HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leaf Talk - With Andy Frost?

Old
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
MapleLeafGardens*

vCash: 500
The NFL and the soccer cups employ objective commentators not employed by the teams for a reason...BECAUSE IT'S BETTER UNBIASED COMMENTARY AND THAT'S WHAT FANS WANT!!

The Leafs like to attach a mic to the mouths of 2 homers so biased on the play calling they have given a whole new meaning to the mute button. This is the way the Leafs want their games called and i don't agree with it. It's also one of the reasons we get trolled so much other teams fans think our play by play guys are a joke.

Danny Gallivan was employed by Montreal and was the best ever NHL commentator ever and he was nowhere near as biased and annoying as Bowen & Millen for the Leafs are not even close.

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

so leafs are on tsn1050 and fan590
strange

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 2 - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafGardens View Post
The NFL and the soccer cups employ objective commentators not employed by the teams for a reason...BECAUSE IT'S BETTER UNBIASED COMMENTARY AND THAT'S WHAT FANS WANT!!

The Leafs like to attach a mic to the mouths of 2 homers so biased on the play calling they have given a whole new meaning to the mute button. This is the way the Leafs want their games called and i don't agree with it. It's also one of the reasons we get trolled so much other teams fans think our play by play guys are a joke.

Danny Gallivan was employed by Montreal and was the best ever NHL commentator ever and he was nowhere near as biased and annoying as Bowen & Millen for the Leafs are not even close.
Every team in the League employs their own broadcast team and they are all homers.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:

Joe Bowen isn't a homer. He has to be one of the best play-by-play guys in the league

Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Joe Bowen isn't a homer. He has to be one of the best play-by-play guys in the league
Bowen is a homer. He always wants the Leafs to win and gets excited and happy when they do. To deny it is to reject what makes him such a great voice to listen to as a Leaf fan.

He's definitely a reasonable homer, though. When a Leaf does something stupid, or when a player on the opposing team does something amazing, he usually doesn't ignore it or try to explain it away like most homer announcers do *cough*JackEdwards*cough*.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:39 PM
MapleLeafGardens*

The TSN1050 radio signal sucks and i'm telling you guys right here and now that if nobody complains to TSN and Bell about it's crappy signal it will not improve.

This is 2013 there is no excuse for a multi billion dollar company like TSN/Bell to not improve 1050's radio signal especially now that Leafs games are being broadcast on this channel. Leafs fans should be contacting TSN & Bell and complaining!!

MapleLeafGardens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
The TSN1050 radio signal sucks and i'm telling you guys right here and now that if nobody complains to TSN and Bell about it's crappy signal it will not improve.

This is 2013 there is no excuse for TSN & Bell to not improve 1050's signal especially now that Leafs games are being broadcast on this channel. Leaf fans should be contacting TSN & Bell and complaining!!
You know Joe Bowen is probably going to be doing the TSN games now right?

Joey Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:02 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

This is 2013 there is no excuse for a multi billion dollar company like TSN/Bell to not improve 1050's radio signal especially now that Leafs games are being broadcast on this channel. Leafs fans should be contacting TSN & Bell and complaining!!
Do people actually listen to radio stations on radios anymore? Most people I know listen to radio stations over the web on their smartphones or tablets.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Do people actually listen to radio stations on radios anymore? Most people I know listen to radio stations over the web on their smartphones or tablets.
When driving somewhere, yes. Otherwise, no.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
so leafs are on tsn1050 and fan590
strange
Why is it strange? The two major owners of MLSE decided to split the Leafs games between their Toronto-based sports radio stations.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
black charger

Quote:
My 49ers play the Packers this weekend and 49ers fans don't have to worry about crappy biased commentators like the Leafs have ruining the game the NFL commentators always call the game as objectively as it gets.

Seriously what you don't seem to get is that only Leafs fans enjoy biased annoying commentators.
Different animal,national broadcast.If you didn't notice the show is called Leafs talk and the channel is Leafs TV,what do you expect.Have you ever heard the guy that does the Boston home games,way worse than these guys.

By the way,does anyone remember when Sabres games were broadcast OTA,the guys that called those games are the main reason I dislike the Sabres.

black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
black charger

Quote:
Yeah,I do shift work and that's my only contact with the outside world.

I also like to blast tunes from the radio in my car.

Last edited by black charger: 01-07-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Add more
black charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:29 PM
NewFang

Quote:
I take it you don't drive or know anyone who drives?

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:02 AM
mapleleaf979

Jan 14th

Andy Frost twitter

"Post Game Show on @am640, starting on Sat night, will be called just that, "The Post Game Show". Looking forward to the calls."

https://twitter.com/AndyFrostQ107

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:06 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

id rather listen to coast to coast reruns if its talk 640
or fish oil infomercials

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

Loved Frost's perspective and hockey insight on Leaf Talk, but something about his voice is really annoying - I miss Stormin' Norman Rumack!

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Ron Wilson*

Stopped listening to Andy Frost and Leafs talk simply because of "Mike in Buffalo". Andy gives this guys like 20-30% of the show to ramble on about his silly views of the Leafs and garbage analysis. Mike in Buffalo says the stupidest things and the only reason why he keeps getting on is because he strokes Frost's ego.

Anybody that disagrees with Frost, Andy rips into them, yells over them, and hangs up on them when it's their turn to rebuttal. Frost is immature for an old fart and his love for his number one fan is nauseating.

Ron Wilson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Darcy Tucker

I think the late night vampire is back on the fan? I used to listen to him religiously as a kid. When he had the hammer-head alert gimmick and would have coronaries on the air debating Dan Marino and Troy Aikman I would die laughing. I'll never forget how he accused Gary from Scarborough of being a coke head on the air "I have a cold" lolol

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:52 AM
BlueandWhite72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wilson View Post
Stopped listening to Andy Frost and Leafs talk simply because of "Mike in Buffalo". Andy gives this guys like 20-30% of the show to ramble on about his silly views of the Leafs and garbage analysis. Mike in Buffalo says the stupidest things and the only reason why he keeps getting on is because he strokes Frost's ego.

Anybody that disagrees with Frost, Andy rips into them, yells over them, and hangs up on them when it's their turn to rebuttal. Frost is immature for an old fart and his love for his number one fan is nauseating.
"Good evening Mr.Frost.."

BlueandWhite72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Ron Wilson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandWhite72 View Post
"Good evening Mr.Frost.."
lol so tilting. Honestly turned the station. Checked back every 2-3 min and didn't tune back in till Mike in Barfalo was gone

Old
01-18-2013, 01:04 AM
sangreale

Quote:
My 49ers play the Packers this weekend and 49ers fans don't have to worry about crappy biased commentators like the Leafs have ruining the game the NFL commentators always call the game as objectively as it gets.

Seriously what you don't seem to get is that only Leafs fans enjoy biased annoying commentators.
Is this really your position?

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Ron Wilson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
Is this really your position?
Wow that guy needs to listen to Glenn Healy on HNIC. lol and try listening to a Boston or Pitsburgh broadcast

Old
01-18-2013, 01:41 AM
keonsbitterness
Don't vote for Ford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
I'll never forget how he accused Gary from Scarborough of being a coke head on the air "I have a cold" lolol
I hate Rumack, but that was one of the best sports radio calls I've ever heard.

There was another call around the same time from a guy who claimed he was involved in making Hollywood movies, and Norm mocked him for ten minutes straight.

Always used to see Rumack back then by himself at Fran's reading piles of magazines.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:38 AM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsdude7 View Post
Bowen is a homer. He always wants the Leafs to win and gets excited and happy when they do. To deny it is to reject what makes him such a great voice to listen to as a Leaf fan.

He's definitely a reasonable homer, though. When a Leaf does something stupid, or when a player on the opposing team does something amazing, he usually doesn't ignore it or try to explain it away like most homer announcers do *cough*JackEdwards*cough*.
Couldn't disagree more with that. Bowen used to be a reasonable homer, now he's a pathetic shill. He spends half of every game whining about non-calls of what he deems to be penalties against the other team. I've gone from loving him to just hating his voice over the last ten years or so. Huge, huge change from his glory days.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonsbitterness View Post
I hate Rumack, but that was one of the best sports radio calls I've ever heard.

There was another call around the same time from a guy who claimed he was involved in making Hollywood movies, and Norm mocked him for ten minutes straight.

Always used to see Rumack back then by himself at Fran's reading piles of magazines.
Same on Rumack. Another one was the guy who claimed he went to Boston College but didn't know the name of the arena. That was sad. lol

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote