HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Nicklas Jensen (2011, 29th overall, Vancouver)

Old
01-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Falconator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Fair enough. Just was commenting.

He just seems like someone that wont settle for the AHL. But who knows.
I don't think he was eligible to play in the AHL this year, it was the OHL or Europe.

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

No, he just seems like someone that listens to what the team that drafted him thinks is best for his development.

You read the situation wrong. No need to carry on trying to make Jensen look like he's done something he shouldn't have...

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

He seems like the kind of guy that wants to do whats best for his career, if thats going to the AHL I would imagine he is fine with that.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Beerfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
The team is the worst team in the SEL, so you couldn't have expected him to continue it forever.

But they picked up Kristain Huselius who has been eating into his minutes big time and has bumped him down a line I believe.

Oh well I still think he is leading the team in points, or close to it. Not bad for a 19 year old getting 15-18 Minutes on the worst team in the SEL.
Jensen is 4th on the team in points, 9 behind the leader.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:20 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot91 View Post
1st in goals last time I checked.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
1st in goals last time I checked.
Alright yeah, I remember he was leading in something, I just haven't checked in so long I forgot, I guess what I actually ment is goals not points.

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest* View Post
Wasnt Jensen close to a PPG after like 15 games or so this year?

16 points in 34 games now.

Has he been struggling lately?

Edit - Heres an article,
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/10...scoring-video/

He had 8 goals and 3 assists in 15 games to start the year.

In the next 19 games he has had 4 goals and 1 assist.

Jensen plays for a prett sucky team, he seems to be the only consistent scorer.
Jensen had 1g & 2a in his teams 3-4 loss today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
That puts Jensen at 13 goals, the last player to do this at this age in SEL is Patrick Hornqvist, and before that was Daniel Sedin.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a stud prospect in the making!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Jensen was actually involved in all 3 of AIK's goals with 1g & 2a.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/elitserien-arena/38305/live/

Jensen is number 2 on the rookie points list, but clear number 1 in terms of goals.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...YearCategory=1

Jensen also has the most goals on his team.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...ayerPosition=0

Jensen also had 6SOG which put's him at 14 league wise

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...s.aspx?LId=250

And number one out of all the rookies.

http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...YearCategory=1

HIGHLIGHTS

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
No, he just seems like someone that listens to what the team that drafted him thinks is best for his development.

You read the situation wrong. No need to carry on trying to make Jensen look like he's done something he shouldn't have...
Just saying what i heard and feel.

If it turns out that he doesn't want to stay in NA playing low mins or in the AHL; than i guess what i heard early on is truth. If not, then i was wrong and he wanted to further himself in a better league (apparently at the request of his NHL team)

Just speaking my mind. It's a message board after all.

Sterling31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

If it turns out that he doesn't want to stay in NA playing low mins or in the AHL; than i guess what i heard early on is truth. If not, then i was wrong and he wanted to further himself in a better league (apparently at the request of his NHL team)

And sometimes people on message boards can be bitter & have an agenda to trash a player. This is what it seems like with you.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Spectrefire

Quote:

Dude went to play on one of the worst teams in the SEL. I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Jensen made it clear that he had nothing left to learn in the OHL, he wanted a challenge and decided that he was going to play pro this year, either in the NHL or SEL (he can't play in the AHL yet because he's still 19). The Canucks agreed completely with him and gave him the green light to go overseas where he's been putting up tremendous numbers for a 19 year old.

He wants to play in the NHL, that's his goal and he's made it very clear about that.

Spectrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:24 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Dude went to play on one of the worst teams in the SEL. I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Jensen made it clear that he had nothing left to learn in the OHL, he wanted a challenge and decided that he was going to play pro this year, either in the NHL or SEL (he can't play in the AHL yet because he's still 19). The Canucks agreed completely with him and gave him the green light to go overseas where he's been putting up tremendous numbers for a 19 year old.

He wants to play in the NHL, that's his goal and he's made it very clear about that.
Jensen also said to the media, I can't remember who, that he liked the OHL and all but just found that he was better suited to a more tactical structured game like in the A, NHL or SEL. He is more suited to a game that actually has a tactical approach.

DannyBoy8920: Ive met Jensen and his father on several occassions... If there is something he is not, it is a primadonna.. You dont get many danish primadonnas...

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Robin Hood

Quote:

That doesn't warrant your silly accusations. Comment on his game all you want but accusing him of immorality and selfishness is stepping over the line - even on a message board. It's clear that you don't have a clue about what you're commenting on. What you "hear and feel" is not a proper counter argument to facts. Your accusations are baseless and absurd. Just leave it or present something with substance.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

First this is someone else's post but thought it should be in here. Thanks to opendoor for figuring this all out.

Quote:
In the last 20 years, here are the 10 best goal scoring seasons by Jr. aged players in the SEL:

1) Forsberg (92-93): 23

2) Hornqvist (06-07): 23

3) Naslund (91-92): 22

4) Naslund: (92-93): 22

5) D. Sedin (98-99): 21

6) D. Sedin (99-00): 19

7) Weinhandl (99-00): 15

8) Jensen (12-13): 14

9) Tedenby (09-10): 12

10) Bäckstrom (06-07): 12

On that list, Jensen is the only rookie, though obviously he's older than most of the other guys were in their rookie years. Still not bad for his first taste of pro hockey.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
FiveAndGame

I haven't really been following his progress, but given his stats, it looks like he is doing well. It should be very interesting to see if he can make the Canucks out of camp this coming year. If I recall correctly he nearly made it last season.

My only concern is this: 5/14 goals scored have been on the PP, is that a statistical anomaly? Should we be expecting more ES goals? Fewer ES goals? That is a similar ratio of PPG/G to what D Sedin has been achieving the last few years.
I agree with what someone else mentioned about his assist totals being off but like they suggested it could just be an indication that he lacks scoring linemates.

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 10:16 PM
ronnyweed

Play him with the sedins and they will set the record for fewest hits by a line for a season. He didn't get along with coaches for his lack of physical play in the ohl , doesn't initiate contact enough. Good speed and hands but struggles with consistency. Goes on stretches of scoring then the same stretches where he is ineffective. Line demotions effect his play as he believes he should always be the go to guy even when his play doesnt warrant the added ice time. Power forward without the power - 20-20 2nd line player.

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Play him with the sedins and they will set the record for fewest hits by a line for a season. He didn't get along with coaches for his lack of physical play in the ohl , doesn't initiate contact enough. Good speed and hands but struggles with consistency. Goes on stretches of scoring then the same stretches where he is ineffective. Line demotions effect his play as he believes he should always be the go to guy even when his play doesnt warrant the added ice time. Power forward without the power - 20-20 2nd line player.
I'm sure your opinion is not worthless

And you don't sound bitter at all

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
I'm sure your opinion is not worthless

And you don't sound bitter at all
Doesn't sound bitter at all. Sounds like he has seen him play quite a bit.

Only want to hear positives eh?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Doesn't sound bitter at all. Sounds like he has seen him play quite a bit.

Only want to hear positives eh?
Quote:
he believes he should always be the go to guy even when his play doesnt warrant the added ice time
Yup that doesn't sound bitter

And if we only wanted to hear positives this thread would be in our sub forum now wouldn't it? Calgary resident.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Yup that doesn't sound bitter

And if we only wanted to hear positives this thread would be in our sub forum now wouldn't it? Calgary resident.
Classy.

I think your being a little to sensitive. There was nothing "bitter" about the above statement you quoted..

Last edited by Money Baer: 01-13-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Plenty of big skilled forwards don't throw bone crunching hits.

Can you recall Jeff Carter throwing a big hit?

Havlat? Hossa?

Not every winger is Milan Lucic.

Your post is full of exaggerations.

@wally31 - why not worry about your own teams prospects instead of always weighing in on the Canucks?

Old
01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

Quote:

@wally31 - why not worry about your own teams prospects instead of always weighing in on the Canucks?
If you actually take the time (you haven't) scroll up and read my posts about Jensen. I'm definitely positive, and think he's a good prospect. I've added constructive conversation to this thread, and have watched him play many times. Just becasue I'm from Calgary, and support the Flames, doesn't mean I automatically hate all Canucks property. (look at some of my posts in the Corrado thread..)

This is a thread where people can talk about "prospects". Jensen is a prospect, therefore, I will interact in this conversation.

Grow up.

Old
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
FiveAndGame

Quote:
I'll tell you why: his team doesn't have any.

Back on topic, I'm excited to see what Jensen can do. I don't know that he will be a star in the NHL, but a solid top six winger is nothing to scoff at either.

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
If you actually take the time (you haven't) scroll up and read my posts about Jensen. I'm definitely positive, and think he's a good prospect. I've added constructive conversation to this thread, and have watched him play many times.

This is a thread where people can talk about "prospects". Jensen is a prospect, therefore, I will interact in this conversation.

Grow up.
Ive read the thread.

I also find it ironic how quickly you replied.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
That doesn't warrant your silly accusations. Comment on his game all you want but accusing him of immorality and selfishness is stepping over the line - even on a message board. It's clear that you don't have a clue about what you're commenting on. What you "hear and feel" is not a proper counter argument to facts. Your accusations are baseless and absurd. Just leave it or present something with substance.
When someone you know on the bench says he is a "primadona, selfish player" it makes you change your opinion about someone. Take it for what its worth. I will say what i heard, that is all. No big deal, no harm to the player; His development will continue. We are in a technology world, I am just addressing my personal opinion. Whether it be through someone I know.

Moving on.

Sterling31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Out of all of our prospects, Jensen is the one that I have a real good feeling about.

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote