HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Cross Owen Sound off the trade market for Corrado. Just made a huge trade for Ceci and former prospect camp invite Steven Janes.
Dang. I've been keep tabs all day at work.

From not following OS too closely, it seemed they needed a offensive guy, and I think Ceci is better for that role than Frankie.

So thefeebster - is Barrie the frontrunner now? You have to believe Corrado is going to move.

Good moves for Ottawa so far....Middleton looked really good at the U-17, and Kuptsov is putting up points....do you think they move Monahan?

*edit - shows what people think of Corrado, and Sudbury. Supposedly, Owen Sound targetted Corrado, but the players involved from Owen Sound vetoed trades to Sudbury (the new place no OHLers want to go). So for Frankie to be sought after as a 1st round NHL pick speaks volumes about his ability. Players vetoing going to Sudbury also speaks volumes towards what Corrado has had to work with down there.

Last edited by arsmaster: 01-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Wayne Maki

Jensen with a goal and assist after two periods. Huselius is out with an injury, so Jensen is back on the top line.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piece View Post
Jensen with a goal and assist after two periods. Huselius is out with an injury, so Jensen is back on the top line.
man idk why but every time i see his name, its always associated with injuries..

Old
01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
That puts Jensen at 13 goals, the last player to do this at this age in SEL is Patrick Hornqvist, and before that was Daniel Sedin.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a stud prospect in the making!

Old
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
billvanseattle

Jensen sounds like hes going to be a steal where we got him.

I still want to see Jensen Schroeder Kassian this year when Jensen comes back. Reminds me so much of the WCE.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Dang. I've been keep tabs all day at work.

From not following OS too closely, it seemed they needed a offensive guy, and I think Ceci is better for that role than Frankie.

So thefeebster - is Barrie the frontrunner now? You have to believe Corrado is going to move.

Good moves for Ottawa so far....Middleton looked really good at the U-17, and Kuptsov is putting up points....do you think they move Monahan?

*edit - shows what people think of Corrado, and Sudbury. Supposedly, Owen Sound targetted Corrado, but the players involved from Owen Sound vetoed trades to Sudbury (the new place no OHLers want to go). So for Frankie to be sought after as a 1st round NHL pick speaks volumes about his ability. Players vetoing going to Sudbury also speaks volumes towards what Corrado has had to work with down there.
My wife tells me Sudbury has a giant nickel. What's not to like?

Old
01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Stop the presses, Jensen registered an assist.

Stats still looks like a Cy Young candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
That puts Jensen at 13 goals, the last player to do this at this age in SEL is Patrick Hornqvist, and before that was Daniel Sedin.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a stud prospect in the making!
Here's hoping!

Old
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
PRNuck

I just flew into a blind rage trying to navigate the Allsvenskan site at work (don't have Chrome here so I can't translate). Is there a different site to get game results and players stats for that league, or am I just clicking on the wrong links there?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Wayne Maki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I just flew into a blind rage trying to navigate the Allsvenskan site at work (don't have Chrome here so I can't translate). Is there a different site to get game results and players stats for that league, or am I just clicking on the wrong links there?
I use http://stats.swehockey.se/ for every Swedish league. Really good for live scores, but not the most intuitive. The only thing really missing is TOI numbers.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:09 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
I use http://stats.swehockey.se/ for every Swedish league. Really good for live scores, but not the most intuitive. The only thing really missing is TOI numbers.
Oh man thanks for that, very helpful. I see Blomstrand got an apple on Saturday, nice!

It's funny how they list +/- as both plusses and minuses and leave you to do the math on your own.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Oh man thanks for that, very helpful. I see Blomstrand got an apple on Saturday, nice!

It's funny how they list +/- as both plusses and minuses and leave you to do the math on your own.
I prefer it actually. Gives you a good idea of what's happening at both ends.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
I prefer it actually. Gives you a good idea of what's happening at both ends.
Yeah it makes sense.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Jensen was actually involved in all 3 of AIK's goals with 1g & 2a.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/38305/live/

Jensen is number 2 on the rookie points list, but clear number 1 in terms of goals.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...YearCategory=1

Jensen also has the most goals on his team.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...ayerPosition=0

Jensen also had 6SOG which put's him at 14 league wise

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...s.aspx?LId=250

And number one out of all the rookies.

HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

^Nice game for Jensen; can't wait to watch the highlights when I'm home.

I can't remember how I stumbled across stats.swehockey.se, but it is a very helpful site. Bit of an odd layout, but once you get the hang of it, it's the best resource for Swedish hockey stats, IMO. Quicker updates than eliteprospects.com.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
ZenMaster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Jensen was actually involved in all 3 of AIK's goals with 1g & 2a.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/38305/live/

Jensen is number 2 on the rookie points list, but clear number 1 in terms of goals.

Jensen also has the most goals on his team.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...ayerPosition=0

Jensen also had 6SOG which put's him at 14 league wise

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...s.aspx?LId=250

And number one out of all the rookies.

HIGHLIGHTS
only a couple points back of Elias Lindholm who is going to be a top 5 draft pick in the upcoming draft. Elias Lindholm also played 12 games last season in the SEL.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
only a couple points back of Elias Lindholm who is going to be a top 5 draft pick in the upcoming draft. Elias Lindholm also played 12 games last season in the SEL.
Even though Lindholm is a couple of years younger, Jensen has scored many more goals, definitely the steal of the first round. If we re-did the draft, I'm sure he would've went higher.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callhee View Post
Even though Lindholm is a couple of years younger, Jensen has scored many more goals, definitely the steal of the first round. If we re-did the draft, I'm sure he would've went higher.
Posted this opinion many times:

I never really even looked into Jensen as a possibility for us in the late 1st in 2011.

Thought for sure he'd have been gone between 12-17th. Quite happy we got him, and not many guys taken after the top 10 and before 29 that I'd take over him right now.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Tiranis

Also worth mentioning that Lindholm has done most of his damage on the PP while Jensen has scored quite a bit at ES (8 of his 13 goals).

Old
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:

I never really even looked into Jensen as a possibility for us in the late 1st in 2011.

Thought for sure he'd have been gone between 12-17th. Quite happy we got him, and not many guys taken after the top 10 and before 29 that I'd take over him right now.
Definitely, I remember looking through the draft rankings in the October of 2010 and thinking of how sweet it would be if we could get Jensen but I figured he'd be gone by 15. Definitely glad that he fell to us and I agree that I'd take him over pretty much everybody from 14 to 29.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I think all the CHL forwards picked before Jensen had better point production than him at the time. Not sure why it's surprising he's picked after them?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
I think all the CHL forwards picked before Jensen had better point production than him at the time. Not sure why it's surprising he's picked after them?
Because if we drafted by stats then Rick Nash wouldn't be a 1st overall but Rob Schremp would. And the consensus at the time was that Jensen would be off the board by 20, maybe 25. Jensen was also the only rookie in the CHL.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

I wanted Jurco, or Jensen at the time. Glad we got Jensen.. not happy that Jurco is a Detroit prospect.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
thefeebster

Quote:

Too bad for Sudbury. According to rumours, they've had two trades shut down because the player coming back refused to report. Can't blame the GM, hard to make deals like this.

I want Barrie for him and it makes the most sense to me. But if Perlini didn't report for Leivo to go to Barrie, I'm not sure who else they decide to move for them. But i wouldn't count out Oshawa.

Also wouldn't count out Niagara. All depends on what happens to the deadline. If it isn't moved, the question is whether Strome or Dougie coming back? If you feel they are, then their GM could make moves to gear up for another run and Corrado would have been a possibility there.

Quote:

I was adamant that Montreal would pick him at 17 and even there, i thought they would be getting good value.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I wanted Jurco, or Jensen at the time. Glad we got Jensen.. not happy that Jurco is a Detroit prospect.
From the times I've seen Grand Rapids against the Wolves, Jurco has not stood out in any way. Looks significantly behind the play most of the time. Thought Jensen made much more of an impact last season with the Wolves. But it's too early to judge him obviously, just thought you might be interested.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
tools? thats why?

6'3", skates well, excellent shot.

The NHL draft is not about taking the player with the most points. I understand your premise here - temper expectations, so they don't get out of hand like usual, but Jensen's skill set, size etc in my mind made him much more highly sought after than Stefan Noesen, Vlad Namestnikov, Tyler Biggs or Matt Puempel (I thought Ottawa was trading up for Jensen...so did many Senators fans).

Closed Thread