HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part Scott Stevens

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Related question.

I`ve always wore hats, but never of this kind. I guess you guys have more experience with fitted 59FIFTY NewEra hats. What size would you take, 7 1/8 or 7 1/4? I measured my head and according to this chart:

http://reviews.ebay.com/New-Era-Fitt...00000004085305

I`m in between those (57+ cm). The problem is that my head is not round and therefore when I keep the shield flat, it`ll leave small gaps in the corners (on the front side; which is probably common, I`m just not used to that lol). I tried both in my friend`s shop, one felt a bit tight, the other one a bit loose. But I guess those gaps are unavoidable, so I should focus on finding the right size.

Is it just a matter of preference? What do you guys prefer? Thanks in advance.
I'm probably not the best person to answer, but I'll give a response because its better than nothing I guess? I rarely buy fitted hats, but have bought a few. I do have similar issues with the sizing as I'm in between two sizes. The difference being that I don't do the flat brim thing. I think it looks dumb so I always curved it as normal. Probably comes from the fact I was always wearing hats while playing baseball and then casually, so its what I was used to very early on. The brims just are kind of weird when you do bend them, at least on fitted hats these days. If that isn't something you want to do, then I would encourage going for a different kind of hat. I was always big on the flex fit hats. Solid hat all the way around (not open in the back). Has a little stretch in the back so it can fit well if you're in between sizes. And the brim bends normally and holds well. Always was my personal preference. There are other ones that are similar that aren't as stretchy and are more sized out but aren't quite the New Era fitted hats.

If the fitted is what you want, then I guess it comes down to picking which one you feel is the best, most comfortable fit. The sizing issues though is why I always chose an alternative type of hat.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:13 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

The few flat-brim hats I have I bend a bit. I love flex fit hats (very little sizing hassle) or snapbacks (0 hassle).

Old
01-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
New era fitteds are bad IMO. Flex fits and snap backs are the best IMO. But go for which one fits a bit tighter or not as much space.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Thank you all, really appreciated.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
CerebralGenesis

O shoot I forgot to post pics of my new jersey from jerseyexpress. It was backordered from last year and is one of the new RBKs. I'll try and remember to do it after work.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Can someone here maybe formulate a list of jersey manufacturers that supplied the Devils from '83 all the way up to 2012? Authentics and replica would be nice and you dont have to put in reebok because that's what's used by everyone now, I just need a list of older ones.

edit: well my jersey came in the mail today and it's great. Red shoulders, green stripes, white jersey. Logo's stitched in. Now it is an XL but it fits weird. After all the things 28 or so years old, from when they first started to play. Any way to deal with it? Alter size a bit or what? Just the sleeves by my wrist

Last edited by Silence Of The Plams: 01-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
mikev927
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I found a super awesome jersey. I think so at least. They're easily one of my top 5 favorites of all time.
where in hell did you find this?! for the longest time i have been searching and come up with nothing?! I NEEEEEED IT!

Old
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev927 View Post
where in hell did you find this?! for the longest time i have been searching and come up with nothing?! I NEEEEEED IT!
Was on ebay last week and bought it from someone. Usually there's around 1-2 of them per month; There is a blank one for sale on there now, and a Fetisov one on there now. It's really just hit or miss with them... They used to sell the templates of the jerseys in small and medium at Prudential Center... I went a few times, and saw that

Old
01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Thought I would finally share pictures of the Jersey I picked up at the end of last year. Got it through amazon, I have the Away jersey getting here Wednesday!

Old
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
mikev927
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Was on ebay last week and bought it from someone. Usually there's around 1-2 of them per month; There is a blank one for sale on there now, and a Fetisov one on there now. It's really just hit or miss with them... They used to sell the templates of the jerseys in small and medium at Prudential Center... I went a few times, and saw that
Do you know anywhere that can get the letter/numbering?

Old
01-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
I emailed a place around me (I live in WNY near Buffalo) they said they might have the lettering so I can come to the store. But Id check everywhere around NJ NY etc. I'd check ice jerseys online too. And the NHL store in Rockefeller in NYC.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Best bet in my experience is to go to any local hockey shops. If there's a hockey specific stand alone store, that's a good bet, or the sports/pro shop at any ice rink near you. They either could do it, or would have a person they would send it out to in particular. Not sure where in the area you may be, but I took a jersey last year to Floyd Hall Arena (in the Montclair/Little Falls area). They have someone they send it out to who was the equipment guy for one of the area NHL teams in the past (or maybe still is associated with it? Don't recall). Regardless, I brought a blank RBK Devils jersey, got it back in 2 weeks and the quality of the stitching/customization was amazing. Only was about $45 or so for the personalization. I'm sure other ice rinks have places/contacts that are just as good. Just giving my experience personally on that one.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Best bet in my experience is to go to any local hockey shops. If there's a hockey specific stand alone store, that's a good bet, or the sports/pro shop at any ice rink near you. They either could do it, or would have a person they would send it out to in particular. Not sure where in the area you may be, but I took a jersey last year to Floyd Hall Arena (in the Montclair/Little Falls area). They have someone they send it out to who was the equipment guy for one of the area NHL teams in the past (or maybe still is associated with it? Don't recall). Regardless, I brought a blank RBK Devils jersey, got it back in 2 weeks and the quality of the stitching/customization was amazing. Only was about $45 or so for the personalization. I'm sure other ice rinks have places/contacts that are just as good. Just giving my experience personally on that one.
There's a hockey store in Montclair, don't remember the name of it anymore. The owner used to be the Devils equipment manager and has signed jerseys all over the place. So, thats probably where they sent it. Years ago (probably around 03), my dad ordered the Synergy grip for me for Christmas (when it first came out). When he went to the store to pick it up, the owner handed it to him and the blade was signed by Scott Niedermayer. He had been in the store about 5 minutes beforehand.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
There's a hockey store in Montclair, don't remember the name of it anymore. The owner used to be the Devils equipment manager and has signed jerseys all over the place. So, thats probably where they sent it. Years ago (probably around 03), my dad ordered the Synergy grip for me for Christmas (when it first came out). When he went to the store to pick it up, the owner handed it to him and the blade was signed by Scott Niedermayer. He had been in the store about 5 minutes beforehand.
Do you know where that store is? I distinctly remember that the guy Floyd Hall Arena sent it to was in NY, not a store in Montclair. I do know a store near Montclair, but I believe it is technically in Cedar Grove, or maybe Verona? Its on Pompton/23. Somewhere between Bloomfield Ave and Willowbrook. Just can't remember exactly where the lines are drawn on there. Not sure if we're talking about the same store. The one I'm thinking of was actually the first place I went for my jersey. They don't do the stitching though. Their options were more heat press type stuff. It looked pretty good, but it wasn't what I wanted so I went elsewhere.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Do you know where that store is? I distinctly remember that the guy Floyd Hall Arena sent it to was in NY, not a store in Montclair. I do know a store near Montclair, but I believe it is technically in Cedar Grove, or maybe Verona? Its on Pompton/23. Somewhere between Bloomfield Ave and Willowbrook. Just can't remember exactly where the lines are drawn on there. Not sure if we're talking about the same store. The one I'm thinking of was actually the first place I went for my jersey. They don't do the stitching though. Their options were more heat press type stuff. It looked pretty good, but it wasn't what I wanted so I went elsewhere.
Yeah that could be the place, it might not have been Montclair, could have easily been Cedar Grove or Verona. That's probably where I went because he used to do all the heat press stuff for our spring league jerseys.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

my dad still has his jersey from 1982 that he still wears to games haha

Old
01-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
my dad still has his jersey from 1982 that he still wears to games haha
That's actually legit. Any pictures? Signs of aging or anything?

Old
01-08-2013, 11:38 PM
MachoDiablo

Not jersey-related, but I've been looking for the Devils version of the Mitchell and Ness "repeat vintage" t-shirt they were selling around the end of last season. I tried to get one then, but could never find it being solid in a size M.

The general design is this:

I can currently find this for many teams (including dead ones), but not the Devils one that says "JERSEY" in the background.

Interestingly, I knew about this shirt being sold in red, but then while sitting in the bar last night one of their TV's had some reality show on where a guy had it in green.

Also, on a more jersey-related note, does anyone have experience with getting a jersey tailored if it's just way too big on you?

Old
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoDiablo View Post
Not jersey-related, but I've been looking for the Devils version of the Mitchell and Ness "repeat vintage" t-shirt they were selling around the end of last season. I tried to get one then, but could never find it being solid in a size M.

The general design is this:

I can currently find this for many teams (including dead ones), but not the Devils one that says "JERSEY" in the background.

Interestingly, I knew about this shirt being sold in red, but then while sitting in the bar last night one of their TV's had some reality show on where a guy had it in green.

Also, on a more jersey-related note, does anyone have experience with getting a jersey tailored if it's just way too big on you?

If you can make it up there, they have the Devils one in red that says "Jersey" on it at the NHL store in NYC when I was there the other day. Not sure of what sizes they had though.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

My White jersey is waiting for me at home. Was going to send both my blanks off to be customized with Kovy... looks like I am gonna wait on that now though...

Old
01-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Durs

Fixing jerseys

I have a #9 Reebok jersey that I'd have would like to have a certain someone's name removed.

Anyone here have any experience or know if it's possible to get a name removed & replaced? Please help!!!

Wouldn't mind turning it into a Zajac jersey now...

Old
01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I had Dorholt change my circa '07 CCM Parise to a "Broten" with a '95 SCF patch that I bought. If you search this thread, there's a photo of it somewhere. I think it was $30 to change the nameplate and sew on the SCF patch.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Devils86

Quote:
The store in cedar Grove was Mike Ashton's Sports Section on Rt 23 not sure if thats still the name but its almost exclusive Hockey. We bought many a mens league jersey there in the late 90/2000.They have tailoring in the back. The Montclair store may be Verona sporting Goods on Bloomfield Ave. about 1 1/2 miles up from the Mont border.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

So how many of you converting Parises to Butler?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:44 AM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
So how many of you converting Parises to Butler?
I'm going to convert my 06-07 RBK Parise authentic (with 25th anniversary patch) into a Zajac.

Closed Thread