HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Must say I have not. Will look into them because so far I tend to only use beats if I make a fruit/veggie type shake as the taste can be mostly masked by the fruit in the mix.

Grrr I want my punching bag installed. It didn't fit into my Jeep so is still in Montreal at my parents place. My brother is suppose to being it here next time he comes which I hope is this weekend or next at the latest.
They're not bad, but certainly not for everyone. I like boiling them, cubing them, and then tossing them with pasta, fresh basil, an infused olive oil, and a little bit of parmesan.

I want a bag so bad, but literally have nowhere to hang it since we don't have a basement. Suppose I could get a frame, but just don't have the money for that.

Quote:
Have never tried golden beets. What about turnips? I love those things..

Rarely, if ever, see fresh turnips for sale by us. Although did see them yesterday up here in Chicago... Almost didn't even recognize them at first.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Unaffiliated

I'm talking about videos like this.

A lot of them are a little cheesy, but hey.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You cannot make a pot pie that is significantly less calories, it is simply impossible. The same ingredients are needed, gravy, pastry, chicken, peas, carrots, ect. These ingredients that make this dish all have the same calories in them. Now, there may be ways to reduce it, but not significantly; unless you want to make it much smaller or cut out everything in the gravy and pastry.
Who gives a crap about pot pie? It's garbage food. And most processed foods are garbage food since they're usually filled with lots of cheap crappy carbs.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I know some health nuts, and they do these crazy things and crazy diets, and every time I lose weight, they always ask me how I did it. And I just say, eat in moderation and exercise. And people are some how shocked by that. And they can't believe I have crappy foods amongst my "diet" plan. Heck, if I want pizza one night, I'll have it.

(and yeah it seems odd that I have to put every time I lose weight, but its always been after a baby, I have had too many of those! So I gain with pregnancy, and then I'm always back in great shape in no-time).
It's pretty easy for a woman who has given birth to lose weight since nursing uses tons of calories.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:46 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
I also want to state for the record that I don't even eat processed food.
Okay. Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Anyways, here is my diet for this month:

Monday:

Fruit Shake with protein mix
Cheese and Toast

Chocolate Milk after workout

T-Bone Steak
Baked Potato
Salad

Tuesday:

Bacon and Eggs
Toast

Chocolate Milk

Shrimp Pasta
Salad

Wednesday:

Shake
Cheese and Toast

Chocolate Milk

Baked/Grilled Fish
Black Beans
Toast

Thurs:

Bacon and Eggs
Toast

Chocolate Milk

Shrimp Pasta
Salad

Friday:

Shake
Toast and Cheese

Chocolate Milk

Porterhouse Steak
Baked Potato
Salad

Sat:

Sausages and Eggs
Toast

Shake

Fish
Beans
Toast

Sunday:

Whatever the hell I want.

The horror, right?
That's a crap diet for someone who lifts. It's too low in protein, not enough vegetables, and too many crappy carbs. Do you bake your own bread or it is store bought processed bread?

Old
01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
One diet I've done is called a protein sparing modified fast. It's basically an extreme form of keto and something used to cut rapidly. It involves a scarily (to the layman) low calorie target and a highly restrictive food list. Best results ever. If you expend somewhere around 3,000 a day, and consume ~500-750, you are dropping a half pound a day. Note that is fat, which will also result in water being released.
I did this and lost like 20 lbs and 3 inches off my waist in a month. It's really effective but you will crave carbs like you won't believe while you're on it.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Okay. Are you sure about that?

That's a crap diet for someone who lifts. It's too low in protein, not enough vegetables, and too many crappy carbs. Do you bake your own bread or it is store bought processed bread?
I am not 'lifting' at the moment if you happened to actually read the thread. I also hit at least 170 g of protein, so no, for what I need, I am definitely getting enough.

The salad has more than 7 vegetables in it. The bread is whole wheat or rye, it is baked in a local bakery.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post

I'm talking about videos like this.

A lot of them are a little cheesy, but hey.
First video was a tease. The wife and I thought there would be more of that girl.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
First video was a tease. The wife and I thought there would be more of that girl.
Same thing happened to me.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:09 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
I am not 'lifting' at the moment
Why not? You're tiny.

Quote:
I also hit at least 170 g of protein,
I doubt that unless you are counting the crap protein from all that bread and pasta you're eating.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Why not? You're tiny.

I doubt that unless you are counting the crap protein from all that bread and pasta you're eating.
LOL, as long as you are getting most of your protein from complete protein sources, distinguishing incomplete and complete proteins is asinine.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
LOL, as long as you are getting most of your protein from complete protein sources, distinguishing incomplete and complete proteins is asinine.
Hey believe it or not I agree with you on that one. I prefer to get it from things like meat, nuts etc but I do sprinkle Salba for example on some of my meals and it has 2.6g of protein per 12 g serving or sprouted chia seeds which as 5g per 15g serving.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
LOL, at thinking that getting protein from wheat is the same as getting protein from meat.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:29 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
LOL, at thinking that getting protein from wheat is the same as getting protein from meat.
If you learned to read that is not exactly what he said.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:43 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Do you spend your time working out at the infamous Monster Gym in Montreal's West Island? I mean that is a gym for winners.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Incomplete and complete proteins combine during digestion throughout the day. Considering that I have a healthy source of complete protein intake every day (not to mention every meal has both complete and incomplete proteins, lol), it would not matter if I was counting incomplete proteins or not.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Holy **** was the gym ever packed today. Jeez, I thought there would be a lot of New Years' people, but there were far more than I could have imagined. I didn't even get to do a couple of exercises I wanted to, because of the sheer amount of people. Hopefully it'll die down quickly.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Holy **** was the gym ever packed today. Jeez, I thought there would be a lot of New Years' people, but there were far more than I could have imagined. I didn't even get to do a couple of exercises I wanted to, because of the sheer amount of people. Hopefully it'll die down quickly.
Easiest money these gyms make, the new year resolution person who pays for a full year, shows up for a month maybe two and never comes back until the next year...

Old
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Kitten Mittons

Something new I saw today: dude taking up the bench press to do curls with the barbell. Really? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
The picture did more motivation for me than the stupid video.

Quote:
By that logic, you should be eating egg whites instead of meat. Best protein out there.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Something new I saw today: dude taking up the bench press to do curls with the barbell. Really? ...
Yeah it's pretty common. I don't do curls in the squat rack like many of the members at my gym, so at times I'll just take a bench press and do curls there.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Yeah it's pretty common. I don't do curls in the squat rack like many of the members at my gym, so at times I'll just take a bench press and do curls there.
I've actually never seen anyone do curls at the squat rack. But it just didn't make sense to me - there are plenty of smaller barbells on the rack you can use for curls and he was doing just the barbell, not 135+lbs...

Old
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Orr123

Quote:
It's pretty easy for a woman who has given birth to lose weight since nursing uses tons of calories.
Its true, but I can't nurse. So it actually isn't the case for me.

But yeah, for the most part nursing can pretty easily get you back to pre-pregnancy weight, it isn't the same for everyone though.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
FriedmansBaldSpot

This is an awesome ab workout for anyone who wants to switch up their ab routine.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Elbows of Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Wide-grip pullups for the first time today since I got chronic tendonitis of the subscapularis and biceps tendons in July

Been so ****ing careful since, but finally feel able to do virtually anything in the gym again (except dips, so wary of those ****ers)

4 sets of 10 with good form as well, so haven't lost too much from having to do other back exercises instead
Just curious Bassassin, as I do a lot of chinups myself, were the chinups the cause of the subscapularis and bicep tendonitis? Actually, speaking of scapularis, blah, what have you done to rehab? I have a loosey-goosey scap (shoulder-blade), and am worried about strengthening it improperly.

Old
01-08-2013, 03:20 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

I saw someone doing dumbbell curls at the bench press the other day FFS. Just sat on the bench while someone was waiting to use it properly.

Closed Thread