HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
  #476
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I don't know about the Drakkar Management, but a lot of fans are complaining that he watered down extensively his physical game this season.
Also he is being used on occasion on the first D pairing and on the PP and PK where he shows lack of mobility...
He would be a good fit in Bathurst if he was using his body as a #4 shutdown guy and as an enforcer.
But I would not give a 1st round pick for him and that is the rumour about the asking price in BC.....funny that you did not hear that one.
BC are actively shopping for a PPQB plus a backup goaltender and Noreau could be shopped for that reason.
I doubt that BC would trade him to Halifax as a rumour has it because they might find Noreau on their path if Halifax acquired him, something they would resent highly.
Noreau is still the best fighter in the Q even if he was rather quiet this season.
i have an inside with BC, and the reason i never heard the rumor, is because it's false and doesnt exist!!! Why would a team, 2nd overall in the league (4th overall a month ago) which already owns 2 (since they traded one to Gat) picks in the first round, try to acquire a 1st round pick in return for a top 4 D? Their 2nd overall, not 12th overall. They actually are contending...not wishing they were!!! Dont you think they would be more inclined to move a player like Verplaest, who is a physical player also + a pick or combination of picks for that PP QB??
They are looking for a puck moving D, just like Halifax, and Moncton, and Bathurst....are there any left that arent 20yr old? Everyone is set with their 20's, and there are not many 19's worth paying for.

Same thing with a Goalie, Halifax would love to have an experienced back up that could start, BC would also and Moncton would love to have a goalie that can stop the puck..

Your 12th overall.....9pts out of the 8th spot and you have played the most games of all teams in the league. Seriously.... i'm not sure why you think teams above them in the standings would want to move their top players to bathurst.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:46 PM
  #477
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i have an inside with BC, and the reason i never heard the rumor, is because it's false and doesnt exist!!! Why would a team, 2nd overall in the league (4th overall a month ago) which already owns 2 (since they traded one to Gat) picks in the first round, try to acquire a 1st round pick in return for a top 4 D? Their 2nd overall, not 12th overall. They actually are contending...not wishing they were!!! Dont you think they would be more inclined to move a player like Verplaest, who is a physical player also + a pick or combination of picks for that PP QB??
They are looking for a puck moving D, just like Halifax, and Moncton, and Bathurst....are there any left that arent 20yr old? Everyone is set with their 20's, and there are not many 19's worth paying for.

Same thing with a Goalie, Halifax would love to have an experienced back up that could start, BC would also and Moncton would love to have a goalie that can stop the puck..

Your 12th overall.....9pts out of the 8th spot and you have played the most games of all teams in the league. Seriously.... i'm not sure why you think teams above them in the standings would want to move their top players to bathurst.


and FYI, you just traded your 3rd line winger (according to your evaluation) - Salvail in return for a 17yr old who has never played a game in the league. Another Team altering, huge improvement i'm sure for the rest of the season!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
  #478
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Simon Boudreau to Shawinigan for a 3rd...

Desrosiers is the odd man out in Chitcoutimi... Will be traded for the best offer..

Rousy to Chicputime for a 3rd...

Moncton's selling !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:24 PM
  #479
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Chicputime
Now there's a new team I haven't heard.

And why is everyone criticizing chsb for wanting Noreau? Every contender would want someone like Noreau and until this past month, BC weren't classified as "buyers".

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:34 PM
  #480
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Now there's a new team I haven't heard.

And why is everyone criticizing chsb for wanting Noreau? Every contender would want someone like Noreau and until this past month, BC weren't classified as "buyers".
Why not? They have been top 5 most of the year.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
  #481
PEI Rocket Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Where is Maxime Lagace heading?????

PEI Rocket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
  #482
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Simon Boudreau to Shawinigan for a 3rd...

Desrosiers is the odd man out in Chitcoutimi... Will be traded for the best offer..

Rousy to Chicputime for a 3rd...

Moncton's selling !
Strange move by Rimouski considering they took Boudreau in the first round (#8 overall) and he fits in with the core of their team being a 95' born player. He also seems to be going well as a 17 year old. Unless there's more to this trade , imo , strange move on Riki's part.

Desrosier could be a last resort for Moncton if they don't have a goalie lined up. He could probably be had for cheap too..

Roussy hasn't been the same player since suffering his shoulder injury. I'm not sure if he's playing injured or what but he seems to shy away from being physical which is what got him into this league in the first place. He was a #6/#7 guy in Moncton and probably wanted out if he was going to be sitting in the stands. I think this trade was to make room for a defender that Moncton will acquire tomorrow, or at least I'm hoping. Considering it's Gatineau's 3rd 2013 , I think it's a great return as it will likely be one of the first picks in the third round.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
  #483
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Boudreau wasn't happy in Rimouski... He asksed for a trade.

Does the Rocket's acquisition of Vance mean that they are going for it ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  #484
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Boudreau wasn't happy in Rimouski... He asksed for a trade.

Does the Rocket's acquisition of Vance mean that they are going for it ?
They acquired Vance ? Return? That's huge news considering Victo would now be sellers if they moved Vance..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
  #485
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Strange move by Rimouski considering they took Boudreau in the first round (#8 overall) and he fits in with the core of their team being a 95' born player. He also seems to be going well as a 17 year old. Unless there's more to this trade , imo , strange move on Riki's part.

Desrosier could be a last resort for Moncton if they don't have a goalie lined up. He could probably be had for cheap too..

Roussy hasn't been the same player since suffering his shoulder injury. I'm not sure if he's playing injured or what but he seems to shy away from being physical which is what got him into this league in the first place. He was a #6/#7 guy in Moncton and probably wanted out if he was going to be sitting in the stands. I think this trade was to make room for a defender that Moncton will acquire tomorrow, or at least I'm hoping. Considering it's Gatineau's 3rd 2013 , I think it's a great return as it will likely be one of the first picks in the third round.
He wasn't happy in Rimouski in general, was a lot of little things, that just added up. Not just the low ice time, and not really given a fair opportunity this season. He's already ecstatic to be going to Shawi, wish him the best of luck.

It's a good trade for both parties, Rimouski was never going to use him this season at least, but Shawi got a steal.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
  #486
ZombieRegDunlop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
They acquired Vance ? Return? That's huge news considering Victo would now be sellers if they moved Vance..
Vance and a 5th for Trickett, Chenier and a 3rd

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
  #487
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
They acquired Vance ? Return? That's huge news considering Victo would now be sellers if they moved Vance..
Carl Chenier, another play and a couple of picks.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
  #488
rocketfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
IMO this is a great move by the Rocket Trickett will be a great Dman for Victo but Carl Chenier will not be a threat in this league, That still leaves the Rocket deep at D and now I think you see the package Chenier-Allard and maybe Lagace for a top 6 FW we will see both pick are in 2014 This mean the Rocket are gonna try to make a little run which is great to see from a fan stand point been a while

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
  #489
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Chenier has the tools to be a threat just needs to put it together.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
  #490
rocketfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
He was vary timid while here and lacked effort He is big tho and had wheels also his shot looked vary weak I hope he does make it Trickett will be a good player lets hope Vance cna come and help this team with some success Lord know we need a run

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
  #491
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Matt Murphy to Halifax now.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
  #492
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 500
Halifax acquires Matt Murphy and Sherbrookes 2nd rd pick in 2014 from Val D'or for Randy Gazzola, Quebec 1st 2014 & Hal 1st in 2015.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
  #493
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
I expect a lot more tomorrow.. Things should heat up.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:40 AM
  #494
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Great move by PEI. They didn't stand still which was maybe the worst thing for them. Vance is a good shutdown D they need, while not physical he's what completes and already good Rocket defense. Good mobility from when I saw him and can play with the puck.... He's shown a lot of improvement this year says Victo fans, so if he improves his defensive play (there's room) he'll be a nice #3 for PEI.

Oligny-Micallef
Vance-Pavelka
Cortese -Graves
Laliberté

Keeping Laliberte and trading Chenier who I don't think has a very high ceiling is a great move by Serge. The market for 19yo D is thin, so this a fair price IMO.

If PEI can move Lagace plus other picks or players for a top 6 vet (Whoever is still out there) I think the years of mediocrity and first-round losses may be over for the Island.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:43 AM
  #495
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
So......

Who's getting Danault

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:09 AM
  #496
Revo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
So......

Who's getting Danault
I don't know (obviously), but JF Plante reported that the deal was done as of 11 o'clock yesterday and that Mésonéro wants to make the announcement himself.

So if the Vance trade wasn't convincing enough... Danault is indeed going to move. According to that guy anyway.

Revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:44 AM
  #497
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo View Post
I don't know (obviously), but JF Plante reported that the deal was done as of 11 o'clock yesterday and that Mésonéro wants to make the announcement himself.

So if the Vance trade wasn't convincing enough... Danault is indeed going to move. According to that guy anyway.
Moncton or Quebec it seems like. BLB got Tesink, but could use another forward... Moncton and Quebec could upgrade the top 6 and are contenders....

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:12 AM
  #498
Catz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i have an inside with BC, and the reason i never heard the rumor, is because it's false and doesnt exist!!! Why would a team, 2nd overall in the league (4th overall a month ago) which already owns 2 (since they traded one to Gat) picks in the first round, try to acquire a 1st round pick in return for a top 4 D? Their 2nd overall, not 12th overall. They actually are contending...not wishing they were!!! Dont you think they would be more inclined to move a player like Verplaest, who is a physical player also + a pick or combination of picks for that PP QB??
They are looking for a puck moving D, just like Halifax, and Moncton, and Bathurst....are there any left that arent 20yr old? Everyone is set with their 20's, and there are not many 19's worth paying for.

Same thing with a Goalie, Halifax would love to have an experienced back up that could start, BC would also and Moncton would love to have a goalie that can stop the puck..

Your 12th overall.....9pts out of the 8th spot and you have played the most games of all teams in the league. Seriously.... i'm not sure why you think teams above them in the standings would want to move their top players to bathurst.
I've been reading chsb bs for years you have to know the following things.
He pretends to have inside info. All Bathurst players and picks have extreme trade value .
He's very jealous of the moncton wildcats and there success.
Every year the titans are the best team in the league ( yet the go out first round 5 years straight.)
These are the following players he said they were gonna acquire this year.
Huberdeau said this early in the season
Tesink , noreau,Murphy,Vance,danualt.
Pretty much every player available at one time or another he had they headed to Bathurst. A deal was almost done.
There new coach is the best coach in the league.
Said all summer and fall titans were a top 5 team.

With all his lies and homer Bathurst talk got him banned on the other board

Catz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:22 AM
  #499
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,419
vCash: 500
Don't forget to use #DanaultWatch on Twitter today.

Should be interesting to see where he lands...it has to be between BLB and QUE but weirder things have happened.

__________________
.
Penguins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 07:30 AM
  #500
NS Bluenoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Don't forget to use #DanaultWatch on Twitter today.

Should be interesting to see where he lands...it has to be between BLB and QUE but weirder things have happened.
I just feel Moncton... if Danny is buying, this guy is what he needs. He lost out on Murphy so he has the extra assets to top up an offer on Danault if he was in the running.

If Moncton don`t get Danault, I doubt they can make significant enough moves to knock off a top team in round 3 or 4.

NS Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.