HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 12:10 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
The conspiracy theories are flying around about what caused his latest injury:

Gimpy knee history
LCL - Andrews was right
Field conditions
Random Bad Luck
Shanahan
Redskins Curse

Old
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
RG3 came across as I am Jesus to me in his presser saying he was the best option for the team to win. He had a fair amount of ugly passes that I am not ready to blame on his plant foot he insisted on playing on.
I'm pretty confident it can be blamed on the knee. His throwing motion has looked off. Check out these two youtube videos on post patterns.

Look at the 5 second and 1 minute marks of this post pattern to Hankerson earlier in the year. Watch his plant foot, he keeps it in contact with the ground until well after the ball is released.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iNA9UCFsD0

This one is from yesterday. Watch how he lifts his right foot off the ground before the ball is released.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnZM-KHIMs

Quote:
He has to be able to throw if he insists on playing. He was unable to even finish his zone read runs. It just came across as a slap in the face of Cousins who appears a fine backup. .
I agree. I truly believe Cousins would have made a difference. You can't judge him on that last possession when the Seahawks had their ears pinned back and there was no threat of a run.

One weakness that RG3 needs to work on, injury or not, is what Wilson does very well; looking off receivers. That INT was thanks to the safety reading his eyes. Of course it doesn't help that the route had no receivers on the other side of the field.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Rumors are that RG3 could be out until 2014
Jeez did he tear every ligament.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Capsman

Shanahan was beyond stupid yesterday. And his stupidity may very well cost RG3 a whole season if the rumors are correct. All the good that came out of the season from father and son has vanished in the blink of an eye. Mike, for once again showing very poor judgement, and Kyle for panicking in the biggest game of his young career.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Yeah you may be right capsman, but every throw is independent of the next. His TD pass to Paulson looked good - yet he had just gotten injured, not yet taped up.

QB's score TD's throwing off the wrong foot, sidearming, across their body etc, they get by on natural ability sometimes. If a QB is wincing as they throw, yeah I fully buy that. QBs seem to work on their technique a lot, and for all his greatness, is a rookie.

He also hit his hand on an helmet, coupled with an aggressive pass defense and no confidence in his knee, and the lamest field I may have ever seen, we are left to guess as fans what caused exactly what on what throw.

Agreed on the deep INT, we did nothing to get that safety out of the way. If we scored there, was the knee healed by Jesus, or was it that he just has a great arm.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:39 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Rumors are that RG3 could be out until 2014
I feel for you guys, I really do.

Even when the Skins get something right, they get it wrong.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Story on the.... "surface" the game was held on

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ht-foot-in-pu/

Quote:
As Robert Griffin III planted his right foot in pursuit of an errant snap late in the fourth quarter Sunday, what little remained of the Tifway Bermuda grass exploded around him.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Yeah you may be right capsman, but every throw is independent of the next. His TD pass to Paulson looked good - yet he had just gotten injured, not yet taped up.

QB's score TD's throwing off the wrong foot, sidearming, across their body etc, they get by on natural ability sometimes. If a QB is wincing as they throw, yeah I fully buy that. QBs seem to work on their technique a lot, and for all his greatness, is a rookie.

He also hit his hand on an helmet, coupled with an aggressive pass defense and no confidence in his knee, and the lamest field I may have ever seen, we are left to guess as fans what caused exactly what on what throw.

Agreed on the deep INT, we did nothing to get that safety out of the way. If we scored there, was the knee healed by Jesus, or was it that he just has a great arm.
If he got the necessary extra 2 yards on it it would have been a 43 yard pass; nobody would have raved about his arm strength. You are correct that every pass is different, and that argument can also be used to explain why the pass to Paulson looked good while others did not. It could be pivoting a little, throwing across the body, etc. that destroys the mechanics due to the injury.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

The turf thing is nothing more than an excuse. His ligament was shot, and it's what prevents the knee from sliding sideways. He could have made that plant on the most perfect turf imaginable, and it still would have gone.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Well, the turf was embarrassingly bad regardless of the injury. He shouldn't have been out there even on a good field, but the conditions were terrible and couldn't have helped.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Garcon said the field was better than usual. That's worth a good laugh.

So you think the (a) ligament was shot before that injury? heh I hadnt thought of that NBTW. I forgot, I had actually researched LCL-1's and generally found re-injury risk was very low, it just took up to 3 months to heal. So in the first quarter, I thought he re-aggravated the LCL, but let's say he blew out his ACL.

Then scrambling for that shotgun.... grounder, slipped on what was clearly a near smooth surface - dirt - and tore up the more vulnerable PCL, since he had no ACL at that point.

So yeah a triple whammy LCL ACL and PCL is the worst case scenario and explains a year off.

We are facked.

I tend to think the field may have been a factor.

Something to ponder, has a guy with an LCL ACL PCL gone to the podium right aftewards?

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Capsman

My guess is that he had tweaked his knee repeatedly in practices. There is a fine line between a sprain and tear sometimes, and a sprain most certainly predisposes toward a tear not only due to weaker ligaments but poor propioception and balance. My guess is that this was bound to happen had he kept playing. That said, the field IS an embarrassment. Snyder is like the guy who picks up guests via limo and serves Wendy's.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:13 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Wow, that guy Andrews is coming off as a near genius. I had him pegged as a money grubber and have to eat some serious crow.

We all know athletes have often been exploited, used when injured, at their own request or coaches, or both. Hockey players seem to play through a LOT come playoff time. The trainer, tapes and stitches and sends em back out.

Its still very very rare to have a team doctor call out a coach for lying, and the player lied about, gets hurt on the same day. Wow, what a turn of events.

And my bankroll got pummeled.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:20 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Garcon said the field was better than usual. That's worth a good laugh.

So you think the (a) ligament was shot before that injury? heh I hadnt thought of that NBTW. I forgot, I had actually researched LCL-1's and generally found re-injury risk was very low, it just took up to 3 months to heal. So in the first quarter, I thought he re-aggravated the LCL, but let's say he blew out his ACL.

Then scrambling for that shotgun.... grounder, slipped on what was clearly a near smooth surface - dirt - and tore up the more vulnerable PCL, since he had no ACL at that point.

So yeah a triple whammy LCL ACL and PCL is the worst case scenario and explains a year off.

We are facked.

I tend to think the field may have been a factor.

Something to ponder, has a guy with an LCL ACL PCL gone to the podium right aftewards?
Yeah, I bet the ligament (likely ACL) was shot before the big fall. And then when he made that plant, there was nothing to keep the knee from sliding laterally, and it did more damage.

Regarding him being up, walking, around, at the podium, etc., it's perfectly possible to do if you tear multiple ligaments. For the most part, their purpose is to keep the joint stable when planting, pivoting, changing directions, etc. You could walk and stand with a hefty brace.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:23 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Does everyone think Shanahan survives this?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

The googles do nothing. Clearly the knee brace does nothing, or little, as well.

Other than help our ailing QB limp up to the podium, perhaps.

Let me go on record and be the first to say I must eat crow for thinking we should have addressed the OL instead of backup QB with our 4th rounder. My thinking, not taking care of the OL will be a self fulfilling destiny, and create a need for a backup QB since he will get killed in our lame pocket. And, we had Rex already.

Hindsight is 2020 but I think it would have been wise to draft a mobile QB type as a backup. It's all the rage now, and we may well end up running the Rex Bootleg offense next fall. AHHH!

Shanahan lies and lives

Old
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm still livid about this. I've just been getting increasingly angry since the first snap Griffin took after the 2nd TD. It was really, really clear he shouldn't have been out there. I was swinging between cursing at my TV and panicking every time Morris wasn't handed the ball for the rest of the game. Our offense requires a QB who can move, and RG3 couldn't do that. He couldn't even throw. There was no reason to play him, and this isn't retrospect.

Shanahan says "well, he wanted to play." No, screw that. The players don't decide who plays. The coach does. He blew it badly.

Edit: I HATE that Kyle didn't keep Morris running or rely on him more. He had a bad game...but he's still young, and his dad was busy making a disaster worse. I'll give him a partial pass, but Shanny Senior HAS to know better.

01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

If RG3 had trouble throwing because of his knee, as most agree is probably true, they are even more neglect for not running Morris more. We were up 14-3!

2 interesting quotes:
Quote:
It reminded me of the way Dennis Dixon’s knee gave out several years ago at Oregon, when as it turned out he was actually playing with a torn ACL. While we’re not saying or suggesting or hinting or even speculating that Griffin may have been playing with a torn ACL, the circumstances of this situation are sufficiently weird to make us at least wonder whether Griffin’s actual condition was worse than anyone had previously admitted.
Quote:
“It was horrible,” Carroll told Brock & Salk of ESPN 710. “It’s a horrible field. It’s as bad as a field can get for being dry. And it’s too bad, it’s really too bad. And we deserve better. . . . We deserve better. . . . It just was worn out. And there was a lot of slipping and all that kind of stuff.”

Among those who experienced the bad footing was Seattle defensive end Chris Clemons. His agent blamed Clemons’ knee injury on the “crappy” condition of the turf.

There’s no excuse for anything other than pristine playing conditions at every NFL stadium. The league obsesses over uniformity in every other way. Why not obsess over the quality of the surface on which the game is played?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

"We deserve better?" Wow, I hate Carroll.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
"We deserve better?" Wow, I hate Carroll.
Perhaps he meant the collective "we", as in both teams deserved better. Without hearing the sound byte, it is impossible to tell what he meant.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I hate all opposition coaches and players in general including copy cat Carroll, but I tend to agree that in a game of this magnitude, in a league of conformity, and countless amount of revenue to be had, a better field could have been put in place.

RG3 gets fined for wearing a reebok shirt, but Seattle players have to play on painted dirt in their first playoff game. I can see the disconnect.

They lost a player to a knee, and so did we. Sure its near impossible to pin it on the field, but no one ever blamed a well manicured grass field for a knee injury as far as i know at least.

One thing is for sure, if we thought the dirt provided an RFK grade home field advantage in some way, it did not.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Perhaps he meant the collective "we", as in both teams deserved better. Without hearing the sound byte, it is impossible to tell what he meant.
This is true.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
I hate all opposition coaches and players in general including copy cat Carroll, but I tend to agree that in a game of this magnitude, in a league of conformity, and countless amount of revenue to be had, a better field could have been put in place.

RG3 gets fined for wearing a reebok shirt, but Seattle players have to play on painted dirt in their first playoff game. I can see the disconnect.

They lost a player to a knee, and so did we. Sure its near impossible to pin it on the field, but no one ever blamed a well manicured grass field for a knee injury as far as i know at least.

One thing if for sure, if we thought the dirt provided an RFK grade home field advantage in some way, it did not.
With as much as DS was charging for playoff tickets to just paint the dirt green and not put out new turf is a joke.

just another reason why the skins will always fail under dan synder. Make our franchise QB play beach football on a bad knee in a playoff game.

its a joke

Old
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Cush
-inator

Shanny saying he needs more tests

Old
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
With as much as DS was charging for playoff tickets to just paint the dirt green and not put out new turf is a joke.

just another reason why the skins will always fail under dan synder. Make our franchise QB play beach football on a bad knee in a playoff game.

its a joke
It was a grade D production he put on. The world was watching, the painted dirt was exposed and discussed for all to see, and his franchise player got hurt. It was a disaster from an owners perspective, marketing perspective, the team, everything. A complete failure.

No one can 100% pin the dirt on the injuries but that crappy field sure is getting a lot of discussion.

I am not sure I have ever heard that a dirt field gives a team an advantage. You often hear about fast teams being slowed in tall grass. There was no grass.

I think you can hear the sweat dripping on Shanny's mic

Live Feed
http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/asx/WFED2.asx

Closed Thread