HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Amnesty clause: Yashin

Old
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

vCash: 500
Amnesty clause: Yashin

Could NYI theoretically use the amnesty clause to wipe Yashin's 3 more years of 2.2 million from the cap?

I heard DP is a consideration but I can't think of another candidate for amnesty, could this be a possible solution?

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Could NYI theoretically use the amnesty clause to wipe Yashin's 3 more years of 2.2 million from the cap?

I heard DP is a consideration but I can't think of another candidate for amnesty, could this be a possible solution?
There are 2 and 1/2 yrs left on Yashin's buyout. The Isles are paying him $2.2m per.

I don't think the isles will be spending up to the cap ceiling in the next 2 and 1/2 seasons, so I don't think it makes much sense to use the amnesty buyout on Yashin.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:59 PM
IslesNorway

Why would they? They need that money to keep above the floor

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
KrisBeKreame

Yashin;
First I dont think you can Buy out a Buy out. Second the buy out is proping up tha cap number which it good.

DiPietro;
I highly doubt he will be bought out. After being injured in Germany I hope that even he realizes his Body is just not physically able to compete. Untill he retires due to injury the Islanders will use and enjoy his 4+Million dolar cap hit while he gets payed by insurance. Unless the insurance runs up then it will be whichever is cheaper.

The Buy-outs are not till next year anyway so no worries till next year.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
boredmale

If I am correct including this year the Islanders only have 2 more years to pay him out

ETA: I am wrong it is 3 years

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
If I am correct including this year the Islanders only have 2 more years to pay him out

ETA: I am wrong it is 3 years
He is on the books for 2 more seasons after this one.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Yashin;
First I dont think you can Buy out a Buy out. Second the buy out is proping up tha cap number which it good.

DiPietro;
I highly doubt he will be bought out. After being injured in Germany I hope that even he realizes his Body is just not physically able to compete. Untill he retires due to injury the Islanders will use and enjoy his 4+Million dolar cap hit while he gets payed by insurance. Unless the insurance runs up then it will be whichever is cheaper.

The Buy-outs are not till next year anyway so no worries till next year.
Let's hope DP retires soon or have the insurance take the contract off the Isles books.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Isles Junkie

They might want to use it to get out from John Tavares' deal. We have to strive for better than 'marginally talented.'

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

I may be wrong but I don't think Islanders are actually paying Yashin. He's already been paid. The CAP hit just stays on the books based on buyout rules. Why not file the paperwork get that money off the cap then actually sign someone that will contribute?

Of course that all means nothing if Yashin is actually getting paid this 2.5 mill a season but I don't think that is the way it works.

Also like above not sure the leauge would allow clearing a pre-existing buyout but if I was snow I would be making a phone call.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
I may be wrong but I don't think Islanders are actually paying Yashin. He's already been paid. The CAP hit just stays on the books based on buyout rules. Why not file the paperwork get that money off the cap then actually sign someone that will contribute?

Of course that all means nothing if Yashin is actually getting paid this 2.5 mill a season but I don't think that is the way it works.

Also like above not sure the leauge would allow clearing a pre-existing buyout but if I was snow I would be making a phone call.
I think you are wrong. The last lockout buyout, called for teams to pay players 2/3 of their remaining contract, over twice the length of their remaining yrs.

For example : a player with 4 yrs/$24m left on his contract, would be paid $16m over an 8 yr period.

I'm pretty sure the isles are still paying Yashin $2.2m per.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think you are wrong. The last lockout buyout, called for teams to pay players 2/3 of their remaining contract, over twice the length of their remaining yrs.
Is that how they are actually getting paid, or just how the resultant cap hit is calculated?

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Amnesty cannot be retroactive from what I've read over the past few days.