HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
I find it funny the double standard with regards to this situation and another

Cutler hurt knee ,, Came out and tried to play but Lovie pulled him to prevent further injury= Cutler quitter ,, Players comment how in playoffs you need to be dragged off field

RGIII hurts knee ,, doesn't get pulled (Nor wants to get pulled) and now blew out his knee = RGIII should have been benched but RGIII is amazing for trying to play

Old
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
HeisenBaez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Instead of drafting a tight end high, I hope the Bears use the Spaeth and Davis money to sign one of Martellus Bennet, Jared Cook, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, or Dallas Clark. You can then use a later round pick (4th or 5th round) to find a 2nd tight end.
No on either Clark or Davis. Big yes on Jared Cook. Be ok with either Bennet or Keller.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:30 PM
HeisenBaez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Cutler hurt knee ,, Came out and tried to play but Lovie pulled him to prevent further injury= Cutler quitter ,, Players comment how in playoffs you need to be dragged off field

RGIII hurts knee ,, doesn't get pulled (Nor wants to get pulled) and now blew out his knee = RGIII should have been benched but RGIII is amazing for trying to play
Yep. Media sucks.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Illinihockey

RG3 has a partial tear of his ACL and LCL

Old
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
madgoat33

don't want any part of mccoy or arians.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
They are saying Emery has 2 clear cut favorites and he's using the rest of these interviews to get the scoop on other teams.
the big question is... who are those 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
don't want any part of mccoy or arians.
care to explain why?

Old
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:

What I always find most ridiculous is how people just 'mysteriously' forget that Cutler tried to play for 3 series after getting hurt. He couldn't throw a football 5 ****ing yards! There was a reason he was pulled, it wasn't pain, it was not being able to win the game with him out there. It had nothing to do with health, it was just a fact that they had a better chance to win with Hanie out there. Unfortunately, he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Collins? who couldn't do ****. If Hanie goes in right after the injury, maybe they win the game and no one remembers any of this. Just another reason Lovie deserved his fate.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
the big question is... who are those 2

care to explain why?
McCoy has done what exactly? Well, besides having Peyton Manning as his QB this season.

As for Arians, dude is old and me thinks there's a good reason he hasn't gotten a shot as a HC yet. He's riding a huge hype wave because of this season, and I think its an awfully bad idea to give a 60 yr old guy his first shot. Especially for a team like the bears who's in a mini-rebuild(at the very least) and would be better served finding a guy who can be here for awhile, build a team in his image, and develop it. Arians had to be taken to the hospital two days ago, how long does he still have in this league? Especially with all the pressures of a HC.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
McCoy has done what exactly? Well, besides having Peyton Manning as his QB this season.

As for Arians, dude is old and me thinks there's a good reason he hasn't gotten a shot as a HC yet. He's riding a huge hype wave because of this season, and I think its an awfully bad idea to give a 60 yr old guy his first shot. Especially for a team like the bears who's in a mini-rebuild(at the very least) and would be better served finding a guy who can be here for awhile, build a team in his image, and develop it. Arians had to be taken to the hospital two days ago, how long does he still have in this league? Especially with all the pressures of a HC.
Agree on Arians... Peyton makes it awfully tough to really get a gauge on what McCoy is.

The more I think about Kyle Shanahan, the more I'm scared away from him. While he's done great on offense, part of me worries if he could really handle a HC gig when he has to work with the defensive side a swell and if it would be too much for him. Would still be happy to have him here and given a shot, he's just far from a slam dunk to turn a team around.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Agree on Arians... Peyton makes it awfully tough to really get a gauge on what McCoy is.

The more I think about Kyle Shanahan, the more I'm scared away from him. While he's done great on offense, part of me worries if he could really handle a HC gig when he has to work with the defensive side a swell and if it would be too much for him. Would still be happy to have him here and given a shot, he's just far from a slam dunk to turn a team around.
You don't know that til you give a guy a shot, and i'd rather see the bears start taking some reasonable risks(I consider kyle shanahan a reasonable risk) instead of playing it safe and vanilla all the time. Last thing I want to see would be a guy like bill cowher or tony dungy(not saying they are even being mentioned, just giving examples).

Old
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
RayP

Quote:
You don't know that til you give a guy a shot, and i'd rather see the bears start taking some reasonable risks(I consider kyle shanahan a reasonable risk) instead of playing it safe and vanilla all the time. Last thing I want to see would be a guy like bill cowher or tony dungy(not saying they are even being mentioned, just giving examples).
I know, and that was part of my point, that I would still be happy with us giving him a shot. For all we know he could be the next Sean Payton type of coach.

Agreed. Will be pissed if we bring in a guy like Cowher, Holmgren, Dungy, etc. Their brand of football is dead.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

McCoy has shown incredible flexibility in his ability to scheme. Got the best out of Orton, Tebow, and Manning running 3 different schemes

Old
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Shannahan has never even called plays, at least McCoy has done that

Old
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
HeliDevil
Bear Down

Quote:

Yup, everyone thinks Cutler's a baby. He's a tough SOB. The media will spin anything, and they have wood when it comes to RGIII.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
McCoy has shown incredible flexibility in his ability to scheme. Got the best out of Orton, Tebow, and Manning running 3 different schemes
broncos offense was pretty horrible last year and they play Oakland and kc twice. and Orton wasn't nearly as effective last year as he was in 2010. Shanahan got roughly the same thing out of an offense with a worse o line, rex grossman/mcnabb/beck and no dt our decker(I'd take that over garcon and moss). the zone blocking would also probably help hide our oline better and help out forte

Old
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
madgoat33

does anyone still think te'o is worth drafting in the first round? ive thought he was overrated all year, but he's been absolutely dismal so far and offenses in the nfl aren't going to be easier to play against

Old
01-07-2013, 08:14 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
He's no Patty Willis but he'll be a good linebacker at the next level. Great motor.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:39 PM
RayP

Just came to sarcastically ask if Teo is playing... Absolutely invisible.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
broncos offense was pretty horrible last year and they play Oakland and kc twice. and Orton wasn't nearly as effective last year as he was in 2010. Shanahan got roughly the same thing out of an offense with a worse o line, rex grossman/mcnabb/beck and no dt our decker(I'd take that over garcon and moss). the zone blocking would also probably help hide our oline better and help out forte
Mike McCarthy presided over the 32nd ranked offense in San Fran before taking the Green Bay job.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
does anyone still think te'o is worth drafting in the first round? ive thought he was overrated all year, but he's been absolutely dismal so far and offenses in the nfl aren't going to be easier to play against
Against NFL talent he's been terrible

Old
01-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Illinihockey

Glad ND could keep their rich tradition of getting rolled in BCS bowl games

Old
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Wait is BWC really rocking a Stalberg avatar?

Old
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Wait is BWC really rocking a Stalberg avatar?
Lost a bet

Old
01-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Illinihockey

How about Barrett Jones at #20?

Old
01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Illinihockey

Add 2 more names to #Bears interview list for Phil Emery: #Vikings assistants Mike Singletary and special teams coach Mike Priefer.

From brad Biggs.

I give up

Closed Thread