HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oil change season 3

Old
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

vCash: 500
Oil change season 3

Oil change is back with season 3. I like seeing the behind the draft stuff.

https://twitter.com/OilChange3/statu...24914392481793

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Wheatking

It's a cool show but it started to get a little old. Just going game by game(loss by loss) and showing highlights from ice level got boring and a little depressing. I think they need more player interviews and footage of them between periods or away from the rink.

Boys on the Bus gave us Gretzky hammered while telling a hunting story and the great slurred quote, "that's my puck....and you guys get your own puck". We need more of that

2 minutes in

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Dabomb

Longest Oil change ever!

But I'm happy its back. I just hope they focus less on game summaries and more on behind the scenes and inside the dressing room stuff.

Dabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
It's a cool show but it started to get a little old. Just going game by game(loss by loss) and showing highlights from ice level got boring and a little depressing. I think they need more player interviews and footage of them between periods or away from the rink.

Boys on the Bus gave us Gretzky hammered while telling a hunting story and the great slurred quote, "that's my puck....and you guys get your own puck". We need more of that

2 minutes in
Agreed. Loved the first season. Season 2 was a drag. Not necessarily the show's fault -- rebuilds are just hard to watch sometimes. I mean, I watched every game of the past 30th, 30th, and 29th place seasons. It's tough to get excited about watching a documentary series that painstakingly points out just how lousy all that losing is. More focus on the people and less on the losses would be much appreciated.

Hopefully, the team and Oil Change can turn things around in year 3!

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
The show may not be a sterling example of critical journalism but I do enjoy the behind the scenes stuff. I find the episodes about the draft and the trade deadline really interesting.

I'm glad it'll be back.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
OILSLICK94

This is great news.....

Does anyone have links to Season 1? (video files) I know i found Season 2 (mp4) files posted on these boards before.

P.S. thanks to the Original Poster of those, love to see Season 1 posted again. thnx

OILSLICK94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
The show may not be a sterling example of critical journalism but I do enjoy the behind the scenes stuff. I find the episodes about the draft and the trade deadline really interesting.

I'm glad it'll be back.
The episodes about the draft and free agency are the most exciting episodes because they give us a chance to see something we wouldn't normally see. Like someone else said...we already watched them lose. We don't need to see it again.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
The episodes about the draft and free agency are the most exciting episodes because they give us a chance to see something we wouldn't normally see. Like someone else said...we already watched them lose. We don't need to see it again.
This. Can someone relay the message to someone close to production? I believe someone involved in the series had posted here.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
I love the show, but it does really make me wish that the Oilers would be in a Winter Classic so we could get a 24/7. I love that show.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:31 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Longest Oil change ever!

But I'm happy its back. I just hope they focus less on game summaries and more on behind the scenes and inside the dressing room stuff.
Ford does sponsor the Oilers IIRC

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Hitchslap

vCash: 1600
Hope they tone down the the over-dramatic narration a little.

Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Hope they tone down the the over-dramatic narration a little.
Agreed. We don't need Theo Peckham doing laundry to be the most epic event ever.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
bucks_oil

I agree with all of you... spice it up this year a bit.

Why not focus in on individual players (perhaps the younger guys) and get an insider's look at the areas they are focussing on improving... then see that in action over the course of a month or so worth of games (or more).

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 128
We need a show for the Flames and their annual failure to make the playoffs.

We can call it "Flame Out"

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Alex87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
I agree with all of you... spice it up this year a bit.

Why not focus in on individual players (perhaps the younger guys) and get an insider's look at the areas they are focussing on improving... then see that in action over the course of a month or so worth of games (or more).
I agree. Instead of hoping the schedule unfolds in dramatic fashion that makes for good TV, why not put the emphasis on individual stories each episode, and then fill in smaller gaps with on-ice footage? One episode could be about Yakupov's acclimatization, one could be about Schultz, RNH coming back from the World Jrs, an AHL call-up or demotion, etc. And of course a trade deadline episode would be fantastic.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
oilchanger

yep... we're back!

We'll be finalizing the broadcast times and dates as soon as the NHL releases the regular season schedule. Will post the broadcast info as soon as we have it.

Until then, it's going to be a hectic next couple of days getting the production up and running.

GAME ON!

OC

oilchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Eytinge

Ummm....don't know how I feel about this. Liked the first season but then I realized it had the same formula every episode. Game narrations of the Oilers losing games, and locker room interviews about the potential of the team and how we'll be good, eventually.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Ummm....don't know how I feel about this. Liked the first season but then I realized it had the same formula every episode. Game narrations of the Oilers losing games, and locker room interviews about the potential of the team and how we'll be good, eventually.
There isn't much else they can do, it's slightly more indepth coverage for the people who can't get enough.

Not that there aren't some great moments. Krueger's mid season speech last year was pretty epic, and in hindsight foreshadowed his future as head coach of the Oilers.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

I liked the stuff about the draft, that stuff was very well done. I think getting more personal with the players would go a long way.

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

All I know is that Nail Yakupov will make this show a WHOLE LOT more interesting..
Not that it wasn't good to begin with, but his character really is something else

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
NFINITEone

Quote:
Feel lucky. Not every teams fan base gets a look inside the dressing room and behind the scenes. I'm very grateful that we get to see all of this. I do understand what you are saying though. With losing so much it does get a little repetitive, but think how much better the show will be when we do start winning. Plus, with a new coach and a couple new players coming in things should hopefully be a little different.

NFINITEone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
HallOfGreatness4

vCash: 800
Loved season 1. Couldn't see any of season 2 due to being in the US. Hope they'll allow USA fans to see season 3

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Bang on. Its so scripted its stifling. They could make a documentary about an NHL hockey club in a rampant hockey market seem boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
There isn't much else they can do, it's slightly more indepth coverage for the people who can't get enough.

Not that there aren't some great moments. Krueger's mid season speech last year was pretty epic, and in hindsight foreshadowed his future as head coach of the Oilers.
C'mon.

Its all got to do with lack of imagination, lack of proper script writing, focus, ideas, what they want to focus on etc. Editorially some of the decisions just suck and the amount of time sorting through inane rather than interesting aspects is boring. Theres no end of interesting material they could be working with. They choose to be formulaic and dull.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
oilchanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallOfGreatness4 View Post
Loved season 1. Couldn't see any of season 2 due to being in the US. Hope they'll allow USA fans to see season 3
I know the NHL network in the States airs the show, usually a week or so after it airs in Canada.

I'll see what I can track down on a schedule from them too.

OC

oilchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
C'mon.

Its all got to do with lack of imagination, lack of proper script writing, focus, ideas, what they want to focus on etc. Editorially some of the decisions just suck and the amount of time sorting through inane rather than interesting aspects is boring. Theres no end of interesting material they could be working with. They choose to be formulaic and dull.
Not sure what you are expecting

Upper management stuff will always be heavily edited, and player access will always be heavily controlled and sanitized by the PR department. What's left? Exposes on the equipment guy's meth habit? Setting up shop in a blogger's home to film him while he working out math formulas and argues on forums?

There just isn't that much you can do with a franchise sanctioned and edited TV show that places a high priority on protecting the brand. Complaining it's not more is like getting fustrated that a GM won't comment on player movement rumors in fluff radio interviews.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote