HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
armandh01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
I think yak needs to be dangled as a piece of a package that returns us a proper dman or goalie say someone like subban, not sure what goalie would be available throw yak at though.
I think you guys need to stop worrying about a goalie so much. Defense is another matter obviously.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

No way in hell I trade yakupov for Kane. Seriously people?

Old
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I can't be the only one who doesn't care if we get another superstar into the 2nd line LW position am I? Kane is supremely talented, no doubt, but I'm fine if we can add a LWer who be responsible defensively, gritty, has good board work to dig out pucks and pot in a few goals(15-20) every season.

I'm all for being top-heavy on this team, but I think there is a limit to how top heavy you become.

01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 133
I'd love for Tambo to look into getting Lauri Korpikoski. Just an excellent PKer, but also can put up 40 points, suggesting he wouldn't be a horrible fill-in for Hemsky should he get injured again.

And at only 26 has a lot of mileage remaining.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Not sure where to put this, but has anyone received any confirmation of Yakupov on his way back yet?
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

I've been told Nail Yakupov will be going to Oilers camp, unsure when he's set to arrive in Edmonton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
And Yakupov doesn't.
Sure he does. It's less the ego that worries me than Kane's reported trade request and the "uncoachable" quotes.

Besides, Yakupov is a 1st overall pick who has done things in the KHL previously not seen before. I would hate it if we moved him before even seeing what he could do here.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:49 PM
ClydeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I can't be the only one who doesn't care if we get another superstar into the 2nd line LW position am I? Kane is supremely talented, no doubt, but I'm fine if we can add a LWer who be responsible defensively, gritty, has good board work to dig out pucks and pot in a few goals(15-20) every season.

I'm all for being top-heavy on this team, but I think there is a limit to how top heavy you become.

By top-heavy I assume you are refering to top-6 salary? That is a fair statement, but keep in mind the salary difference (in cap dollars) is only $1.5mil.

And granted Kane has question marks as well, but in my mind they are a lesser worry. At least he has proven to be a legit top 6 winger scoring 30 last year. Put him with RNH and he'd be a 40 goal player easily.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
I'd love for Tambo to look into getting Lauri Korpikoski. Just an excellent PKer, but also can put up 40 points, suggesting he wouldn't be a horrible fill-in for Hemsky should he get injured again.

Why would Phoenix let him go?

Old
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
By top-heavy I assume you are refering to top-6 salary? That is a fair statement, but keep in mind the salary difference (in cap dollars) is only $1.5mil.

And granted Kane has question marks as well, but in my mind they are a lesser worry. At least he has proven to be a legit top 6 winger scoring 30 last year. Put him with RNH and he'd be a 40 goal player easily.
There is one concern with Kane, one I don't think is going to get better given his style of play.

Games played.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Better do a roll call. Some players might not come back from khl

Old
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Better do a roll call. Some players might not come back from khl
I'm interested to see that as well. You'd have to think from all across the NHL at least one player overseas likely won't come back this season.

Maybe worst comes to worst and we've lost Potter forever.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I'm interested to see that as well. You'd have to think from all across the NHL at least one player overseas likely won't come back this season.

The only ones I see staying are the borderline players that are from Europe and guys that are close to retirement. You don't comeback you can't play in the Olympics or World Championships. Can't see any meaningful players letting that happen.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:

or Horcov

Old
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
That's why that twitter post freaked me out. I thought the NHL had come to an agreement that would force Klefbom to re-sign in Sweden for another few years.

I'm glad that isn't the case, I am really looking forward to seeing him in training camp next Sept.
I was re-watching the Sweden-Russia Gold Medal match yesterday (that's all the NHL network shows nowadays, WJC games) and Klefbom was ridiculously good in that game.
I almost forgot how well he skates for a big guy and he showed a lot of offensive flair which seems to be an underrated part of his game, he also got really physical with Kuznetsov a few times and completely shut down the Kuz-Yak line of course with the help of Brodin. It got me all excited about his future here and also made me sad thinking that he lost a critical year of development this year due to injury, he seemed primed to take a huge step forward. Lets hope that it doesn't set him back.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I was re-watching the Sweden-Russia Gold Medal match yesterday (that's all the NHL network shows nowadays, WJC games) and Klefbom was ridiculously good in that game.
I almost forgot how well he skates for a big guy and he showed a lot of offensive flair which seems to be an underrated part of his game, he also got really physical with Kuznetsov a few times and completely shut down the Kuz-Yak line of course with the help of Brodin. It got me all excited about his future here and also made me sad thinking that he lost a critical year of development this year due to injury, he seemed primed to take a huge step forward. Lets hope that it doesn't set him back.
i agree, to me his bottom end is smid. his top end is so much better offensively. hopefully he comes in and can add to his offence slowly, and with Schultz manning the offensive load it shouldnt be hard to ease him in.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
There is one concern with Kane, one I don't think is going to get better given his style of play.

Games played.
then you must be real worried about Hall 65 and 61 Gp

Old
01-07-2013, 05:16 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:

Sorry but he was at kinsmen today along with dd, smid, belanger

Old
01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post

Phoenix giving him up would be like us giving away Teemu Hartkiainen. Not gunna happen. These players are rare, you gotta draft and develop them yourself.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Sorry but he was at kinsmen today along with dd, smid, belanger
dissappointed

Old
01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
nullterm

Quote:

Games played.
So he'll fit right in then?

Old
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

Quote:

Games played.
On the Oilers, those numbers would make him one of our more resilient players.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Phoenix giving him up would be like us giving away Teemu Hartkiainen. Not gunna happen. These players are rare, you gotta draft and develop them yourself.
Not really, considering that type of player is literally the only kind Phoenix has.

Their biggest offensive threat this season is going to be Keith Yandle.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
fysloc

Visnovsky not coming back to NHL to play for Islanders. Anyone think Islanders will probably trade him for anything? It seems like he refuses to play for them, with the whole grievance thing.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

I don't get why people pick on Potter... yeah he's not a great player but he's a hell of a value, and people are going to start appreciating value around here really quickly with the lower cap and all the "kids" starting to make full value on contracts really soon.

You put a guy like potter next to our other fringe defensemen (Teubert, Fedun, Peckham) and he's a really good option and an exceptional value. What do you expect for less than $800K, 25 minutes a night?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:38 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I really liked what I saw of him pre-injury too. He's big strong, fast and smart. I like how he uses his size and solid positioning to just rub out rushing forwards.

I hope this shoulder surgery doesn't slow him down too much as well. I guess we'll see come September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysloc View Post
Visnovsky not coming back to NHL to play for Islanders. Anyone think Islanders will probably trade him for anything? It seems like he refuses to play for them, with the whole grievance thing.
The NHL says they have assurances from the KHL that contract would be honoured. I guess we'll see how this plays out. I suppose Lubo could retire and then immediately unretire in the KHL though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
I don't get why people pick on Potter... yeah he's not a great player but he's a hell of a value, and people are going to start appreciating value around here really quickly with the lower cap and all the "kids" starting to make full value on contracts really soon.

You put a guy like potter next to our other fringe defensemen (Teubert, Fedun, Peckham) and he's a really good option and an exceptional value. What do you expect for less than $800K, 25 minutes a night?
I expect a player that doesn't bleed goals and step on our star players faces. Potter is just a bad option. We have some space, spend an extra 800K and sign a soon to be washed up vet for 6th duty.

Edit: Like Clark, Eaton, Vandermeer or White, maybe even Kubina if we want to spend a bit more. Whoops, forgot about Finger and Commodore as potential 6th guys too.

Last edited by s7ark: 01-07-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 07:39 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post

I don't see how a player who has no business playing in the NHL can be considered good value on any NHL contract.

Closed Thread