HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
derriko

vCash: 50
Well my question is where will Da Costa play? Turris and Spezza are not moving anywhere. I guess he could get called up if Spezza gets injured, but they might opt for Zibanejad as 2C. Even if its not Zib, hell, even Regin might get promoted assuming hes not injured.

Da Costa is a good prospect no doubt, but hes at our most expendable position, and the trade helps us in our shallowest spot.

Hes only 32 as well, so he could be resigned and play with Phillips on the 3rd pair. Im getting chills even thinking about another form of the Phillips-Volchenkov pairing.

If Boro is ready to he called up next year, he could start as our 7th d-man while Robyn mentors him on how to play physical without going over the edge.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I wonder how enticing Da Costa, and / or Petersson, plus a 3rd or something is for Regehr? Da Costa and a 3rd is probably better than Petersson + 3rd, but would that be enough (rivals have to overpay)
Buffalo is in the middle of going anti small... they want size especially at center

Old
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
derriko

Well I know you wouldnt be a fan of this, but how about Petersson + Grant?

Grant is good no doubt, and can play wing, which is important in the bottom 6, but we have Obrien and Smith as established bottom 6 centers who can also play pk. I guess mentioning this, Obrien could possibly work as well.

Though I dont know if these are enough value for a pretty good d-man.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
BK201

DaCosta can play wing crisis averted.

Plus with Hodgson Grigorenko and girgensons I wouldn't want to give them DaCosta too.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
operasen

Hoffman, Stone, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Borowiecki, Wiercioch, Lehner are the untouchables in Binghamton for me, unless a deal knocks our socks off. Zibanejad is the first off that list if the return is good.

If we were including him in a package with a 3rd, because we do not have our 2nd this year, I'd want a high potential return, not a stop-gap. Something like a Gormley, Hamilton (won't happen), Fowler, et al. Zibanejad is highly rated (top 5?) on the HF Top 50 - if we are to play that card, the return should be a good one.

I like Regher, but that is too rich for a short season stop-gap.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Colin White is a lesser Carkner that cant fight.
Right on Bennedict Cumberbatch.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Hoffman, Stone, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Borowiecki, Wiercioch, Lehner are the untouchables in Binghamton for me, unless a deal knocks our socks off. Zibanejad is the first off that list if the return is good.

If we were including him in a package with a 3rd, because we do not have our 2nd this year, I'd want a high potential return, not a stop-gap. Something like a Gormley, Hamilton (won't happen), Fowler, et al. Zibanejad is highly rated (top 5?) on the HF Top 50 - if we are to play that card, the return should be a good one.

IRL I think only Lehner and Silfverberg are untouchable I mean Hoffman is not untouchable.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:45 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:

Don't see them as untouchables, not by a long shot. IMHO, Stone has a higher trade value than Zibanejad, whose current trade value alone makes him not worth talking trades (you won't get as much). If the right deal came, Stone is a big piece from our forward prospects.

Hoffman, Boro, and Wiercioch will all be traded for the right deal. It won't have to be an exception package either. I think the Sens fan here hold them higher than what they are actually worth on the market. Having said that, I think each of them has the potential to contribute to the big club. There is no value added by negating these prospects via trades. They are more valuable to the organization.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Don't see them as untouchables, not by a long shot. IMHO, Stone has a higher trade value than Zibanejad, whose current trade value alone makes him not worth talking trades (you won't get as much). If the right deal came, Stone is a big piece from our forward prospects.

Hoffman, Boro, and Wiercioch will all be traded for the right deal. It won't have to be an exception package either. I think the Sens fan here hold them higher than what they are actually worth on the market. Having said that, I think each of them has the potential to contribute to the big club. There is no value added by negating these prospects via trades. They are more valuable to the organization.
I hear you, but we need Boro and Wiercioch right now. Developing our own is great, but with Cowen down and the guys we have, the list is in flux until MacLean makes his decisions. And injury callups will pressure the Binghamton express as well.

Hoffman is a guy I really like. He almost made the team a couple of times. He's the guy (next year) that will really push for a spot, along with Stone, if he does not get one this year.

Zibanejad is full of potential, but needs to find the net in the AHL and dominate there for a year.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:

I can't imagine that any team is going to trade a "blue chip" d-man prospect, especially one with 2 years of NHL experience like Fowler, for Zib. Adding a 3rd doesn't change that at all.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Tyskie
StanleyCup™ Run 2017

Anyone know for sure if Paul Ranger is tied to the Leafs, or was his Marlies contract more of a tryout? He spent his off years in Ottawa so he might be open to signing here.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Anyone know for sure if Paul Ranger is tied to the Leafs, or was his Marlies contract more of a tryout? He spent his off years in Ottawa so he might be open to signing here.
i thought i read he signed an ahl contract with the marlies, so i believe he is free to sign with any nhl team. i read one of the latest marlies gdt, and they mentioned ranger having a good game and turning it up lately. i think he should be considered.

edit: mmm, tyskie.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Bazel5

I know we want to go for a NHL ready dman but the picking is somewhat slim.

If we were going to make a trade, why not someone we can invest in long-term?

Pittsburgh has a glut of high quality dman. What would it take to pry one of Dumoulin, Harrington, or Despres?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

Cam Barker could fill in as the 6th D quite well, watched like 2-3 games with him last year and looked OK..he was let go by one of the worst teams in NHL though so not so sure.. wonder if Murray has been in contact with him.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
operasen

If the Gonchar to Pittsburgh rumor does have legs, I hope either Matta or Despress are part of the return. Since D seems to be Murray's issue at the moment, I think that happens, if it does, in March.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Buffalo is in the middle of going anti small... they want size especially at center
The NHL as a whole are going bigger & so should Ottawa. I would like to see any deal that packages Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau & Wideman for a legitimate NHL defenceman.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
saskriders
Can't Hold Leads

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Well my question is where will Da Costa play? Turris and Spezza are not moving anywhere. I guess he could get called up if Spezza gets injured, but they might opt for Zibanejad as 2C. Even if its not Zib, hell, even Regin might get promoted assuming hes not injured.

Da Costa is a good prospect no doubt, but hes at our most expendable position, and the trade helps us in our shallowest spot.

Hes only 32 as well, so he could be resigned and play with Phillips on the 3rd pair. Im getting chills even thinking about another form of the Phillips-Volchenkov pairing.

If Boro is ready to he called up next year, he could start as our 7th d-man while Robyn mentors him on how to play physical without going over the edge.
I would love to see Volch back, but how do we get him if the Devils don't use their amnesty buy out

Old
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Synthetek

Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Cam Barker could fill in as the 6th D quite well, watched like 2-3 games with him last year and looked OK..he was let go by one of the worst teams in NHL though so not so sure.. wonder if Murray has been in contact with him.
I'm with you on Barker, could come cheap and he does have good size.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
BondraTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
The NHL as a whole are going bigger & so should Ottawa. I would like to see any deal that packages Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau & Wideman for a legitimate NHL defenceman.
The obsession with size has to stop. How do Buffalo fans feel to the Hodgson/Kassian deal compared to Vancouver fans. Just because you are 6-4 220 doesn't mean you are a great NHLer. For every Lucic, there are 20 Boris Valabiks, A.J Jenks, Hugh Jessimens and others.

If you can play, you can play.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I hate your idea of a good team and be WR seem to ever agree with you. You always have terrible ideas that only gave anything to do with trading skill for big bruisers..

Old
01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
The obsession with size has to stop. How do Buffalo fans feel to the Hodgson/Kassian deal compared to Vancouver fans. Just because you are 6-4 220 doesn't mean you are a great NHLer. For every Lucic, there are 20 Boris Valabiks, A.J Jenks, Hugh Jessimens and others.

If you can play, you can play.
I like players who are big & can play .... like Stone, no one is talking about adding big guys who can't play.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:55 PM
danishh

soo, back to dmen.

I have whittled down the free agent list to the following 5 acceptable candidates.

1. Colin White. 35yo defensive dman, played 54 games in san jose last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*Played 3 years for the piques.

2. Chris Campoli. 28yo slightly offensive dman. Played 43 games in montreal last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*played 3 years for the sens.

3. Kurtis Foster. 31yo offensive dman. Played 51 games for anaheim, minnesota, and new jersey last year. Played 14 games for tappara SM-Liiga during lockout.
*from carp

4. Mike Commodore. 33yo defensive dman. Played 30 games for detroit and tampa bay last year. Played 13 games for hamilton (AHL) during the lockout.
*played part of one season for ottawa

5. Paul Ranger. 28yo balanced dman. Took 3 years off hockey. Played 28 games for toronto (AHL) during lockout.
*spent most of those 3 years off hockey in ottawa.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
soo, back to dmen.

I have whittled down the free agent list to the following 5 acceptable candidates.

1. Colin White. 35yo defensive dman, played 54 games in san jose last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*Played 3 years for the piques.

2. Chris Campoli. 28yo slightly offensive dman. Played 43 games in montreal last year. Not playing anywhere during lockout to my knowledge.
*played 3 years for the sens.

3. Kurtis Foster. 31yo offensive dman. Played 51 games for anaheim, minnesota, and new jersey last year. Played 14 games for tappara SM-Liiga during lockout.
*from carp

4. Mike Commodore. 33yo defensive dman. Played 30 games for detroit and tampa bay last year. Played 13 games for hamilton (AHL) during the lockout.
*played part of one season for ottawa

5. Paul Ranger. 28yo balanced dman. Took 3 years off hockey. Played 28 games for toronto (AHL) during lockout.
*spent most of those 3 years off hockey in ottawa.
I looked at that list too & the only guy I would consider adding is Kurtis Foster because he adds an element of offensive potential, size & toughness. IMO he kinda fills a few needs including NHL experience & since he has been playing in Europe he should be in decent shape, plus he is from the Ottawa area.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM
PatrickEaves
All posts unedited

Devils fans were so happy when Foster was traded last season because he was terrible for them.

I'm not sure how he played for the Wild, but I'm not interested in Foster at all.

01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Ranger please.

Closed Thread