HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Toydarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow View Post
considering that this years version of the oil are sitting at 63mill, and eberle and hall get huge raises next season. for the oil to be under 64mill for next season means even more rookies in the lineup or some very cheap veterns. even if horc is bought out, thats still a center position that would need to be filled. only save maybe 3mill in that move and might end up with lower quality player.
plus teams that are sitting good with the cap for next season will be able to get some good players cheap on the trade block. should be a interesting and busy shortened off season.

Going into next season, EDM has a cap payroll of $48,450,000 and 14 players signed (9F, 4D, 1G) leaving $15,850,000 in cap space to sign 9 players (~4/5F, 3/4D, 1G).

Notable players needing new contracts going into 2013/14: Smid (currently @ $2.25M), Gagner (currently @ $3.20M), Whitney (currently @ $4.00M), Jones (currently @ $1.50M)

Smid and Gagner will need raises, I can't see Whitney getting more than $4.00M and Jones might get a slight increase.

If Horcoff is bought out, that gives EDM $21,350,000 in cap space.

All things considered, I think EDM is in a pretty decent position cap wise.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
Going into next season, EDM has a cap payroll of $48,450,000 and 14 players signed (9F, 4D, 1G) leaving $15,850,000 in cap space to sign 9 players (~4/5F, 3/4D, 1G).

Notable players needing new contracts going into 2013/14: Smid (currently @ $2.25M), Gagner (currently @ $3.20M), Whitney (currently @ $4.00M), Jones (currently @ $1.50M)

Smid and Gagner will need raises, I can't see Whitney getting more than $4.00M and Jones might get a slight increase.

If Horcoff is bought out, that gives EDM $21,350,000 in cap space.

All things considered, I think EDM is in a pretty decent position cap wise.
agreed, especially with Hall and Ebs signing their deals and assuming RNH and yak have similar if not identical deals then we are sitting good with the core signed imo

Old
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Not sure where to put this until I see more confirmation.

from https://twitter.com/coreypronman

Does that mean no Klefbom for another 3 years?

Edit: that was quick. Phew.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
Even if it was, I don't think Klefbom has a contract in the SEL beyond this year.

01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
HockeyOrDie
Hockey Hockey Hockey

Kane trade watch could kick in soon:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg130107.html

Old
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Even if it was, I don't think Klefbom has a contract in the SEL beyond this year.
Klefbom's contract is up this year in the SEL. Also the SEL/NHL new agreement only pertains to players drafted from 2013 and on, so Klefbom is not covered under the new agreement.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:56 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
That's why that twitter post freaked me out. I thought the NHL had come to an agreement that would force Klefbom to re-sign in Sweden for another few years.

I'm glad that isn't the case, I am really looking forward to seeing him in training camp next Sept.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
That's why that twitter post freaked me out. I thought the NHL had come to an agreement that would force Klefbom to re-sign in Sweden for another few years.

I'm glad that isn't the case, I am really looking forward to seeing him in training camp next Sept.
i'm looking forward to seeing klefbom next year as much as i am to seeing yakupov this year... klefbom looks like he could be the best oilers dman drafted in a long, long time .... he was one of the best, if not the best, dman in the SEL before he got hurt (as a 19 year old)... he will likely need a year in the AHL, but the future looks bright for him

man it feels good to talk about hockey again, instead of CBA, CBA, lockout, CBA, fehr, etc etc

Old
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
jmoss45

Quote:

Yeah I can't wait to see Klefbom. By all accounts it sounds like he's ready for the next step.

It's nice too because unlike the 1st overalls who cost 3 mil+ against the cap, being a lower 1st rounder he will count for considerably less.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 394
Quote:
Not sure where to put this until I see more confirmation.

from https://twitter.com/coreypronman

Does that mean no Klefbom for another 3 years?

Edit: that was quick. Phew.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
That is awesome news. Give the players some time to mature as an adult, instead of rushing them over.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i'm looking forward to seeing klefbom next year as much as i am to seeing yakupov this year... klefbom looks like he could be the best oilers dman drafted in a long, long time .... he was one of the best, if not the best, dman in the SEL before he got hurt (as a 19 year old)... he will likely need a year in the AHL, but the future looks bright for him

man it feels good to talk about hockey again, instead of CBA, CBA, lockout, CBA, fehr, etc etc
Doesn't it though?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
Yeah I can't wait to see Klefbom. By all accounts it sounds like he's ready for the next step.

It's nice too because unlike the 1st overalls who cost 3 mil+ against the cap, being a lower 1st rounder he will count for considerably less.
Does anyone know if this matters or not? Last CBA you could go over the cap with rookie bonuses, heard rumblings that could change?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyOrDie View Post
Kane trade watch could kick in soon:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg130107.html
He would definitely add some size to our top 6. Would Winnipeg be willing to take on some salary back in the form of Hemsky? I'm not sure what the Jets want back though.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:39 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
That is awesome news. Give the players some time to mature as an adult, instead of rushing them over.
22 is a little old though. Imagine if you were a 1st overall draft pick and had to wait four years to go to the NHL, that would be insane. I honestly doubt you will ever see a Swede go in the top 10 picks ever again.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Koto

why would wpg trade kane...makes no sense, hes their franchise player with a new contract.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
22 is a little old though. Imagine if you were a 1st overall draft pick and had to wait four years to go to the NHL, that would be insane. I honestly doubt you will ever see a Swede go in the top 10 picks ever again.
I'm pretty sure that's not what it means. What it means is a team has 4 years to sign a guy before losing his rights, instead of the normal 2 that it is now.

Don't think it means you can't play in the NHL until you are 21 or 22.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
He would definitely add some size to our top 6. Would Winnipeg be willing to take on some salary back in the form of Hemsky? I'm not sure what the Jets want back though.
They would want the moon. And they'd be right to ask. The only way I see Kane getting moved is if it is for another top young player that a team might be having trouble signing. So basically, Subban, O'Reilly or Benn. Kane would be great here, but they would want one of our big 5 for certain.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Obviously it would be nice to have Kane as he's a stud goal scorer but the price would be too high... it would take one of the big 5 going the other way for sure... and the Oilers are already strongest on the wings so I don't think the Oilers are even in the conversation for him.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:47 PM
TowMater14

Not sure where to put this, but has anyone received any confirmation of Yakupov on his way back yet?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Not sure where to put this, but has anyone received any confirmation of Yakupov on his way back yet?
Nothing I have heard yet, but he does have a contract with us. So unless the Oilers tell him he can stay or he wants to forgo IIHF tournaments from this point forward, I'd say that he'll be here.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
ClydeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Obviously it would be nice to have Kane as he's a stud goal scorer but the price would be too high... it would take one of the big 5 going the other way for sure... and the Oilers are already strongest on the wings so I don't think the Oilers are even in the conversation for him.
I'd do Yak straight up for Kane. He fits the team needs better and there are less question marks surrounding Kane.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
I'd do Yak straight up for Kane. He fits the team needs better and there are less question marks surrounding Kane.
There are plenty of question marks surrounding Kane. That's the only reason the Jets would think of moving him. He's apparently got a bit of an ego and isn't very coachable.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Fuhryous

Steve Tambellini was just on Spector's noon hour radio show.

Spector asked if there is any smoke to the Luongo tweet Mckenzie put out into Twitterverse, and paraphrasing Tambellini's response, he first off stated he is unable to discuss trades (without an active CBA in place) but then in the same breath flat out denied it. We all know this would be the expected answer, but it was how Tambellini answered it. With the tone of his voice you could tell he was telling the truth. Even Spector picked up on the tone and also firmly believes the Oilers are not in on Luongo. Tambellini pretty much wants to see what Dubnyk can do if given the reins.

As for Yakupov and TC in general, Tambellini stated he has the strength for the NHL game but wants to see how he performs and isn't penciling him into the lineup with "so and so". He wants to see how he performs in camp. With a shortened camp and likely no exhibition games, he will more than likely get his 9 game shake and go from there. As for Schultz, unless he for some reason has an awfully brutal camp he'll be on the team, which isn't a shock.

Further to TC, he doesn't want too big of a camp because he wants the regulars to be skating as much as possible prior to the first game. He also gave an update to Ryan Jones. He didn't say how he hurt it, but it happened last month and he had to have surgery on it the same day so it was pretty significant. He has an appointment tomorrow in Minnesota to see how it is healing/progressing, where Jones is at the moment.

Edit: Apparently Jones took a puck to the eye during a training session; Tambellini expects everyone to be in Edmonton (minus Jones) later this week for those wondering about Yakupov.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/01/0...rogress-in-ahl

Last edited by Fuhryous: 01-07-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Added article.
Old
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
So would I. Let the Jets gamble, Kane would certainly fit what we need here. The question for me is around why Kane got into this trade demanding state... Edmonton isn't much better than Winnipeg for these types.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
gqmixmaster

I think yak needs to be dangled as a piece of a package that returns us a proper dman or goalie say someone like subban, not sure what goalie would be available throw yak at though.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
There are plenty of question marks surrounding Kane. That's the only reason the Jets would think of moving him. He's apparently got a bit of an ego and isn't very coachable.
And Yakupov doesn't.

Closed Thread