of the joke about the Freudian slip and passing the salt

Old
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Then Gagner replaces Raymond on the RW--where he probably belongs to begin with.
Why would they want that though?

Raymonds already outproduced Gagners best year and brings a ton of speed, something that Gagner doesn't have.

If Gagner is an ugprade over Raymond i'd say it's pretty minor. Too minor to give up Luongo anyways.

Closed Thread