HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly Signs With Magnitogorsk (2-yr deal)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 08:46 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Oh No,We Suck Again!

vCash: 5000
he's not coming back

Old
01-06-2013, 09:24 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
I'll be a part of the it doesn't sound good group. My guess on how this goes is... He gets signed to a 3-4 year deal before this season, play out this year with the Avs, and gets traded this summer with one of our prospects for a young top3-4 defenseman and an established 3rd line center.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:49 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Or both sides decided to wait until the CBA was signed because there very likely could've been changes to arbitration or RFA eligibility? No, that's crazy talk. O'Reilly and other high profile unsigned RFAs like Henrique, Benn, and Subban all just have excessively high demands.
Well hopefully you are right and I'm wrong, it is totally possible that if length was the biggest issue then waiting until the new CBA would probably be smart, to see what new conditions might apply. If its a monetary issue then goodbye O'Reilly.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
No, I've been saying all along that O'Reilly and his agents demands had to be excessively high or a deal would have been done. If O'Reilly and his agent had asked for Matt Duchene type money a deal would have been done. Its clears that since O'Reilly doesn't have a contract there had to have been some absurd demands. Its just logical deduction.

And you are right its not 100% like the Turris situation, its probably closer to the Doughty situation, a player thinking he is worth more than the team thinks he is worth. Except in this situation I don't see it ending with the player re-signing with his team.
You've been without hockey for too long... forgot what type of person O'Reilly was.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:09 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
You've been without hockey for too long... forgot what type of person O'Reilly was.
You have no idea what kind of person O'Reilly appears to be. Just because someone has a great work ethic doesn't mean they aren't wanting a bunch of money.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
You can't give a guy who had a career year of 55 points a big contract. Why does he deserve bigger than Duchene, as an example?
I never said he deserved a big contract, but from what was going back and fourth in rumors it was term length they wouldn't agree on.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Or both sides decided to wait until the CBA was signed because there very likely could've been changes to arbitration or RFA eligibility? No, that's crazy talk. O'Reilly and other high profile unsigned RFAs like Henrique, Benn, and Subban all just have excessively high demands.
get the **** out of here with your logic and reason

Old
01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Yes, but the Rangers are not going to offer O'Reilly $16 million.
Wait... Detroit isn't going to offer sheet O'Reilly? Thought that was as good as done.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Exactly. My bet was always that UFA eligibility was the reason for this. That was a huge mystery as to what it would end up being in the new CBA, and could have been pushed back or forth to appease one side in negotiation.

I just hope they sign him quick now that the CBA is agreed on, and then make a statement like "we look forward to having Ryan on the team for a long time" to put a rest to all this panicking. This is not a contract holdout, and this has become Greg Sherman's and the player ops team not PL's. I think he has finally put away his puppet strings in the last year or so.

Not to mention you got to think even PL and probably Sakic realize what a loss A character two way center like Drury was, and won't repeat that with the new version in O'Reilly.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:20 AM
TatteredTornNFrayed
ocelot spleens, ...

Video clip from Eurolanche's interview with ROR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K691CVPnGFk

Old
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
KraftD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatteredTornNFrayed View Post
Video clip from Eurolanche's interview with ROR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K691CVPnGFk
Creepy....

Old
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

How much money do you have to pay him to get him Back ?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:34 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
Who knows but its prolly gonna be a sign and trade since you never and imean never ever oppose Lacroix.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

I swear to god if we trade ROR...

Old
01-07-2013, 07:19 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkmtv com View Post
I swear to god if we trade ROR...
I'd be upset even if we got a kings ransom.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
Nobody knows since KHL salaries are undisclosed.

It's pretty doubtful that O'Reilly would put the Avs in a position where they even hesitate to match or better the KHL offer. He would be doing himself a big disservice when you consider the chemistry that he had with Landeskog and Downie.

What's more likely is that he signed a reasonable deal with Metallurg which is a 'floor' that he figures he should be paid and it's probably based on the negotiations that were held last summer with the Avs.

So, essentially $3M to $4M would be my guess which the Avs could and should be able to easily surpass.

If it's between $4M and $5M, I would expect the Avs not too be too thrilled to be put in this position and I'd expect them to either try to lock him up for 8 years or possibly short-term and then trade him.

If it's over $5M, we have a problem. I would expect the Avs to trade his rights or let him 'rot' in Russia and either wait for an offer sheet or for the 2 years of that contract to be up. <- knowing that this is a possibility, I doubt very much that RoR put the Avs in this kind of situation.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

NHL player now back from RUS says KHL teams putting major pressure and huge money on table to keep NHLers from returning to North America.
The next few days/weeks are going to be very interesting...if true then I hope RoR gets out of there ASAP

Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
So, essentially $3M to $4M would be my guess which the Avs could and should be able to easily surpass.

If it's between $4M and $5M, I would expect the Avs not too be too thrilled to be put in this position and I'd expect them to either try to lock him up for 8 years or possibly short-term and then trade him.

If it's over $5M, we have a problem. I would expect the Avs to trade his rights or let him 'rot' in Russia and either wait for an offer sheet or for the 2 years of that contract to be up. <- knowing that this is a possibility, I doubt very much that RoR put the Avs in this kind of situation.
Well, Eurolanche is reporting the following

Quote:
Avs European Fanclub ‏@Eurolanche

Russian sources had reported that Radar signed a 2 years / 5 million a year deal, tax except. UNCOFIRMED. #Avs
Yes, I realize that it's unconfirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Radar's deal is close to these numbers. And if so, then like you said Bender...it could be a problem.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
The next few days/weeks are going to be very interesting...if true then I hope RoR gets out of there ASAP
I think that would only work on Russian players. Even if it is for more money, which 21 year old Canadian (or American) kid would agree to live in Russia and play in a less competitive league?

Old
01-07-2013, 08:14 PM
smitty10

I play hockey with Ryan and Cal O'Reilly's uncle and apparently he got huge money to play in Magnitogorsk and loves being there with his older brother. He said he wasn't sure whether or not he's coming back, but apparently he's getting paid more money to play there than what Colorado's offering here and his salary is completely tax free.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:18 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Well, Eurolanche is reporting the following

Yes, I realize that it's unconfirmed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Radar's deal is close to these numbers. And if so, then like you said Bender...it could be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I play hockey with Ryan and Cal O'Reilly's uncle and apparently he got huge money to play in Magnitogorsk and loves being there with his older brother. He said he wasn't sure whether or not he's coming back, but apparently he's getting paid more money to play there than what Colorado's offering here and his salary is completely tax free.
Wow if both of these are true....

Old
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Wow if both of these are true....
The only thing I could think of is referring back to his verbal out clause, it was reported that he would be let out of his contract if his deal with Colorado was deemed "more lucrative" than his with Magnitogorsk.

Well, even if he signed for 2 years at 5 million a year, if the Avalanche sign him for more than 2 years and his total salary is more than $10 million (5m x 2 yrs) then I am sure that it would be deemed "more lucrative" since he's getting more total money.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:27 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Go away.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:32 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

I know ROR will be back guaranteed. He wouldnt just turn his back on the team like that especially considering how big of a role he had here. My only concern now is if management is ticked off at him and have him trade bound.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

You know who's been conspicuously absent/quiet during the majority of the Summer and all through the lockout? TwoPadStack.

It's like he just up and disappeared...I'd love to hear his thoughts on this situation here.

Closed Thread