HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Your recent purchases

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
  #151
WeakTalocrural
Registered User
 
WeakTalocrural's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
First off, wanted to say this is a great message board. Since I got the Hockey bug a month or so ago, been lurking here for research. My first class/scrimmage is a week from today. It is a beginner Adult Hockey class at a local rink. I did not go too crazy on the equipment. I figured the Vapor 5.0 level gear will be a good start. My skates are only 2.0's for now.

Here is what my wife let me pick up today. Got most of the stuff I need for next week!


WeakTalocrural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
  #152
SCBruCrew4
Registered User
 
SCBruCrew4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeakTalocrural View Post
First off, wanted to say this is a great message board. Since I got the Hockey bug a month or so ago, been lurking here for research. My first class/scrimmage is a week from today. It is a beginner Adult Hockey class at a local rink. I did not go too crazy on the equipment. I figured the Vapor 5.0 level gear will be a good start. My skates are only 2.0's for now.

Here is what my wife let me pick up today. Got most of the stuff I need for next week!

Your a walking Bauer ad! lol.

In reality though I hope you enjoy the class and learn quick. I was bit by the same bug late last year and have been having the time of my life. May I ask how much you spent? Hope not too much!

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:54 PM
  #153
WeakTalocrural
Registered User
 
WeakTalocrural's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
Your a walking Bauer ad! lol.

In reality though I hope you enjoy the class and learn quick. I was bit by the same bug late last year and have been having the time of my life. May I ask how much you spent? Hope not too much!
Haha..yeah Bauer overload. To be honest, Bauer is all I really know from playing Hockey with my friends when I was younger. I had Bauer Turbo skates, although I am not sure I should admit that I owned those.

Aside from the skates, I got everything in that pic for $360.00. Hopefully it holds together for what I am sure is going to be a lot of time sliding down the ice. lol

WeakTalocrural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:46 AM
  #154
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,649
vCash: 500
I did that once!

5500 helmet
9900 cage
Vapor 25 shoulders, pants, and skates
One75 gloves
One55 elbows
One90 shins
One95 stick

I kept having good luck with Bauer then OCD took over.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
  #155
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
With the excitement of the NHL coming back I decided to pick up a new pair of skates.

RBK 20K with the holders changed up for Custom 652 tongues along with Tuuk Lightspeed 2 holders. From what I hear the RBK holders are junk and the new tongues will get rid of lace bite. Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow!

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
  #156
Aucoin11*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Brian's Focus
Sherwood g7000 stick, hopefully this one doesn't explode after a month and a half like my 9950. My last two sherwoods have had pitiful durability, which is odd considering how tankish they were for me before that.
Van Velden Mask
PAW knee pads, not a huge fan of these so far. Not really seeing the insane amount of hype they've been getting. They're pretty big and obtrusive. I prefer my vaughns so far.
Waxed laces.

Got to really give a hand to total hockey here. We had one open up around us recently and I ordered the g7000 stick through them. I was told it would be 50 bucks, ended up being 20 with their hockey green thing.

I'm actually considering stocking up on sticks and using this BOGO5030 to get a pair of 5030s for 30 bucks. Though that stick is fairly crappy.

I'm starting to think total's deals are actually better than hockey monkey's.

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
  #157
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
With the excitement of the NHL coming back I decided to pick up a new pair of skates.

RBK 20K with the holders changed up for Custom 652 tongues along with Tuuk Lightspeed 2 holders. From what I hear the RBK holders are junk and the new tongues will get rid of lace bite. Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow!
Aha if everyone had your attitude, Jan-Feb wouldn't be the slowest months in hockey retail...

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #158
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,649
vCash: 500
Total is great, I've bought nearly all my gear in the last year through them. Including the Miken Z9 today...that's a pair of shoulders, pair of gloves, two sticks, a shaft, a few blades, pair of pants, lots of tape and little stuff, a Wild jersey, random hockey crap for my kid...I just really like the store, makes it easy to spend money

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 06:58 AM
  #159
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Skated with the Skatefenders for the first time last night. Didnt even notice they were there.

Didnt take any pucks off them so cant say how they work.
So its been a few games now with the SkateFenders and Ive taken a few pucks off them. Havent felt a thing and they arent cumbersome in the least.

Needless to say they are fantastic and I wont be playing without them ever again.

I get lots of questions when people notice them.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:22 AM
  #160
deeman
Registered User
 
deeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Easton Synergy EQ20 Skates

I had some nice CCM 325(?) Super Tacks with the Pro-Lite 3 Blade Holders and used them for about 50 skate sessions. The front section of the blade holder cracked and broke some pieces off – DANG! I now see the Pro-Lite 3 blade holders are pretty notorious for breaking pretty easily. I really liked the skates up until then. The blade holders were about $25 per side and I was worried they would snap again so I bought a new pair of skates.

I tired on several mid entry-level skates including the Bauer Vapors (2,3 and 4) and thought they were the most uncomfortable skate for my foot shape. I then decided to try some Easton Synergy EQ20’s and fell in love! Talk about comfort!

They were a $125 (ish) skate on sale for $70. Most places seem to offer this price. Anyhow, for my needs they are fine. I only have about 5 sessions on them and I am still getting used to them. First time out was a bit tough since I came to know where I could “push” my old skates and where they would support me. Tried the same sharp turns and pivots on these new skates and got tripped up a bit. Also not sure how good the 19 year old skate sharpening guru was at putting the initial edge on these.

Comfort and fit is still really good. They do seem to offer a bit more “shallow” boot. Not sure what I think of this. I like the tongue. Nicely padded and has a surface that keeps the laces snug while lacing up the skates.

deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
  #161
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
  #162
CoopALoop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Van, Bandwagoner
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Schwing!

Beauty of a set. I always hear good things about Simmons gear.

New skates:


CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
  #163
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I'm not a goalie but that gear is sick.

I will post pics of my new setup once I get everything.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:22 AM
  #164
Hank4Hart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
sick gear. specs?


i am surprised you went with the matrix gloves. what made you go with the matrix gloves over the 997 ones? i have heard great things about the 99x series gloves....

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:00 PM
  #165
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,649
vCash: 500
Got a bunch of random stuff over the weekend:

- Black and white grip tape
- New suspenders (lost the old ones)
- Bauer 120" white unwaxed laces
- Jr wood blade (Hall) for an old flipped SE16 intermediate

- Mako wood blade (Forsberg), which I heated up, opened up the face a bit, and added some toe:


Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:04 PM
  #166
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
So its been a few games now with the SkateFenders and Ive taken a few pucks off them. Havent felt a thing and they arent cumbersome in the least.

Needless to say they are fantastic and I wont be playing without them ever again.

I get lots of questions when people notice them.
Took a blast square to the side of my ankle from our dman, who played junior with the likes of the Hossas, Gaborik, and Kopecky. Didnt feel anything other than the pressure. If i hadnt been wearing them id have been on the ice.

Absolutely worth if anyones thinking of them.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:08 PM
  #167
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Thanks guys. I also have a new pair of Bauer pro goalie pants in my club's colors.

Just pulled the trigger on the new Graf cowlings for my Goaler Pro 750s.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
  #168
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
sick gear. specs?


i am surprised you went with the matrix gloves. what made you go with the matrix gloves over the 997 ones? i have heard great things about the 99x series gloves....
Pads are 34+2.

Glove is the 997, the blocker is a Matrix. Glove feels just awesome and has a new lining in it to help prevent slippage.

Matrix blocker is lighter and great for paddle down.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
  #169
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
I really hope Hockey Monkey doesn't screw me over on shipping though.

Their prices are pretty good and they've got a good enough selection. It's estimated to be 4 days shipping to Northern Virginia but that always ends up being lower or more.

Have you guys ordered from them and how good are they?

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
  #170
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I really hope Hockey Monkey doesn't screw me over on shipping though.

Their prices are pretty good and they've got a good enough selection. It's estimated to be 4 days shipping to Northern Virginia but that always ends up being lower or more.

Have you guys ordered from them and how good are they?
I get **** shipped from them to the middle east all the time. Theyre great. No issues and usually less than a week.

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
  #171
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
I get **** shipped from them to the middle east all the time. Theyre great. No issues and usually less than a week.
Thanks man helps alot haha

Yeah they look like a solid company. I've had issues with Total Hockey employees as major douches and have no idea what they're talking about sometimes.

If you're right they are a keeper.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
  #172
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Thanks man helps alot haha

Yeah they look like a solid company. I've had issues with Total Hockey employees as major douches and have no idea what they're talking about sometimes.

If you're right they are a keeper.
I've had nothing but good experiences with Total Hockey. I also find that they ship much faster than Hockey Monkey. Add to that their loyalty program and I'll stick with Total Hockey. I've already earned over a $100 in credit.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
  #173
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I've had nothing but good experiences with Total Hockey. I also find that they ship much faster than Hockey Monkey. Add to that their loyalty program and I'll stick with Total Hockey. I've already earned over a $100 in credit.
They always seem to be out of stock on popular things though.

They have alot more than Hockey Monkey but when they do have something like a Bauer Total One or a Warrior Widow it's super overpriced.

We'll see how Hockey Monkey ships until I can compare the two haha.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
  #174
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,649
vCash: 500
I've never ordered from Total Hockey, just buy stuff in the retail store. The prices are sometimes different, sometimes a lot lower in the store.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
  #175
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 291
Stopped by Pro Hockey Life today. It's amazing how many Bauer X:50's they still have left.

Picked one up. $135 after sales tax, which isn't that bad in my opinion. The one I purchased was a 77 flex senior. Next pay check I definitely think I'll buy a 67 flex X:50. Great sticks.


MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.