HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
Hammer Slammer suggested we continue with the "Trade Kane" bad-mouthing on this sticky.

....... I'm in.
Why? Because he thought a fat stack of cash was a telephone? So what? He scores goals. A lot of them.

I'd be all for trading him, if I knew something better was coming back in return. Anyone on these team can be traded as long as the price is right, lets not forget that. Its all for the good of the team. As much as I like bryan little, I could see him being packaged off at the deadline for a bigger bodied player. Especially if Scheifele makes the team.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:16 AM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
Not sure where this belongs but Lawless is tweeting a 48 game season on the 19th with camp opening this Sat or Mon. He also said that we might open vs the Devils 1pm.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:20 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Not sure where this belongs but Lawless is tweeting a 48 game season on the 19th with camp opening this Sat or Mon. He also said that we might open vs the Devils 1pm.
A Devil's reporter said the same yesterday.

Quote:
It's already been reported Devils would open in Winnipeg on Jan. 19 (1 p.m. start) if it's a 48-game schedule.
https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/sta...42595253006340

Old
01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

home game vs. devils (who might be missing Kovy) on a saturday at 1 PM?

love it

Old
01-07-2013, 08:29 AM
puck stoppa

Why no Kovy, is he staying the KHL?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Maybe. It's not sure yet (AFAIK). The KHL will definitely try to hold their stars (Malkin, Ovy, Kovy ...) and between the NHL and KHL is a contract respect agreement. If they want to stay for the rest of this season, I guess they will.

*update*

I just visited the Devils board and they expect him to be in Jersey when camp starts but don't have a quote from him about his near-future plans. I'll update if they have a source.

Last edited by GermanJetsFan: 01-07-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Maybe. It's not sure yet (AFAIK). The KHL will definitely try to hold their stars (Malkin, Ovy, Kovy ...) and between the NHL and KHL is a contract respect agreement. If they want to stay for the rest of this season, I guess they will.

*update*

I just visited the Devils board and they expect him to be in Jersey when camp starts but don't have a quote from him about his near-future plans. I'll update if they have a source.
???? NHL and Khl have moa signed to respect contracts, Khl knew this was a lockout only thing. Only exceptions might be guys like visnovsky who plan to never return to na, or do not have a valid NHL contract (o'reilly, a. Kostitsyn). There zero chance a guy like kovy stays...although I know Khl was hoping the guys could stay for all star game, but that's this weekend, not the 19th...

Old
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

I guess it's more "hope" than "knowledge"

Old
01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I don't think Trouba is on the team next year to be honest. He had a great junior tournament, but I can really see him going back to Michigan for another year at least.

If Hainsey wants to stay, I agree that Hainsey and Bogo's salaries are going to have to be swapped (maybe not exactly, but in principle).

Also, are the salary benchmarks going forward going to change with the new CBA?

As for the trade, even though I think we could use more of a big and tough defensive D to pair with Bogo, and even though I don't like trading 1st round picks, I would make that deal under the assumption that our pick was in the 20's, and that the + along with Postma wasn't something big.

When Trouba was on the team in a few years, a core of Bogo, MDZ, and Trouba, along with Enstrom and Buff would be playoff run caliber IMO.
Hey Huff, I would love to have a guy like MDZ - just not seeing how we get there.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Ron Hainsey is in Winnipeg next year. I don't think it has anything to do with whether he wants to stay, I think the org is going to move in another direction (maybe even at the deadline this year). If you are going to have 30+ year old d-men to go with your core group, I just don't think it is Hainsey. I see more of a Scuderi or Hal Gill "type" of player fitting in.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

Can't wait til Kaner scores his first goal of the year.

I hope when he celebrates, he holds his glove up to his ear like a phone to troll everyone.

#Raycharlestothehaters

Old
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Hey Huff, I would love to have a guy like MDZ - just not seeing how we get there.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Ron Hainsey is in Winnipeg next year. I don't think it has anything to do with whether he wants to stay, I think the org is going to move in another direction (maybe even at the deadline this year). If you are going to have 30+ year old d-men to go with your core group, I just don't think it is Hainsey. I see more of a Scuderi or Hal Gill "type" of player fitting in.
Agree with you on MDZ. I don't really think he is in play, just responding to that post from a Ranger fan.

Agree with you on the Scuderi or Gill like player as well. Scuderi would be great in that spot. Or a guy like Mitchell. Smid would be pretty good as well, but don't think the Oilers are going to let him go. A true defensive D (with some physicality) to pair with Bogo would be great IMO.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post

I hope when he celebrates, he holds his glove up to his ear like a phone to troll everyone.

#Raycharlestothehaters

As I've said all along, he needs to embrace this bad-boy persona.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
As I've said all along, he needs to embrace this bad-boy persona.
Needs to come out for the pregame skate Dean Portman style

Old
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
home game vs. devils (who might be missing Kovy) on a saturday at 1 PM?

love it
With Marty and Buff on the ice at the same time without a full training camp I hope the ice doesn't crack with their extra chub

Old
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
With Marty and Buff on the ice at the same time without a full training camp I hope the ice doesn't crack with their extra chub
Don't forget about the second heaviest goaltender in the NHL Pavelec... that's pretty much the 3 heaviest dudes on at once...

Old
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Don't forget about the second heaviest goaltender in the NHL Pavelec... that's pretty much the 3 heaviest dudes on at once...
If Antro's not still injured by the time it starts, add another 240lbs.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM
SCP Guy

Poor zamboni driver lol

Old
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:

Well in NHL 13 I offer sheeted MDZ to play for the Jets.

I see your point though. With all the cap concerns I can't really see what we can offer the NYR that will benefit their team, but won't overly damage their cap. Maybe if we absorb the Redden contract and buy him out this summer?

On the note of Scuderi. That would be amazing. I doubt LA lets him go free. He's one of (if not the most) underrated defenseman in the entire league.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post

#Raycharlestothehaters

So much this!!

Old
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
KrisowszyJetsPL

Need D a'la Fordman but We've Goldberg in Buff??

Old
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Gah. A ****ing matinee game as the season opener? I work nights. Blah. :/

Old
01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Well in NHL 13 I offer sheeted MDZ to play for the Jets.

I see your point though. With all the cap concerns I can't really see what we can offer the NYR that will benefit their team, but won't overly damage their cap. Maybe if we absorb the Redden contract and buy him out this summer?

On the note of Scuderi. That would be amazing. I doubt LA lets him go free. He's one of (if not the most) underrated defenseman in the entire league.
I hear ya, not really implying we could get Scuderi (but love if we could). Can you guys think of any 30+ stay at home guys that we can wrestle from somewhere to be with Bogo, Trouba, Enstrom, Buff and whomever else might be here for the next 5+ years? I don't think that Hainsey is going to be that guy.

Part of the problem is that the Kings and everybody else want a Scuderi to play with their core

Old
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I hear ya, not really implying we could get Scuderi (but love if we could). Can you guys think of any 30+ stay at home guys that we can wrestle from somewhere to be with Bogo, Trouba, Enstrom, Buff and whomever else might be here for the next 5+ years? I don't think that Hainsey is going to be that guy.

Part of the problem is that the Kings and everybody else want a Scuderi to play with their core
And we had a young Scuderi and let him walk back across the pond to Sibir

Old
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
puck stoppa

Loved Jokinen's quotes from today talking about the city. He says he loves it here and his family wanted to stay here over going to Florida if the lockout didn't end. I have tons of respect for this guy, wish he was younger and Id put Jokinen on my next jersey. Can't wait to cheer for this guys!
ps- mods, didnt there used to be another sticky where we could post team stuff like this?

Old
01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
And we had a young Scuderi and let him walk back across the pond to Sibir
Maybe he comes back next year... Maybe...

Closed Thread