HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to Sign Subban

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
We finally have the chance to enjoy a lineup with both Markov and Subban in it. Why ruin that? Let's give it a chance and see what it'll bring.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:16 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
I'm not a PK hater....at least not yet.

I'm just questioning his ''devotion'' to the Habs.

The guy is already a star in NHL. So he has a huge value right now imo.

If it happens he represents a threat to the team chemistry, I'm no more that opposed to a trade, since it could be a good one for the Habs.

If the signing goes wrong how about something like D. Hamilton and 2013 1st choice from the Bruins if he would like to play with bro
A late 1st and Hamilton who is completely unproven and looked terrible in the WJC? NOPE.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:20 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
A late 1st and Hamilton who is completely unproven and looked terrible in the WJC? NOPE.
to be fair he was very good the last WJC and in his defence, every single defensemen on that team, minus harrington, sucked big time... i can't remember how many times i went "lolreilly!" while watching the game

Old
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Half of team Canada looked terrible and all of Russia looked brutal in that tournament...I am fully confident that not all of them were playing to their max potential. A late 1st + Hamilton is something I'd consider if Subban HAD to be traded. I'd rather just keep him though, we developed him, he's 23 years old and already our #1 D and he will only get better. We can't afford to trade that kind of skillset for pure potential (no matter how good Hamilton is projected to be) unless we're forced to...and as far as I know the management is trying to resign Subban and he hasn't requested a trade either.

01-07-2013, 06:29 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
to be fair he was very good the last WJC and in his defence, every single defensemen on that team, minus harrington, sucked big time... i can't remember how many times i went "lolreilly!" while watching the game
We are talking about trading Subban here, there isn't many prospects I would be willing to take for him and one with such question marks around him like Hamilton is not one of them. If Subban is leaving we should be asking for someone with proven NHL ability like Couturier.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Too much marketability to trade, let alone his skill level and importance to the team on the ice.

It would be so dumb on many levels to trade him, and I hope he retires a Hab with some rings!

Old
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
We are talking about trading Subban here, there isn't many prospects I would be willing to take for him and one with such question marks around him like Hamilton is not one of them. If Subban is leaving we should be asking for someone with proven NHL ability like Couturier.
I would think really long before deciding between Couturier and Brayden Schenn though. Schenn is looking to become a huge player for them with tons of talent and plays a in your face game. A perfect capable 70+ 2nd line centerman. But Couturier, I like him since day 1 with the Voltigeurs.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:32 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
For Claude Giroux
+ 1st.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
And who are you talking about here? I couldn't think of 1 example.
Perezhogin, Ribeiro, etc... You can make a pretty long list of 1 year or 2 contracts that ended bad for the org, but not necessarily the player in question.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Bergevin pretty much just denied the trade rumors on Subban right now on 98,5fm with Mario Langlois. I translated it the best I could hopefully they post the interview later on their website. Langlois asked: There are rumors that the Flyers inquired on Subban and you said earlier in the press conference that you are ready to listen to offers that would help the team. Is trading Subban a possibility. Bergevin responded: My intention is to sign Subban. Altough in a later question he did say nobody is untouchable right now because he's still new to the team.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Bergevin responded: My intention is to sign Subban. Altough in a later question he did say nobody is untouchable right now because he's still new to the team.
It was: ''Untouchable? I'm not there yet honestly...I haven't seen this team play a single game yet. ''

Link to it: http://www.985sports.ca/audioplayer.php?mp3=159171

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Perezhogin, Ribeiro, etc... You can make a pretty long list of 1 year or 2 contracts that ended bad for the org, but not necessarily the player in question.
Geez, going far back, eh? I don't think Perezhogin was really all that gung-ho about being in the NHL anyway. He would have left eventually.

Ribeiro being signed to a longer deal probably doesn't change anything. It was clear Gainey wanted him to GTFO.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I would think really long before deciding between Couturier and Brayden Schenn though. Schenn is looking to become a huge player for them with tons of talent and plays a in your face game. A perfect capable 70+ 2nd line centerman. But Couturier, I like him since day 1 with the Voltigeurs.
I wouldn't trade PK for either one of those guys.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I wouldn't trade PK for either one of those guys.
Giroux would be hard to resist....

Old
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
conventional wisdom says that you build from the net out

we have price
next would be Dmen
Gorges signed long term, but no stud, so lets get rid of the one that came from our very own stable

Old
01-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Giroux ya because you're talking about a player that already scored 93pts, and has 55pts in 50gp. He's up there as one of the best players in the NHL.

I was referring to Couturier and Schenn, who both were rookies and didn't even outproduce PK in his rookie year, despite them being forwards. Not that they won't score more points. But I think PK will always hold a bigger impact on whatever team he's on than either of those guys.
You only have 5 more spots for a Dman. You have 11 more for forwards. So Dmen are more valuable. Philly would have to offer more.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Giroux ya because you're talking about a player that already scored 93pts, and has 55pts in 50gp. He's up there as one of the best players in the NHL.

I was referring to Couturier and Schenn, who both were rookies and didn't even outproduce PK in his rookie year, despite them being forwards. Not that they won't score more points. But I think PK will always hold a bigger impact on whatever team he's on than either of those guys.
You only have 5 more spots for a Dman. You have 11 more for forwards. So Dmen are more valuable. Philly would have to offer more.
Absolutely, but presumably any hypothetical trade wouldn't be a one-for-one swap.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Absolutely, but presumably any hypothetical trade wouldn't be a one-for-one swap.
Unless I'm mistake, the poster who came up with this idea was talking about a heads up deal.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Unless I'm mistake, the poster who came up with this idea was talking about a heads up deal.
OK, but the rumor I saw was Couturier and a 1st.

There's a lot of noise... it might be 100% noise and 0% signal :-)

Old
01-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
conventional wisdom says that you build from the net out

we have price
next would be Dmen
Gorges signed long term, but no stud, so lets get rid of the one that came from our very own stable
If you can get a superstar like Giroux for Subban when we have an abundance of D in the pipeline and a lack of centers....you do it. Short term pain for long term gain.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If you can get a superstar like Giroux for Subban when we have an abundance of D in the pipeline and a lack of centers....you do it. Short term pain for long term gain.
and do you think that will get done 1 for 1?

And for some of the faithful here, he's listed at 5'11"
So does that mean that Desharnais goes because we cant have small centers up and down the line-up?

Old
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Bobby Clarke will never let this happen.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Nedved

don't like speculating; but, what about bobby ryan and a 2nd. is that good value? tough trade, could work, could fail...

Old
01-07-2013, 10:44 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
PK Subban will be traded to edm or philly..
I doubt it would happen and I don't want it to happen but what would be a fair trade for PK to the Flyers from a Flyers fan POV? Just curious what Flyers fans would give up for PK.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:51 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
don't like speculating; but, what about bobby ryan and a 2nd. is that good value? tough trade, could work, could fail...
Ryan, Gibson and a 2nd.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I doubt it would happen and I don't want it to happen but what would be a fair trade for PK to the Flyers from a Flyers fan POV? Just curious what Flyers fans would give up for PK.
Most of them would try to convince you that a bucket of pucks and an ex-large pizza are over-payment, so expect retread 1 / retread 2 / and a has-been or 2nd rounder. or something to that effect.

Closed Thread