HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...financing.html

So Sunnucks is reporting that all of a sudden Jamison doesn't have the money to purchase the Coyotes even though both Jamison and Bettman said the money was in escrow months ago. Anyone think that there is any truth to what Sunnucks is saying? or is he just reporting nonsense that he probably reads on the BOH boards.
Report: Jamison on verge of announcing Coyotes purchase

Quote:
It appears another long, frustrating NHL story may be over, as Sportsnetís John Shannon reports that Greg Jamisonís investor group is on the verge of announcing its purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes from the NHL.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...otes-purchase/

I trust Shannon's report.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm not going to start sweating until January 15th.
I'm right there with ya brother. If Monday/Tuesday rolls around and there is no new news, no hard evidence, then I think our days are numbered.

Old
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Keep in mind, I havent heard anyone say that Sunnucks actually has a source with the Jamison Group. He was actually called out on it by Mike Muraco who does have one. Sunnucks did have someone related to the Hulsizer deal which is why I think he was closer to the truth than now. This quote is all I need, the haters will never believe the Coyotes have been sold....not until the 2023 when the lease is up.

Quote:
Jamison said he and the league —- the Coyotes’ current owner —- have already agreed to a general sale price for the club (he did not name that price), but there are myriad other details still to be worked out, including securing all the investors he has assembled.
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/0...blockID=845813

Old
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
lockstock

At least, no matter what, we only have 24 days until it's over, for better or for worse. I'll get in at least one Yotes game in Glendale, but if this is the last season, I think I'll go to Yotes games in LA, Anaheim, and SJ. I'll give my financial support to teams that will still be here and my fan support to the last year Coyotes players.

It's crazy how bipolar the reports are at this stage of the game.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
mitch27

Enough of this. I can't take this **** anymore. I just want it to end. I hate to say it, but I don't even care what happens anymore. I hope for everyone on here that the team stays but ****, I've had enough of this. I just want it to be over.

EDIT: Kudos to you guys for putting up with it for this long. I'm as big a Coyotes fan as anybody, but I couldn't imagine being there and going through this. Anybody that says the Coyotes have no fans doesn't have a clue. Best fans in the league.

Last edited by mitch27: 01-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
At least, no matter what, we only have 24 days until it's over, for better or for worse. I'll get in at least one Yotes game in Glendale, but if this is the last season, I think I'll go to Yotes games in LA, Anaheim, and SJ. I'll give my financial support to teams that will still be here and my fan support to the last year Coyotes players.

It's crazy how bipolar the reports are at this stage of the game.
It's a bit reminiscent of how there were wildly contradictory reports just before the lock-out was resolved.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Enough of this. I can't take this **** anymore. I just want it to end. I hate to say it, but I don't even care what happens anymore. I hope for everyone on here that the team stays but ****, I've had enough of this. I just want it to be over.
I can definitely understand this sentiment. It helps now, though, that we can be totally sure they won't be folded or relocated in the next twelve days. So, either JIG buys them in the next few weeks, or we can reasonably assume they'll play out the season before being sold for relo.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Keep in mind, I havent heard anyone say that Sunnucks actually has a source with the Jamison Group. He was actually called out on it by Mike Muraco who does have one. Sunnucks did have someone related to the Hulsizer deal which is why I think he was closer to the truth than now. This quote is all I need, the haters will never believe the Coyotes have been sold....not until the 2023 when the lease is up.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/0...blockID=845813
Good to know, I've been suspicious of his reporting for quite sometime now especially since his information almost always conflicts with other more reputable reporters, but I figured someone on these boards would know more about just how credible he is than I do. It's a real shame that reporters like this aren't held more accountable for reporting inaccurate information.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
For me, I feel so much better now that there is a deadline in place. Knowing that one way or the other this is all over at the end of the month has me feeling so much more relaxed about the whole process. No more Ken Jones, no more Glendale meetings, it is all over in just a few short weeks. Thank God.

Quote:
EDIT: Kudos to you guys for putting up with it for this long. I'm as big a Coyotes fan as anybody, but I couldn't imagine being there and going through this. Anybody that says the Coyotes have no fans doesn't have a clue. Best fans in the league.
Honestly, it is the community on this board in large part why I, an out of town fan even care where the team plays. I still remember vividly when the team left Winnipeg and that happenning to this group of people is something I cannot imagine. The diehards here who have stuck around and cared year after year through all of the very lean years are the best fans in the league and deserve to have nothing but good things happen for this team.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
moosemeister

I never care what people say about us as fans. I know I'm a die hard fan and I will compare to any other fan and their respective team.

We have a great team, and we have a great community. Lets enjoy what we have. I don't care how many butts are in those seats, I want to be able to watch my favorite team, in my home city.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:35 AM
letbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeister View Post
I never care what people say about us as fans. I know I'm a die hard fan and I will compare to any other fan and their respective team.

We have a great team, and we have a great community. Lets enjoy what we have. I don't care how many butts are in those seats, I want to be able to watch my favorite team, in my home city.
Well said.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Lyotes

We should start a coyotes hate thread on the main board. Let them get it all out, get the weight off their shoulders.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyotes View Post
We should start a coyotes hate thread on the main board. Let them get it all out, get the weight off their shoulders.
Lol yes!

Old
01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
lockstock

There have already been a few the last couple days. The Torres suspension thread was filled with haters from LA and Chicago. Everybody took the opportunity to **** all over Phoenix. There was another one about who comes out of the west, a Kings fan went insane and posted a couple dozen posts about Phoenix being garbage and our ****** players tainting their championship run with their poor sportsmanship at the end of game 5.

Phoenix is a southern team, is a Bettman scapegoat while owned by the league, plays a strong defensive opportunistic style, and above all is having on ice success. All those together add up to a lot of people raging at their keyboards.

It would almost be worth it if we changed our name to the Phoenix Bettmans just to really piss off the haters.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
There have already been a few the last couple days. The Torres suspension thread was filled with haters from LA and Chicago. Everybody took the opportunity to **** all over Phoenix. There was another one about who comes out of the west, a Kings fan went insane and posted a couple dozen posts about Phoenix being garbage and our ****** players tainting their championship run with their poor sportsmanship at the end of game 5.

Phoenix is a southern team, is a Bettman scapegoat while owned by the league, plays a strong defensive opportunistic style, and above all is having on ice success. All those together add up to a lot of people raging at their keyboards.

It would almost be worth it if we changed our name to the Phoenix Bettmans just to really piss off the haters.
Phoenix isn't a "southern team" since Phoenix is part of the Southwest and not "The South".

Also, the hate from many of the Kings and Blackhawks Fans is driven more for their hate of Arizona and how things are done here so they look for something on the Coyotes in order to cover up their true colors. Sad really, especially since Torres did nothing to the Kings in the WCF considering he was suspended and it was ok for Dustin Brown in their eyes to dive all the time.

Haters make us famous and we will even be more famous once the ownership mess is settled and the team stays. Especially when some of the transplants of Chicago and Los Angeles and other cities across the globe here in AZ end up converting over to a Coyotes Fan. The upside is amazing.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 01-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Rutkowski

Well, to be fair, there's a fair bit to hate about Arizona. It's pretty ill-reputed, even internationally.

I think lockstock got it. To make it worse it's a dangerous minefield to call them out on their ********.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Well, to be fair, there's a fair bit to hate about Arizona. It's pretty ill-reputed, even internationally.

I think lockstock got it. To make it worse it's a dangerous minefield to call them out on their ********.
There is plenty to like or not like no matter where you go and things can't be that bad here when others around the world want to visit and live here.

Anyways, embrace the hate and lets get this mess settled once and for all.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

I believe that you get hated when your doing something right in sports...usually winning.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:49 PM
AZcoyotes33

This will get resolved in the 20th-25th range.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Sunnucks has major creditibility issues but I wouldn't take anyone elses word in this cluster**** mess easy either.
He's a good business reporter but doesn't know squat about hockey or the NHL.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
He's a good business reporter but doesn't know squat about hockey or the NHL.
If he is a good business reporter, then he should get everything right no matter what.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
If he is a good business reporter, then he should get everything right no matter what.
Bingo.

How can he be a bad reporter, but a good business reporter.

His main problem with his reporting on the Coyotes saga has been a reliance on dubious, anonymous sources, or no discernible source at all.

My theory continues to be that he has someone from IEH (probably "IceEdgeDJ") murmuring in his ear. That would be confusing for just about anyone.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
goyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Bingo.

How can he be a bad reporter, but a good business reporter.

His main problem with his reporting on the Coyotes saga has been a reliance on dubious, anonymous sources, or no discernible source at all.

My theory continues to be that he has someone from IEH (probably "IceEdgeDJ") murmuring in his ear. That would be confusing for just about anyone.
I have had email communications with the Sun man going back to the BK days and Moyes. He knows less than many of the people who post on the BoH. And when he does report something, he usually only gets it half correct. Lazy....

Old
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
I have had email communications with the Sun man going back to the BK days and Moyes. He knows less than many of the people who post on the BoH. And when he does report something, he usually only gets it half correct. Lazy....
Bang on...

Old
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
The BoH posters have been 100% spot on through the whole ownership fiasco. That's why Sunnucks goes to them.

Closed Thread