HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Old
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I don't know about the Drakkar Management, but a lot of fans are complaining that he watered down extensively his physical game this season.
Also he is being used on occasion on the first D pairing and on the PP and PK where he shows lack of mobility...
He would be a good fit in Bathurst if he was using his body as a #4 shutdown guy and as an enforcer.
But I would not give a 1st round pick for him and that is the rumour about the asking price in BC.....funny that you did not hear that one.
BC are actively shopping for a PPQB plus a backup goaltender and Noreau could be shopped for that reason.
I doubt that BC would trade him to Halifax as a rumour has it because they might find Noreau on their path if Halifax acquired him, something they would resent highly.
Noreau is still the best fighter in the Q even if he was rather quiet this season.
i have an inside with BC, and the reason i never heard the rumor, is because it's false and doesnt exist!!! Why would a team, 2nd overall in the league (4th overall a month ago) which already owns 2 (since they traded one to Gat) picks in the first round, try to acquire a 1st round pick in return for a top 4 D? Their 2nd overall, not 12th overall. They actually are contending...not wishing they were!!! Dont you think they would be more inclined to move a player like Verplaest, who is a physical player also + a pick or combination of picks for that PP QB??
They are looking for a puck moving D, just like Halifax, and Moncton, and Bathurst....are there any left that arent 20yr old? Everyone is set with their 20's, and there are not many 19's worth paying for.

Same thing with a Goalie, Halifax would love to have an experienced back up that could start, BC would also and Moncton would love to have a goalie that can stop the puck..

Your 12th overall.....9pts out of the 8th spot and you have played the most games of all teams in the league. Seriously.... i'm not sure why you think teams above them in the standings would want to move their top players to bathurst.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i have an inside with BC, and the reason i never heard the rumor, is because it's false and doesnt exist!!! Why would a team, 2nd overall in the league (4th overall a month ago) which already owns 2 (since they traded one to Gat) picks in the first round, try to acquire a 1st round pick in return for a top 4 D? Their 2nd overall, not 12th overall. They actually are contending...not wishing they were!!! Dont you think they would be more inclined to move a player like Verplaest, who is a physical player also + a pick or combination of picks for that PP QB??
They are looking for a puck moving D, just like Halifax, and Moncton, and Bathurst....are there any left that arent 20yr old? Everyone is set with their 20's, and there are not many 19's worth paying for.

Same thing with a Goalie, Halifax would love to have an experienced back up that could start, BC would also and Moncton would love to have a goalie that can stop the puck..

Your 12th overall.....9pts out of the 8th spot and you have played the most games of all teams in the league. Seriously.... i'm not sure why you think teams above them in the standings would want to move their top players to bathurst.

and FYI, you just traded your 3rd line winger (according to your evaluation) - Salvail in return for a 17yr old who has never played a game in the league. Another Team altering, huge improvement i'm sure for the rest of the season!!

Old
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Simon Boudreau to Shawinigan for a 3rd...

Desrosiers is the odd man out in Chitcoutimi... Will be traded for the best offer..

Rousy to Chicputime for a 3rd...

Moncton's selling !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:24 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Chicputime
Now there's a new team I haven't heard.

And why is everyone criticizing chsb for wanting Noreau? Every contender would want someone like Noreau and until this past month, BC weren't classified as "buyers".

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:34 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Now there's a new team I haven't heard.

And why is everyone criticizing chsb for wanting Noreau? Every contender would want someone like Noreau and until this past month, BC weren't classified as "buyers".
Why not? They have been top 5 most of the year.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
PEI Rocket Fan

Where is Maxime Lagace heading?????

PEI Rocket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Simon Boudreau to Shawinigan for a 3rd...

Desrosiers is the odd man out in Chitcoutimi... Will be traded for the best offer..

Rousy to Chicputime for a 3rd...

Moncton's selling !
Strange move by Rimouski considering they took Boudreau in the first round (#8 overall) and he fits in with the core of their team being a 95' born player. He also seems to be going well as a 17 year old. Unless there's more to this trade , imo , strange move on Riki's part.

Desrosier could be a last resort for Moncton if they don't have a goalie lined up. He could probably be had for cheap too..

Roussy hasn't been the same player since suffering his shoulder injury. I'm not sure if he's playing injured or what but he seems to shy away from being physical which is what got him into this league in the first place. He was a #6/#7 guy in Moncton and probably wanted out if he was going to be sitting in the stands. I think this trade was to make room for a defender that Moncton will acquire tomorrow, or at least I'm hoping. Considering it's Gatineau's 3rd 2013 , I think it's a great return as it will likely be one of the first picks in the third round.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Boudreau wasn't happy in Rimouski... He asksed for a trade.

Does the Rocket's acquisition of Vance mean that they are going for it ?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Boudreau wasn't happy in Rimouski... He asksed for a trade.

Does the Rocket's acquisition of Vance mean that they are going for it ?
They acquired Vance ? Return? That's huge news considering Victo would now be sellers if they moved Vance..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Strange move by Rimouski considering they took Boudreau in the first round (#8 overall) and he fits in with the core of their team being a 95' born player. He also seems to be going well as a 17 year old. Unless there's more to this trade , imo , strange move on Riki's part.

Desrosier could be a last resort for Moncton if they don't have a goalie lined up. He could probably be had for cheap too..

Roussy hasn't been the same player since suffering his shoulder injury. I'm not sure if he's playing injured or what but he seems to shy away from being physical which is what got him into this league in the first place. He was a #6/#7 guy in Moncton and probably wanted out if he was going to be sitting in the stands. I think this trade was to make room for a defender that Moncton will acquire tomorrow, or at least I'm hoping. Considering it's Gatineau's 3rd 2013 , I think it's a great return as it will likely be one of the first picks in the third round.
He wasn't happy in Rimouski in general, was a lot of little things, that just added up. Not just the low ice time, and not really given a fair opportunity this season. He's already ecstatic to be going to Shawi, wish him the best of luck.

It's a good trade for both parties, Rimouski was never going to use him this season at least, but Shawi got a steal.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
They acquired Vance ? Return? That's huge news considering Victo would now be sellers if they moved Vance..
Vance and a 5th for Trickett, Chenier and a 3rd

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Carl Chenier, another play and a couple of picks.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
rocketfan

IMO this is a great move by the Rocket Trickett will be a great Dman for Victo but Carl Chenier will not be a threat in this league, That still leaves the Rocket deep at D and now I think you see the package Chenier-Allard and maybe Lagace for a top 6 FW we will see both pick are in 2014 This mean the Rocket are gonna try to make a little run which is great to see from a fan stand point been a while

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Chenier has the tools to be a threat just needs to put it together.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
rocketfan

He was vary timid while here and lacked effort He is big tho and had wheels also his shot looked vary weak I hope he does make it Trickett will be a good player lets hope Vance cna come and help this team with some success Lord know we need a run

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
shello
@WShello9

Matt Murphy to Halifax now.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Scotianhab

Halifax acquires Matt Murphy and Sherbrookes 2nd rd pick in 2014 from Val D'or for Randy Gazzola, Quebec 1st 2014 & Hal 1st in 2015.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I expect a lot more tomorrow.. Things should heat up.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:40 AM
RJQuack

Great move by PEI. They didn't stand still which was maybe the worst thing for them. Vance is a good shutdown D they need, while not physical he's what completes and already good Rocket defense. Good mobility from when I saw him and can play with the puck.... He's shown a lot of improvement this year says Victo fans, so if he improves his defensive play (there's room) he'll be a nice #3 for PEI.

Oligny-Micallef
Vance-Pavelka
Cortese -Graves
Laliberté

Keeping Laliberte and trading Chenier who I don't think has a very high ceiling is a great move by Serge. The market for 19yo D is thin, so this a fair price IMO.

If PEI can move Lagace plus other picks or players for a top 6 vet (Whoever is still out there) I think the years of mediocrity and first-round losses may be over for the Island.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
RJQuack

So......

Who's getting Danault

Old
01-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Revo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
So......

Who's getting Danault
I don't know (obviously), but JF Plante reported that the deal was done as of 11 o'clock yesterday and that Mésonéro wants to make the announcement himself.

So if the Vance trade wasn't convincing enough... Danault is indeed going to move. According to that guy anyway.

Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:44 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
I don't know (obviously), but JF Plante reported that the deal was done as of 11 o'clock yesterday and that Mésonéro wants to make the announcement himself.

So if the Vance trade wasn't convincing enough... Danault is indeed going to move. According to that guy anyway.
Moncton or Quebec it seems like. BLB got Tesink, but could use another forward... Moncton and Quebec could upgrade the top 6 and are contenders....

Old
01-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Catz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post

I've been reading chsb bs for years you have to know the following things.
He pretends to have inside info. All Bathurst players and picks have extreme trade value .
He's very jealous of the moncton wildcats and there success.
Every year the titans are the best team in the league ( yet the go out first round 5 years straight.)
These are the following players he said they were gonna acquire this year.
Huberdeau said this early in the season
Tesink , noreau,Murphy,Vance,danualt.
Pretty much every player available at one time or another he had they headed to Bathurst. A deal was almost done.
There new coach is the best coach in the league.
Said all summer and fall titans were a top 5 team.

With all his lies and homer Bathurst talk got him banned on the other board

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Don't forget to use #DanaultWatch on Twitter today.

Should be interesting to see where he lands...it has to be between BLB and QUE but weirder things have happened.

01-08-2013, 07:30 AM
NS Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Don't forget to use #DanaultWatch on Twitter today.

Should be interesting to see where he lands...it has to be between BLB and QUE but weirder things have happened.
I just feel Moncton... if Danny is buying, this guy is what he needs. He lost out on Murphy so he has the extra assets to top up an offer on Danault if he was in the running.

If Moncton don`t get Danault, I doubt they can make significant enough moves to knock off a top team in round 3 or 4.

NS Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote