HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The Armchair GM Thread - Part XXX - Naughty Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
  #926
Elbows of Bure
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I can't see it. Not with Lundqvist in net
Well it's looking more and more like the Canucks won't have Luongo, so, no guarantees of a win for us either.

Elbows of Bure is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
  #927
billvanseattle
Registered User
 
billvanseattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bellingham
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
So doesn't Philly have 5 really bad long term contracts .... Bryz, Richards Carter Hartnel and Pronger ...... theat they could be on the hook for if any of those guys retires ...

billvanseattle is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 01:51 PM
  #928
GoTeamDom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
so doesn't philly have 5 really bad long term contracts .... Bryz, richards carter hartnel and pronger ...... Theat they could be on the hook for if any of those guys retires ...
lak

GoTeamDom is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
  #929
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
lak
Philly signed those deals.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
  #930
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
So doesn't Philly have 5 really bad long term contracts .... Bryz, Richards Carter Hartnel and Pronger ...... theat they could be on the hook for if any of those guys retires ...
I'd imagine they're going to use the "buyout option" on the worst of the lot - Bryz.

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
  #931
Dreamskull
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
luongo + Raymond for Bolland + Bickell +2nd


FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,626,667; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,573,333


Let Bolland run the 2nd line until Kesler comes back (with schroeder centering the 3rd)

Dreamskull is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
  #932
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamskull View Post
luongo + Raymond for Bolland + Bickell +2nd


FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,626,667; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,573,333


Let Bolland run the 2nd line until Kesler comes back (with schroeder centering the 3rd)
Nope...not nearly enough to send Luongo to a conference rival.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
  #933
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
I'd imagine they're going to use the "buyout option" on the worst of the lot - Bryz.
I badly want them to do that...will leave another team needing a starting goalie.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
  #934
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
That would be done deal for me as well but in reality NYI management, though they do stupid stuff, would require a sign and trade to pull this off.
It would have to be with a long extension, agreed to before the trade was completed.

Snow has not traded significant assets for a soon to be ufa, since the 2007 trade deadline. He says trades have to make sense for both the short term and longterm.

CREW99AW is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
  #935
Jay Cee
P4G
 
Jay Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I badly want them to do that...will leave another team needing a starting goalie.
Bryz has like 7 years after this one left on his contract. Can you imagine going to your employer as a GM and saying you made a 40+ million dollar mistake you need corrected?? I don't care if you're Apple or the Green Bay Packers. That is a lot of money to anyone.

I don't know what the terms of the buyouts are going to be exactly so I will reserve final opinion. But that has very little chance of happening, if any.

Jay Cee is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
  #936
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
It would have to be with a long extension, agreed to before the trade was completed.

Snow has not traded significant assets for a soon to be ufa, since the 2007 trade deadline. He says trades have to make sense for both the short term and longterm.
I don't think it would be too outlandish for Edler's agent to be looking for something in the 6-6.5 range, which the Canucks obviously can't afford, but the Islanders could probably accomodate?

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
  #937
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
Bryz has like 7 years after this one left on his contract. Can you imagine going to your employer as a GM and saying you made a 40+ million dollar mistake you need corrected?? I don't care if you're Apple or the Green Bay Packers. That is a lot of money to anyone.

I don't know what the terms of the buyouts are going to be exactly so I will reserve final opinion. But that has very little chance of happening, if any.
There's so many epic fails at GM in this league, nothing would surprise me any more.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
  #938
silvercanuck
Registered User
 
silvercanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
Ballard's defensive style of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off doesn't strike me as the trademark of a great defenseman. He also doesn't fit in the future make-up of our defense, unless Edler isn't re-signed. There's no doubt that Ballard is the 6th best defenseman on our roster currently, and at $4-million in a reduced cap world, that's just not a good investment.

This leads to the question, in what area is Ballard better than Corrado? Experience, hip-checking, and some speed. Yet worse shot, awareness, size and positioning. If we see Corrado at camp, it won't be for seasoning, it'll be to push Ballard.
Despite whatever opinion you have of Ballard he is an NHL regular and he does have trade value. Corrado is still just a prospect who is a long shot to make the team this year. If you see him at camp it'll be for a look. There is no way the Canucks are playing him in the NHL half way through his OHL. FTR I've been a Corrado fan since his first camp but I'm also realistic.

silvercanuck is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
  #939
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Ballard would thrive on a team that valued defenceman hauling the puck up the ice and breakouts designed that way. Vigneault prefers his defencemen to safely chip the puck up the boards to the forwards and play the line positionally. I don't know whether Ballard can't or just won't adjust, but he hasn't. Because of that Vigneault lost confidence in him and does not put him on the PP.

Call it poor scouting or a hard headed player/coach, but the clash in styles has led to Ballard being viewed as a poor player, when in reality he is a very skilled player, just gets no PP time or chance to skate the puck up the ice. It's quite the dichotomy and one has to wonder how far it will go.

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
  #940
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I don't think it would be too outlandish for Edler's agent to be looking for something in the 6-6.5 range, which the Canucks obviously can't afford, but the Islanders could probably accomodate?
No idea

Wang's finally gotten his arena issue settled, Ratner's trying to get him out of his Coliseum lease before 2015 and Wang's pushing season tix sales for Brooklyn.

All of which, makes me hope he's ready to re-open his checkbook.

Streit's $4.1m comes off the books this summer. Some fans think, that the isles won't pay anyone more then Tavares $5.5m.

CREW99AW is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
  #941
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
Bryz has like 7 years after this one left on his contract. Can you imagine going to your employer as a GM and saying you made a 40+ million dollar mistake you need corrected?? I don't care if you're Apple or the Green Bay Packers. That is a lot of money to anyone.
I seem to recall reading that was the head honcho himself - Snider - that pushed Holmgren to sign Bryz.

Guess he was too tired of waiting for the GM to get a goalie......too bad for him he should've waited a bit longer....

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM
  #942
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,642
vCash: 500
We should sign Brule. He'll be paid under the threshold (9??k) so we can send him down without him counting against the cap.

Did they do away with recall waivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Nope...not nearly enough to send Luongo to a conference rival.
Bolland makes our team a hell of a lot better going into the playoffs.

I do it if it's a 1st round pick.

Scurr is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
  #943
Timmer44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Van City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Nope...not nearly enough to send Luongo to a conference rival.
I think the conferences will be blown up this summer. Chicago wont be in the Canucks division so it's moot.

Timmer44 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
  #944
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We should sign Brule. He'll be paid under the threshold (9??k) so we can send him down without him counting against the cap.

Did they do away with recall waivers?



Bolland makes our team a hell of a lot better going into the playoffs.

I do it if it's a 1st round pick.
Is he a free agent again? I thought for some reason he caught on somewhere. I'm all for bringing him in.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 04:08 PM
  #945
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,187
vCash: 500
bring in a veteran center to anchor the 2nd line when kesler comes back

David71 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
  #946
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.
 
Canadian Gold X3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nanaimo B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 500
Would NYI buyout Rick Dipietro? I can see him being a good backup for Schneider. 1 year @ 1.5m is the most I'd offer him.

Canadian Gold X3 is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
  #947
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Is he a free agent again? I thought for some reason he caught on somewhere. I'm all for bringing him in.
He is a free agent. There was some kind of incident with him and Marc Crawford in Switzerland that raises questions about where his head is at but he's worth a look imo.

Scurr is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
  #948
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We should sign Brule. He'll be paid under the threshold (9??k) so we can send him down without him counting against the cap.

Did they do away with recall waivers?



Bolland makes our team a hell of a lot better going into the playoffs.

I do it if it's a 1st round pick.
Bolland is a depth player, a good depth player but not enough for me to hand over a player that makes them infinitely better. A first would help but I have no interest in Bickell, give me a prospect of some value and I'd be more amenable.

Bolland, Danault/McNeill and a 1st and I'd think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer44 View Post
I think the conferences will be blown up this summer. Chicago wont be in the Canucks division so it's moot.
"You think", thats not good enough for me to trade Luongo there without it being an overpayment...but thats just me.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
  #949
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Bolland is a depth player, a good depth player but not enough for me to hand over a player that makes them infinitely better. A first would help but I have no interest in Bickell, give me a prospect of some value and I'd be more amenable.

Bolland, Danault/McNeill and a 1st and I'd think about it.



"You think", thats not good enough for me to trade Luongo there without it being an overpayment...but thats just me.
Two more conditions: Bolland has to wear a faceshield so I can try and pretend it's not him out there. Secondly, Toews has to hand the Cup to Lu first.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
  #950
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Bolland is a depth player, a good depth player but not enough for me to hand over a player that makes them infinitely better.
Luongo makes their goaltending much better but losing Bolland would crush their centre depth and defensive play. With Bolland they are extremely thin up the middle and a club with poor team defense - take Bolland away and they're a nightmare waiting to happen.

If Chicago is likely to move out East I sure hope these 2 clubs are talking trade. With how we utilize zone starts/matchups, Bolland would be unbelievably valuable IMO...

To Chi- Luongo, Malhotra
To Van- Bolland, Shaw, 2nd

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Raymond Bolland Hansen
Shaw Lapierre Kassian
Weise

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.