Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?

Old
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Paying that price for Brouillard is because we are at the Christmas trade period.....not because other GMs did not want to get him....on the contrary.
There was a bid war for Brouillard and the price to get him was that one....for every GM.
you have a hard time reading also!! or maybe your "missing facts" as you would say.
i didnt say no other GM's wanted Brouillard. I said, GM's dont want to deal with LGM.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
you have a hard time reading also!! or maybe your "missing facts" as you would say.
i didnt say no other GM's wanted Brouillard. I said, GM's dont want to deal with LGM.
Kind of strange that he traded 11 times so far this Christmas isn't it if GMs don't want to trade with him

Maybe they are instead trading with Couturier....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Fiore was also part of the trade. Also , remember how good Carl Marois was supposed to be according to someone ? Titan sent him to Victo for only a 6th round pick..
He (CHSB) was on another site this weekend, stating that the titan would possibly move Macdonald (goalie) at the draft and Marois or Fiore in return for Murphy. And also mentions that this is the type of return it should take to get Huberdeau.

Am i the only one that doesnt see logic in this? Marois = 6th round pick, Fiore = 1.2pt per game Midget (which means he's still playing midget )

Old
01-07-2013, 02:21 PM
welcometothebigshow2

My god lol, you guys are really making a fool out of chsb.. I honestly do think though, if Bathurst manages to land a #1 D and maybe a #4, they could contend, but the problem is, there isn't any #1s available.. So that shoots Bathurst out the door. The only capable top 4 dmen on that team, that would MAYBE play top four on a contender, are Girard, and Godin (?)..

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
My god lol, you guys are really making a fool out of chsb.. I honestly do think though, if Bathurst manages to land a #1 D and maybe a #4, they could contend, but the problem is, there isn't any #1s available.. So that shoots Bathurst out the door. The only capable top 4 dmen on that team, that would MAYBE play top four on a contender, are Girard, and Godin (?)..
Right, and that's what I asked him in another thread!! Tell me who you will get that makes sense for both teams!! BC aren't trading Noreau. Murphy will take much more than Macdonald to get....the market just isn't there

Old
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
chsb

Quote:
Right, and that's what I asked him in another thread!! Tell me who you will get that makes sense for both teams!! BC aren't trading Noreau. Murphy will take much more than Macdonald to get....the market just isn't there
How many 16 YO goaltenders in the Q this season?

How much are worth one of MacDonald/Bilia/Bureau?

Right now Vald'Or are shopping for a backup goaltender...they are worth a lot specially at that age.

Add to that a guy like Gallant or Blanchard and I think we could make a deal for Murphy who is cherry picking where he wants to land....he wants to be back in the Maritimes...and asked for a trade.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:

Right now Vald'Or are shopping for a backup goaltender...they are worth a lot specially at that age.

Add to that a guy like Gallant or Blanchard and I think we could make a deal for Murphy who is cherry picking where he wants to land....he wants to be back in the Maritimes...and asked for a trade.

Riiiiiiiiight.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Why would Val D'Or need a goalie ?

Also no way Murphy goes to Bathurst... I could see QC or Hali making a strong push.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Catz

Quote:

Vald"or already got Trudeau how many back ups do they need?

Nice trade salvail for nobody wow worst gm in the league

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:49 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz View Post
Vald"or already got Trudeau how many back ups do they need?

Nice trade salvail for nobody wow worst gm in the league
Well we will see what kind of work our GM did this trade period once it's over...

I thought I had seen the name Gabriel Labbe in the Salvail trade....

Old
01-08-2013, 12:31 AM
RJQuack

Etienne Salvail can't score, is pretty soft... Doesn't really have much of anything except being a guy who gets 3rd/4th line minutes... Didn't want to play there maybe... Good move by LGM for what he's dealing with.

As for the Titan trade period as a whole, it's been typical. 12 moves this past month, and 16 in the season... But, for what position they're in I give LGM credit for doing what he's done.

Hynes experiment didn't work, traded for a better 20 and moved up one round in the draft, not bad. Banville didn't want to be there, an ok 3rd liner, good way to get some picks. Taking a chance on Walsh and Gingras may pay off, they're still young.... Not sure I agree with trading his first for a guy like Brouillard considering where they are in the standings.

There wasn't much he could do really, as there clearly wasn't major interest in his overagers, so he couldn't sell... No matter what LGM did the vultures (and they are circling) will nit-pick everything he does and criticize him lol... I also sometimes get the sense that he can't afford to house these players so he moves them in January lol.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:32 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Etienne Salvail can't score, is pretty soft... Doesn't really have much of anything except being a guy who gets 3rd/4th line minutes... Didn't want to play there maybe... Good move by LGM for what he's dealing with.

As for the Titan trade period as a whole, it's been typical. 12 moves this past month, and 16 in the season... But, for what position they're in I give LGM credit for doing what he's done.

Hynes experiment didn't work, traded for a better 20 and moved up one round in the draft, not bad. Banville didn't want to be there, an ok 3rd liner, good way to get some picks. Taking a chance on Walsh and Gingras may pay off, they're still young.... Not sure I agree with trading his first for a guy like Brouillard considering where they are in the standings.

There wasn't much he could do really, as there clearly wasn't major interest in his overagers, so he couldn't sell... No matter what LGM did the vultures (and they are circling) will nit-pick everything he does and criticize him lol... I also sometimes get the sense that he can't afford to house these players so he moves them in January lol.
Good call on the trade period as a whole!

I also think that Delorme will play a bigger role than expected on the team from what I saw.
Also Pelletier is pretty good for a guy who was out of Junior Major for a full season period.

Finally the sentence "he can't afford to house these players so he moves them in January " can be answered this way:
he has the same amount of players now to house than he had in December prior to the trade period.

Brouillard was paid dearly simply because te market dictated that price.

The Titan are an improved team this morning compared to the start of the trading period.
The question that remains to be answered is to what extent.

The regular followers of the Titan already noticed a significant improvement so far.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:46 AM
ClemQ

Quote:

yeah..your right....a 16yr old goalie who hasnt proved anything is worth nearly as much as a 17yr old dman who is almost averaging a pt/game and already a top 4D.

He's gone to halifax anyway!

Old
01-08-2013, 06:40 AM
chsb

Quote:
yeah..your right....a 16yr old goalie who hasnt proved anything is worth nearly as much as a 17yr old dman who is almost averaging a pt/game and already a top 4D.

He's gone to halifax anyway!
Not too many teams could afford to take the risk of throwing a Gazzola bac the other way!

Add that to 2 first round picks and it makes a paramount price for a D who is NOT as good as Gazzola defensively at this moment and pretty well equal offensively.

Now, if you take into account the departure of Gillard, it becomes a gamble for the Mooseheads.
They clearly looked beyond this season by doing that trade.

NO other team could afford that kind of gamble move and this is the reason he landed in Halifax.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Catz

The mighty Titan loose to a Gatineau team playing 3 in 3?

Even the crappy wildcats beat them.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:19 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Not too many teams could afford to take the risk of throwing a Gazzola bac the other way!

Add that to 2 first round picks and it makes a paramount price for a D who is NOT as good as Gazzola defensively at this moment and pretty well equal offensively.

Now, if you take into account the departure of Gillard, it becomes a gamble for the Mooseheads.
They clearly looked beyond this season by doing that trade.

NO other team could afford that kind of gamble move and this is the reason he landed in Halifax.
I'd say he's better than Gazzola defensively. Even if not, it's pretty close, and Murphy stays here for two seasons after.... Better than Gillard, maybe not, but Gazzola and a 1st for Murphy with the other two picks cancelling essentially is a deal you do 7 days a week.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I'd say he's better than Gazzola defensively. Even if not, it's pretty close, and Murphy stays here for two seasons after.... Better than Gillard, maybe not, but Gazzola and a 1st for Murphy with the other two picks cancelling essentially is a deal you do 7 days a week.
It was a great deal for Halifax. Like you mentioned, their 2nd is only a few picks behind that 1st so they're a wash. So basically a late 1st and Gazzola(FA) for a stud 17 year old dman that will contribute for a couple seasons. No brainer for Cam. Murphy is better defensively than Gazzola. He's already solid all around and very poise.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:20 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
It was a great deal for Halifax. Like you mentioned, their 2nd is only a few picks behind that 1st so they're a wash. So basically a late 1st and Gazzola(FA) for a stud 17 year old dman that will contribute for a couple seasons. No brainer for Cam. Murphy is better defensively than Gazzola. He's already solid all around and very poise.
can you imagine that bathurst was trying to buy at the deadline..... Gatineau played 3rd game in 3 nights and they beat bathurst. Not just beat them, but, outshot them also!!!

wonder what CHSB will come up for an excuse?

Old
01-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Catz

Quote:
can you imagine that bathurst was trying to buy at the deadline..... Gatineau played 3rd game in 3 nights and they beat bathurst. Not just beat them, but, outshot them also!!!

Doubt he will be on for awhile after this loss

He says no team wants to play the Titan first round.
I say every team is praying they get the Titan first round

Old
01-13-2013, 08:39 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

He'll pull something out of his ***. A 14th/15th team buying ... LOL... I guess there's a first for everything!

Old
01-14-2013, 04:52 PM
chsb

Quote:

No excuse here!

The Titan sucked big time last night....so much that the players went up and down the stairs all around the stands many times after the game.
I doubt they play lazy another time....any way I hope so.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz View Post
Doubt he will be on for awhile after this loss

He says no team wants to play the Titan first round.
I say every team is praying they get the Titan first round
By the time we reach the playoffs we will see how many games the Wildcats will win against the Titan.
Don't forget that we face you guys twice this month back to back....one home one away.

I doubt that your team get easy wins like two teams got this week.

The Titan are inconsistent and have been since the beginning of the season.
Their problems start and end there.

Any night they can beat a top team, but they have problems putting 2-3 good performances back to back.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
chsb

Quote:
He'll pull something out of his ***. A 14th/15th team buying ... LOL... I guess there's a first for everything!
Why should pull something out my ass?

I was not the one who made the trade and believe me LGM still believe that he will make some noise in the playoffs.

Dupont is quite a Coach....

Old
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
ClemQ

Quote:

I was not the one who made the trade and believe me LGM still believe that he will make some noise in the playoffs.

Too much kool aid again....

Old
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Trois Riviere Titan