Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsey View Post
So yeah, apparently Bouchard is symptom free so he better be playing!!
He hasn't yet played with contact so I wouldn't pencil him into the lineup just yet. If he is ready I would rather have him on a line with Granny instead of Cullen. Those two could make some great plays together. Although that line seems a bit soft with either Cullen or Butch on the wing there is not really another option. I am guessing Butch will still be out for the rest of the year. I have just lost all hope in him staying healthy. So hopefully Cullen has his early season offensive explosion like the past two years.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Is that because of circumstance or is he not ready? I agree with the others that I think that the combination of players on that line could really work well.
*IF Bouchard is cleared to play:

1. Mikko Koivu
2. Zach Parise
3. Mikael Granlund
4. Devin Setoguchi
5. Pierre-Marc Bouchard
6. Matt Cullen
7. Kyle Brodziak
8. Cal Clutterbuck
9. Torrey Mitchell
10. Darroll Powe
11. Zenon Konopka
12. Matt Kassian

Two-way deals legitimately in line for bottom 6:
1. Jake Dowell
2. Nick Palmieri
3. Stephane Veilleux
4. David McIntyre
5. Jarod Palmer
6. Carson McMillan

Coyle will need an injury to find his way onto the Wild line-up. Bouchard may be it, however the Wild could chose to go with a safer route and move a player up the depth chart while elevating a player on a two-way that I listed.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Clutterbuck isn't going to be on the 4th line.
You're right. He's going to be traded in that scenario.

Quote:
And Coyle isn't starting the year with the Wild, IMO. Especially if Bouchard can actually go from the start.
You're right. But going forward (and if PMB can stay healthy), that would be a lethal 3rd line. Maybe not so physical, but we have our 4th line to take care of that.

That only leaves our 2nd line. Let's see how Cullen does before throwing him to the wolves. Shortened season might suit him fine. If not, we have a problem. Who do we replace him with? Zucker? Sure, having Zucker and Setoguchi scoring from Granlund's feeds would be nice but that line would be quite small and even with Zucker's two-way play, they would be a defensive liability. Larsson? No, we can't have him over Zucker. It's just not reasonable, unless he can prove that he can outplay Zucker. I don't see that happening.

As of 2013, I'm proposing:

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Setoguchi
Bouchard-Brodziak-Coyle
Mitchell-Konopka/Dowell-Powe
Veilleux

Palmieri might be one option going down the line. If he can develop into an NHL-level power forward, we could use him on the 2nd line with Zucker and Granlund moving forward, or have him take Coyle's spot on the 3rd line. Of course that would mean that Setoguchi would be moved, which I don't see happening. He should be given an opportunity.

We could also move Granlund between Parise and Heatley, and have Koivu center Zucker and Setoguchi. That might actually work... Nah, it won't.

If we'd move Clutterbuck+ for C. Gunnarsson as I've proposed earlier, our team would look very good.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I don't think we can just assume Clutterbuck is going to be traded at this point.

Your safer assumption is that Bouchard won't be ready. In which I would personally go something like I posted previous:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Heatley - Brodziak - Granlund
Setoguchi - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Konopka - Powe
Kassian

But I can just as easily see Yeo not wanting to find consistency with his team in addition to bringing two rookies along in key roles and the lines would look something like:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Setoguchi - Granlund - Cullen
Mitchell - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Veilleux - Konopka - Powe
Kassian

I honestly think Granlund will be the only rookie for a few games barring multiple injuries as Yeo will want to get a sense of what he's working with before supplementing it with help from Houston. That way he'll have a better idea of what sort of player he needs to add.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Quote:
I don't think we can just assume Clutterbuck is going to be traded at this point.

Your safer assumption is that Bouchard won't be ready. In which I would personally go something like I posted previous:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Heatley - Brodziak - Granlund
Setoguchi - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Kassian

But I can just as easily see Yeo not wanting to find consistency with his team in addition to bringing two rookies along in key roles and the lines would look something like:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Setoguchi - Granlund - Cullen
Mitchell - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Veilleux - Konopka - Powe
Kassian

I honestly think Granlund will be the only rookie for a few games barring multiple injuries as Yeo will want to get a sense of what he's working with before supplementing it with help from Houston. That way he'll have a better idea of what sort of player he needs to add.
Yeah, ima go for that 2nd lineup

Old
01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Teddy10Beers

Reading through the thread and see most scenarios with Torrey Mitchell on the 4th line. Did we really sign Mitchell to a three year deal at $1.9M/yr to play the 4th line?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:18 PM
ford0016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
He hasn't yet played with contact so I wouldn't pencil him into the lineup just yet. If he is ready I would rather have him on a line with Granny instead of Cullen. Those two could make some great plays together. Although that line seems a bit soft with either Cullen or Butch on the wing there is not really another option. I am guessing Butch will still be out for the rest of the year. I have just lost all hope in him staying healthy. So hopefully Cullen has his early season offensive explosion like the past two years.
I ran into PMB at Kowalskis in Woodbury just a couple of days ago and asked about his injury, he said he should be good to go for the season, has a couple more tests to do to make sure but he seemed pretty positive about it!

Old
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy10Beers View Post
Reading through the thread and see most scenarios with Torrey Mitchell on the 4th line. Did we really sign Mitchell to a three year deal at $1.9M/yr to play the 4th line?
No, but at the moment if PMB is cleared to play(big IF) thats where he likely ends up. I tend to think they are not going to start Zucker or Coyle up for anything higher than second line duty. I think if PMB isn't cleared third line will be

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Seto
Mitchell-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Powe-Brodziak-Dowell/Kassian/Veileux

Old
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
WILDTATE10

id go something like this

Parise Koivu Setoguchi
Heater Granlund Coyle/Zucker
Cullen Brodziak Clutterbuck
Mitchell Kenopka Powe

Suter Spurgeon
Gilbert Scandella
Stoner Falk/Processor

Backstrom
Hackett (unless Hardings good to go?)

Wish Brodin was healthy so we could slide him in the top 4

Old
01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Parise-Koivu-Butch ---$$
Heatley-Granlund-Seto-Not my favorite combo but Granlund could change the dynamic of a Seto/heatley line
Cullen-Brodziak-Clutter - lots of heart on this line. although cullen and clutter play on an island they do play with speed and energy. Could be good to cause some disruption
Kassian

Suter Spurgeon
Gilbert Scandella
Stoner Falk/Processor

defense still needs some work/experience but I think Suter and a full year of Gilbert make it at least an average unit. Depending on how well spurgie and scandy are playing you could switch Gilbert with spurgeon.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Sportsfan1

Bouchard can't play a bottom 6 roll, Cullen IS NOT a top 6 forward, it is really as simple as that folks. Bouchard plays with Granlund and Seto, and Cullen goes the 3rd line, no other way does that work.

BTW, Kampfer is not a bad option on d for a 6th man, he hits hard and has a decent shot, not a bad option to consider on D while Scandella in particular recovers.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Bouchard can't play a bottom 6 roll, Cullen IS NOT a top 6 forward, it is really as simple as that folks. Bouchard plays with Granlund and Seto, and Cullen goes the 3rd line, no other way does that work.
Who says Bouchard has to play a bottom six role? 3rd line LW doesn't automatically mean he has to turn into a hard-hitting two-way beast. He can compliment Brodziak and Coyle/Cluster**** with his elite playmaking and dazzling speed, but if he's slotted into a line with Granlund and Seto, the line will immediately become too soft.

And I think it's safe to say he can't handle big minutes at this stage of his career. It's better to make him play lesser minutes and PP rather than big minutes and risk another and almost certainly terminal concussion.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Man It feels good to talk hockey !!!

Old
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Bouchard hasn't even been cleared for contact yet. How the hell is he gonna be ready for opening night? I don't care if he says he's "symptom free", I highly doubt we'll see him in the opening night line-up.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
You best call Mike Yeo and tell him that. Because he's on record saying thats how he's starting the year.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

I highly doubt Bouchard is playing this year.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:08 AM
ford0016

just a couple tests he said, count him in guys.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Could not agree more! That is of course if Bouchard is healthy. Please be healthy. He is such an x-factor for our team. When he is playing we are a way better team. I think someone figured out that stats on how we played with and without Bouchard last year, but then again there was tons of injuries that seemed to hit around the same time.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
keppel146
We love Bacon

I saw something like this for lines:
parise-koivu-heatley
cullen-granlund-setoguchi
PMB-brodziak-clutter
4th line

Old
01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Jopsey

If Bouchard is healthy enough to start why are people putting him on the 3rd line instead of Cullen. I love Cully but he proved last year that he is much more ineffective when put on the 2nd line. And PMB and Granlund feeding each other would be sick.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:44 AM
nickschultzfan

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Coyle-Granlund-Setoguchi
Zucker-Brodziak-Bouchard
Mitchell-Cullen-Clutterbuck

Gives Yeo the ability to play lines 2-4 based on how they are playing that night and how the game is going.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Dee Oh Cee

I'm pretty sure Konopka can be penned in to that 4th line center role.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:52 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

as a founding member in The Church of Yeo... I have faith in whatever he decides.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
as a founding member in The Church of Yeo... I have faith in whatever he decides.
+1

He'll figure it out.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
+1

He'll figure it out.
Yeah... The problem is that I had my own thoughts on the lines about half typed out and that is when it hit me...

Am I a founding member of The Church or not?

Closed Thread