HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to Sign Subban

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
niftymove

vCash: 500
I'm not a PK hater....at least not yet.

I'm just questioning his ''devotion'' to the Habs.

The guy is already a star in NHL. So he has a huge value right now imo.

If it happens he represents a threat to the team chemistry, I'm no more that opposed to a trade, since it could be a good one for the Habs.

If the signing goes wrong how about something like D. Hamilton and 2013 1st choice from the Bruins if he would like to play with bro

Old
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post

If the signing goes wrong how about something like D. Hamilton and 2013 1st choice from the Bruins if he would like to play with bro
Hell No. Trading him IN our division to one of our biggest rivals, who we face a ton of times in the regular season and potentially in the playoffs? You nuts?

Old
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
niftymove

I know I know!

I can't forget PK's devasting hits. I can't forget the time he erased the smile in Marchand's ratface.....and lost the peewee fight against him!

But just imagine the fever at Bell Center! Insane!

Old
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

If it happens he represents a threat to the team chemistry, I'm no more that opposed to a trade, since it could be a good one for the Habs.

Why would you question his devotion? He's said like a billion times he wants to play in Montreal, not some canned "will go where i have to to get my just value" response.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

You trade Subban to Phoenix or Columbus or somewhere far far far far like Los Angeles where he can become a Hollywood celebrity. Nuff said.

Phoenix for OEL++ or Brandon Gormley ++ or Yandle ++ or to Columbus for Murray++ or to LAK for Dougthy...Not to Boston!!!!!

I support Denidd's opinion. I understand what you're saying.

Last edited by Jabba11: 01-07-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Subban has a long career ahead of him with us, to think otherwise is lunacy.
However, the thought of Subban playing on any of our division rivals would give me a heart attack

Old
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
NJHABSFAN

If the Canadiens don't sign Subban I repaint my kids room to Ranger colors and become a Homer. SIGN HIM YOU STUPID BA**&(%DS!!!!!

Old
01-07-2013, 01:13 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Some people really think management won't resign Subban? He's our best defenseman + best marketing tool + probably the most popular player on the team...

Old
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

He's a Habs fan. Why wouldn't he be devoted?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

And Detroit, the only one that would theoretically offer-sheet Subban, must tread carefully.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Shred

Mathias Brunet thinks Subban won't be signed in time for the season start... I wonder if he knows something we don't or if he's just being a pessimist as usual...

Old
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

He grew up a fan of the Habs, has never shown anything but the utmost pleasure in being a Hab, even when things weren't going well for him. He's matured and grown into a role that most kids would have been crushed under in a city that has more pressure and unrealistic expectations than most. His only complaint is that he wants to be a Hab LONG term and want a long term contract.

Just out of curiosty, what kind of player do you think we'd get in return for a guy like PK and do you think they'd thrive as he has under the intensity of the Montreal media and fan pressure? I don't think you'd get nearly back what PK brings in emotion, personality and talent in any scenario.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

But you're questioning his ''devotion'' based on false negative speculations. I mean, you said it was because you saw him at the Boston table during the draft but that was because they got his bro. Then you mentioned charity work in Toronto, but that's his hometown and there's a high percentage of players that give back to their hometown, nothing new here.
Meanwhile, he's said many times he loves playing here, wants to re-sign here. Heck, hasn't he been a fan of the Habs since being a kid??

I really don't get why you question his devotion. Really, you base this on an opinion based off misunderstood interpretations of events. Even more so surprising, once people cleared away those speculations of yours, you stick by them...

Boston would be ecstatic to make that trade, are you kidding me? And why in God's name would you even think of trading PK to Boston?? What is wrong with you man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
You trade Subban to Phoenix or Columbus or somewhere far far far far like Los Angeles where he can become a Hollywood celebrity. Nuff said.

Phoenix for OEL++ or Brandon Gormley ++ or Yandle ++ or to Columbus for Murray++ or to LAK for Dougthy...Not to Boston!!!!!

And why would LA give us Doughty?? Someone you said PK doesn't even compare to but now suggesting a heads up deal for..
If you think PK is worth Doughty, then why not keep him considering he'll be making less cash?
You're not making any sense at all.

It makes no sense to me that a Habs fan would want to trade our best young player. Especially not when it's based on the fact he was seen at the Boston table during the draft (bro got drafted there) or because of charity work done in his hometown.
The guy has done nothing but work and perform since joining us. He works so damn hard that he's even too intense for some other players in practice, which creates some pushing and shoving. How do some idiots in the media interprete that? Oh, he's a poison. Maybe trading him would be a good idea. Some fans eat that crap right up. It's pathetic.

Not one person has come up with a viable excuse to trade PK.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not one person has come up with a viable excuse to trade PK.
Racism imo

Old
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
He wants a long term deal because that is what the other players got (Max, Price) but he needs to realize that those are 3rd contracts by those two, where he is coming off his ELC. They both had 2 year deals before they got a long term deal. He needs to understand that the age at which you get a long term deal is important.

This needs to get done today, the habs can't leave this hanging.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I don't believe you'll see anything official until the CBA is ratified by both sides. And the NHL doesn't even meet with the BoG until Wednesday. Look for Subban news a day or two prior to camp.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
He wants a long term deal because that is what the other players got (Max, Price) but he needs to realize that those are 3rd contracts by those two, where he is coming off his ELC. They both had 2 year deals before they got a long term deal. He needs to understand that the age at which you get a long term deal is important.

True, but both of those guys still had to prove themselves when their ELC was up.
PK doesn't need to prove himself as much. He needs to step up his game and improve in certain areas, but there is no denying the fact this guy is solid in his own zone, has amazing skills and already is a great Dman. He is ahead of both those guys.

MaxPac had never produced all that much, and just got destroyed by Chara just when he was starting to. Made sense for him to get a small deal.
Price, we had just moved Halak and there was a lot of question marks around him. Not to mention the extra pressure he had now to absolutely perform or be destroyed by media/fans. Him too, made sense.

PK is already a beast. I have no problem signing him to a long term deal. It's actually better for him to sign a shorter term deal because he's gonna be worth even more two years down the road.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:04 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

PK Subban will be traded to edm or philly..

Old
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
PK Subban will be traded to edm or philly..
philly?

No. Seriously -

Old
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I don't believe you'll see anything official until the CBA is ratified by both sides. And the NHL doesn't even meet with the BoG until Wednesday. Look for Subban news a day or two prior to camp.
Thanks, I had forgot about the ratification need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
True, but both of those guys still had to prove themselves when their ELC was up.
PK doesn't need to prove himself as much. He needs to step up his game and improve in certain areas, but there is no denying the fact this guy is solid in his own zone, has amazing skills and already is a great Dman. He is ahead of both those guys.

MaxPac had never produced all that much, and just got destroyed by Chara just when he was starting to. Made sense for him to get a small deal.
Price, we had just moved Halak and there was a lot of question marks around him. Not to mention the extra pressure he had now to absolutely perform or be destroyed by media/fans. Him too, made sense.

PK is already a beast. I have no problem signing him to a long term deal. It's actually better for him to sign a shorter term deal because he's gonna be worth even more two years down the road.
Ya you are right. Especially about him requiring more money after a 2 year deal.

If he is UFA at 28, then I would offer him a 4 year deal at about 3.5-4. I just wouldn't want him to get UFA.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
philly?

No. Seriously -
For Claude Giroux

Old
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
He grew up a fan of the Habs, has never shown anything but the utmost pleasure in being a Hab, even when things weren't going well for him. He's matured and grown into a role that most kids would have been crushed under in a city that has more pressure and unrealistic expectations than most. His only complaint is that he wants to be a Hab LONG term and want a long term contract.

Just out of curiosty, what kind of player do you think we'd get in return for a guy like PK and do you think they'd thrive as he has under the intensity of the Montreal media and fan pressure? I don't think you'd get nearly back what PK brings in emotion, personality and talent in any scenario.
Well. then. trade for NHL players or prospects who would thrive in Montréal. Subban may enjoy being with the Habs but that doesn't stop him from being greedy. We have to assume that his salary and contract length are giving Bergeron indigestion.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Well. then. trade for NHL players or prospects who would thrive in Montréal. Subban may enjoy being with the Habs but that doesn't stop him from being greedy. We have to assume that his salary and contract length are giving Bergeron indigestion.
Yeah "Bergeron" just had a piece on TSN's website re-iterating how it was the Habs number one priority to sign Subban. "Bergeron" has gotten everything else done so far, this should be taken care of quickly.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
CN_paladin

Guys remember how long it took the team to sign Theodore when Meehan represented him several years ago?

Meehan must be quite the pain in the butt to deal with for any GM let alone for a rookie like Bergevin.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

oel++? doughty???

phoenix and LA would have to be clinically retarded to do this. he's better than gormley, somewhat comparable to yandle while still not as good as him. murray? he was just drafted...

calling pk greedy? he hasn't said a word about his contract issues other than to say that he lets meehan handle it. if subban is greedy, then del zotto, benn and o'reilly (ryan, not bill) also have to be put in the 'greedy players' category.

and that's not even talking about how sad our already depressed-looking blue line would look without him

this is really mind boggling to read to be honest...

Closed Thread