HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM
izzys

vCash: 500
posa for 2nd 2013 or 2014 ( bye )

pav for a 2nd 2013 or 2014 plus a warm body ( bye )

time to clean house start fresh let kids play to get a feel of the ohl and go from there

Old
01-07-2013, 09:35 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
posa for 2nd 2013 or 2014 ( bye )

pav for a 2nd 2013 or 2014 plus a warm body ( bye )

time to clean house start fresh let kids play to get a feel of the ohl and go from there
IMHO The Spits would take either offer.....BUT.....

b) because Pavelka is a goalie & an import (a bad combination) the warm body coming back would almost surely be an import or an over ager of no significant value.

a) The offer for POSA is too high.....betting the Spits would take a 3rd.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
London has two imports that aren't going anywhere. The other three teams could be fits though, and if the Spits are going to bid for next years Memorial Cup than they NEED to trade Koko. I would like to hear definitively that Koko is coming back as well. It's been nothing but speculation at this point. If he is coming back and is being traded, the time to trade him would be now while the trade deadline and availability of the potential NHL kids is up in the air. Koko would be the sure thing acquisition rather than hoping/gambling on a Strome not making the show this year.

I don't know How Pavelka would be worth a "King's Ransom" either, I mean he'd be solid enough to give a wannabe contender real depth at goalie, but I don't think he automatically supplants any current No.1's on contenders.

Spits should get a free or cheap OA this week, as non-contenders ship their better ones to contenders, and then contenders have to cut/trade one of their current ones. Some players traded to a bad team from their current contender will not report to certain situations.

Nobody will offer a deal he can't refuse for Posa.
I did read Koko's coach had said he wasn't returning to his KHL club although I can't find the quote anywhere...

I concede 'King's Ransom' might have been better worded. How about 'good value'?

I agree O/A coming our way will be on the cheap at the last moment UNLESS we are forced to accept one as a deal breaker in a larger trade.

As for Posa I doubt if he goes anywhere unless Spits get a 3rd. Big problem is he's arguably a top 4 D-Man on a horrid defense.(unless we pick up a solid 93 D-Man with some knowledge of the defensive game.)

Old
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
OHLTG

Posa seems like a clear case of "he's more valuable to us than another team." While he's not a point producer, he's reliable on the line and great in the room. Sure, you could deal him for a mid-round pick, but does that help us? Not really.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:06 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Posa seems like a clear case of "he's more valuable to us than another team." While he's not a point producer, he's reliable on the line and great in the room. Sure, you could deal him for a mid-round pick, but does that help us? Not really.
How do we know the room is good? There have been no fewer than 3 players only meetings and other meetings where coaches have called players out on the carpet. You can use the meme "being good in the room" but when the facts seem to dictate otherwise the meme seems to ring hallow.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:16 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
How do we know the room is good? There have been no fewer than 3 players only meetings and other meetings where coaches have called players out on the carpet. You can use the meme "being good in the room" but when the facts seem to dictate otherwise the meme seems to ring hallow.
Just because other players aren't doing their job doesn't mean Posa isn't good in the room. From all I've seen, he's fine.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Ottomatic

So he's went to "great in the room" to "fine" in a couple posts. I think he's a good kid, but I don't know if he's really seen as the leader of the lockerroom or team even if he wears the C. He basically got it by default given our lack of 20 and 19 yr olds this season. He'd be a good bottom pairing defenceman, a no drama guy on or especially off the ice that coaches wouldn't have to worry about if a contender came sniffing. But he's more valuable to us than what I suspect would be offered.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Spitsfan191

Koko set to return--per spits website
General Manager Warren Rychel is pleased to announce centre Alexander Khokhlachev is returning to the Spitfires this week after winning bronze with Team Russia on home soil in the 2013 World Junior Hockey Championships.

Khokhlachev played two seasons with the club (2010-12) before opting to begin this season playing professionally in Russia for Moscow Spartak, where he posted two goals and five assists in 26 games.

Rychel claimed Khokhlachev on re-entry waivers back on October 5th, paving the way for his return.

"We're thrilled to have Koko back with the club," Rychel said. "He adds an element of speed and scoring up front that will inject some excitement into our club. The biggest thing is he has the ability to make our other players better as we make a push for the playoffs."

Khokhlachev has averaged more than a point a game as a Spitfire: posting 59 goals and 86 assists (145 points) in 123 regular season games and another nine goals and eleven assists in 19 playoff games.

He will be in the lineup on Thursday, January 10th, as the Spitfires host Brampton at 7:05 p.m.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Ottomatic

Yuck. It means we're not trading him. Kerby needs a centerman to do all the work and feed him gimmes.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:10 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Yuck. It means we're not trading him. Kerby needs a centerman to do all the work and feed him gimmes.
Need win games Otto to grab that 8th seed unless Warren will use is other 5 cards available and bolster this team. Short term gain for long term pain is the new motto.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Monty81

Alexander Khokhlachev to rejoin Spitfires

http://www.windsoressexsports.com/20...oin-spitfires/

Old
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Need win games Otto to grab that 8th seed unless Warren will use is other 5 cards available and bolster this team. Short term gain for long term pain is the new motto.
If I were him I would use all 5 cards both for now and in the future

Still 3 or 4 guys that should be moved

I do think that the return of Koko,Seiloff and HoSang will improve the team but

more needs to be done/added

Old
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Looks as if WR is under the impression Koko will ride in on his white horse and save the day. Doesn't it look as if WR will only make a few minor changes now? Certainly hope not. This helps us score a few more but it's only one piece of the big puzzle.

This move alone gives us a shot to finish 8th and the opportunity to face the Knights.

Still 5 cards to play...................CAN YOU SAY DEFENSE

Old
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hawks3

I bet if Posa gets traded he will quit. He is to close to home to give it up for 1/2 a season.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
OurHometown
HFB Partner

KOKO is back...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0093.php

Old
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Just because he says "he will be In the line-up Thursday" does not mean he will,did you expect him to say that he plans on moving him..I know WR has said some stupid things in the past but maybe he just isn't showing his hand...and honestly just because KOKO comes back I really don't think it will drastically improve this team, the best thing for nex year is to trade him but maybe koko said he only way he is coming back is if he plays in a Windsor Spitfires Jersey, the next couple days should be interesting.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Spitsfan67*

I bet in the news conference tommorow that question will be asked about possibly trading Khoklachev.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Just because he says "he will be In the line-up Thursday" does not mean he will,did you expect him to say that he plans on moving him..I know WR has said some stupid things in the past but maybe he just isn't showing his hand...and honestly just because KOKO comes back I really don't think it will drastically improve this team, the best thing for nex year is to trade him but maybe koko said he only way he is coming back is if he plays in a Windsor Spitfires Jersey, the next couple days should be interesting.
I just don't think they would have announced him back with the team if the intent was to trade him. They could have sat on the news for a couple days and traded him today, tomorrow or Wednesday.

Kerby Rychel|Alexander Khokhlachev|Chris Marchese
Ben Johnson|Brady Vail|Josh Ho-Sang
Zach Lorentz|Michael Clarke|Ryan Verbeek
Sam Studnicka|Emerson Clark

Old
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Kerby Rychel|Alexander Khokhlachev|Chris Marchese
Ben Johnson|Brady Vail|Josh Ho-Sang
Zach Lorentz|Michael Clarke|Ryan Verbeek
Sam Studnicka|Emerson Clark
Unless there are trades by Thursday,that is exactly the lineup I

go with upfront,good job

Old
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
SpItFiReZ

Would be nice if Boston agrees to send Koko back next year if we are given the Memorial Cup.

A couple of changes, a gaurentee of Koko back....you never really know.

That being said, if not, I would hope Rychel tries to deal him for the future knowing playoffs will be a tough one this year and Koko will end up in the A.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Ottomatic

^I don't think there is a remote chance that Boston would send him back, nor would he agree to some back. Playing with grown men might have been a bit of a rude awakening for him this year, but he still needs to step up in competition and having a second rounder sent back for an OA season would cast a poor light on the Boston scouting as well.

One benefit to keeping Koko this year is it will give Ho-Sang somebody to pattern his game off of a bit. Koko has the dangle razzle dazzle young Josh loves, but he also isn't afraid to play physical and fight for the puck in the corners. Koko is the takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin' type and hopefully that rubs off on Ho-Sang, if nothing else. Along with looking for his own shot when it's there.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
SpItFiReZ

I don't think there is much of a chance either but that would be the only way Rychel can justify not dealing him.

Playoffs are a long shot and if we do, we would be in tough to get more then 4 games in. I just hope he doesn't keep Koko for Kerby.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
I bet if Posa gets traded he will quit. He is to close to home to give it up for 1/2 a season.
What if he were to be traded to Plymouth or Saginaw? You can bet he isn't being shopped, however if a contending team came to WR wanting him to bolster their run,WR would present the chance to Posa. These days most trades are made based on 'the condition the player reports and plays at least 1 game'. One exception was the trade by the Spits of Derek Schoenmakers to the Petes (who screwed up) and didn't attach the conditions.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:18 PM
RayzorIsDull

Gene Pereira talking about how Khokhlachev will be moved, Patrick King of Sportsnet re-tweeted it.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Ottomatic

I think Posa would choose to stay and remain Captain than chase a play-off run with a new team for four months UNLESS he felt the trade would be too good for the Spits next year and beyond sorta deal.

Closed Thread