HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-07-2013, 08:56 AM
topshelfie

vCash: 500
Condra is an elite forward, just check out his Corsi stats

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:07 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
PW has very little to offer outside of the PP. He seldom wins battles in the corner and is literally the worst defensive dman on the Bsens, including Claesson and Wideman. He gets caught up ice because the thinks offence first, has poor lateral movement and often gets beat to the outside. He is weak and the only time he plays physical he gets a cross checking penalty. The fact that he is a .5 PPG may get him an invite. Benoit has 23 points and is a +3. I'm sure they see this as an "offensive pairing"". If they need offence these guys will get the call but if they need any shut down defence there are other choices. For Benoit, being the son in law of the goalie coach should help.
Really? Watch a few games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
This make me think you haven't been watching the B-Sens play at all.

PW has probably been the best overall D-man for the B-Sens since his return from injury.

FYI Wideman is probably the worst D on the B-Sens and while Claesson has been a nice surprise, he isn't close to PW at this point in time.
You read my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Turris - Condra
Greening - Regin - Silfverberg
O'Brien - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Leddy - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch

Anderson
Bishop
Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Turris - Silfverberg
Greening - Regin - Neil
O'Brien - Smith - Condra
Daugavins
DaCosta?

Methot - Karlsson
Leddy - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch
Borowiecki

Anderson
Bishop

Lundin is injured, so you eitehr need to bring up Gryba or Benoit. As I've said in the past, what is the waiver status of Benoit. It isn't worth losing a captain and veteran leader like Benoit to waivers.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:09 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
I just think that Silfverberg's game is more suited to play with Turris and Alfie.

Spezza and Michalek are most likely staying together, so a big body to clean up the garbage, who also has good hands is a perfect fit on that line.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
HappyGilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
But Condra dominated the Slovenian 3rd division.
What he did there was amazing, they haven't seen anything like it in the past.

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:12 AM
General Granny*

The one thing we can agree to is Alfie on the 2nd line and not the 1st.

I really hope with the emergence of O'Brien in the bottom 6 that we stop putting Alfie on the PK.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:35 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
PW has very little to offer outside of the PP. He seldom wins battles in the corner and is literally the worst defensive dman on the Bsens, including Claesson and Wideman. He gets caught up ice because the thinks offence first, has poor lateral movement and often gets beat to the outside. He is weak and the only time he plays physical he gets a cross checking penalty. The fact that he is a .5 PPG may get him an invite. Benoit has 23 points and is a +3. I'm sure they see this as an "offensive pairing"". If they need offence these guys will get the call but if they need any shut down defence there are other choices. For Benoit, being the son in law of the goalie coach should help.
Disagree, PDub has been very solid this year. Both ends of the ice.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

I think Wiercioch's play this year has been encouraging and he may indeed get a look this year because of it, but with very little time in camp, I think the Sens are more likely to play Boro and Benoit, with Wiercioch continuing to see big minutes in Bingo. Part of that is due to the fact our D is brutally soft without Borocop, so he is almost a shoe-in, despite the fact he has tried to do a little too much at times in Bingo this year. But he is ready. Benoit is a solid puck mover who hopefully get overwhelmed by jumping into the NHL, which is a bigger risk with PW. I suspect all three might be with the Sens to start though, as I think they will carry 7 D for a spell.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
I think Wiercioch's play this year has been encouraging and he may indeed get a look this year because of it, but with very little time in camp, I think the Sens are more likely to play Boro and Benoit, with Wiercioch continuing to see big minutes in Bingo. Part of that is due to the fact our D is brutally soft without Borocop, so he is almost a shoe-in, despite the fact he has tried to do a little too much at times in Bingo this year. But he is ready. Benoit is a solid puck mover who hopefully get overwhelmed by jumping into the NHL, which is a bigger risk with PW. I suspect all three might be with the Sens to start though, as I think they will carry 7 D for a spell.
You are forgetting about Gryba. He can add some grit to the big club. He also is playing a lot better this year than he ever has, at least imho.

Not to mention that filling the physical D hole is a lot easier than backfilling a puck mover. We still have Blood in the ECHL that we can call up.

Assuming Binghamton loses three D-men for a spell, those three being Wiercioch, Benoit, Boro

Wideman- Eckford
Claesson - Gryba
Blood - ???

That leaves a major hole in Bingo. I believe we still have Matt Campanele as well, but no 7th D-man. Not to mention that kills our puck-movers. What was our strength is now our major weakness.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:26 AM
General Granny*

They won't take all 3 dman, they will take 2 tops, maybe only one if they sign or trade for someone.

Bingos D will be fine.

Borocop- Ekford
Wideman- Gryba
Blood- Cleasson

Old
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
You are forgetting about Gryba. He can add some grit to the big club. He also is playing a lot better this year than he ever has, at least imho.

Not to mention that filling the physical D hole is a lot easier than backfilling a puck mover. We still have Blood in the ECHL that we can call up.

Assuming Binghamton loses three D-men for a spell, those three being Wiercioch, Benoit, Boro

Wideman- Eckford
Claesson - Gryba
Blood - ???

That leaves a major hole in Bingo. I believe we still have Matt Campanele as well, but no 7th D-man. Not to mention that kills our puck-movers. What was our strength is now our major weakness.
I believe Ottawa will call up two defencemen at most. Lundin's injury is not considered long-term, unless news says otherwise.

I predict PW and Boro to be the call-ups, if Benoit is indeed a waiver risk. Ideally, it would be PW and Benoit - both have played safe games when they were called up in the past.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Nizzy

Short Season

Last edited by Nizzy: 01-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
operasen

Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson makes a good 2nd combination, and keeps rookie pressures off Silfverberg and gives him Alfie's steadying influence.

And I think an O'Brien - Smith - Neil combination will give other tems fits.

I'm also interested in the Greening - Regin - Condra unit. These guys are under a lot of pressure to produce with Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone chomping at the bit.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
General Granny*

We have 60 lineup thread already on this pages alone.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Nizzy

I wanna see this season as chance too let the young players play future core group 1 year away players Silfverbergs Stone Noesen Ceci Zibanejads Lehner Bishops etc

Latendresse Spezza Alfie - Could be a dangerous line
Milo Turris Silfverberg - Speed Skill
Noesen Regin Stone - 2 big wingers with a skilled C
Greening Smith Neil - Grit Toughness Sandpaper

Methot Karlsson
? Gonchar
Philips Ceci

Lehner Andy Bishop

48 games of Experience and I still think we could make the PLAYOFFS

Old
01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
I don't know how many teams have ever made the playoffs with "?" patrolling the blueline.

Last edited by Proust: 01-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
I don't how many teams have ever made the playoffs with "?" patrolling the blueline.

? to be determined ..Wish it was Cowen but I think Sens will need too find that piece either via trade or free agency

Old
01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
While I dont think we necessarily owe it to Andre, it was a pretty awesome thing having him back. Not that he turned the ship around by himself, but he was a major component.

He should at least get a healthy shot at camp, though no pre-season games hurts his chance a tad, but if theres no clear winner out of Weir and Benoit, I think it should go to Andre.

It would suck to lose him, but hes not getting any younger, and his window is closing fast. Just look at what happened with Derek Smith in Calgary. He got a shot on another team and established himself as an NHLer.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
God Says No

Quote:
I wanna see this season as chance too let the young players play future core group 1 year away players Silfverbergs Stone Noesen Ceci Zibanejads Lehner Bishops etc

Latendresse Spezza Alfie - Could be a dangerous line
Milo Turris Silfverberg - Speed Skill
Noesen Regin Stone - 2 big wingers with a skilled C
Greening Smith Neil - Grit Toughness Sandpaper

Methot Karlsson
? Gonchar
Philips Ceci

Lehner Andy Bishop

highly unlikely any of these guys play this year. not sure where you got the idea that they are nhl ready, especially in this shortened season.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Zillaege

I would not be surprised if Maclean went with Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson to at least start the season. Established chemistry is gonna be key with such a short camp and no exhibition games. If you try and start the season with new combinations on both your top lines, that's asking for some early struggles IMO. Long term I'm sure Alfie will find his way back to Turris' wing, but I think a fast start will be so important this year.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson - established chemistry, and a bonafide top line
Latendresse - Turris - Silfverberg - Hit or miss line, most likely a miss
Greening - Smith - Neil - played together in the playoffs last year, and looked good together IMO
Daugavins/Regin - JOB - Condra - more established chemistry

If that top line gets hot early, and the power play clicks with Karlsson, we could easily see ourselves with 8 or 9 points in our first 5 games.

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
highly unlikely any of these guys play this year. not sure where you got the idea that they are nhl ready, especially in this shortened season.

Ceci and Noesen are long shots agreed both will be at camp

Stone will be at camp and definitely has a shot at making the team

Old
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Ceci and Noesen are long shots agreed both will be at camp

Stone will be at camp and definitely has a shot at making the team
ceci and noesen will not be at camp. i can't see them missing games to be at camp. this year it's different as the camp is in january, and the ohl season is in full swing.

i agree stone will be at camp and has a shot at making the team, but your post suggested he makes the team. i don't see that happening. he's been ok in ahl, but not great. i don't think he's ready yet. i see him making the team next year if progresses.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Joe Pesky
#peskysens

FWIW, Silfverberg played with Michalek and Spezza vs. the Rangers

Joe Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

Methot-Karlsson
Phillips - Gonchar
Wiercoch - Benoit

Weir and Benoit have great chemistry in Bingo as a pairing. Might as well give them a chance to carry over that chemistry to the NHL level (provided we dont sign or trade for any other dman before the start of the year)

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
General Granny*

Murray just said Ceci will be at camp.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Regin - Condra (Stone)
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Daugavins

- my guess is that Zibanejad & Stone replace Condra & Daugavins next season, if not at some point this yr. If Regin & Latendresse don't work out, they could be replaced by Grant & DD with Greening & Z. Smith moving up.

Phillips - Karlsson
Methot - Gonchar
Boroweicki - Lundin/Benoit

- my guess is that Boroweicki is called up first until Lundin is back. Once Lundin comes back Wiercioch could get called up or they could keep Benoit/Boroweicki up. I would like to see Gryba get a shot at some point since he is one of the few right handed shot defenceman on this team. I also think that the Murrays will sign Andrej Sustre at the end of this NCAA season.

Anderson - Bishop/Lehner
- unless Bishop is moved to acquire a defenceman in a package, I think Murray keeps Lehner down in Bingo this yr to play a lot & trade one of Anderson or Bishop next season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote